Bedtimes and blankets

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still would like to know who bathed and dressed Haleigh that morning. If Haleigh did wet the night before,as Misty said, then someone had to clean and change her. Why didn't the blanket get thrown into the wash that morning?

I know. It's driving me nuts that no one is reporting/asking what "a day in their life" might be like!!!

Even if the blanket had "pee" on it, how do we know if it was even Haleigh's? She also had a little brother that could have had an accident for that matter.

Interesting point, In da Middle. IMO, there's no way Misty could have known how the blanket got wet unless she was there when it happened or someone else told her. Yet she attributes the "accident" to Haleigh. Why?

I watched that interview and what strikes me as odd is how MC keeps looking up when she tries to remember something.

Ummm excuse me...LOOK AT THIS!!!!!

"In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top. She reported Haleigh was wearing that top when she disappeared."

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

And this is from statement days ago....."So I washed her blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with (voice breaks) and she fell asleep and I went--come in there and put her blanket on her and then I laid down."

WHAT BLANKET??? The girl said she FELL ASLEEP....WITH A SHEET and that she didn't put a blanket on her until after 10. Now she was watching DVD's with her brother...UNDER A BLANKET?

Yet another blanket story..........what is with these people?

Yep, I caught that 'slip' in blanket/sheet when I read that article this morning.

:banghead: Another blanket story.....

Why is it so hard for people to get their stories straight???

I'm certainly giving Misty the benefit of the doubt here, considering how I feel about all of this, but maybe, just maybe the blanket she was covered with during the movies was JR's and she hadn't realized just yet that Haleigh's was soiled.

Who knows, it seems like the longer Haleigh is missing and the tiny new bit of information that we get only confuses us that much more!

Ummm excuse me...LOOK AT THIS!!!!!

"In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top. She reported Haleigh was wearing that top when she disappeared."

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

And this is from statement days ago....."So I washed her blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with (voice breaks) and she fell asleep and I went--come in there and put her blanket on her and then I laid down."

WHAT BLANKET??? The girl said she FELL ASLEEP....WITH A SHEET and that she didn't put a blanket on her until after 10. Now she was watching DVD's with her brother...UNDER A BLANKET?

Hmmmm...maybe this is what was happening before the blanket needed to be washed? Pink top gets taken off.

These movies are both fairly long, so what time did the kids actually go to bed?:

Madagascar - 80 minutes
Air Bud -98 minutes

She obvously is continuing to have math issue problems. :(

She said she last saw Haleigh outside on the porch eating dinner at 7 p.m. on Monday.

"Her and Junior were sitting up there with a plate in their lap and eating. When we drove up they hollered, 'Hey Granny. Hey Granny,' like they always do," Sykes said
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18742867/detail.html

After eating, Croslin said the children watched movies before Haleigh went to bed about 8:15 p.m.

In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=1

They must have been watching those movies on fast forward! :(

I'm certainly giving Misty the benefit of the doubt here, considering how I feel about all of this, but maybe, just maybe the blanket she was covered with during the movies was JR's and she hadn't realized just yet that Haleigh's was soiled.

Who knows, it seems like the longer Haleigh is missing and the tiny new bit of information that we get only confuses us that much more!

LE report says Misty put her to bed in pajamas.
Then she says she was in a pink top.
Then she is allowed into the house, and finds the pink top on the laundry pile.
Is the pink top a hanna montanna top?
Is the pink top a hanna montanna pajama top?
Does it even matter now that the pink top has been found?
Haleigh, however, has not been found.

She obvously is continuing to have math issue problems. :(

She said she last saw Haleigh outside on the porch eating dinner at 7 p.m. on Monday.

"Her and Junior were sitting up there with a plate in their lap and eating. When we drove up they hollered, 'Hey Granny. Hey Granny,' like they always do," Sykes said
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18742867/detail.html

After eating, Croslin said the children watched movies before Haleigh went to bed about 8:15 p.m.

In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=1

They must have been watching those movies on fast forward! :(

Wow! Is this girl really that slow? Maybe she can't remember which movie they watched so just said the 2 she knows they'd watched recently; I guess that would make sense. Or maybe they watched the end of one and the beginning of the next during that time, so she said both. Or maybe she has no idea what time she really put them to bed. But....if she's lying, she's doing such a poor job of figuring out how to do it!

the blanket being taken down from the window on this very night is a HUGE coincidence. i can't believe it is the reason this all happened by a perp being allowed to see into the bedroom. their trailer was the last one on a dirt road practically in the middle of the woods. i don't think there were too many people walking by......

i think taking the blanket down to stage a scene to try and make it look like someone was looking in the window is MUCH more likely. or maybe even that this blanket was used for some kind of cleanup or concealment and then washed to remove evidence. another suspicious act.......washing two blankets that night and the blanket misty normally uses gone.

I think it was mentioned before that the blanket was there to block out the light so Ron could sleep during the day. I get the impression there were blinds behind the blanket, so taking it down would not necessarily mean someone could see in.

As for washing the blanket that was on the window...if it had been there awhile, I surely would wash it before I laid it on a child.

Has Misty (or anyone) ever offered an explanation for why/how Misty's blanket got into the van?

Has Misty (or anyone) ever offered an explanation for why/how Misty's blanket got into the van?

No, I was never even sure if it was MISTY'S blanket in the van. But, no never been asked why the blanket was in the van.

She was with family and friends 3 days prior to Monday. She stated she left her blanket in the van that is why she removed the blanket from the window. She stated she didn't know Haleigh had wet the bed and had removed her bedding and washed it.
I am just speculating here for the purposes to understand things that have been said.
She states she put the children to bed at 8, she discovers Haleigh has wet the bed and removes bed linens to wash. Did she wash Haleigh's bedding and allow Haleigh to watch TV in master bed while Jr. watched Tv. in living room? If this was the case I can see the changing of placement of children at different times prior to and after Misty finished wash and then maked beds and relocating children to the beds they where sleeping in that night. Maybe I am wrong and need to be advised on all other possibilities.

She was with family and friends 3 days prior to Monday. She stated she left her blanket in the van that is why she removed the blanket from the window. She stated she didn't know Haleigh had wet the bed and had removed her bedding and washed it.
I am just speculating here for the purposes to understand things that have been said.
She states she put the children to bed at 8, she discovers Haleigh has wet the bed and removes bed linens to wash. Did she wash Haleigh's bedding and allow Haleigh to watch TV in master bed while Jr. watched Tv. in living room? If this was the case I can see the changing of placement of children at different times prior to and after Misty finished wash and then maked beds and relocating children to the beds they where sleeping in that night. Maybe I am wrong and need to be advised on all other possibilities.

Hi Texasmommy, I don't think that it has been proven that Misty was with family and friends for 3 days.....if you have a link to a story pertaining to that I would love to read it cause I have been searching the web for confirmation of that story. TIA.:)

Thanks, TM.

I kinda envision some staggered things going on too. If nothing else, to allow the stated activities fit the timeline a little better (e.g. 2 movies w/ >2hr total run time). In general, I would expect Jr. to be asleep well before Haleigh, but, not 100% since some kids refuse to fall asleep if they are watching a movie...while others nod off easily.

Regarding the blanket...I would not be surprised at all to hear about a child that traveled with their blanket....a 17 year-old though...that's a different story. Not impossible altogther, but, I'm interested in any independent witnesses that place Misty's blanket in the van for the reason she states. I'm not saying its out of the question...like a throw-type thing...just has red flags going up for me personally.

IMO it certainly seems that there are a lot of overly-complicated details given about several blankets and an awful lot of focus on washing when the question from the reporter was, "what happened?" or something to that effect.

Is it odd to you that we hear minute details about blankets, but when asked a very relevant, IMPORTANT questoin reegarding who all was at the home on Feb 9, Misty mentions her brother & his kids and the AC .... and that's all. No Granny Sykes mentioned at "b/w 7and 8 pm." (The timing "B/w 7 and 8 PM" is per Teresa Neves describing it that way on the NG show.)

Who exactly was there at the home on the 9th, other than the nulcear family members (as it were) of Ron, Misty, Haleigh, and Jr - is a very, very crucial tidbit imo.

She mentions all the extended rambling goings-on of multiple blankets, but yet fails to mention, when directly asked, the thidr adult, Granny Sykes, who came to the home? I could totally give Misty a pass if she had been asked to recite the whole blanket story and then got confused and nleft someone off ofa guest list for a birthday party of some long list of names or something of that nature, but her drother with kids, AC man, and Granny Sykes is not a long list to have to recall imo...especailly given the gravity of the situation and importance of that information... relative to the blankets.

Also, since Haleigh is the one missing, I can see Misty focusing on Haleigh, of course, but why ALL that ramble about blankets in general and so little, if any, mention of Jr? I mean he was there... right?

Also, why is a child having accidents on a blanket in this home at age 5 when bio mom and grandmom said that this hadn't happened since Haleigh was two? Additionally, as someone mentioned, only the TOP blanket is in the story as needing to be washed and NOT the sheets for cryin out loud?

Not to mention, how are the kids in bed at 8 PM (or 8:15) if they're on the porch (per Granny Sykes) eating "...b/w 7 and 8 PM?"

How are they on the porch eating AND watching videos? And TWO videos at that? Are they watching videos on the porch? (no) Are they eating on the porch? with blankets? With no blankets? In the 50 degree weather? in the night? Are they wearing hoodies so then they didn't need blankets while eating on the porch?

I just don't get it.

In Florida, for many people, 50 degrees is hoody/blanket weather.... in the evening..... for little kids. But in, for example, Chicago, a temp of 50 in the evening is considered "warm" and folks go outside in their shirt-sleeves. There's a difference in perception and what you're "used" to and what is "chilly/cold" relative to you in a particular area.

I mean to each his own, but it's been my experience that folks in, for example, Chicago or Minneapolis scream HOW WARM! at the prospect of 50 degree evening; Whereas folks in Florida say, "OMG! It's 50! Bring me the blanket/hoodie/jacket." Jus sayin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back