MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.people.com/article/bill-cosby-camille-monique-pressley-attorney-paperwork
[h=1]Bill Cosby Attorney Monique Pressley Files Paperwork to Represent Wife Camille After Earlier Court Filing Questioned Her Legal Standing[/h]The day after attorney Joseph Cammarata filed a motion asking for Bill Cosby's lead attorney, Monique Pressley, to be disqualified as his wife Camille's lawyer because she did not file the proper paperwork in Massachusetts, Pressley hastily filed a "notice of appearance" in the case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...n-answer-sex-life-questions-article-1.2566531
Bill Cosby’s wife says she shouldn’t be subjected to “outrageous questions” about her sex life and other deeply personal topics in a defamation lawsuit filed by seven women who say the comedian sexually assaulted them decades ago.
But a lawyer for the women has asked a judge to step in to make sure Camille Cosby answers more questions in the lawsuit. Camille Cosby sat for the first part of a deposition last month; a second session is scheduled for April 18.

This is ridiculous. Seriously. The people can blame Cosby all they want. But Camille should be left alone unless the questions is pertaining to her manager position of Cosby and not the sex life.

Wtf. Jerry Sandunsky was having his sessions in the basement with little boys sometimes. So heavily questions for his wife made sense.

But Camille has never witnessed any of these things. Especially since they have alot of properties.

So imo. These women should not have their lawyers barking at Camille to help their money case while most never even reported things anyways.

Now I could understand if Camille was the middleman that set up the fake auditions while Cosby was using these auditions to rape women. But this was not the case for the most part.

So imo. Any victim that press for answers from Camille to help solitify their money settlement; Should be seen as money hungry. Especially since they knew Camille was probably sleeping at home while they had no problem joining Cosby at some hotel or wherever for drinks and pills that some agreed to take on their own accord. Jmo.

So they should simply focus on Pill Cosby and leave the wife alone.

Btw. To all men on this forum. If guys were willingly hooking up with your wife at various locations at weird times with the hopes of having fun without being drugged. Would you really care about their sob stories later on that are out to take your money.

I don't think so. Jmo

JMO just because some guys may want to have fun does not mean that your wife is within her rights to drug them.

JMO just because some guys may want to have fun does not mean that your wife is within her rights to drug them.

Agree. But if they was laughing behind my back while I was asleep at home while they were with my wife at some hotel or whatever while partaking in drinks and pills with the hopes of stardom or sex or having a child down the line to keep some money coming in from my billionaire wife.

Then I wouldn't give 2 craps unless it was shown to be serious right then and there. And not 10 to 50 years later.

Especially if I'm now 70 or 80 years old. Jmo

The men your billionaire wife drugged hoped to become pregnant from the affair?

JMO I think that I'd be grossed out to find out that my spouse is a rapist, even when I'm old as dirt.

The men your billionaire wife drugged hoped to become pregnant from the affair?

JMO I think that I'd be grossed out to find out that my spouse is a rapist, even when I'm old as dirt.

Donjeta. Old as dirt.

Okay.

Let's hope that you don't get dementia at the age of 70 and 80 and have lawyers questioning you about affairs that your spouse had decades to a half century ago.

Jmo

Donjeta. It seems like you want Camille to be held responsible.

So what do you think she should tell us since our United States citizens have the right to remain silent.

Especially to some one that is 75 years old.

So WHAT Do You Want To hear Camille state.

Just asking.

Did she provide the hook up or drugs or plot?

What.

JMO I don't think I ever said any of that.

Has it been stated that Camille has dementia?

My thoughts on CC -
First of all, I think deposing her may be a ploy intended to put BC's feet to the fire. They may be getting to BC through his wife.

Second, I have mixed feelings about CC. As a woman, I'm disgusted at her that she can be so breezy about the allegations against BC, her husband. I have a 75 year old mother, who would not stand there and smile falsely while my father stood accused by scores of women for drugging and sexually interfering with them in some manner.

DM, I feel that you are blaming victims when you state (with what knowledge I can't say) that the alleged victims took the drugs willingly. Let's say they did. If you took some sort of drug, while hanging out with BC, then woke up realize you'd been sexually assaulted by him, would you just shrug and say "well, I did accept that cold medicine/wine/joint he offered me, I guess I was asking for it" and move on?

Andrea Constand is a lesbian. She did not have an expectation of sexual contact with BC. Period. So taking the drug (cold meds?) offered to her by BC - why would she have to weigh the possibility he may in fact be drugging her to take advantage of that state of intoxication/incapacitation? That's the height of rape culture, like saying "she shouldn't have dressed that way" or "she shouldn't have been walking down that street alone late at night in that part of town".

Please, do educate yourself about rape culture. It's really easy. Just google "rape culture" and all kinds of interesting articles pop up. It seems you are conflating BC's sexual infidelity with BC's alleged rapes, as though they are both just sex. Rape is not sex. Rape is the ultimate violation. T is an exercise of power over another made helpless in some way, then taking someone sexually without consent. That's not the same as marital infidelity. If BC or his ilk did it to you, maybe you'd understand.

Back to Camille. It seems BC has a fetish for sexual contact with incapacitated women. I suspect, if my own husband had such a fetish, it might have become apparent to me over a 50+ year marriage. So as much as it pains me to consider an old wife answering personal questions about her sex life with her husband, it makes sense to me that an effort would be made to ask those questions of her. Don't blame the lawyers, blame the alleged pig of a rapist for putting his wife in this position.
CC is facing these embarrassing questions because of her husband's actions.

Finally I think CC could show some compassion for all these women who were allegedly violated by her husband and not resort to calling them liars. How does she know? Clearly she let the dog out and has no idea what he was up to.

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CC is being deposed to ascertain what she knew over the years. It is the truth that is being sought.

My thoughts on CC -
First of all, I think deposing her may be a ploy intended to put BC's feet to the fire. They may be getting to BC through his wife.

Second, I have mixed feelings about CC. As a woman, I'm disgusted at her that she can be so breezy about the allegations against BC, her husband. I have a 75 year old mother, who would not stand there and smile falsely while my father stood accused by scores of women for drugging and sexually interfering with them in some manner.

DM, I feel that you are blaming victims when you state (with what knowledge I can't say) that the alleged victims took the drugs willingly. Let's say they did. If you took some sort of drug, while hanging out with BC, then woke up realize you'd been sexually assaulted by him, would you just shrug and say "well, I did accept that cold medicine/wine/joint he offered me, I guess I was asking for it" and move on?

Andrea Constand is a lesbian. She did not have an expectation of sexual contact with BC. Period. So taking the drug (cold meds?) offered to her by BC - why would she have to weigh the possibility he may in fact be drugging her to take advantage of that state of intoxication/incapacitation? That's the height of rape culture, like saying "she shouldn't have dressed that way" or "she shouldn't have been walking down that street alone late at night in that part of town".

Please, do educate yourself about rape culture. It's really easy. Just google "rape culture" and all kinds of interesting articles pop up. It seems you are conflating BC's sexual infidelity with BC's alleged rapes, as though they are both just sex. Rape is not sex. Rape is the ultimate violation. T is an exercise of power over another made helpless in some way, then taking someone sexually without consent. That's not the same as marital infidelity. If BC or his ilk did it to you, maybe you'd understand.

Back to Camille. It seems BC has a fetish for sexual contact with incapacitated women. I suspect, if my own husband had such a fetish, it might have become apparent to me over a 50+ year marriage. So as much as it pains me to consider an old wife answering personal questions about her sex life with her husband, it makes sense to me that an effort would be made to ask those questions of her. Don't blame the lawyers, blame the alleged pig of a rapist for putting his wife in this position.
CC is facing these embarrassing questions because of her husband's actions.

Finally I think CC could show some compassion for all these women who were allegedly violated by her husband and not resort to calling them liars. How does she know? Clearly she let the dog out and has no idea what he was up to.

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great post! I always look forward to your posts because they are enlightening and compassionate.

Agree. Asking Camille about her sex life will prove these ladies rape and slander cases.

I don't think so. Jmo. Another thing. How many questions did they ask her pertaining to Cosby deposition while they had his deposition in their own hands.

They may get more answers If they cut the chase with all the rhetorical questions or even questions that will clearly get her sued as well in the long run if she did know of these things which I don't think she did until just recently.

It just seems like some don't have a real chance at the civil case; So why not grill Camille for hours to see if something sticks. Idk

I don't know why it matters what Camille has to say. Clearly, BC has a thing about sex with incapacitated women.

What would it matter if she got up on the stand and either said, no, he never showed me that side of him (likely) or if she got up and said yes he really liked to try to have sex with me while I slept, etc.

What does that further? Aren't we dealing with statues of limitations, and deals made that after hush money was paid that would not be brought up in court again?

Is there a legal issue that Camille can solve by saying yep he is kinky for sure?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ss-accusers-interview-notes-article-1.2561861

[h=1]Bill Cosby lawyers file claim against New York magazine to gain access to accusers’ interview notes[/h]

I wonder if the 7 have to prove that they were assaulted before the defamation case has any merit.

Now the NY Magazine has a point about comprimising future sources for civil suits. But Cosby lawyers have a good point as well since the 7 have been named in the article which makes the confidential source moot at this point.

This will definitely be an interesting ruling. Thanks Donjeta for the update.

Very con-ve-e--ee-ni-ent....:

http://www.people.com/article/bill-cosby-bruce-castor-brian-mcmonagle-fundraiser
One of Cosby's attorneys is buddy buddies with Castor:

This is the part I find fascinating: (it will be extremely interesting how this plays out)
Constand's attorneys asked for all documents related to "campaign contributions made by you, your firm or William H. Cosby, Jr. or anyone acting on his/your behalf to any campaign involving Bruce Castor since 2005 to present;" any documents "conveyed by any means" to Castor relating to Cosby; and "all communications" between McMonagle and Castor relating to Cosby.

Judge says Cosby accusers can see case file in Constand case

Associated Press By DENISE LAVOIE
30 minutes ago

A federal judge in Philadelphia has ruled that attorneys for seven women suing Bill Cosby for defamation can see much of the case file of a lawyer for the accuser in a 2005 sexual assault lawsuit against the comedian.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/judge-says-cosby-accusers-see-case-file-constand-203349199.html

Donjeta. It seems like you want Camille to be held responsible. So what do you think she should tell us since our United States citizens have the right to remain silent. Especially to some one that is 75 years old. So WHAT Do You Want To hear Camille state. Just asking. Did she provide the hook up or drugs or plot? What.

FWIW CC is responsible for appearing for a deposition just like anybody else when ordered to do so by the court. She is responsible for answering questions truthfully because she is testifying under oath. Her counsel will be present to advise her during the process, and to make sure that her best interests (as opposed to BC's best interests) will be served. In her professional roles and influence in BC's career, she is a logical person of interest as a witness to his behaviour, his financial dealings, his travel schedules, and so on. As a deponent, CC has the right to review the complaint, the pleadings, and the answer in order to understand the substance of the litigation. In addition, she has the right to know what other witnesses and expert have said. This information can give her some understanding of the logic behind certain questions that may be asked of her. CC is, of course, free to prepare or not to prepare. I believe that if CC realizes she has made an error in an answer, she has the opportunity to make a correction which will be in the official transcript of the deposition.

If I understand it correctly, the Fifth Amendment is applicable in criminal cases. It prevents the accused from becoming a witness in his/her trial, unless the accused decides to testify. In which the protection of the Fifth Amendment is waived. So this could, I think, only be used if CC believed her answers could lead to her facing criminal charges. So, if CC did help cover up his criminal activity, for instance, and could be criminally liable, she could certainly use this constitutional protection. (This deposition is for a civil, not a criminal case.) Neither does the Massachusetts spousal privilege law apply since this is not a criminal cases, nor is it trial testimony. It is my understanding that CC is instead opting to use the Massachusetts marital disqualification law, which protects her from testifying the content of private conversations between herself and her husband. I believe CC would have discussed all her options fully with both her own legal representation and her husband's legal advisors. If she was involved in hooking the alleged victims up with BC, if she supplied the drugs, if she arranged the meeting places, if she cleaned up the evidence, if she hired middle men to deliver payoffs to buy silence from the alleged victims, if she obstructed police investigations, then she should be, IMO, wrapping herself in the constitution and refusing to answer any questions.

Camille Cosby was born March 20, 1944. Her age does not make her incapable of answering questions in a legal proceeding.

As far as I know, the curiosity of the public is the last thing that will influence the structure of the questions asked during the deposition, the motivation for the questions' designs, the manner and order in which the questions are asked, or the tone in which the questions are presented. CC is supposed to make a clear verbal response to the questions to enable the accurate recording of her answers. She is answerable to the court, not the public, for the way in which she chooses to engage with the lawyers who have requested the deposition.

CC's position as manager of BC's career during the time period in which the alleged crimes took place have made her a witness who might well have(either unknowingly or knowingly) become aware of facts which could help determine the legitimacy of assertions by BC and/or his alleged victims named in this litigation. Her age, IMO, does not make her an incompetent witness. Nor should it, IMO, be a shield to protect her from being an honest participant in this deposition.

Since the accusations began, has CC made a public appearance where she actually spoke?

while I do feel the women have a right to pursue whatever legal charges at their disposal, I must say, I do think some personal accountability is/was in order.

A mutual exploitation was in play. Clearly these women were in it for whatever they could get off BC. Money, Celebrity Dust... whatever.. Those free drinks, drugs, dinner ect... We not really "free", or given because of a pretty smile and a nice personality.

An exchange was taking place. Even if you're not too terribly street wise, most adults know this.

Heck in the seventies there was a popular bumper sticker that perfectly exemplified such mutual exploitation:

Cash, Grass or @ss. Nobody rides for free!"

Grownups know this. They just do.

(I miss the seventies!
People were more honest back-in-the-day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee