Bio-Mom Crystal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, what disgusts me is that she did not do anything to protect her children. If her allegations are true, why did she allow her babies to be with him...not just visitation but instead, the accused abuser has sole custody? And I do understand that sometimes the courts work against the abused, sometimes things happen that should not, but if that is the case, why was she not screaming from high heaven, "My kids are in danger! He is dangerous, abusive, etc.!" And doing everything in her power to get custody?

She had a responsibility to protect her children, and imo, she failed them, IF her allegations are true....and I am not saying I doubt her. I feel for her, as an abused woman, but I do take exception with her cavalier attitude, depicted on her Myspace, to her children who were in a dangerous situation.
I totally agree with your whole post.

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, when was the last time that you saw your grandchild?
MARIE GRIFFIS, GRANDMOTHER: It was two weeks ago when they got their visitation to come stay with us (INAUDIBLE) We pick them up Friday night 6:00 o'clock and we return them Sunday at 6:00 o'clock.
VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, do you live in the area or do you live out of state?
GRIFFIS: We live in Florida, but it's Baker County, Glenn St. Mary (ph), Florida. We live about an hour and 45 minutes from here.
VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, do you know of any problems in that home?
GRIFFIS: In the past, Haleigh and Junior have told us that, you know, they've been hit and stuff like that, but up to this point, everything was fine.

Uhh... okayyy... which is it, were the children being hit, or was everything fine!?!
:rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491368,00.html

MARIE GRIFFIS, GRANDMOTHER: It was two weeks ago when they got their visitation to come stay with us (INAUDIBLE) We pick them up Friday night 6:00 o'clock and we return them Sunday at 6:00 o'clock.
GRIFFIS: We live in Florida, but it's Baker County, Glenn St. Mary (ph), Florida. We live about an hour and 45 minutes from here.
GRIFFIS: In the past, Haleigh and Junior have told us that, you know, they've been hit and stuff like that, but up to this point, everything was fine.

Uhh... okayyy... which is it, were the children being hit, or was everything fine!?!

Bold is mine. That's what I want to know. I also want to know the definition of "hit". I have 2 little girls that like to embelish. I'm just sayin'...

loves Chad to death
hates to read
likes CSI..........

Oh a CSI buff, I know there's another one with the initials CA sitting in the OCJ eating her way to the fat farm, I guess trying to bulk up for Big Bertha. :crazy:

Maybe we should just all agree to stop defending any of them.

I know it might sound like I'm "defending" sometimes, but really it's more that there's so many variables here and we don't know the players, truth, etc. that I play devil's advocate with myself and everyone else. Sometimes I think I "defend" Ron because I so desperately want to believe this man loved his little girl despite his obvious "warts". That SOMEONE loved her more than life itself. I almost can't bear the thought that he didn't. I was so devastated Friday nite with GR's "tease" about his show. I thought for sure it would "prove" to me that I was wrong. But it didn't. But I have to admit, nothing would surprise me in this case, nothing at all.

As far as Crystal goes, there are times, even when she's on the "bash Ron bandwagon", and even with her checkered past, that I feel like she's not "evil" either. That she's scared and wants answers and is influenced by her mother. Because unlike the Anthony's she'll still say things like "Ron loved that little girl" and doesn't put total spin on everything she says.

The sad thing is there are thousands and thousands of at risk families out there. Look at all the people just on this board who have been abused! It's a sad, shameful reality. For every Ron and Crystal that have had their child stolen, there are thousands and thousands of parents just as bad or worse who's children won't be taken and who will suffer and grow up and perpetuate the same dysfunction. I think I defend Ron because I want to believe he's at least "trying", working, providing for his children, the best he knows how unlike some I've seen.

Sorry for the Rant! I'm just sick about this whole mess and the picture of that little girls breaks my heart.

Ron admitted he spanked the kids on their bottom for discipline, and that DCF said that was ok. Not saying i think that's right but just that the kids saying they were hit could just mean that and nothing more.

Well I am in no way defending CS coz I think what she said on GR last night was just so NOT COOL, she shouldn't have done that. But I am wondering if her stoic demeaner is not caused by some medication for depression. I know my mom takes...I can't think of the name but it is very common medication...wait Zoloft, and she told me one of the side effects of it is that she can't cry. She said even when something awful happens she just can't get that upset or cry. She hates that side effect. So I am wondering if Crystal isn't on medication like that.

She didn't do herself any favors by saying that even though RC was abusive that she left her kids there and just had to go coz she couldn't put herself through that! What??? But you can leave your kids there to go through that? Thats F'd up IMO. I don't think she had anything to do with Haleigh going missing but she has no right to cast any stones at Ron IMO either.

*snipped* She didn't do herself any favors by saying that even though RC was abusive that she left her kids there and just had to go coz she couldn't put herself through that! What??? But you can leave your kids there to go through that? Thats F'd up IMO. I don't think she had anything to do with Haleigh going missing but she has no right to cast any stones at Ron IMO either.
That part really bothered me too!! :eek:

That part really bothered me too!! :eek:

Poor Haleigh. If she is by some miracle found, who will they give her to? Her daddy? Why don't parents think before hanging their dirty laundry in the town square, about the effects on their children? moo

Crystal wants to take the gloves off and sling accusations at Ron. She better be ready to get some crap in return.

She is an admitted drug user

She lost her first two children

She has a child with a relative

She.......I could go on, and on.....but I won't

It is about Haleigh. Not Crystal or Ron.

Crystal wants to take the gloves off and sling accusations at Ron. She better be ready to get some crap in return.

She is an admitted drug user

She lost her first two children

She has a child with a relative

She.......I could go on, and on.....but I won't

It is about Haleigh. Not Crystal or Ron.

Amen to that! It just feels like there are more calling Ron out for his alledged faults. I've seen abusers too, I think most of the male sex will do it if you let them get away w/it especially verbal abuse of females. But verbal abuse does not equal physical abuse. Sorry guys, just something about the rearing of male children vs female children(JMO).

Maybe the false allegations were regarding abuse of the children?

Sure Ron's a shady character, but they all are in my book!

I "read" into this that DCF knew the situation and chose not to intervene even tho Misty was 17. And that Crystal nor DCF had initiated any "change of custody" (for what it's worth anyway)

It is against Florida law for a person 24 or older to have relations with anyone 17 or younger, but investigators said they are not looking into the issue during the search for Haleigh. Find the little girl is their priority, they said.

The policy of the state Department of Children and Families also is to look first to the welfare of the children.
“If the children are being properly cared for and are not being abused, neglected or abandoned, then no action will be taken,” said department spokesman John Harrell.

He said the department has had “involvement” with the family in the past but could not under state confidentiality laws describe that interaction. Court records do show a review of the case over the custody issue.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=2

All I can say is none of these folks look to be competent enough to have either of these children.

This was the disposition of the temp. restraining order on the domestic volence charge. It looks like it was dismissed after a hearing??

Clerk case no.: Location: FileRoom
Clerk file date: 3/13/2006 Judge:
Disposition: AFTER HEARING Disposition date: 3/23/2006
Party(s):
Plaintiff(s):

SHEFFIELD CRYSTAL D

Defendant(s):

CUMMINGS RONALD L

03/23/2006 .ORDER OF DISMISSAL OF TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION
03/22/2006 .SUMMONS RETURNED SERVED
03/13/2006 .PETITION FOR INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIO
03/13/2006 .SERVICE INFORMATION SHEET
03/13/2006 .UNIFORM CHILD CUSTODY JURISDICTION AFFIDAVIT
03/13/2006 .TEMPORARY INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLEN

http://208.75.175.18/ovationweb/search.aspx
Click on Crystal D. Sheffield

If you go to the above Baker County website, and click on the charges for her name, it looks like she also has two speeding tickets and was charged with OPERATING VEH W/ UNSAFE/DEFECTIVE EQUIP. Hope she wasn't driving the kids around with that!

In the original custody,the reason he got them,because I'm assuming they felt it would be better w/RC's Mom helping him,not the 17yo.I am not understanding why the court would go against the law and let him live w/a kid that was helping him instead of the Grandma.But,I am starting to wonder if one of his family members was so upset at the living arrangement,drug problems and alledged abuse,if they saw it,didn't take it upon themselves to take Haleigh out of there.Maybe they felt that crystal wasn't a good example either and was upset enough to just do it.

Here's another one for her and this was pretty recent.

SHEFFIELD, CRYSTAL D (4/30/1985)

Charges
DRIVING WHILE LIC SUSP OR REVOKED
Court Events
Date Event Judge Location
10/22/2008 VOP ARRAIGNMENT JOSEPH M WILLIAMS BAKER CO COURTHOUSE
07/02/2008 ARRAIGNMENT JOSEPH M WILLIAMS BAKER CO COURTHOUSE
Progress Dockets
Image Date Description
12/10/2008 ORDER OF TERMINATION OF PROBATION
10/22/2008 DEFENDANT COMPLIED WITH PROBATION
10/22/2008 CASE CLOSED
10/06/2008 PAYMENT OF $221.00 RECEIVED ON CT02
10/06/2008 PAYMENT OF $25.00 RECEIVED ON CTPPSU
10/06/2008 PAYMENT OF $50.00 RECEIVED ON COP
09/18/2008 REOPENED FOR VOP AFFIDAVIT
09/18/2008 VOP ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 10/22/2008 AT 01:00 IN CRT/1,
09/18/2008 JDG: JOSEPH M WILLIAMS
09/18/2008 NTA AFFIDAVIT VIOLATION OF PROBATION
07/02/2008 DEFENDANT ENTERED PLEA OF GUILTY CNT: 1
07/02/2008 VERDICT OF NO TRIAL CNT: 1
07/02/2008 DEFENDANT APPEARED PRES W/O ATTY FOR NO TRIAL TRIAL CNT: 1
07/02/2008 ADJUDICATED GUILTY CNT: 1
07/02/2008 ASSESSED CRIMINAL TRAFFIC 221.00 DUE 09/30/2008
07/02/2008 ASSESSED CT PARTIAL PYMT $25 SETUP 25.00 DUE 09/30/2008
07/02/2008 ASSESSED COST OF PROSECUTION GROUP 50.00 DUE 09/30/2008
07/02/2008 DEFENDANT SENTENCED AS FOLLOWS - CNT 1:
07/02/2008 ASSESSED $221.00 DUE 09/30/2008 - CNT 1
07/02/2008 REPORTING PROBATION FOR 3 MOS - CNT 1
07/02/2008 COUNTY OF SUPERVISION BAKER - CNT 1
07/02/2008 PROVIDE PROOF OF VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
07/02/2008 ENROLL IN AND SATISFACTORILY COMPLETE DWLS/R SCHOOL
07/02/2008 CASE CLOSED

http://208.75.175.18/ovationweb/search.aspx
Same website scroll down to her name/criminal (There are two but the other one was already brought up-FALSE REPORT TO LAW AUTHORITY)

If we base her driving record as basis for motherhood,many good moms would be in trouble.LOL But,she did have a major car accident and maybe that is where one of the tickets came from,pics on her myspace.

If we base her driving record as basis for motherhood,many good moms would be in trouble.LOL But,she did have a major car accident and maybe that is where one of the tickets came from,pics on her myspace.

Oh I know! LOL! Just thought I'd put the info out there since I found it! They wouldn't let me have my dogs with the way I drive! (three accidents in my driveway!)

In the original custody,the reason he got them,because I'm assuming they felt it would be better w/RC's Mom helping him,not the 17yo.I am not understanding why the court would go against the law and let him live w/a kid that was helping him instead of the Grandma.But,I am starting to wonder if one of his family members was so upset at the living arrangement,drug problems and alledged abuse,if they saw it,didn't take it upon themselves to take Haleigh out of there.Maybe they felt that crystal wasn't a good example either and was upset enough to just do it.

The article I quoted above made it "sound" like DCF knew about it and was covering their butt by implying the children were "well" enough taken care of but who knows. I honestly think the custody judge had a problem with the doctor's appointments and that's what "tipped" the scale. But who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli