Blood Aboard the "Yacht"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why would she bring a change of clothes on a boat trip? The only thing she could possibly have changed into would have been her birthday suit....and we know how the Press and LE would be dealing with that little number had it been true..... JMO

This wasn't just an afternoon sightseeing tour. DM had rented the yacht for 10 days. I'd expect any reasonable person spending more than a night somewhere to bring a change of clothes.

another option could be the girl could have been possibly enjoying her first sexual event?

I do not believe in ghosts and I never will until I actually witness or experience one....but I do believe a woman can and has left these types of period drops behind while using the toilet (sober moment and a little tipsy moment)...because I have witnessed it twice in my lifetime.....no reason for me to lie...I am a believer haha....so don't spread false info to the men out there and say for us men to trust you women....they need to be prepared if it ever happens to them!!

What I am saying is simply this: In my 48 years of being female, having 6 daughters, plus knowing females my entire 48 years... it can happen, but as a general rule, most women do not leave such messes unless there is something preventing them from either noticing it, or cleaning it up. It might have been a believable excuse to the boat owner, but it doesn't ring believable to me (as a woman) at all. Of course I could be completely wrong and that IS exactly what happened on the boat that day.

Or, DM was lying through his teeth.

What does unfounded mean? Does it mean the guy was totally lying to get his 20 minutes of fame. Or, does it mean the blood drops and not seeing the girl are not enough to investigate further. If in fact it is the latter, then I can believe how this guy knew how easy it is to get away with stuff. Are the police changing stories all the time because they know just how many times they have dropped the ball. The Harley-jack video, the LB phone calls, and now this.... unfounded!! I am surprised the boat isn't in a forensics lab being gone over like a fine tooth comb at this point knowing what they know and what they said, ( at this point anything is possible and it would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up ). Here is a guy that is charged in the death of TB, his truck is in his trailer at the mothers house, and he had a backhoe and an incinerator on his farm and they are digging deep holes. So what then, blood in the boat and not seeing the girl isn't a cause for at least a forensics team to go over the boat. ( now, if the boat is in a forensics lab then I take back what I just said )

Man, real life certainly is nothing like television!! JMO

I did see the boat guy and the opp officer's interview on the CBC news last night. Boat guy told his story, seems reliable, not making it up! The opp officer said something basically like....they would look into the matter to see if further investigating was required. Seemed reasonable and truthful to me.

If it was a few drops here and there and there was anything suspect about it and he was responsible, wouldn't he have just cleaned up?

moo

I don't believe the blood was menstrual. imo Just because it was found near a toilet, doesn't make it so.

If there was a lot of alcohol involved, you would think at some point, someone would have been sober enough to clean this up.

Ewwww, disrespectful to the owner of the yacht! imo

If she came out from a swim in the water it could be unstoppable but who would invite someone on board for repair and not clean that up?
Whether it was menstrual blood or not who would leave any drops of blood on this boat and not clean it before someone came in to clear toilet? Disgraceful and rude.

DM may not have 'seen' the blood before someone came and the perfect coverup for its presence would be menstrual. That excuse would satisfy most if it was only a few drops so they wouldn't be thinking something more sinister happened. MOO

> When Blodgett arrived, he noticed a few drops of blood on the boat and asked Millard about it.

Millard said his girlfriend was menstruating and the toilet was broken, which made sense to Blodgett.

"We're talking about drops of blood," Blodgett said. "It seemed completely reasonable."

So the little drops of blood were either on or near the toilet. Sounds pretty menstrual to me. Perhaps thats why the girl was taken back to the dock as she was feeling unwell due to menstruation and seasickness combined. makes sense.

Copied from the article itself, Mr Blodgett did not say "we're talking about drops of blood", nor did he say it was near the toilet.

When Mr. Blodgett came aboard to fix the problem, he noted a quantity of blood around the boat, which he questioned. Receiving a satisfactory answer, Mr. Blodgett fixed the problem and departed back for Little Current. During his visit, the woman was not in sight. Thinking about the encounter now, Mr. Blodgett said it was “troubling.” While tales of the encounter have grown and morphed into tales of a blood soaked boat and a missing woman, the proprietor said this is not the case, nor can he claim that the second woman on the boat did not return with Mr. Millard, as he did not see his client depart from the boat upon its return to Little Current.

In fairness to the woman if what DM said was true, there are a couple of points. There could have been some menstral blood around the boat due to release as she got out of the water. Heading quickly to the washroom, she left drops only to find the toilet broke. She went to clean-up, he called for help and she was too embarrassed to face either. As a boater, I know this could easily be possible. Not probable in this case given what we now know about DM but still possible. MOO

I do not believe in ghosts and I never will until I actually witness or experience one....but I do believe a woman can and has left these types of period drops behind while using the toilet (sober moment and a little tipsy moment)...because I have witnessed it twice in my lifetime.....no reason for me to lie...I am a believer haha....so don't spread false info to the men out there and say for us men to trust you women....they need to be prepared if it ever happens to them!!

Toilets on boats present the additional problem of movement from the waves :twocents:

What I am saying is simply this: In my 48 years of being female, having 6 daughters, plus knowing females my entire 48 years... it can happen, but as a general rule, most women do not leave such messes unless there is something preventing them from either noticing it, or cleaning it up. It might have been a believable excuse to the boat owner, but it doesn't ring believable to me (as a woman) at all. Of course I could be completely wrong and that IS exactly what happened on the boat that day.

Or, DM was lying through his teeth.

Given what we now know, my bet is DM was lying through his teeth. However, telling the person who came out to fix the toilet that it was menstrual blood gave DM the perfect cover-up. If DNA analysis was ever done, he claims it was menstrual and has a witness, which only puts that woman on board the boat but doesn't prove something like murder due to reasonable doubt.

Well why would she bring a change of clothes on a boat trip? The only thing she could possibly have changed into would have been her birthday suit....and we know how the Press and LE would be dealing with that little number had it been true..... JMO

Female and boater here so I know that answer - I always bring a change of clothes even if out for only a couple of hours. You can get quite a chill in wet clothes when the wind picks up especially when moving. Plus, you need presentable clothes if stopping to eat anywhere.

another option could be the girl could have been possibly enjoying her first sexual event?

See, that's exactly why I earlier suggested this messy girl should be interviewed on TV asap. Surely we deserve to know who she is, IMO. We need to know more about her menstrual cycle, her limited housekeeping (yachtkeeping?) skills and, IMO, whether she enjoyed what may have been her first sexual experience or if she was only faking. :angel:

Awful imagine having to explain this to a bunch of investigators years later. If it is true how embarrassing

Ok, so this was unfounded...
un·found·ed (n-foundd)
adj.
1. Not based on fact or sound evidence; groundless. See Synonyms at baseless.
2. Not yet established.

un·found·ed (n-foundd)
adj.
1. Not based on fact or sound evidence; groundless. See Synonyms at baseless.
2. Not yet established.

1. not based on fact or reality; without foundation; groundless.
2. not established; not founded.

Adj. 1. unfounded - without a basis in reason or fact; "baseless gossip"; "the allegations proved groundless"; "idle fears"; "unfounded suspicions"; "unwarranted jealousy"
baseless, groundless, idle, unwarranted, wild
unsupported - not sustained or maintained by nonmaterial aid; "unsupported accusations"

I am wondering something about the third suspect.

When MS awas arrested, police said "they" haven't located the third suspect. But that they believe the danger has subsided. I am wondering if the third suspect ( driver of the SuV) turned themselves in?

They could be offered a deal based on the fact that TB was killed in the truck and they were in a separate vehicle. They could also be the ones offering information to police about the case, ie. where to search on the farm etc.

It is just a thought.

Of course, IMO, if #3 is an OC hitman, possible brought in from elsewhere to do a particular job, there is no danger to the general public. :moo: Just sayin....

So from the definition of "unfounded" , obviously it can mean this man is not lying about what he saw, it just that there is no evidence of this ever happening.

Also, it is not a reality that menstral blood would be poured out onto the floor in huge amounts. IMO.

What does unfounded mean? Does it mean the guy was totally lying to get his 20 minutes of fame.
JMO, but I don't believe the boat owner was looking for attention. For one thing, LE responded to his call two weeks before the story was made public. So obviously, he didn't go running to the media. In fact, the original article left me with the impression that the reporter contacted him after reports of LE on the scene.
Or, does it mean the blood drops and not seeing the girl are not enough to investigate further. If in fact it is the latter, then I can believe how this guy knew how easy it is to get away with stuff. Are the police changing stories all the time because they know just how many times they have dropped the ball. The Harley-jack video, the LB phone calls, and now this.... unfounded!! I am surprised the boat isn't in a forensics lab being gone over like a fine tooth comb at this point knowing what they know and what they said, ( at this point anything is possible and it would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up ). Here is a guy that is charged in the death of TB, his truck is in his trailer at the mothers house, and he had a backhoe and an incinerator on his farm and they are digging deep holes. So what then, blood in the boat and not seeing the girl isn't a cause for at least a forensics team to go over the boat. ( now, if the boat is in a forensics lab then I take back what I just said )

Man, real life certainly is nothing like television!! JMO
The source for this information isn't specified. If it's accurate, however, LE did perform a thorough investigation.
Following his contact with police, members of the OPP attended the scene, conducted numerous interviews with Mr. Blodgett and have performed forensic testing on the vessel used by Mr. Millard. Police were also told at what anchorage the breakdown occurred.
This should also be noted:
While tales of the encounter have grown and morphed into tales of a blood soaked boat and a missing woman, the proprietor said this is not the case, nor can he claim that the second woman on the boat did not return with Mr. Millard, as he did not see his client depart from the boat upon its return to Little Current.
http://www.manitoulin.ca/2013/05/29/opp-investigates-murder-suspects-island-yacht-charter/

My take:
The man was alarmed when he saw DM on the news because he remembered him as a client. He recalled finding the blood, which he termed "troubling". Although he didn't really believe anything untoward occurred on the boat, he felt a responsibility to report the incident. LE performed an investigation, and found no evidence of a crime.

As for "changing stories", LE didn't put a spin on the story. In fact, the only variation came from the boat owner in regard to the amount of blood. The linked article reads: "a quantity of blood around the boat."

Here he says:
"When I arrived, I saw a large amount of blood around the boat," he said.
Then:
“We’re talking about drops of blood,” Blodgett said. “It seemed completely reasonable.”
And finally:
Blogett said he noticed about six to 10 drops of blood on the boat’s deck and the bathroom, but Millard gave him a reasonable explanation.
Also, he didn't specify the blood was on the toilet. I believe that was inferred from here:
When Blodgett arrived, he noticed a few drops of blood on the boat and asked Millard about it.

Millard said his girlfriend was menstruating and the toilet was broken, which made sense to Blodgett.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3241951-millard-s-bloody-yacht-rental-probed-by-opp/
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...boat_rented_by_dellan_millard_owner_says.html
http://www.cp24.com/police-probing-...over-reports-of-blood-1.1304106#ixzz2UnsOgEQy

ETA: Without going into specifics, the "broken toilet" story doesn't hold water. I suppose, as others have pointed out, being a man, the owner didn't want to probe the subject.

“The results show there are that the concerns brought forth by the owner of Discovery Yacht Charters are unfounded. This completes this investigation, under the direction of OPP Detective Inspector David Hillman of the Criminal Investigation Branch, with the assistance of the OPP Northeast Regional Crime Unit and the Manitoulin OPP.”

http://www.manitoulin.ca/2013/05/31...on-into-dellen-millards-island-trip-complete/

Maybe this thread should be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members