BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Long ago on on this very board, it was posted that the blue van was going to be Misty's as a gift. Something about Misty on the computor regarding the transfer. Does anyone else have a memory of that? Hence, Misty's worry about the scratched van.

Long ago on on this very board, it was posted that the blue van was going to be Misty's as a gift. Something about Misty on the computor regarding the transfer. Does anyone else have a memory of that? Hence, Misty's worry about the scratched van.

IMO, Misty wasn't worried about the scratched van at all. I think Misty called asking about the van because she in fact knew what happened to it and probably thought it might come to the light so she was trying to distance herself from that situation. Am I saying it right? That's like if you eat the last cookie but then ask someone else if they ate it, that would make that person assume you didn't eat it, kwim?

IMO, Misty wasn't worried about the scratched van at all. I think Misty called asking about the van because she in fact knew what happened to it and probably thought it might come to the light so she was trying to distance herself from that situation. Am I saying it right? That's like if you eat the last cookie but then ask someone else if they ate it, that would make that person assume you didn't eat it, kwim?

That call, the one Chelsea describes, convoluted as it is.....where she screws up Lindsy's name with Misty's name, and it's been explained that you have to listen carefully because obviously she couldn't have meant Misty....I've never felt Chelsea was screwing up the names. I've always believed she was forgetting to frame it as a conversation she overheard, one between Lindsy and Misty discussing her van and Misty declaring she didn't put the scratch in it and Lindsy freaking out about it because she had to take it back to Chelsea's damaged.

but that's just my belief.

Debs, IIRC, Chelsea never mentioned the name (at least on camera and the part we viewed). Once again, this is poor reporting...and poor editing. It is obvious the tape was spliced, right at the point of who Chelsea was talking to on the phone.

Now, I am confused. Is there more than one blue van in the family?

We did not get the full report, as it was edited at the crucial part. I am very disappointed in Matt Staffer's reporting. Regardless, whoever was on the other end did not want to hear about the damage being from somebody in the family. At least that is what I inferred...

LE must have lots of goodies from these interviews. The public is just getting pieces and we are left to fill in the blanks.

Chelsea was borrowing the van from Lindsy and Tommy. We hear misty drove the van though because she picked up the kids from the bus stop sometimes with it, at least that is what we were led to believe.

I wonder what vehicle Hank and Lindsey used when they loaned their family van to Chelsea and Timmy. Hank has three kids, one in school. Lindsy was in the Nursing Program and would need the van, sometimes at night with certain classes they require.

My thoughts are the van was just borrowed for the weekend. I am having a difficult time believing anything these players say.....and they are players! Chelsea is close to misty, no doubt about that, as she went with misty to fight Amber's mother. Misty sure gets a lot of people who associate with her in trouble.

Misty told WBG she was going to the hospital in the AM on Monday to visit her father. HOW? Did it happen? Not according to misty on her voice analysis. I am stuck on why WBG was calling her anyway. He said it was just a fling for the weekend, yet, he himself said he spoke with her monday. When is the question.

I do not believe that Haleigh was ever in the blue van eventhough a blanket was supposedly left in it. I believe the blue van came into play after 10p and before 2:30a.

For the longest time I was stuck on the "Blue van". Now, I don't know anymore.

Who had the van on Monday and when did they have it? When did Lisa go to the hospital. Chelsea claims she drove Lisa to Gainsville (?) in the van

Chelsea lived in Crescent City and Lisa lived with Tommy and Lindsy in Satsuma. Are we to assume there was no vehicle at the Croslins all day? Boy, that van was sure busy that day! It traveled from Crescent City to Satsuma to Gainsville. At what point could it have reached misty in Satsuma to drive and pick up Haleigh at the bus stop, and then return to Crescent City and be driven by an unknown person (according to Chelsea) and be damaged by 4:00am?

....I'm making my self dizzy..
....Now, I see why they need drugs.

What if Chelsea took Lisa early in the am. The van would have been back in time for Misty to pick up the children at the bus stop.

just a thought i had.

ETA: I am wondering if there were any other vehicles at all.

We know rc has several vehicles he could drive. One of which is a red crew pickup, one of three vehicles owned by AS. According to Player, rc did drive that truck frequently which I think is accurate. Why does AS need three cars? She just may have kept the truck in her name (like the boat) but rc had full privileges and used them as his own.

I would like to know Chelsea's addy at the time of the crime. I also would like to know the other vehicles Tommy owned. The van belonged to Lindsey, TC must have had a car also.

Funny thing about that van interview with Matt Saffer and Chelsea. It took place in Satsuma, according to him, and Chelsea did the whole interview about the van and it sure looked and sounded as if the van belonged to her. If it was parked ar TC's for the interview, why not have Lindsay talk, since she is the owner, why Chelsea? It was misleading.....but what hasn't been in this case?

I always wondered why the police confiscated the blue van. Was it because one of the blankets was left in it? Seems a little extreme for it just to be about the blanket.

I believe LE took the van because it was involved in what went down on Green Ln prior to the 911 call. My theory is that there was a fight that night that involved Ron, Hank, Jo, and possibly Timmy. Imo, LE took that van for that purpose. We found out that blood was in the van. Whose blood we don't know for sure.

LE didn't do forensics on Ron's cars, did they? If not, I wonder why?

They better have done forensics on his cars. The problem is he drives his GMA's red truck. Did they take that one? We certainly don't know much, do we? I believe LE said they took the boat for forensics.

This might be completely screwed up, but the vans [and blankets] have always confused me.

Supposedly
- Chelsea's van had been wrecked. [I didn't read this until recently and the person posting it didn't not provide links. "Tired of lazy people like you who haven't sleuthed this case." -KMABayBee]

- Mr. Croslin was in hospital for injuries sustained in an auto crash. [Old news.]

- Tommy's van [or was it Timmy's?] had deer blood all on the inside.

I wonder if Chelsea's van hit a deer on Hwy 17S [not unusual] and that's when Hank was injured. It's not uncommon; I knew a girl who got killed hitting an alligator out NE of Hastings. My piano teacher was very seriously injured when she and her husband hit a deer on 17S or 19S.

[Just throwing noodles.]

I always wondered why the police confiscated the blue van. Was it because one of the blankets was left in it? Seems a little extreme for it just to be about the blanket.

I believe LE took the van because it was involved in what went down on Green Ln prior to the 911 call. My theory is that there was a fight that night that involved Ron, Hank, Jo, and possibly Timmy. Imo, LE took that van for that purpose. We found out that blood was in the van. Whose blood we don't know for sure.

LE didn't do forensics on Ron's cars, did they? If not, I wonder why?

The white truck and the "purple" car were both behind the crime scene tape, IIRC from videos and still photos taken while the m/h was still in LE custody. [t/y storm.]

I wanted to bump this thread back up for those that might not have seen it. It is actually the second of 2 threads that we had earlier in the case involving “ the van they took”. And I apologize for the length but I have a habit of typing my thoughts out without organizing them first.

I have always been stuck on this van thing. Ever since I heard the first interview that Misty gave while her mom was sitting next to her on the couch. For those who might not have seen or heard it it’s here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

Misty was asked what happened the night Haleigh went missing and that is when she began to explain about the blankets and the van. She says “ I put her to bed, and her blanket and my blanket, my blanket was in the van that they took so we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that and her blanket because it smelled like pee. “ I always thought that when Misty said “they” she was referring to Law Enforcement. But looking back now and bearing in mind some of the things we have learned in the past few months, I am wondering if Misty’s “they” meant her family. I remember that Misty claimed that her brother and his two sons were over around 5 pm playing outside with Haleigh. Is it possible he was there to pick up the blue van?

We know that Chelsea and Timmy had a a vehicle that was involved in a wreck 2 days before Haleigh goes missing. It was reported that Chelsea started using the “family van” after the wreck. Chelsea goes into detail about driving to Gainsville to drop off her mother in law Lisa C at the hospital to see Hank SR, so did she send Timmy or Tommy over to get the van around 5 and this is the “THEY” that Misty was referring to taking the van, or did Law Enforcement already have it impounded by the time Misty gave that first on camera interview? I seem to remember that there were 2 vans, The blue van, and Lyndsy and Tommy’s van. ( does anyone else remember this cause I could be going a little nuts) Remember that when Tommy was arrested at the bus stop it was reported that he was slumped over in a van.
Link: http://www.artharris.com/2009/11/05/exclusive-busted-again-misty-bro-tommy-croslin-not-talking/

Snip ~According to a police report obtained by The Bald Truth, sheriff’s deputies found Tommy passed out in the front seat of the family’s blue min-van on Tyler Street and Buffalo Bluff Road, in Satsuma, Thursday at 8:56 a.m.~ end

I posted the video of Chelsea on the new van thread, in the video she tells how she has only had the van back for a few days and the date of the interview was 3/18/09. Also in the video it tells that the van was impounded after investigators found out about a phone call from Misty later on in the evening that Haleigh went missing. I know that there is some speculation as to whether or not it was Misty or Lyndsy who called Chelsea to ask about the scratch, so I went looking for another source that might have other information
And found this : http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

Snip~After a few hours, another sign the van was tampered with appeared. “The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van. I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van. ~ end

Why all the crying about the van between these two? Haleigh is missing and they are worried about a scratched van? Something doesn’t seem right to me. Where were Cousin Joe, Timmy and Tommy Croslin that night and how soon were they questioned?

When I first heard the interview I took it as if Misty was talking about the cousin that came over earlier that evening as of whom took the blue van. I also wondered if that cousin came back over to pick Misty up in the van as well.
Then we learn about Tommy coming over to check on Misty the night Haleigh went missing per Ron's request-speculation for now, then I assumed he came over to pick Misty up and they took off with the kids to some other party location and that is why the blanket was left in the van...this is all just my assumption from the bits and pieces that we know about.

Now, LE did take the van after for processing and they released it by the time Tommy C. was found slumped over a blue van on/around Nov. 5, 2009 . I think it was released the weekend of 3/19/2009. So, I had assumed that the van Tommy was found in, was the same van that LE took in and released.

Below are a few other articles about the van.

Van Seized in Haleigh Case Returned
Posted By: Jessica Clark Updated: 3/19/2009 4:20:57 PM

"Snip"
PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- A van that investigators seized in the search for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case has been returned.

Misty Croslin Cummings' sister-in-law now has her mini-van back.
According to Lisa Croslin, her daughter-in-law noticed a scratch along the side of the van the night of day after Haleigh disappeared.

Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the technicians at the FDLE lab did not find any information on the van that is linked to the Haliegh Cummings' case.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=134179&catid=3

Brother of Misty Croslin arrested on drug charges in Putnam County, he was found slumped over in the front seat of a van near a school bus stop
"Snip"By Dana Treen Story updated at 8:30 PM on Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009
He told deputies he had dropped his son off at 8 a.m. and taken a nap because he was sleepy, according to a police report.

Deputies found methadone, hydrocodone and other narcotics in the van during a search just before 9 a.m. Thursday.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c..._putnam_county

There was also an article and video on cbs47 but for some reason the links don't work anymore. I had saved them with the article mainly because this article stated that LE would not comment on what was found in the van if anything. Where in the other article it's reported that nothing was found and the van had been released back. Here is part of what the article stated. Sorry the links don't work, not sure how to find the article again...I tried and had no luck.

"Snip" Old cbs47 article/video
All police would say about the van being impounded is that it was taken to the FDLE’s crime lab in Jacksonville, analyzed, then released. They would not comment on any specifics of what was searched or if anything was found in the van.
Chelsea Croslin believes the only explanation is that at some point during the night Haleigh was taken, the family member staying with her took the van.
Chelsea Croslin said the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member was staying with them. She says around 4 a.m., when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home, she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it.
“I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.”
Search For Haleigh-"Evidence Released": VIDEO
http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/loc...com&navCatId=5

Article:http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...4ZPyUJb7g.cspx

So, if i am following you right, then there maybe be a another van owned by the Croslins, that might be blue in color?

I am not sure if i read that right, i am going to get more coffee :)

So, if i am following you right, then there maybe be a another van owned by the Croslins, that might be blue in color?

I am not sure if i read that right, i am going to get more coffee :)

I have not read anywhere that there is another van, maybe I missed it though.
Now, I do recall reading that the van that was taken in for testing was released before Tommy was found in "a" van on/around Nov. 5, 2009. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c..._putnam_county

LE did take the blue van for processing and they released it the weekend of 3/19/2009. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...134179&catid=3

I had assumed that the van Tommy was found in, was the same van that LE took in and released.

I have not read anywhere that there is another van, maybe I missed it though.
Now, I do recall reading that the van that was taken in for testing was released before Tommy was found in "a" van on/around Nov. 5, 2009. http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/c..._putnam_county

LE did take the blue van for processing and they released it the weekend of 3/19/2009. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...134179&catid=3

I had assumed that the van Tommy was found in, was the same van that LE took in and released.

Told ya i needed more coffee...lol. Got it. Thanks for explaining that :)

IIRC, Lindsy had a silver mini-van in her drive-way in some of the photos and Chelsea had the light blue mini-van. (I think.)

Sorry I don't have a link. I did try to find my old post re: this, but can't find it on this thread.

The white truck and the "purple" car were both behind the crime scene tape, IIRC from videos and still photos taken while the m/h was still in LE custody. [t/y storm.]
I recall seeing the Altima but not the truck.

Didn't rc receive that :Only Gid can judge me" truck close to the wedding?

I realize he had anothe white truck but I don't think it was running. He used GMA's vehicle frequently, a poster here had told us.

I was going to post this in the Timmy and Chelsea thread, but figured it would belong here. Take note: Chelsea makes a statement saying that Misty called her regarding her van. Misty's van?

Friday, 27 Mar 2009, Video Report/Chelsea speaks regarding the van http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/031809_haleigh_van_questions

We now know the van was driven by Chelsea. My question is who had it for the weekend and :waitasec:why would Misty call her and ask her if she put the scratch on the van? Chelsea clearly says, Misty called the evening of Feb 10th and asked her if she put the scratch in her van. As in, Misty's van.:waitasec:

The links for this article/video no longer work for what ever reason.
Search For Haleigh-"Evidence Released": VIDEO
http://www.cbs47.com/mediacenter/loc...com&navCatId=5

Article:http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...4ZPyUJb7g.cspx
New Details About Evidence In The Haleigh Cummings Investigation

March 18, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The light blue vehicle doesn’t look like anything out of the ordinary, but it was something investigators thought important enough to impound and analyze at their crime lab for weeks.

The woman who drives that van is Chelsea Croslin. Chelsea said the family got the van back just before the weekend.
“They put a lot of tape on it, and there was a lot of white powder on the windows, I guess that’s just to check things,” said Chelsea.

“We all started thinking about what could have happened that night…I realized the van was in a different spot.”

Chelsea Croslin said the night Haleigh disappeared, a family member (Joe), was staying with them. She says around 4 a.m., when Misty called them to tell them Haleigh was missing, they went outside to the van to drive to Haleigh’s home. Chelsea said she immediately noticed the van was not in the same spot she left it.

“I know I don’t park like that, and I was the last to drive the van.”
After a few hours, another sign the van was tampered with appeared.

“The day Haleigh went missing, everyone was looking for her…she (Misty) called me later that night and said 'Chelsea, please tell me you’re the one who put the scratch in my van.' I started crying and told her there’s no way I put the scratch in her van," said Chelsea.

A scratch leading from just behind the driver’s side door handle to the back tire is very visible. Chelsea said that scratch was not there the last time she drove it.

“The scratch---it runs all the way down the van. That’s something someone would know if you’re riding against something and steadily scratching it.”

Chelsea believes the only explanation is that at some point during the night Haleigh was taken, the family member (Joe) staying with her took the van.

“I’m not accusing anybody…it’s just me being a mom and believing what I believe and piecing things together. I almost feel like I might know who it is,” said Chelsea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back