BLUE VAN:Investigation**REVISITED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We don't know that he even said that in front of her, that was probably added once they put the story/video together. We don't even see the question he asked her or what she is responding to when she makes the comment about the van.

IMO It is about as clear as mud, who she was talking about, because of the reporter's voice over, but I'm pretty sure that the "she" is Lindsy and not Misty.

ALSO - Keep in mind that Matt Safer is one of Ronald and Teresa's biggest supporters. He is also the "reporter" who had the Thanksgiving, Christmas, and first post-arrest interview w/Mz. Nevez.

JMO - TJH ain't the only person who needs to be worrying about their job.

Sooo..... Chelsea & Timmy are moving to Cape Cod - where neither she nor Timmy have relatives, as far as I'm concerned, and probably no jobs either - and yet they had enough $$$ to donate their mini-van to the family commune. ???

<sorry, nothing personal, E-U-R, ain't buying that tune.>

As far as that 8-day estate sale. Nobody does that kind of $hit.

MAYBE if it was one or more households of decedents - in which case it is conducted by a business that specializes in this type of sale. (yes, we have one of those in Putnam]

MAYBE if they had a whole $heit-load of stuff like you'd find in a 12,000 sq. ft. home, they'd have one on consecutive weekends, but NOT 8 days in a row.

Plus, I did check - there was no ad in the PennySaver nor the PDN classifieds for "Yard Sale/Estate Sale/Garage Sale" for the reported dates.

<sorry, GER, I don't know what the deal is. I don't doubt YOU, and I don't know how they happened to have that sign up when you went by there, but it just don't add up. At least not to what I, and they, should know about having a yard sale.>

PLUS - they'd get a whole lot more shoppers IN PALATKA [where Chelsea and Timmy lived] vs. having it in the Hermit's Cove area, imo.

Not trying to make anybody mad, or feel attacked, I just don't understand any of this; it makes NO SENSE to me.

well i am from mass and chelsea who seems to be the only one with half a brain absolutely does have relatives up here and she is originally from here she is not a floridian by nature so if she was selling all her stuff she most likely would do it that way up here people always have yard sales and never need to do any advertising you just throw a sign in the front yard and if everything doesn't sell you just haul it out to the curb and wait for the free hunters to take it away for you...
i don't know what sort of conspiracy about the sign you have but i totally disagree also when ratgate happened lisa made the statement i believe to le that she had all the grand babies living in the house also chelsea and timmy are known to house hop dating back for years and you can verify that for yourself by checking various family members myspaces i would bet the farm on the sale being legit
i could verify all of this with ms links but if i remember right you guys frown on those soooooo i don't know follow the myspace trail yourself and see what conclusion you come to
\

well i am from mass and chelsea who seems to be the only one with half a brain absolutely does have relatives up here and she is originally from here she is not a floridian by nature so if she was selling all her stuff she most likely would do it that way up here people always have yard sales and never need to do any advertising you just throw a sign in the front yard and if everything doesn't sell you just haul it out to the curb and wait for the free hunters to take it away for you...
i don't know what sort of conspiracy about the sign you have but i totally disagree also when ratgate happened lisa made the statement i believe to le that she had all the grand babies living in the house also chelsea and timmy are known to house hop dating back for years and you can verify that for yourself by checking various family members myspaces i would bet the farm on the sale being legit
i could verify all of this with ms links but if i remember right you guys frown on those soooooo i don't know follow the myspace trail yourself and see what conclusion you come to
\

You're sure she's from Massachusetts? 100% ?

ETA - You don't do a yard or estate sale down here like that unless you only want your neighbors [and there aren't too many in Hermit's Cove] shopping at your yardsale. It's hardly on The Beaten Path.

ETA - You don't do a yard or estate sale down here like that unless you only want your neighbors [and there aren't too many in Hermit's Cove] shopping at your yardsale. It's hardly on The Beaten Path.
i could give you all past addresses of her parents but i don't think i can even say their names so yes amongst other places i am 100% she was from mass

The issue of the van is an aspect of this case that I have not looked at very closely. I don't know much about the van but what I seem to remember confuses me and I would like to ask a few questions.

-Is there more than 1 van? I know there is a dark blue van that stayed parked at 116 Tyler as late as last August(?) when Ger took some pictures of the front of the residence.

-Is this the van with the damage or scratch?

-IIRC, Cousin Joe was staying with Timmy in the Crescent City area. How is he being tied into this van as possibly having driven it?

-Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Misty allegedly seeing the van parked differently the next morning(?) and saying something to the effect of "Please tell me you parked the van like that" and noting the damage.

-Who's van was she talking about? If the van is the dark blue van from Tommy's house, why is Cousin Joe being tied to that van? Wasn't he doing his sleeping at Timmy's house?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand this.

1. no, there is 1 van, the blue one in Ger's picture in front of the Tyler St. home of T and L. When this case first broke and the ms pages were still public I recall looking at Lindsy's page. She had a picture of her van on it with the caption below it (paraphrasing here) stating that she is an old lady now with 3 kids and a mini-van-I took it to be a joke because Lindsy is not old at all!

2.yes

3. Joe was implicated to have driven the van when no one else who had access to it stated they did not do the damage, the keys were moved and it was parked odd. Also, as you stated Joe was staying with Timmy and Chelsea in CC-I think you kind of answered your own question there! Joe could have possibly driven it because he was at Timmy and Chelsea's where the van was.

4. Chelsea stated that the van was parked differently in the Matt Safer video that when she went to get in the van to go to Satsuma after the call about Haleigh missing she noticed it was parked in an odd way-it was not parked the way she parked it the night before. As far as the "Please tell me..." it was Lindsy calling Chelsea soon after the van was back on Tyler and she noticed the damage. Lindsy called Chelsea and asked her "Please tell me you put a scratch on my van?" or something similar to that. I think you got the two confused which is not hard to do!

5. Misty was not talking about any van-Matt Safer royally screwed up the report. Lindsy's van was at Timmy and Chelsea's home in CC, where Joe was staying. That is why he is being connected to the van. Timmy and Chelsea's car was totaled by a drunk driver the weekend before Haleigh went missing. That is also when Hank Sr. hurt his knee/leg. Lindsy had school Monday evening and Lisa wanted to go to the hospital and stay so Chelsea took her to Gainesville Monday evening. That is how I understand the scenario.

I'm with you Maven, 1 van belonging to Lindsy and Tommy, Chelsea borrowed it, Joe could have used it without asking to do who knows what.

About 6-8 months ago I went searching for a video where Matt Safer was interviewing Lindsy at her home on Tyler. She had on scrubs. They were discussing the van. I think Matt Safer got all mixed up. It is clear to me Lindsy called Chelsea and asked her about the damage, not Misty. Does anyone honestly think Misty would have her own vehicle when she has no job to pay for the expenses on it and allegedly did not have a license?
I searched and searched for that video and it is no longer out there.

Lindsy had the sale in August after the incident with Ron in Welaka.
Lindsy and Tommy were going to move to Mass. but Tommy got arrested for the burglary of the gun that belonged to MM so they didn't move. Chelsea and Timmy moved to Mass. before that, in July I do believe, shortly after Chelsea had their baby. I believe at the time Lindsy had the sale Hank Sr. and Lisa were in TN with Lisa's family. Remember when there was much buzz about why were the Croslin's all leaving FL?
She was arrested in TN for theft of the checks that were MM's and she was eventually brought back to Putnam Co. If I remember right Hank Sr. came back before her.

eta-Remember when Matt Safer reported that Misty's bond had been lowered to $500,000?
He was the only one who reported it so I e-mailed him and asked for proof. Here is his response:

If you call the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office and ask for the clerk of the courts, they can direct you to the felony department...a person there was able to check in the system and confirm that her bond was reduced to 500K.

We all know that what he reported was wrong and I strongly believe his report on the van is wrong!

Thanks Twall. I appreciate the time you took with your response to my questions. Like a lot of the rest of this case, it's another instance of misinformation. This reporter, Matt S., just got removed from my Pulitzer prize nomination form, LOL.

After reading your response, I'm forced to agree with Maven...."It's about as clear as mud".

This is O/T..

Where is Lflorida? Do we have any other florida residents on here?

Can ya'll do something about the weather down there, I can't get any tomatoes up here in Kentucky! :furious:

(j/k)

We need to follow that van. It did some serious mileage that day. It seemed to be in posession of Chelsea most of day. Where and when did it get into misty's hands and how did it get returned to Daytona Beach.

....Never found any addy of Chelsea or Timmy residing in Crescent City. If anyone has an addy of them living there, please post it.

Matt Saffer is not much different than any other reporter. One has to be careful and look for the edits. This happens constantly. I remember when the facts had to be verified before they went to press. Those days are gone forever.

I think the van video was edited. Oh, how I wish they would play the entire video. Art Harris and he must have some juicy information.

There is a copy and paste in the stickies from Chelsea's myspace at the beginning of this case.

It says:

hometown-Cape Cod (which is in Mass.)
birthplace-Falmouth, Mass

There is no doubt in my mind that she is from Mass. and has relatives there now.
Her current myspace page says the name of the town she lives in now. I wonder how she met Timmy?

Maybe we can get Lindsy to join us and she can clear up the van fiasco!
Lindsy if you read here please join us and clear up the van mess and where Timmy and Chelsea were living on Feb. 9, 2009.

There is a copy and paste in the stickies from Chelsea's myspace at the beginning of this case.

It says:

There is no doubt in my mind that she is from Mass. and has relatives there now.
Her current myspace page says the name of the town she lives in now. I wonder how she met Timmy?

Lindsy if you read here please join us and clear up the van mess and where Timmy and Chelsea were living on Feb. 9, 2009.

not sure how she got to florida but she has an older brother that still lives in daytona if you are on her ms friends list and can view er friends then his initials are DB first name rhymes with fan and last name is not the same as chelseas maiden name.. sorry so vague but you guys have a lot more rules here then the forum i am used to also in her pics there is a blue house with a yard and garage with the caption my house! dated 2007

It says:

well lindsy has no car as of now as she posted a comment on joe o's sister kristy's ms about needing one

Reminder time:

Please do not ask people to PM you on the forum and please do not offer any personal information on the forum. The PMing makes some members feel they are out of the loop when they read posts like that. The personal information is because although we can't guarantee your anonymity, we do our best to protect you.

Also, we do not talk about the Frightened Monkeys forum. Ever.

Thanks! :blowkiss:

in my opinion it was chelsea who owned the van... it would not have been released except to the legit owner and that is why she was the one talking about it and the part about her talking about please tell me you put the scratch in my van was just chelsea screwing up the pronouns ( i think that is the wrong term but she went from saying it verbatim to narrating if that makes any sense) and it is very common for le to hold all things until they can't anymore... like what if they found haleighs body and there was an imprint from the hatchback or doorhandle or any other random car part... they always keep stuff until the last possible minute... you could get your stuff back sooner if you have a lawyer etc but these people would not have known any of that... i know a guy who was accused by a family member of robbing a local small bank.. he had money stored under his floor boards it was not the money from the bank robbery but it took him almost 2 years to get it back from the cops and that was even with a lawyer

Sorry just reading the new posts since I last signed on, the blue van WAS NOT Chelsea's van. Chelsea and Timmy had just bought a used car which Hank Croslin SR was driving while hit by a drunk driver. She borrowed the van from Lyndsey and Tommy, This is the same blue van that Tommy Croslin was passed out in at the bus-stop....see here:

news article http://www.staugustine.com/stories/110609/news_2153223.shtml

police report: http://jacksonville.com/files/2009-9839.pdf

snip from narrative: ~Upon my arrival, I witnessed a white male lying on the front seat of a blue van (FL Tag# B877GJ). Rescue
personnel had arrived on scene at the same time, and made contact with the individual. Rescue personnel woke
the individual up, and began speaking with him to determine if he was having a medical emergency. While
Rescue was speaking with the man, later identified as Hank Croslin Jr, I walked to the passenger side of the
vehicle. Through the open passenger side window, I saw a prescription pill bottle, and a small sandwich bag
containing several blue pills. ~ end

Among the pills found, ROXIES( seems ToC knows exactly where to go to get these imo)...Of course Hank Croslin SR asked to see the drugs they found in the van because the day before some his had come up missing. Anyway, this blue van is the property of ToC and Lyndsey, not Chelsea, IMVHO

Reminder time:

Please do not ask people to PM you on the forum and please do not offer any personal information on the forum. The PMing makes some members feel they are out of the loop when they read posts like that. The personal information is because although we can't guarantee your anonymity, we do our best to protect you.

k didn't know that and i will probably post a few other things that are no nos so just let me know what i am doing wrong

Sorry just reading the new posts since I last signed on, the blue van WAS NOT Chelsea's van. Chelsea and Timmy had just bought a used car which Hank Croslin SR was driving while hit by a drunk driver. She borrowed the van from Lyndsey and Tommy, This is the same blue van that Tommy Croslin was passed out in at the bus-stop....see here:

news article http://www.staugustine.com/stories/110609/news_2153223.shtml

police report: http://jacksonville.com/files/2009-9839.pdf

snip from narrative: ~Upon my arrival, I witnessed a white male lying on the front seat of a blue van (FL Tag# B877GJ). Rescue
personnel had arrived on scene at the same time, and made contact with the individual. Rescue personnel woke
the individual up, and began speaking with him to determine if he was having a medical emergency. While
Rescue was speaking with the man, later identified as Hank Croslin Jr, I walked to the passenger side of the
vehicle. Through the open passenger side window, I saw a prescription pill bottle, and a small sandwich bag
containing several blue pills. ~ end

Among the pills found, ROXIES( seems ToC knows exactly where to go to get these imo)...Of course Hank Croslin SR asked to see the drugs they found in the van because the day before some his had come up missing. Anyway, this blue van is the property of ToC and Lyndsey, not Chelsea, IMVHO

do you know what state timmy and chelsea were married in? just saw wedding pics from 2006 and they are driving a blue mini van and it is an outdoor wedding and it seems to be mass landscaping as opposed to florida also it seems it is all her family there who are from mass... i do not deny that there was a lot of van swapping but can't someone search excise records or something for the van and what the hell happened to it anyways i agree it was the van tommy was found in but tat does not mean he was the owner of it also in every single pic on chelseas profile that shows them in a car and there are at least 50 of them especially around fall of 2008 they are always in the blue van... since we have the license plate number someone crafty has got to be able to figure out legit ownership as a fact

Reminder time:

can we post myspace links of family members... a long time ago when i used to post here topgunner said i could but i think another mod said no so what is the official ruling on that? to be more speciffic i would like to post chelsea's adult brother of florida's myspace who is good friends with timmy and could possibly be how they met

Per TC's arrest report the van belonged to Lindsey.

Deputies Christina Bridxxx and Lisa-Marie Ledxxxxxx arrived on-scene, and Deputy Bridxxx assisted me with
identifying the prescription pills in the bag. The prescription pill bottle contained several different types of
prescription pills, and a piece of a drinking straw that appeared to have some form of powder residue on it. Due
to the presence of illegal narcotics, an inventory was performed of the van, which was registered to Hank Jr's
wife, Lindsy Croslin.
A small baggie was located in the cup holder of the van, which contained a white powder
residue. The residue was field tested for cocaine, and tested negative.

http://culfwww.jacksonville.com/files/2009-9839.pdf

just read the full police report of tommy slumped over... they found vikes, percs, methadone, xanax, and muscle relaxers... it was in fact registered to lindsy kate croslin and released to her
the van is a 2002 plymouth voyager lic#B877GJ vin#1C4GJ25382B731714

full police report regarding the slumped over junkie in van
http://culfwww.jacksonville.com/files/2009-9839.pdf

IIRC....The Mass. sighting of Haleigh in a Wal-Mart was months before these witnesses reported it to LE. Once they later realized Timmy was living on Cape Cod...Did they report it after the fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back