Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he is just a grieving dad who has access to money to keep his daughter on life support and give her a few more months because she is young and he believes she will recover.

I feel saddness for BB.

Or maybe he is just a grieving dad who has access to money to keep his daughter on life support and give her a few more months because she is young and he believes she will recover.

I feel saddness for BB.

The above wasn't my opinion about BB but only a media report ;)

Personal, I completely agree with his decision to keep his daughter on life support as long as there is any kind of hope.

IMO BK isn't brain dead. She has diminished brain function and suffered seizures after she was briefly taken out of her medically induced coma - so her brain shows activity even if only minimal.

That's enough for a grieving but loving dad for not give up hope.

And I too feel sadness for BB.

Of course he's in the picture. He's her Dad.

No matter what strains are on relationships of parents and their children, there is almost always a deep love there.

Nobody can convince me that BB does not love his daughter with his whole heart and soul. Or that BKB does not love her Dad with her whole heart and soul.

JMO.

I don't often agree with your posts KimberlyD, but this one I absolutely do. Thanks for saying this.

The above wasn't my opinion about BB but only a media report ;)

Personal, I completely agree with his decision to keep his daughter on life support as long as there is any kind of hope.

IMO BK isn't brain dead. She has diminished brain function and suffered seizures after she was briefly taken out of her medically induced coma - so her brain shows activity even if only minimal.

That's enough for a grieving but loving dad for not give up hope.

And I too feel sadness for BB.

Don't worry, I know you were reporting.

I actually think he needs to withdraw life support, but while I don't agree with his decision to keep her on, I haev empathy for why he is doing it. (And I don't think he is doing it to prevent money from transferring)...

A closer look reveals that these 3 "engagement rings" are different.
This one has a rectangle shape and is from 2012 when their engagement was announced and is likely WH's ring.
View attachment 71164

This is the "engagement ring" from the 2013 engagement announcement. It looks different than the ring above and is paired with the butterfly ring.
View attachment 71165

This one is from Jan 2014 and it looks smaller and has a square shape. This was the pic she posted when they announced they were married. So perhaps they got a new ring because of the flack they received over the fact that NG did not actually buy her a ring. But i have no doubt that BK financed this purchase as NG has never held a real job in his life.
View attachment 71162

The pic below is to just give a closer look at the 2014 ring.

Bumping my own post to show the different "engagement" rings and when they appeared. The 2012 engagement ring is WH's ring. BK even said that in the "On Our Own" reality show when she shows off her mom's ring and then says that it is also her "engagement ring".

The pic of the 2013 ring is from a Daily Mail article and that is not a clear pic of it but it seems a different shape than the 2012 ring.

Finally, the 2014 is clearly not the ring of 2012 or 2013.

I caught the tail end of Dr. drew, and he ended with, "it seems she is getting 'special treatment'," which I took to mean life support decisions are not being handled in a manner that us regulars folks would be experiencing.

But what is that special treatment is? If she has any shred of brain activity, then family can decide whether to keep her on life support or not.
Since she was not legally married, father is her next of kin. It seems he doesn't want to turn off life support no matter what.
She might not qualify as brain dead, that doesn't mean she is ever going to recover, if she has severe brain damage but some sort of activity remaining.

No matter what strains are on relationships of parents and their children, there is almost always a deep love there.

Nobody can convince me that BB does not love his daughter with his whole heart and soul. Or that BKB does not love her Dad with her whole heart and soul.

JMO.

I would not say there is always a deep love there because a quick search on this site will prove that wrong.. ;)

But in this case. I do believe that BB is just grieving and hoping and hanging on for any hope that she may come out of this.

The special treatment Dr. Drew is referring to is the special treatment the family is receiving, not BK. IMO it was a slight jab at the family and meant an ordinary family would have had to decide by now whether to withdraw support or move her to another facility. They may also be receiving special treatment as far as visits are concerned and the staff accomodating the visitors. BB has had time to work through denial now and I am concluding he intends to keep her on life support as long as her body will allow it. I am surprised anyone can conclude he is a loving father considering his past history. I think the only other news we are waiting for is the announcement of her transfer to skilled nursing care. $20,000,000 is a lot of money and I think he wants to go for it. Who knows if they have some kind of evidence to charge NG with anything. The people who were there that morning aren't talking (probably at the request of LE).

If BB genuinely holds out hope or cannot bring himself NOT to continue to hope, and BK's inheritance is there to pay for her receiving the best quality care, then why shouldn't BB decide to continue thus? Until BB, Bk's next of kin, decides she is gone, she has the money available for him to give her more time to recover.

While I believe BK will not recover, it is not my decision. And the person making it has the funds of the PATIENT to pay for the best care. I cannot see how that makes BB anything but a dad, using every means at his disposal to give her a chance to come back to him.

I would not say there is always a deep love there because a quick search on this site will prove that wrong.. ;)

But in this case. I do believe that BB is just grieving and hoping and hanging on for any hope that she may come out of this.

I said ALMOST always. I've been around the sleuthing block long enough to know there are quite a few exceptions.

JMO.

Why does anyone sign a do not resuscitate form?
My family member had aggressive cancer that spread like a wild fire. When the person realizes there is no cure or possible outcome other than eminent death, why would they want to prolong their pain and suffering? So there's zero desire to be resuscitated.
This was just in regards to your post and doesn't involve BK's case IMO.
[OT: I have DNR even though I'm middle aged and healthy. There's several parts of the forms. In my case I chose DNR for brain death, PVstate, etc. I would maybe come back and haunt someone if I could've died peacefully and they brought me back even once:tantrum:]
:moo:

DH and I watched a wonderful movie on Monday night that we hadn't seen previously. I'm not a George Clooney fan, but The Descendants was poignant and well-acted. The sensitive story revolves around a comatose wife/mother and the family's decision to let her go (remove life support) per her wishes. While the plot is fictional, the film is worthwhile for anyone who has followed the real-life cases of Bobbi Kristina and Jahi McMath. The Descendants will air a few times this weekend on POP network. Check your local listings.

The special treatment Dr. Drew is referring to is the special treatment the family is receiving, not BK. IMO it was a slight jab at the family and meant an ordinary family would have had to decide by now whether to withdraw support or move her to another facility. They may also be receiving special treatment as far as visits are concerned and the staff accomodating the visitors. BB has had time to work through denial now and I am concluding he intends to keep her on life support as long as her body will allow it. I am surprised anyone can conclude he is a loving father considering his past history. I think the only other news we are waiting for is the announcement of her transfer to skilled nursing care. $20,000,000 is a lot of money and I think he wants to go for it. Who knows if they have some kind of evidence to charge NG with anything. The people who were there that morning aren't talking (probably at the request of LE).

Under the terms of her mother's Will, Bobbi Kristina has only received a portion of the Estate. Future disbursements are to be made at age 25 and at age 30 when BK would receive the remainder of her mother's assets. I don't know what percentage of the $20,000,000 BK received at the time of her mother's death, but there are reports that NG spent a lot of the money on cars and gifts. BK might have been freely spending, as well. Who knows how much of the original disbursement is currently available for Bobbi Kristina's care... But, once the money is gone, I don't think BB will automatically get the next percentage that was to paid to BK at age 25. Whitney's family would likely challenge any disbursement that violates the terms of the Trust.

Whitney’s Last Will and Testament

Attorney Bruce H. Gaynes, of Georgia-based Kitchens Kelley Gaynes, P.C., has reviewed a copy of Houston’s will and explained its parameters. Drafted about 20 years ago, the will named Bobbi Kristina sole heir to the estate. But instead of inheriting Houston’s fortune all at once, the will stipulated that Bobbi Kristina would receive the money in a series of payments over nine years: 10 percent at age 21, a 30 percent distribution at 25 and the remainder at age 30.

Bobbi Kristina, therefore, has only received the first payment in the distribution plan. Houston’s will stipulates that “if Bobbi Kristina were to die unmarried, without children of her own and had left no will and testament of her own, the estate would be divided among Whitney’s living relatives,” Gaynes explained.

Those relatives are listed as Whitney’s mother Emily “Cissy” Houston, and her brothers Michael and Gary, according to Gaynes. Whitney’s father John is listed as well, but he died in 2003.

“Robert Brown is also listed,” Gaynes said of Bobbi Kristina’s father Bobby Brown, “but their divorce … would nullify his claim to the estate.” ...

http://www.thewrap.com/whitney-hous...rown-may-leave-behind-and-who-stands-to-gain/

So under the terms of the will, they would pull the plug on BK rather than release the money necessary for her care, let her die, and give the Houston's the money? I doubt that. My daughter had a trust inheritance and received two disbursements for medical expenses at the discretion of the executor (or trustee, not sure of the term) before she was to receive the bulk of the estate.

the will clearly states that funds left to BK are in teh control and at the discretion of the trustee (who is Pat Houston) however, there is also specific language that the funds may and should be used for large expenditures such as education, medical care, purchase of a home, etc.

So it seems to me that while Pat doesn't HAVE to authorize payments for ongoing medical treatment, it is clear that WH's wishes were that such expenditures were her intent on setting things up this way.

Pat would look like one cold hearted B if she denied payment for ongoing care and I think her very role as trustee could be challenged in court should she do so. Which is why I feel she is treading lightly and hoping BB will reach the decision on his own rather than trying to force it via a lack of funds for the ongoing care. JMO

I feel saddness for BB.

Or maybe he feels tremendous guilt that he and WH introduced BK to drugs in the first place.

the will clearly states that funds left to BK are in teh control and at the discretion of the trustee (who is Pat Houston) however, there is also specific language that the funds may and should be used for large expenditures such as education, medical care, purchase of a home, etc.

So it seems to me that while Pat doesn't HAVE to authorize payments for ongoing medical treatment, it is clear that WH's wishes were that such expenditures were her intent on setting things up this way.

Pat would look like one cold hearted B if she denied payment for ongoing care and I think her very role as trustee could be challenged in court should she do so. Which is why I feel she is treading lightly and hoping BB will reach the decision on his own rather than trying to force it via a lack of funds for the ongoing care. JMO

If disbursing additional funds for Bobbi Kristina's continued care becomes necessary, I think Pat Houston would have medical experts offer opinions regarding the feasibility of ongoing treatment for someone in BK's condition. I hope it doesn't end up in a major court battle while BK fights for her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez