Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to admit that as a parent, I think it might be worth a shot for Bobby to allow NG in to see BK. I think she's probably beyond hope, but if it were me, I would allow NG one visit, supervised, with strict conditions, to see if his presence elicits any type of response from BK.

I have to admit that as a parent, I think it might be worth a shot for Bobby to allow NG in to see BK. I think she's probably beyond hope, but if it were me, I would allow NG one visit, supervised, with strict conditions, to see if his presence elicits any type of response from BK.

There were conditions set for Nick to visit Bobbi Kristina. He failed to comply and was denied the opportunity to see BK in the hospital. From what's been reported about Bobbi Kristina's medical condition, I doubt she's cognizant of who is visiting or what is going on around her. :moo:

I just feel for this family. NG seems to be a "Clingon Stage 5" as my daughters would say. His behavior seems selfish, attention seeking, grandiose: all consistent with addiction. I wish he would leave this family alone and get himself set straight and sober. IMOO

I just feel for this family. NG seems to be a "Clingon Stage 5" as my daughters would say. His behavior seems selfish, attention seeking, grandiose: all consistent with addiction. I wish he would leave this family alone and get himself set straight and sober. IMOO

May I add get a job? :angel:

stage 5 cling-on

A girlfriend (or boyfriend) who won't leave you alone. He or she constantly has to know what, when, how, and with who you are doing anything and everything. He or she constantly calls you and wants you in his/her sights 24 hours of every day. This term could also apply to an obsessive admirer.

:floorlaugh:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stage+5+cling-on

Nick Gordon did not 'meet terms' to visit Bobbi Kristina Brown, her father says

By Faith Karimi, CNN

Updated 12:31 AM ET, Mon February 23, 2015

..."Let me be very clear, Mr. Gordon was offered an opportunity to potentially visit Bobbi Kristina and he declined to meet the terms of any possible visit," R&B singer Bobby Brown said in a statement through his lawyers.

"Obviously Mr. Gordon is not as desperate to visit Bobbi Kristina as he wants the world to believe." ...

..."Due to Mr. Gordon's failure to place in tangible form his understanding of the events that lead to the hospitalization of Bobbi Kristina, there is no reason for any additional discussion with him," attorney Christopher Brown said in a statement...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/22/us/bobbi-kristina-hospitalized/

How did I miss that?! Thanks for the info. I agree that it most likely wouldn't make any difference but I think as a parent it would be one of those "I should try everything" thoughts. But NG's true colors are shining brightly as he continues to direct the attention to himself. A man who truly loved her would be sleeping on the ground outside the hospital begging to do anything Bobby said in order to see her.

I have such a fear of being aware and yet trapped in a body that appears unresponsive, that I told all my loved ones to disregard my previous living will which states that I did not want to be kept alive by artificial means.

Instead I told them "Do NOT unplug me!"

I have not changed my loving will, and I am (somewhat) joking about hanging on. I know the likelihood of meaningful life and also the cost of life support when hope is gone...but I did have an awful "buried alive" sort of panic just thinking about this...

Poor Bobbi. I used to live in Atlanta and was so sad for her over the shenanigans of her parents, especially in court. She never had a chance, sadly.

Bobbi Kristina Brown Update: Family 'All Cried Out' As Her Condition Remains Unchanged

Two months after Bobbi Kristina Brown was found unresponsive in her bathtub at her home in Roswell, Georgia on Jan. 31, her condition remains unchanged. However, the Brown family has reportedly “all cried out” and members are now getting along with other.
"It's quiet and peaceful," a family source told the People magazine, adding: "The family has brought some things from home for her. Not much – just a few things, like a blanket and some pictures."

The shock of the incident has reportedly worn off for the family, but it still hopes that Bobbi Kristina will get better.

the article also goes on to state what facility she is at. not sure if that had been posted yet.

http://www.ibtimes.com/bobbi-kristi...d-out-her-condition-remains-unchanged-1873516

Bobby Brown Going Back on Tour, But Not By Choice

Bobby Brown is leaving his daughter Bobbi Kristina's bedside to go back on the road overseas, but if he had things his way ... he'd be cancelling the whole trip.

According to our sources, Brown is scheduled to play three shows in Australia with Treach and Kay Gee of Naughty By Nature at the end of May -- and, for obvious reasons, he is in no mood to go.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/09/bobby...stina-hospital-cancelled-shows/#ixzz3WqCsOZtU

A mother who gave birth while in a coma is showing signs of improvement, her friends said

Giles suffered severe head trauma, and doctors gave less than a 10 percent chance of full recovery.

"The doctors were telling us there was nothing else they could do," said Beverly Giles, 49, of Madisonville, Tennessee, told ABC News. "They already gave up hope. We never gave up. She's fought this hard."

http://abc7.com/health/woman-who-gave-birth-while-in-coma-opens-eyes/644286/

Is it a doctor's job to "give hope" or is it their job to truthfully, and to the best of their knowledge, to present the medical condition to the family? I don't understand this woman's need to take a swipe at the doctors.

Health care providers see cases where there is eventually some slight "improvement" such as eye opening. Hand clenching can be from involuntary muscular spasms. If it is voluntary, that becomes known very quickly and can be used to facilitate communication. It does not sound like that is the case here.

It is upsetting and very sad for the healthcare providers in these situations also. But they must maintain their professionalism if they are to remain effective providers of care. There is very sophisticated testing available nowadays that measures brain function. The doctors know what they are looking at. The family, in most cases, does not.

Bobbi Kristina isn't brain dead because she would be issued a death certificate dated the day she was declared brain dead and no other facility would take her, the law would require she be removed from life support and then buried/cremated.

Bobbi Kristina isn't brain dead because she would be issued a death certificate dated the day she was declared brain dead and no other facility would take her, the law would require she be removed from life support and then buried/cremated.

How do you know?

The facility listed in the above article that BK was moved to is DeKalb Long Term Acute Care.

http://www.dekalbmedical.org/downtown-decatur/about-us

It's important to understand that LTAC is NOT the same thing as a long term care facility, or nursing home. It is an intermediate level of care between an acute care traditional hospital, and home or nursing home. Typically, patients have to be capable of participating in rehab activities for at least a few hours a day, and admissions are usually less than 60 days, in this kind of facility.

We have had several family members admitted to LTAC hospitals, and our family members were there less than 30 days. There was a constant emphasis on increasing rehab hours in therapy, preparing for the "next" transfer, and whether that would be home, or a long term care facility. These facilities are truly aggressively rehab focused, and are not custodial care facilities.

My FIL was in a trauma ICU for 45 days, 30 days LTAC, and then moved to a Veteran's Hospital long term care unit.

This is a puzzling type of facility for BK to be transferred to, because there is no indication BK can participate in ventilator weaning, etc. She has never sounded like a candidate for LTAC. I'm inclined to think a special exception was made for Bobbi Brown to admit BK to this kind of facility. It could also be that there are very few ventilator beds available in long term care/ nursing homes in the area, and she has to wait for a bed. IDK. I sure think she will exceed their typical 20-30 day admission statistics. Now that they have her there, I'd guess it will be months before they make another move to a long term care facility. But this is definitely not the kind of facility that someone "in a medically induced coma", completely unconscious, and ventilator dependent, would be admitted to.

Our Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) specializes in the treatment of medically complex, catastrophically injured or critically ill patients who require a longer hospital stay than at a traditional acute care facility, and who require specialized, expert care and rehabilitation. Our unique expertise allows patients to recover without strict time limits— typically 20 to 30 days.

A few more links:

http://www.medicare.gov/coverage/long-term-care-hospitals.html

http://www.aha.org/advocacy-issues/postacute/ltach/index.shtml

Long-term care hospitals (LTCHs) furnish extended medical and rehabilitative care to individuals with clinically complex problems, such as multiple acute or chronic conditions, that need hospital-level care for relatively extended periods. To qualify as an LTCH for Medicare payment, a facility must meet Medicare's conditions of participation for acute care hospitals and have an average inpatient length of stay greater than 25 days. Medicare recognized 436 LTCHs in 2011.

BBM.

Another thought--if she is still on multiple drips for suppression of seizure activity, it's possible she does not meet criteria for admission to traditional ventilator bed in a long term care facility. They typically don't have the ability for that level of complex monitoring and care, or staff expertise, to run those kind of drips and monitors for months on end.

One more link I meant to add earlier-- fact sheets on long term acute care hospitals:

http://www.aha.org/content/15/fs-ltch.pdf (note the average length of stay is 26.8 days)

Since LTCH patients are typically far sicker, their average length of stay is much longer: 26.8 days for LTCHs, 5.1 days for general acute hospitals, and 6.8 days for ICUs in general acute hospitals.

I have to agree. she is not going to wake up. She is not in a coma. She is brain dead. I wish people could read and understand the difference. :doh:

I don't believe she will ever wake up or improve, either. Early on, I definitely believed she was brain dead, but now it's obvious she has some function that has left her in a PVS. Articles indicate every time they attempt to lighten up the "coma" drugs, she goes into status epilepticus (continuous seizure activity). So I don't think she meets criteria (yet) for brain death. But I also don't think she will ever improve, and I'm doubtful they can get her off the drugs suppressing seizure activity, without her becoming brain dead in the process. Terrible catch-22. IMO.

Admin Note:

I removed a series of posts linking other medical cases in an attempt to compare them to Bobbi Kristina's current medical condition. We're not going there. No two cases are exactly alike and will only lead to controversial interpretations and arguments about the same. The TOPIC of this thread - Bobbi Kristina Brown. What is relevant is her personal condition and treatment thereof.

Keep it on the rails here, folks.

Thanks!

BB will have to go on with life. A job, a wife, children and a new baby on the way. Now BK just will lay there, pray she has great people watching over her.
This could be he ultimate demise, without dad there to check up on things. Security and all. JMOO
From real experience when you are down and can't do anything the sharks take over.............

Like KZ mentions, its always possible BK will lose PVS status at some point and decline into brain death. She hasn't been declared brain dead yet and we know this because no one has withdrawn her life support.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back