Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Admin Note:

I removed a series of posts linking other medical cases in an attempt to compare them to Bobbi Kristina's current medical condition. We're not going there. No two cases are exactly alike and will only lead to controversial interpretations and arguments about the same. The TOPIC of this thread - Bobbi Kristina Brown. What is relevant is her personal condition and treatment thereof.

Keep it on the rails here, folks.

Thanks!

My apologizes Beach. I was just sharing some happy news with others. I was not making comparison, just trying to uplift spirits. MOO.

Bobby Brown Going Back on Tour, But Not By Choice

Bobby Brown is leaving his daughter Bobbi Kristina's bedside to go back on the road overseas, but if he had things his way ... he'd be cancelling the whole trip.

According to our sources, Brown is scheduled to play three shows in Australia with Treach and Kay Gee of Naughty By Nature at the end of May -- and, for obvious reasons, he is in no mood to go.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/09/bobby...stina-hospital-cancelled-shows/#ixzz3WqCsOZtU

I hope BB plans to leave a medical power of attorney with a family member, to make decisions for BK while he is out of the country? If he doesn't do that, a "family blow up" could happen all over again.

The Australian tour in the article is end of May, according to the article-- make up for missed contractual concerts in March. And end of May will be about 7-8 weeks since BK was admitted to the LTAC facility. From what I know about these facilities, they will be "antsy" to be working on the plan for transfer to the next level of care by then. The discharge coordinators are really, really (really!!) persistent at the 30 day mark. If BK has made no significant progress in 30 days, there will be a strong push by the entire team to move her to another level of care. These facilities are definitely not set up for long term custodial care, and do not have 1:1 staffing ratios.

Hopefully, BB has thought ahead to what his preferences are for the next level of care, whether that is transfer of BK to someplace nearer to his home in California, or a local facility in Georgia or the east coast. They are wealthy people, and could even probably afford to set up a home care mini-icu type situation to care for her. That actually may be their best option, if her level of care remains complex, with heavy duty drips, monitors, etc.

I think it's pretty clear she won't be off the ventilator in the next few weeks. She's been unconscious and vent dependent since January-- hopefully that is sinking in for BB. I really hope BB is not in avoidance mode, waiting to make decisions until after the Australia thing. It's admirable that they are trying an intensive rehab facility-- but there has to be some level of consciousness on the part of the patient for that to be a realistic option for rehab and improvement.

I'm concerned about BB's marriage- thinking about his pregnant wife. She must be one tough woman: of course, we all endure what we have to. (She is pregnant, right?)

I was pretty surprised to find out BB is only 46. (I thought he was closer to 60.) His health may not be the best-- the BBQ sauce comments about making "low sodium for people like us" seems to be a reference to the high rate of heart disease and hypertension among AA's.

I agree, he's under a lot of stress, and seems to be overwhelmed.

For K_Z or other Medical Professionals - Is is possible for BK to be flown to CA in her condition? Since CA is where BB, wife, child, and the newborn baby will live, it makes much more sense to put BK in a facility out there. She would be close to him and he would have more control over her security personally.

On that note, the best possible situation would be if no one knew where she was. It is only a matter of time until NG will be a factor to deal with again. I can't imagine him staying in the program for the complete duration. IMO.

For K_Z or other Medical Professionals - Is is possible for BK to be flown to CA in her condition? Since CA is where BB, wife, child, and the newborn baby will live, it makes much more sense to put BK in a facility out there. She would be close to him and he would have more control over her security personally.

On that note, the best possible situation would be if no one knew where she was. It is only a matter of time until NG will be a factor to deal with again. I can't imagine him staying in the program for the complete duration. IMO.

This is a major concern with Bobby Brown out of the country. If/When Nick Gordon gets wind of BB's absence, it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to gain access to Bobbi Kristina. I hope BK has 24-security staff stationed outside her room so no one sees her without authorization.

is she still alive?

Yes. She has been transferred from a hoapital to a rehab facility (which is a bit confusing). That may be until they can step to a long range vent facility somewhere or to a home setting.

BBM.

Certainly, transport is no problem at all, given enough $$-- she can be transported anywhere the family wants her to be. There are commercial medical air transport services, like the one I linked below, that can move a patient of pretty much any complexity (who is relatively stable) anywhere there is an appropriate runway to receive the plane. Typically, one also has to arrange private ambulance transport to the flight line on the sending end, and from the flight line to wherever the patient is going, on the receiving end.

My airevac experience is in doing military medevac, long haul/ international, in military transport planes. To go from east coast to west coast in the U.S. very likely would require a "gas stop" for these smaller jets. I'm not positive, but I doubt they could get from Atlanta to, say, Los Angeles, without a stop for gas in these small jets, but maybe they could. I think it depends on weather, projected flight path, etc.

I don't think BK has any conditions that have been publicized that would require a cabin altitude restriction. Things like pneumothorax and retinal detachments require cabin altitude restrictions, which require the pilot to fly lower, slower, and use more fuel, to keep cabin altitude lower, or at sea level. When I was flying, our cabin altitude was about 6500 to 8000 feet, with an outside altitude of about 33,000+. At that altitude, as on commercial flights, things like a potato chip bag will appear overly inflated. The same thing happens with things like the air filled cuffs on medical equipment, like endotracheal tubes, or tracheostomy tubes-- easy to remedy by temporarily filling the balloons with saline. Liquids are not compressible, nor do they expand at altitude. (Except for carbonated beverages when you open them!) For the same reason, small air pockets in a lung, for instance, that cause no significant problems on the ground, can expand and collapse the whole lobe or whole lung unless they are ventilated with a chest tube.

Anyway, with enough money, and a little planning with sending and receiving facilities, and arranging ground transport, ventilator patients can be moved relatively easily. I'm not entirely sure of the costs, but I think a cross country move for a patient of her complexity would only be about $20- 30K, which this family can easily afford if they choose. (But don't hold me to that price quote-- I could be waaay off-- especially with the more expensive and bigger Learjets!)

http://www.angelmedflight.com/

Thank you K_Z! You always give answers that explain the situation so clearly.

Bobby Brown on daughter: 'I'm giving it to God' Includes video from HLN show 4/13/15

By Dr. Drew staff

updated 7:22 AM EDT, Tue April 14, 2015

•Bobby Brown broke his silence about his daughter
•Bobbi Kristina has been in a coma for 73 days

On Saturday, Bobby Brown made his first public appearance since his daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was hospitalized. The 22-year-old was found unresponsive and face down in a bath tub on January 31, and has remained in a coma for 73 days...

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/04/13/bobby-brown-bobbi-kristina-coma-status

'Bobbi is awake!' Bobby Brown tells audience at Dallas performance that his daughter is 'watching me'

The singer was performing at the Verizon Theatre in Dallas on Saturday

Told the stunned audience that 'Bobbi is awake. She's watching me'

Didn't elaborate on if his daughter had regained consciousness or if he was talking instead about her spirit

Bobbi Kristina has been in a medically induced coma since January

He is reportedly at odds with the family of his deceased ex-wife Whiteny Houston over how long to keep his daughter on life support

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mance-daughter-watching-me.html#ixzz3XnBMWcJI

I will be shocked if she really was awake and was watching his show somehow. Relieved and thrilled, but shocked.

JMOO, IF BKB was 'awake' I think everyone including BB would be flying in to her bedside...................NOT happening.............
I feel that BB 'feels' his daughter's spirit life I with him.......JMOO

JMOO, IF BKB was 'awake' I think everyone including BB would be flying in to her bedside...................NOT happening.............
I feel that BB 'feels' his daughter's spirit life I with him.......JMOO

I agree. Wouldn't BB be sitting right at her bedside if she had awoken?

'Bobbi is awake!' Bobby Brown tells audience at Dallas performance that his daughter is 'watching me'

The singer was performing at the Verizon Theatre in Dallas on Saturday

Told the stunned audience that 'Bobbi is awake. She's watching me'

Didn't elaborate on if his daughter had regained consciousness or if he was talking instead about her spirit

Bobbi Kristina has been in a medically induced coma since January

He is reportedly at odds with the family of his deceased ex-wife Whiteny Houston over how long to keep his daughter on life support

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mance-daughter-watching-me.html#ixzz3XnBMWcJI

Does this statement make any sense? At all?

"Despite his daughter remaining in a medically induced coma since she was found unresponsive in a bathtub at her Atlanta home in January, singer Bobby Brown told an audience on Saturday night that she is 'awake.'

After roughly three months of being in a coma, Bobbi Kristina Brown is awake and no longer on life support.
Her aunt Tina Brown took to Facebook to share the extremely happy news, writing, "So many messages,sorry can't answer them all right now but I will get to them later..just allow me this time with my family,,yes,she woke up and is no longer on life support!!!!!:):)God is good!!thanks for your prayers,,still a process,but she is going to be ok:):):):)." http://www.eonline.com/news/647992/bobbi-kristina-brown-is-no-longer-on-life-support

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back