Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi couldn't believe that the killers family took all of her belongings and put them in a tool shed. :boohoo:

That family is so disconnected... but why?? Had they reached their breaking point with her?

Let's see...and this is just a little part of the little bit we do know: she beat her little brother with a baseball bat and the babysitter knew to never allow the killer to be alone with a sibling; she abused and maybe killed family pets; she was completely out of control by the age of 14; she lied about her family to that one actual friend she seems to have made in her entire life ; she mocked her sister, corrected her mother's grammar, instructed her mother about anything she felt she more about--which was everything, grew pot in her parents house, quit school to shack up with a boy because she didn't want her parents telling her what to do.

The cause of constant endless painful family drama.

And after moving to Palm Springs? Telling her parents they couldn't visit because she didn't trust them to stay out of her stuff, "borrowing" huge amounts of money from parents and grandparents, calling her mother and screaming at her, kicking her...ETC.

Not to mention later still, draining her family financially before and during the looooong trials, opening the entire family up to public scrutiny and not least of all....does anyone think a single person in her family thinks she's innocent in any way? I'm willing to bet they all know she's a psychopathic killer and want little to nothing more to do with her.

At least he acknowledges the widespread public sentiment towards ALV.

How about this:

Because she came across as a bottom-of-the-barrel representative of her field, biased and willing to use her credentials in support of a despicable act by one human being against another for no other reason than the perpetrator was female and the victim male.

:Bennymonkey::Bennymonkey::Bennymonkey::Bennymonkey:

I liked when he said "I can't believe that I have not received a thank-you card from Ms. Arias or her family for saving her life.".... Umm, I believe an alleged "rouge" juror did that, or maybe he did have a part in it. :thinking:

I liked when he said "I can't believe that I have not received a thank-you card from Ms. Arias or her family for saving her life.".... Umm, I believe an alleged "rouge" juror did that, or maybe he did have a part of it. :thinking:
"or getting her safely caged."

Re: Deanna Reid.

He tells us that according to the Hughes, DR "was the love of Mr. Alexander's life but she was not attractive enough for Mr. Alexander to marry." She was essentially TA's "back up plan and I am not sure why she was okay with this."

They (defense team) wanted to meet with her and it took a while for her to agree. They showed up unannounced at her house and her father let them in. He sat around chitchatting with the defense team and DR walked it. "That may not sound appropriate to you but this is not an uncommon technique for investigators on both sides of the fence..." He says DR was very cautious and wasn't looking for an opportunity to bash T.

KN says they had an email that TA had written to the one of the Hughes "in which he talked about ruining her or words to that effect. We now had a better idea of who he was and had enough evidence from which to assume she had a sexual relationship with Mr. Alexander." According to KN, "ruining her" = they had sex.

He says that his former co-counsel asked questions of DR with such tact that DR later used that as her "excuse for not admitting that she had sexual relations with Mr. Alexander." KN says it is clear to him that DR "had told a great deal of untruths to keep Mr. Alexander's secrets during his lifetime and that she certainly was not going to stop doing so now after he was killed. In defense of Ms. Reid, she was not the only woman to cover for Mr. Alexander in this way but she seemingly was the one who had done it for the longest time and the one who had the most to loss as she had the most secrets about Mr. Alexander, secrets that she needed to keep because they would likely harm her reputation and/or status in the Moron community as well."

One gets the sense that KN did not like DR that much. He did seem to like Mimi, Leslie Udy, and Desiree (Freeman?) and her brother. Lucky them.

Sky Hughes made her belief perfectly clear in both emails and in texts that Travis ultimately didn't marry Deanna because he was terrified of committing to a real relationship.

Nurmi is out of his mind if he expects readers to trust him enough to believe what he's saying the Hughes said about anything, based on a few lines he's cherry picked and taken out of context-AGAIN.

Talk about gall.

JM said if MM comes to court he will charge him with perjury faster than his feet could hit the floor.

ElleElle , I remember when Nurmi was released. After the sentencing. Judge Stevens released him. I thought Amen!
:seeya:

He dismisses all of that (after spending pages discussing it), because she would have killed him the second she walked in the door. Not waited several hours. According to him, of course. One can drive a truck through the holes in this theory.

Just because he has a one-dimensional, simplistic view of a complex, sick mind doesn't mean he's right.

I'd be more interested in reading her response.

Though if it was by way of explanation, it makes sense.

Just got home from Church and tuned back in and was surprised to see so many new posts. Happy Happy Day:happydance:
I think Nurmi best be careful sending a letter to the killer, she may include it in her appeal. LOL My attorney once told me, it's one thing to say things and another thing to write them down. The written word lives a long time, the spoken word can be forgotten and misremembered. LOL

Just got home from Church and tuned back in and was surprised to see so many new posts. Happy Happy Day:happydance:
I think Nurmi best be careful sending a letter to the killer, she may include it in her appeal. LOL My attorney once told me, it's one thing to say things and another thing to write them down. The written word lives a long time, the spoken word can be forgotten and misremembered. LOL

Then Nurmis got three volumes of worry.

I haven't read it, but it sounds like he is his own audience.
I really believe KN hates Arias. Hes probably thrilled that she will spend the rest of her life in prison. I also believe he hopes the jodi bashing will appeal to the JM audience. Thats where the real money would come from if we ran out to buy his book.

When I opted to not keep paying every month, before I could sign out, I had to give a reason!!! I called P-yP-l and told them to stop my monthly payment, why and that it is extremely difficult to find how to 'unjoin'. PP stopped payment and then I again contacted the site and said no more money after a date. I left because I was fed up with the felon, but the site was not nice. I am used to 'nice' and nice people here on WS....I will stay here read and discuss.

Hello MsJosie, Are you saying I have to contact p-yp-l to unjoin? I only signed up for one month at a time, I didn't know I would have to unjoin in some fashion. That is a rip off. I guess I better do it now before the 30 days runs out. Thanks for the tip

I really believe KN hates Arias. Hes probably thrilled that she will spend the rest of her life in prison. I also believe he hopes the jodi bashing will appeal to the JM audience. Thats where the real money would come from if we ran out to buy his book.

He has plenty of vitriol for Arias, and even for her family (I wonder how that fits into Beth's Apologetics), and plenty left over to go around. The only one he clearly likes is himself, and even that's misplaced, imo.

So before the trial started this is what KN thought happened. He does say that what he thought then and what he thought after two trials differed greatly so to be clear, this is what he thought before trial #1 started.

"...they did not have sex until they woke up early that afternoon. It is my belief that it was during this afternoon sex session that the nude photos of the two were taken. I also believed, without any physical evidence to support it, that they had a second sex session just before Mr. Alexander got into the shower. Why do I believe this? Because given the sexual appetite Mr. Alexander showed towards Ms. Arias it made sense to me that he would want to have sex again before she left. Certainly, the ultimate question is what happened after Mr. Alexander was in the shower. I believed that Ms. Arias went to say goodbye to Mr. Alexander and I believed that when she did so he made it obvious to her that he wanted her out of the house before anyone saw her. I believed that Mr. Alexander made it obvious to her that they were done having sex, so they were done hanging out. I believed Ms. Arias felt used by Mr. Alexander. I believed that she felt as if she blew her chances with Ryan Burns over this tryst and she had simply had enough. I believed she felt like this toxic relationship would haunt her for life if she did not put a stop to it. In my mind, she decided then and there, during a fit of rage, to put an end to this relationship."

He closes this chapter: "Is my thinking fool proof? No. In fact, I have another theory I will share in my final book that I believe is as close to fool proof as it gets. However, I think when you put aside whatever emotion you may have about the case and consider what I have said this theory makes a lot of sense."

Where in this scenario does she take the shower pictures? When he's shooing her out the door? She came to say goodbye while he's in the shower and just for the heck of it whipped out her camera, and then a knife and gun? It doesn't sound like he thought out the crime anymore than he did a practical defense.

Re: Deanna Reid.

He tells us that according to the Hughes, DR "was the love of Mr. Alexander's life but she was not attractive enough for Mr. Alexander to marry." She was essentially TA's "back up plan and I am not sure why she was okay with this."

They (defense team) wanted to meet with her and it took a while for her to agree. They showed up unannounced at her house and her father let them in. He sat around chitchatting with the defense team and DR walked it. "That may not sound appropriate to you but this is not an uncommon technique for investigators on both sides of the fence..." He says DR was very cautious and wasn't looking for an opportunity to bash T.

KN says they had an email that TA had written to the one of the Hughes "in which he talked about ruining her or words to that effect. We now had a better idea of who he was and had enough evidence from which to assume she had a sexual relationship with Mr. Alexander." According to KN, "ruining her" = they had sex.

He says that his former co-counsel asked questions of DR with such tact that DR later used that as her "excuse for not admitting that she had sexual relations with Mr. Alexander." KN says it is clear to him that DR "had told a great deal of untruths to keep Mr. Alexander's secrets during his lifetime and that she certainly was not going to stop doing so now after he was killed. In defense of Ms. Reid, she was not the only woman to cover for Mr. Alexander in this way but she seemingly was the one who had done it for the longest time and the one who had the most to loss as she had the most secrets about Mr. Alexander, secrets that she needed to keep because they would likely harm her reputation and/or status in the Moron community as well."
One gets the sense that KN did not like DR that much. He did seem to like Mimi, Leslie Udy, and Desiree (Freeman?) and her brother. Lucky them.

Re BBM - I realize that was just a typo but it made me literally LOL.

This really starting to turn into a Nurmi bashing thread. I know alot of you don't like him, but I think it's good to attack personally because he was her defence attorney. It is his job to defend the worst of the worst. We all know he did not like JA, and as much as he's not my favourite, at least he is not BSing when he says he did not like her nor her family.

Oh jeez. That was me. :blushing:

That was very funny. I did want to thank you for all of your efforts to give us insight into his book, it's greatly appreciated. :)

P.S. Same to C.A. and others posting quotes, snippets and portions, very nice thing you're all doing.

Chapter 35 : Using this commercial as my backdrop dealing with Miss Arias in terms of what she can do to your brain would go beyond merely placing my brain into the frying pan. The reality I experienced was much worse than that. I would describe the experience more like this. Take the egg but do not crack it, smash that egg into the pan, shell and all. Now the egg cannot just sit there and fry as that would not be enough to encapsulate the effect. Instead, to fully get a visual of what Miss Arias did to my brain you would have to find some fecal matter, throw it into the pan, add a chopped up dead rat and scramble the whole mess up. Once completely cooked this concoction with then approximate the affect Ms Arias would have on my brain.

This is the only topic on which I can feel sorry for Nurmi. I really do think he was traumatized by at least the middle of the first trial. The only way he could protect himself IMO was to be separated from Jodi, and the only way he could get away with doing that even a little bit was to sit aside in his man-hole barco-lounger defense chair and to dissociate. I'll swear he was dissociated:he just had that checked-out-but-there look. He could do objections on auto-pilot (hey, just object to everything) if his sole purpose was to end-run an appeal. And he could create the great fog of computer gobbledygook (or maybe that was JW) without even having to understand what those pseudo-geeks were saying. And the rest of it? Hey, let Jodi run the show with Dwarf #6 (aka J.W.Dopey) and Dwarf #8 (M.D.L.R.Unscrupulous)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephNTexas