Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overcharging? So he doesn't think she premeditated the slaughter?

Or overcharging as in, if JM could just have overlooked the fact she committed a crime the law deems DP eligible and had understood how slimy I was willing to get, then this could have been settled without JM making me get slimy?

And I'm confused about whether or not he's saying he believes T was a pedophile. Does he?

Jodi has to be behind this drivel. All this time, she's wanted to re-try the guilt phase of her trial(s). And I bet by having KN go out once more to beat the bushes, she's expecting money to drop in her lap from "all" those fans of her. Even if she hates him. Since sessions with her attorneys are her only form of private conversations in prison, this is probably all she has to work with. Does anyone know if KN is back on her attorney list?
She must be out of commissary funds....

In fact, she luuurved KN not liking her "nine days out of ten." She even laughs as though indulgently. So, I'm sure she has no problem with him hating on her in a book.

She laughed not because she thought it was funny, IMO, but because she was surprised he said it or because he had told her he would say something like that and to restrain herself from looking vicious and evil when he did.

Something like that, because she complained bitterly about it afterwards, including in her 12 page fire-Nurmi letter.

I think she cares a great big huge amount that he's trashing every last thing about her, and she's powerless to respond. She's the one trapped now, hahahaha.

And I think she cares the same amount or more that Nurmi seems to trying to cut off her fan- funds. Less money in commissary. He knows what matters most to her.

I was puzzled at first that he expressed his strongest revulsion about listening to her scam Donovan ("the word monster came to mind."). Instead of so many other possibilities, why that?

Maybe because he's trying to make ( the reachable of) her fans see she is scamming & manipulating them and loving it.

I'm confused. If she was a homicide detective, she wasn't a female friend, let alone her only one. What about Donoman, and uh, that other girl who backed out of testifying at the last minute? She may have befriended her, but that's different. Did Jodi truly consider her, in her desperation, a true friend? And why did the dream team want to take a swipe at her? I don't get it.

From what I can make out, during the trial KN asked Jodi about "your friend Rachel Blaney's advice". He was using the name of the Yreka detective who was Flores' foil in JA's interrogation. Bwahahaha! Jodi had to correct him and put him on to the Rachel that kicked her out of the Mesa apartment when she eloped.

Whoops. Found another tweeter-reader. Says-

1. There was more animal abuse by killer than we know about

2. He didn't call Matt to the stand because of the pedo letters (made that one easy to figure out).

3. He presented the ninja story to a (focus?) group of undergrads --not one person believed it.

4. He spoke to the PPL guy she said had seen her bruises. The PPL guy basically said...huh?

5. He listened to her calls to Donovan . Says it unnerved him how easily the killer could manipulate her. That the word "monster" came to mind.

6. He couldn't put Sandy on the stand about having seen bruises on the killer "because she is a poor liar. ". (Pink....did he really say that??)

I'm not sure about #1 but the rest are all right on (there is mention of her abusing animals but no specifics so I don't know if it is more than what we have heard prior). I cannot remember if the quote in 6 is an exact quote but he basically did say that Sandy was full of you know what and that it was blatantly obvious she was lying.

I'm not sure about #1 but the rest are all right on (there is mention of her abusing animals but no specifics so I don't know if it is more than what we have heard prior). I cannot remember if the quote in 6 is an exact quote but he basically did say that Sandy was full of you know what and that it was blatantly obvious she was lying.

Thanks. There's a big difference between not being able to put her on the stand because she's a bad liar (but it would be ok to suborn perjury if she only lied better) and not being able to put her on the stand because she obviously was lying when she said she saw the bruises (and so it would be impermissible to suborn perjury by putting her on the stand).

I'm thinking the latter must be what he meant.

ETA- Pink, a tweeter said the killer "wailed like a baby" etc. to try to stop Nurmi from filing some motions. Does Nurmi explain why she didn't want him to? And/or specify which motions?

How do you 1/2 premeditate a murder? I guess Nurmis legal mind is too profound for the common man.

Try looking at it in terms of a dress shirt that is a 60/40 cotton/poly blend. Though the cotton itself is 100%, it's really only about half of the shirt. :D

Same thing with McDonald's burgers that are 100% pure beef. And some filler. :D

Or this:

[video=youtube;ZuCiB9EnjZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuCiB9EnjZU[/video]

Thanks. There's a big difference between not being able to put her on the stand because she's a bad liar (but it would be ok to suborn perjury if she only lied better) and not being able to put her on the stand because she obviously was lying when she said she saw the bruises (and so it would be impermissible to suborn perjury by putting her on the stand).

I'm thinking the latter must be what he meant.

Here is a quote about Sandy and the bruising.

"I had several reasons for keeping her off the stand but the biggest was that she was so clearly lying about this issue, lying so poorly that it would have been laughable under other circumstances. ... Sandy Arias was more than willing to lie for her daughter, the only shock came when she did it so poorly on the day she tried to convince me that she saw bruising on Ms. Arias' arms."

There are then almost two pages describing the day Sandy came to see him to tell about the bruising.

Then it continues: "I asked Sandy if she had ever seen bruising on Ms. Arias' arms. First thing I found funny about this is that I had to ask, the second thing was that when I asked Sandy it was like a thought bubble went on above her head reading 'oh yeah, I forgot to tell him about seeing bruises, Jodi wanted me to tell him that.' Anyway, when I asked her if she saw bruises she said yes. I asked her to describe where on Jodi's arms was this bruising visible? Sandy could 'not remember.' When did she see these bruises? Sandy could 'not remember.' I asked Sandy a few more questions of a similar nature that she also could not answer. Her inability to answer these basic questions, questions that any mother should be able to answer if they saw bruising on their child, along with her body language when I was asking them made it very clear to me that she was not being truthful."

He then tells us that we may want to know why he would follow up with this if he knew a mother would lie for a child. He lectures us (one of many such examples) that if he didn't it could be grounds for a new trial.

In fact, she luuurved KN not liking her "nine days out of ten." She even laughs as though indulgently. So, I'm sure she has no problem with him hating on her in a book.

At the time, I thought it was prearranged; the defense already knew the jury hated her, and they had to give them something to relate to, and her laughing along with it would be self-deprecating and endearing, and serve to turn them around a little.

If it wasn't prearranged, then it was an independent counter-measure on her part, to the same end.

It was entertaining either way, seeing her forced into the position of happily acknowledging that she's an intolerable bi**ch.

ETA: I could almost like Nurmi one day out ten because of that.

"I had several reasons for keeping her off the stand but the biggest was that she was so clearly lying about this issue, lying so poorly that it would have been laughable under other circumstances. ... Sandy Arias was more than willing to lie for her daughter, the only shock came when she did it so poorly on the day she tried to convince me that she saw bruising on Ms. Arias' arms."

There are then almost two pages describing the day Sandy came to see him to tell about the bruising.

Then it continues: "I asked Sandy if she had ever seen bruising on Ms. Arias' arms. First thing I found funny about this is that I had to ask, the second thing was that when I asked Sandy it was like a thought bubble went on above her head reading 'oh yeah, I forgot to tell him about seeing bruises, Jodi wanted me to tell him that.' Anyway, when I asked her if she saw bruises she said yes. I asked her to describe where on Jodi's arms was this bruising visible? Sandy could 'not remember.' When did she see these bruises? Sandy could 'not remember.' I asked Sandy a few more questions of a similar nature that she also could not answer. Her inability to answer these basic questions, questions that any mother should be able to answer if they saw bruising on their child, along with her body language when I was asking them made it very clear to me that she was not being truthful."

He then tells us that we may want to know why he would follow up with this if he knew a mother would lie for a child. He lectures us (one of many such examples) that if he didn't it could be grounds for a new trial.

Whew. Extra thanks for providing such an extended quote. :)

I'm getting another confirmation of what many of us came to believe during the PP retrial- that Nurmi's gazillion motions and objections to every little thing were motivated in no small part by a desire to deprive of her of any grounds for appeal.

Is this true? That Nurmi repeatedly calls Deanna a liar in his book, that he ambushed her in her own home for an interview- she came home to find Nurmi inside talking to her father- and that Nurmi uses Sky and Chris Hughes' words (that Ive never heard) to try to further humiliate Deanna??

Nurmi visits Grandparents and killers bedroom.... The room was "much too juvenile to be the room of a 30 year old woman" she had a "dream board" with delusional dreams for a 30 yr old woman who couldn't afford to rent her own place. They were dreams and experiences "that someone actually has to work to earn".

Jodi has to be behind this drivel. All this time, she's wanted to re-try the guilt phase of her trial(s). And I bet by having KN go out once more to beat the bushes, she's expecting money to drop in her lap from "all" those fans of her. Even if she hates him. Since sessions with her attorneys are her only form of private conversations in prison, this is probably all she has to work with. Does anyone know if KN is back on her attorney list?
She must be out of commissary funds....

BBM ~ No, he is done being her attorney. He asked to be released when she was sentenced. I am trying to find a clip of it, with no luck.

Mom's obviously not the brightest bulb in the box, but I wonder if some of her half-hearted and unhelpful efforts weren't grounded in a desire, not buried very deep, to be rid of her.

Chapter 35 : Using this commercial as my backdrop dealing with Miss Arias in terms of what she can do to your brain would go beyond merely placing my brain into the frying pan. The reality I experienced was much worse than that. I would describe the experience more like this. Take the egg but do not crack it, smash that egg into the pan, shell and all. Now the egg cannot just sit there and fry as that would not be enough to encapsulate the effect. Instead, to fully get a visual of what Miss Arias did to my brain you would have to find some fecal matter, throw it into the pan, add a chopped up dead rat and scramble the whole mess up. Once completely cooked this concoction with then approximate the affect Ms Arias would have on my brain.

As per chapter 32. "...in my final book I plan to include a letter directed at Ms Arias In this letter I will offer my response to this and many other issues show she and all of you have the opportunity to hear exactly how I feel. Spoiler alert "nine out of 10 days quote was the "PG "version of how I really feel.
-Kirk Nurmi

Nurmi couldn't believe that the killers family took all of her belongings and put them in a tool shed. :boohoo:

That family is so disconnected... but why?? Had they reached their breaking point with her?

So before the trial started this is what KN thought happened. He does say that what he thought then and what he thought after two trials differed greatly so to be clear, this is what he thought before trial #1 started.

"...they did not have sex until they woke up early that afternoon. It is my belief that it was during this afternoon sex session that the nude photos of the two were taken. I also believed, without any physical evidence to support it, that they had a second sex session just before Mr. Alexander got into the shower. Why do I believe this? Because given the sexual appetite Mr. Alexander showed towards Ms. Arias it made sense to me that he would want to have sex again before she left. Certainly, the ultimate question is what happened after Mr. Alexander was in the shower. I believed that Ms. Arias went to say goodbye to Mr. Alexander and I believed that when she did so he made it obvious to her that he wanted her out of the house before anyone saw her. I believed that Mr. Alexander made it obvious to her that they were done having sex, so they were done hanging out. I believed Ms. Arias felt used by Mr. Alexander. I believed that she felt as if she blew her chances with Ryan Burns over this tryst and she had simply had enough. I believed she felt like this toxic relationship would haunt her for life if she did not put a stop to it. In my mind, she decided then and there, during a fit of rage, to put an end to this relationship."

He closes this chapter: "Is my thinking fool proof? No. In fact, I have another theory I will share in my final book that I believe is as close to fool proof as it gets. However, I think when you put aside whatever emotion you may have about the case and consider what I have said this theory makes a lot of sense."

Nurmi couldn't believe that the killers family took all of her belongings and put them in a tool shed. :boohoo:

That family is so disconnected... but why?? Had they reached their breaking point with her?
She was either too painful to remember

or too tempting to forget.

So before the trial started this is what KN thought happened. He does say that what he thought then and what he thought after two trials differed greatly so to be clear, this is what he thought before trial #1 started.

"...they did not have sex until they woke up early that afternoon. It is my belief that it was during this afternoon sex session that the nude photos of the two were taken. I also believed, without any physical evidence to support it, that they had a second sex session just before Mr. Alexander got into the shower. Why do I believe this? Because given the sexual appetite Mr. Alexander showed towards Ms. Arias it made sense to me that he would want to have sex again before she left. Certainly, the ultimate question is what happened after Mr. Alexander was in the shower. I believed that Ms. Arias went to say goodbye to Mr. Alexander and I believed that when she did so he made it obvious to her that he wanted her out of the house before anyone saw her. I believed that Mr. Alexander made it obvious to her that they were done having sex, so they were done hanging out. I believed Ms. Arias felt used by Mr. Alexander. I believed that she felt as if she blew her chances with Ryan Burns over this tryst and she had simply had enough. I believed she felt like this toxic relationship would haunt her for life if she did not put a stop to it. In my mind, she decided then and there, during a fit of rage, to put an end to this relationship."

He closes this chapter: "Is my thinking fool proof? No. In fact, I have another theory I will share in my final book that I believe is as close to fool proof as it gets. However, I think when you put aside whatever emotion you may have about the case and consider what I have said this theory makes a lot of sense."

It figures his brain won't make an appearance until the sex starts. What about all the planning and preparation before that? That's kinda part of this whole thing you know, Nurmi.

Re: Deanna Reid.

He tells us that according to the Hughes, DR "was the love of Mr. Alexander's life but she was not attractive enough for Mr. Alexander to marry." She was essentially TA's "back up plan and I am not sure why she was okay with this."

They (defense team) wanted to meet with her and it took a while for her to agree. They showed up unannounced at her house and her father let them in. He sat around chitchatting with the defense team and DR walked it. "That may not sound appropriate to you but this is not an uncommon technique for investigators on both sides of the fence..." He says DR was very cautious and wasn't looking for an opportunity to bash T.

KN says they had an email that TA had written to the one of the Hughes "in which he talked about ruining her or words to that effect. We now had a better idea of who he was and had enough evidence from which to assume she had a sexual relationship with Mr. Alexander." According to KN, "ruining her" = they had sex.

He says that his former co-counsel asked questions of DR with such tact that DR later used that as her "excuse for not admitting that she had sexual relations with Mr. Alexander." KN says it is clear to him that DR "had told a great deal of untruths to keep Mr. Alexander's secrets during his lifetime and that she certainly was not going to stop doing so now after he was killed. In defense of Ms. Reid, she was not the only woman to cover for Mr. Alexander in this way but she seemingly was the one who had done it for the longest time and the one who had the most to loss as she had the most secrets about Mr. Alexander, secrets that she needed to keep because they would likely harm her reputation and/or status in the Mormon community as well."

One gets the sense that KN did not like DR that much. He did seem to like Mimi, Leslie Udy, and Desiree (Freeman?) and her brother. Lucky them.

It figures his brain won't make an appearance until the sex starts. What about all the planning and preparation before that? That's kinda part of this whole thing you know, Nurmi.

He dismisses all of that (after spending pages discussing it), because she would have killed him the second she walked in the door. Not waited several hours. According to him, of course. One can drive a truck through the holes in this theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV