Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thanks freeezes me, and though I got a few in there, I wanted to give an extra special thanks to you, Pink, for your take on this (and for 'taking one for the team'). To you, and all trhe other posters filling us in - Thank You!

Re: the above portion, about Nurmi's take on Ms Arias being made to seem a 'horrible *advertiser censored*' , and his justification of dragging Travis through the mud because he was having sex with her - in my opinion he makes no sense.

In my opinion, his statement is essentially calling Travis a 'horrible *advertiser censored*' because Nurmi believes he still had sex with his murderer (and I do doubt that it even a fraction of what CMJA said). For that matter, I for one, never felt JA was a 'horrible *advertiser censored*', whether or not they had sex on the day she murdered him, or any other day, but a horrible person for her brutal murder of her victim.

Nurmi is a piece of work, in my opinion. It seems as if he is trying to argue both sides of arguments, and justifies neither position.

-He knew the 'letter' was false, but wrote to, and questioned Skye Hughes in an evidentiary hearing about his writing to her that he had 100% proof.

-He feels JA was '*advertiser censored* shamed' because she was sexually active, but was justified in dragging TA 'through the mud' becuase he had sex with JA

- He felt DR lied because his former colleague asked her questions too tactfully (really???).

-He wants to redeem himself (etc, etc, etc), but feels it necessary to point out petty things about CMJA's family and town? As much as I dislike them (and I do), pickin CMJA's family and the town they live in is uncalled for, just because he felt they hadn't properly prepared for his visit. I wonder if he was able to refrain from picking his nose during the visit, as he noted what a dump the town was?

- He says he saw JA's room. and how juvenile it was, but was surprised that the family had put all her belongings into a shed? If her belongings were in a shed, how did he look at the room to see how juvenile it was? I remember seeing photos of her room, and how tiny that house was - why wouldn't they store things she couldn't possibly use in the near future?

A lot of what he says is illogical, but so was his questioning, IMO. He wants to argue both sides of the same argument, and does neither, again JMO.

Sorry for the long post, I was reading through the thread, and had all that stored up. Gah!

I read where he claims they had all kinds of sex OFTEN, there is no way it happened that often. For one thing the texts don't reflect that and neither does the geography. They lived miles apart for months when they were boyfriend and girlfriend. After that they fought a lot. He exaggerates a lot in this book.

RAnT ALERT

Whatever, Nurmi. Yep, you sure did prove Travis had sex with the client you describe elsewhere in your book as "highly sexual...acted like she was in heat." And you surely did prove your point that it is bad for unmarried Mormon men to have sex, even if you had to drag a bishop into court, read him the rape fantasy email she sent to herself, and accuse the Bishop of lying. Yep, put him in his place for daring to destroy the lies of your shadow fan-wingnut, too cowardly to face JM in court witness.

Regular wild sex, yep, the kind she had to beg him for by sneaking through his doggie door and getting naked into bed with him, completely uninvited, or with unsolicited and often unwanted texts to him telling him how dirty she wanted to be with him. The kind where she couldn't even commit to a work schedule or ultimately , any job, because she was too busy stalking him or making herself completely available to him every minute of her empty soulless days, and if he didn't call- no worries, she knew the doggy door was always open to her to make sure he couldn't avoid her.

Yep, as JM said, what was a girl to do in the face of this over-sexed kinky man who pled with her go on dates with other men, who broke up with her only to have her move into his backyard, who told her he was looking for a wife and that IT WASN'T HER.

She writes this herself, Nurmi, or are those the parts you decided not to believe or to omit, because hey, context is a relative thing, eh? One man's murder victim is another man's sex addict pervert, right? And who could really be surprised that poor little killer snapped and tried to decapitate him because he used her one too many times for sex. Right?

Yep, you probably did target #13, and if so you chose well, as he belonged to the small subgroups of "The Trial Watchers"who think Travis didn't actually deserve to die, maybe, but that he had it coming because he was just so toxic, and that she deserved nothing harsher than a long time out. If that. But..wait. That's YOUR belief, isn't it? I can't understand why her fans aren't kissing your feet. How ironic.

I know this is very inconvenient for you to remember, Nurmi, but even #13 found her guilty of 1st degree PREMEDITATED murder. She didn't "snap" that day, and if you really believed that you wouldn't have spent 4 pages in your book declaring how glad you are that you never found the murder weapons. You know she had to drive over one thousand miles to slash Travis and shoot him the head. You KNOW.

Spin spin spin your way out of your own webs of self-deception. The only reason sex was part of the trial is because YOU made the choice for it be the core of your defense, not because it had any significance in reality, and the fact you don't feel the slightest bit of regret or remorse for causing Travis' family and legions of friends unnecessary pain for years is astonishing.

How you could have spent 7 years learning everything there was to know about Travis and yet be able to walk away without any insight into who he was or compassion for him is utterly beyond me.

Best post of the week. Thank You Hope:drumroll:

Who is Nurmi??
A thin skinned mediocre attorney who needs to convince strangers he is right about his unethical tactics and defaming his opposition by lies and half truths. A TOTAL LOSER

With that last no apology for sliming Travis, I get it. His book is not only a FU to the killer, its a FU to "The Trial Watchers, " both fans and Travis supporters, because we're the ones who hurt his feelings.

Absolutely - and don't forget a big Nurmi FU to Juan Martinez, for being an excellent attorney, and for being interesting enough that an actual publisher will be printing an actual book, with spell checks and editiing and everythihng.

But hey, Nurni was shocked JM didn't use the prison calls - he would have.
Hey, didn't the defense file a motion (in limine, maybe?) to prevent the prosecutor from admitting CMJA's prison calls and visits at trial? I could swear I read that in a motion, but Nurmi would know, IMO

I read where he claims they had all kinds of sex OFTEN, there is no way it happened that often. For one thing the texts don't reflect that and neither does the geography. They lived miles apart for months when they were boyfriend and girlfriend. After that they fought a lot. He exaggerates a lot in this book.

I sincerely believe KN does not have very good logic or critical thinking skills. We are expected to believe things are true and accurate without any basis. How does he know they had sex "often?" Because JA told him? I would be willing to bet you can count on one hand the number of sexual encounters they had. And still have fingers left over.

Nurmi's first chapter is titled- Who is Nurmi?

Now that we know more about him, how about a running collective reply to the question? I'll start.

Who are you?

1. An attorney who doesn't care who he hurts or how he gets there, as long as he can convince himself he's right.

An attorney who has the most skewed perception of reality I think I've ever seen.

Absolutely - and don't forget a big Nurmi FU to Juan Martinez, for being an excellent attorney, and for being interesting enough that an actual publisher will be printing an actual book, with spell checks and editiing and everythihng.

Hey, didn't the defense file a motion (in limine, maybe?) to prevent the prosecutor from admitting CMJA's prison calls and visits at trial? I could swear I read that in a motion, but Nurmi would know, IMO

You are absolutely right NotMyself, I remember that motion too. Maybe we can find it in the minute entries, There are a lot of them. The letters are in a minute entry 8/8/2011 and 8/15/2011, I will try to find this other motion, because I do remember it.

I have no idea if he's violating the rules or not. This is a very well-known rule, so I have to assume he got an informed waiver from his client (perhaps in exchange for a cut of the profits, perhaps not).

I haven't read the posts detailing what's in his book. If he's bashing JA, I think it will hurt his reputation among other defense lawyers, but maybe he feels that his reputation with the general public will improve.

BBM. Greed makes strange bedfellows. Lol.

This may be what you're remembering:

9/16/2009 MOT - Motion - Party (001)
NOTE: TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM VIEWING AND/OR ACCESSING JAIL VISITATION RECORDS

But this is on the docket (today):

11/16/2015 MFW - Motion For Withdraw of counsel - Party (001)
NOTE: MOTION TO WITHDRAW AS COUNSEL OF RECORD

Who did she chase off now?

Says the killer went pro per the 1st time so she could question Heather, a podmate who had taken responsibility for the coded magazines. Tweeter says Nurmi wrote that JM destroyed Heather on cross.

Nurmi also said the killer seemed to relish having Heather on the stand lying for her.
Can this even be true? IIRC the first time JA was her own attorney was before the trial even started. The day JM brought the magazines into evidence I clearly remember JW and KN intently looking at the magazines trying to figure out why they were being brought into evidence.
It was always my understanding that when JA was her own attorney for the first time it was the pedo letters she was trying to get in. When she was not allowed to bring them in she decided not to her own attorney.

They have Juan's book in a different category ...Medical, Forensic Psychology, When you look at Nurmi's it says #1 new release in that mayhem cat. but if you look at the other books in that category, they all have more stars than his book. I think what the #1 means is that it is the newest book out in that category. He has 30 reviews and 50% are 4 or 5 stars. So if you take him and his family and fiends posting good reviews, that leaves very few others. I posted on Amazon my review and told the truth, that I had read only parts of the book, but what I had read was amateurish also an unethical colored version that rehashed his attacks on the victim. I gave it a one star.

BBM

LMFAO, although I am pretty sure you meant friends, "fiends" :rockon: is so debasing... I don't just like it, I frigging love it!!!!! :laughing:

NOTE: TO PROHIBIT THE STATE FROM VIEWING AND/OR ACCESSING JAIL VISITATION RECORDS

Maybe Willmott put her "resignation" in??? Wouldn't she have to do that to be "completely" rid of the leech? If she is still listed as her attorney, the butcheress probably still bugs her. I dunno'. JMO

Can this even be true? IIRC the first time JA was her own attorney was before the trial even started. The day JM brought the magazines into evidence I clearly remember JW and KN intently looking at the magazines trying to figure out why they were being brought into evidence.
It was always my understanding that when JA was her own attorney for the first time it was the pedo letters she was trying to get in. When she was not allowed to bring them in she decided not to her own attorney.

I think his memory is playing tricks on him, I recall it the way you do, trying to get the fake pedo letters admitted. While I was at the docket a bit ago I came across a motion to close all pre-trial hearings, it's no wonder there's as much confusion as there is seeing as how the secrecy began way back.

Who is Nurmi?

A jealous, no-count sloth of an attorney that feels and is inferior to JM, trying to justify his actions when it is plain to all that he is second rate and lazy to boot.

Thank you! I do think that might be the one I'm thinking of - so it looks like it was just for visits, not calls, I guess.

Thanks for the update! Good question, who did she alienate already? How often does she even meet with appelate counsel? I wonder what caused this to happen?

snipped
But it's just doubly strange that Nurmi, after railing for years against the media circus feeding frenzy, should show up at the fire with a 55 gallon drum of gasoline...WTF!

Or, if my math is correct, 11 5-gallon gas cans? Maybe he's a Spinal Tap fan.

I'm still going to get Nurmi and Juan's books. I read both Baez and Ashton's. I like to compare the yin and the yang.

I will say that, while Nurmi isn't as charismatic as Baez, he seems to be a better person. The guy was affected by the case and is not championing Arias. Baez will go down in flames saying CA is innocent. Nurmi at least knows Arias is guilty. And yeah, he defended her. But as a defense attorney, it's his job. We need defense attorneys. I don't blame him as much as I would blame a pizza delivery guy for being a few minutes late.

Shrug.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Nurmi snippets:

"She talked badly about her dad to Sandy and called him a "jerk". She talked her mother into doing things behind Bill's back. Bill didn't approve of all the money Sandy was sending to Ms. Arias".

"If I were to break her fan mail into categories, the biggest category would be men who wanted to have sex with her". To be fair there was also your general assortment of weird people as well".

She dedicated most of her time to her "suitors", (old men who gave her money thinking she would come have sex with them as soon as she was released from jail).

One 60+ year old "suitor" lived on a farm in Missouri and she played him particularly well. "Feigned interest in him". Nurmi thinks he especially sent her lots of $$ and told her
he has a room ready for her to come live with him after the trial... Nurmi called him "pathetic".

What was that again Nurmi???..... A HORRIBLE *advertiser censored*?

Oh, the part about the butcheress not bathing... "Ms. Arias would not even take the 3 showers a week she was designated" EWWW!

I'm still going to get Nurmi and Juan's books. I read both Baez and Ashton's. I like to compare the yin and the yang.

I will say that, while Nurmi isn't as charismatic as Baez, he seems to be a better person. The guy was affected by the case and is not championing Arias. Baez will go down in flames saying CA is innocent. Nurmi at least knows Arias is guilty. And yeah, he defended her. But as a defense attorney, it's his job. We need defense attorneys. I don't blame him as much as I would blame a pizza delivery guy for being a few minutes late.

Shrug.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I was right there with you until you said you would blame a pizza guy for being a few minutes late. Pizza delivery guys, in addition to having less access to life's privileges, also don't have much control over the grand scheme of things that leads them to your door. They are at the end of the line. If they're a few minutes late, please cut them some slack and tip them a bit extra, with the understanding that whatever caused the delay in bringing you your food, it likely wasn't their fault. #don'tshootthemessenger/deliveryguy

ETA. Different dockets. Motion to withdraw is on Superior Court docket, not COA's.

Nurmi is already off, Wilmott is still listed. Must be Willmott - likely just routine, as the killer has 2 appellate attorneys. Surprised Wilmott is still her counsel of record, and wondering if the killer has been allowed friendly privileged chats with her if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV