Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which has me scratching my head as to what their defense is going to be. I can see Millard saying Smich shot him but he didn't know he was going to do it so he panicked and helped him try to cover it up. This short time into the trial and the evidence is pretty damning. MOO

He's going to say that Smich and all his friends set him up. It's pretty obvious. It appears they are the ones who have co-operated with police so he's going to say that's because they made it all up to frame him. IMO only of course.

Which has me scratching my head as to what their defense is going to be. I can see Millard saying Smich shot him but he didn't know he was going to do it so he panicked and helped him try to cover it up. This short time into the trial and the evidence is pretty damning. MOO

Yes, I'm also very curious what their defense will be.

They have Millard on Surveillance. He can't get out of that.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 3m3 minutes ago
Crown accuses #Millard of sending letters to his girlfriend from jail to "have a key Crown witness change his evidence."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Fraser says #Millard wrote "if he knew how his words would give me a life sentence, he would change them. Show him how..."

Fraser says before his arrest, #Millard took a DVR from the MillardAir hangar and gave it to his girlfriend...

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 54s55 seconds ago
...Crown says the contents of that DVR show that #Millard & #Smich were on the property when #TimBosma's body was incinerated.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 22s23 seconds ago
Fraser now moving away from detailing the outline of Crown's case. Detailing jury's role to them. #MillardSmich

Fraser says before his arrest, #Millard took a DVR from the MillardAir hangar and gave it to his girlfriend...

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 56s57 seconds ago
...Crown says the contents of that DVR show that #Millard & #Smich were on the property when #TimBosma's body was incinerated.

Fingerprints.....check
Eyewitness testimony....check
DNA.......check
Cell evidence.....check
Video evidence.....check

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9s9 seconds ago
Sharlene Bosma is now being called as the Crown's first witness. #HamOnt #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 15s15 seconds ago
Sharlene #Bosma is the first witness. Jury taking lunch first.

NEWSTALK1010Verified account ‏@newstalk1010 3m3 minutes ago
Crown says there's video from hangar at Waterloo Airport of incineration. #TimBosma

OMG. Poor jury.

Fraser says video shows "The Eliminator" being ignited at MillardAir hangar. #MillardSmich

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Crown: Millard sends text to staff May 7. "Airport politics. No one goes to the hangar today. Not even just to grab something."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Crown says a MillardAir employee who was following #TimBosma case found black pickup at hangar. Took photos of truck and VIN, gave to police

Everyone catch the bolded bit? Essentially, DM told employees to stay away from the hangar ... presumably because they incinerated (or were incinerating) Tim Bosma's remains there.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9s9 seconds ago
Sharlene Bosma is now being called as the Crown's first witness. #HamOnt #TimBosma

I feel like I am going to be sick and I am only an interested member of the general public. I can't even imagine or DARE to imagine what this is like for the family, particularly this woman that has to sit there and directly discuss the last minutes she saw her husband alive. My heart breaks for her.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Crown says a MillardAir employee who was following #TimBosma case found black pickup at hangar. Took photos of truck and VIN, gave to police

I wonder if this was before or after LE had the "ambition tattoo" information? The pictures were obviously taken before the truck was towed to MB's driveway.

So who is the millardair employee who saw Tim's truck and sent in the photo and VIN info??? Is this the crown witness DMwas desperate to get to change their story?

So who is the millardair employee who saw Tim's truck and sent in the photo and VIN info??? Is this the crown witness DMwas desperate to get to change their story?

I recall there being an employee that had made some comments on SM but I can't recall his name. Whoever he is, God bless him for doing the right thing.

Could be. Perhaps he didn't think, at the time, that DM was involved. He probably thought it was another employee who was using the hangar to hide the truck. Ooops...guess what, it was the boss man who was hiding it. ;)

It appears as though DM felt that this person was close enough to him to be willing to change his testimony? So he must have thought this person would not have turned in the evidence if he'd known who hid the truck? So who would disregard the email and go to the hangar anyway, Airport politics or not? Hmmm.....

Glad whomever it is, is doing the right thing and testifying.

MOO

Or was it the roommate that he needed to change their story? If he'd admitted to the roommate that they stole the truck, that's pretty damning evidence. I don't recall a roommate but it's been years. AM?

So DM told: a roommate and his GF about the truck (and that Tim was dead?)

So MS told: his gf about what happened.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 28s29 seconds ago
Crown accuses #Millard of sending letters to his girlfriend from jail to "have a key Crown witness change his evidence."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 36s36 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Crown: Millard wrote "If he knew his words would get me a life sentence, he would change them. Show him how he can + he will change them."

My guess is the crown witness who gave statements is the guy in Brantford we had all sleuthed in the early days. I think he is probably also the one that had the box.

This whole thing is an outrage. omg.....so many people knew.

Feb 1 2016 12:35 PM
The Crown also says a DVR was found inside Noudga's bedroom. It was from the airplane hangar, Fraser says, and shows Millard and Smich in the hangar around 1:30 a.m. on May 7, 2013 -- when the Crown says Bosma's body was burned.
TwitterFacebookLinkedInPermalink
Adam Carter

So who was going to paint the truck and take off the decals? Where is the shop? Is the shop his hangar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member