Bosma Murder Trial 02.02.16 - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could shoot a gun with either my right or left hand while driving. I think the more natural would be the right hand to shoot even if you are left handed. MOO

Good catch. It would be pretty awkward for a right handed person to shoot someone sitting so close to them on the right. Not so much for a leftie. ;)

MOO

In Ontario everyone must go thru the scanners as a security check...they check for anything metal,,,the last thing they want is someone to be HURT in a murder trial....robynhood

Yes to all of this. I've always been reluctant to straight-up call him a serial killer, but he's giving me all kinds of Ted Bundy at this point.

And for whatever reason, involving other people is obviously part of the thrill for him.

Good reminder that murderers (and serial killers) do not necessarily fit the perfect cookie-cutter molds we envision after watching all those 'profiler' crime shows.

Thanks, redheart. So if he's driving, he has to turn a bit in the seat to fire with his left hand.

Well, do lefties necessarily fire with left hand? Going to ask left-handed boyfriend tonight. (Not that he's ever fired a handgun, but I'm guessing there's some instinctive knowledge of how you would hold something like that.)

Depends on the gun. Some hand-guns are more ambidextrous than others. Same goes with long-guns. I am left handed, and shoot from the left shoulder.

So the burner phone was purchased in March of 2013 under the name Lucas Bates?

Good catch. It would be pretty awkward for a right handed person to shoot someone sitting so close to them on the right. Not so much for a leftie. ;)

MOO

Shooting someone dead while driving would cause an accident. The force from a gun and trying to hold a car steady, being spattered with blood and flesh, doesn't seem feasible to me. JMO

Was the rear side passenger window not blown out by the shot's fired?

I could only see that happening if it was a left-handed cross-body shots fired at the passenger in the front seat. Rounds would have had impacted at an oblique angle through TB's body to go through the rear window like that.

If MS had fired from the rear seat, it would have been the front window or front passenger side window to be blown out ..left or right handed.

I agree with the defence setting things up....Dr appt could be set up for Fridays when court is not in session, but they chose to have it interrupt court for all to read that DM has a medical issue!!!
It would be the jail that sets up a medical appointment IMO. Not the lawyer JMO

Shooting someone dead while driving would cause an accident. The force from a gun and trying to hold a car steady, being spattered with blood and flesh, doesn't seem feasible to me. JMO

The biggest effect upon the passengers in the vehicle would have been the concussion inside the vehicle. A .380 is a small gun, and does not have much recoil. The large portion of any cast-off would have been in the trajectory path of the bullet exiting. This is all assuming that the vehicle was actually in motion, at the time of the shooting.

I could only see that happening if it was a left-handed cross-body shots fired at the passenger in the front seat. Rounds would have had impacted at an oblique angle through TB's body to go through the rear window like that.

If MS had fired from the rear seat, it would have been the front window or front passenger side window to be blown out ..left or right handed.

Not necessarily. If sat behind driver, a rear passenger would have direct aim through the passenger and out the window, OR the shot was fire from outside of the vehicle if someone was killed on the inside. Think Tupac. Presuming the victim was in front passenger seat as has been alleged.

Directly from the court transcript:

The front passenger side window was shattered.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/297563969/Crown-s-opening-address-in-Tim-Bosma-murder-trial

Regarding the question of whether someone really did drop them off at TB's that night, or they drove themselves, I note the Crown's opening statement states MS's girlfriend "told police she remembered Mr. Millard picked up Mr. Smich on May 6, 2013 which would have been before they made their way to Ancaster to see Tim Bosma's truck."

I presume she will be called as a witness, so I'll be interested to hear what time DM picked up MS, and in what vehicle.

Regarding the question of whether someone really did drop them off at TB's that night, or they drove themselves, I note the Crown's opening statement states MS's girlfriend "told police she remembered Mr. Millard picked up Mr. Smich on May 6, 2013 which would have been before they made their way to Ancaster to see Tim Bosma's truck."

I presume she will be called as a witness, so I'll be interested to hear what time DM picked up MS, and in what vehicle.

Good catch!

Would it take only one bullet to kill TB at close range? Small bullets for a small gun? I'm worried he was shot and just bled to death in the car. Sorry.

I'm not worried about SB and WD's testimony showing they didn't get a definite identification/description of MS on May 6th. There are going to be at least two witness who will be very important to show MS was involved; MS's girlfriend and DM's room mate. Their testimony is evidence according to the judicial system.

MS told his girlfriend days before, he and DM were going to steal a truck. She was with MS May 6th, when DM came to pick MS up prior to going to the Bosma's residence. Then MS admitted to his girlfriend he helped DM steal TB's truck and the man they stole the truck from was "gone, gone, gone." MS may not have been aware DM had a gun and was intending on using if he felt the urge to use it hit him. MS is just as guilty because he was involved in the premeditated theft of TB's truck and through that theft a murder happened. Therefore according to Canadian law, MS is guilty. He may end up getting second degree, but I don't even know if that's a charge the Crown has considered and is on the table. We will have to wait and see what the judge says the options regarding charges just before the jurors deliberate....about four months from now.

DM's room mate will be a witness who will show MS's involvement in the theft at least. DM told his room mate the day after, on May 7th, they stole a truck. DM had told his room mate the weekend before, May 4/5th, he and MS were planning to steal a truck. His information backs up what MS told his girlfriend. So yes, IMO MS was involved in the preplanned theft that turned into the murder of TB.
ALL MOO.

We only have tweets to go on, second hand information. Sometimes a simple smile can become a cheesy grin by the time it goes twittering around the block. IMHO

I have been in courtrooms and it is rare to see or hear outright laughter in serious trials. IMHO.

There is no 'outright laughter', only faint little chuckles, along with SB's, wife as she fondly remembered things about her husband during happier times during her testimony. SB is the sweetheart here, and if she makes a comment she finds a little humorous, the courtroom isn't going to argue.

Imo it is inappropriate for the accused in a murder trial to smile at anyone, perhaps with the exception of his own legal counsel, or the judge. To smile at potential jurors, jurors, witnesses, and/or the murder victim's family members is simply not appropriate, it is intimidating, whether it is a simple smile or a cheesy grin.

Since the remains were so badly burned, there's no way of knowing where he was shot but we all know certain areas of the body are more likely to instantly cause death than others. They only mentioned 1 spent .380 caliber cartridge found in truck, one is enough. Not to say there wasn't more elsewhere that just hasn't been mentioned yet though.

I do hope however it was done that it was quick and he didn't suffer.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 33s33 seconds ago
Coloured lines sketched on images of truck print and #Millard's taken thumbprint, tracing specific ridges, match. #MillardSmich

Not sure where Mark Carcasole got the image from. I assume the media isn't permitted to photograph in court -- has there been a media release?

@HaltonPolice pattern comparison of thumb print found in #TimBosma's truck to print taken from Dellen #Millard.

CaPrjVbUYAA2izS.jpg

https://twitter.com/MarkCarcGlobal/...7?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Since the incinerator was cleaned out, I wonder who cleaned it out and where any other remains were placed if there was bones that didn't become ash. I remember that CBC ran that story about more remains found on the farm.

I think the press are given evidence photos to publish. There were evidence photos in yesterday's Hamilton Spectator of the truck in the trailer.

B822330125Z.1_20160202174527_000_GSS1KFLKA.2_Gallery.jpg

Dellen Millard fingerprint set submitted as part of expert testimony by Detective Rob Felske
Dellen Millard fingerprint set submitted as part of expert testimony by Detective Rob Felske

http://media.zuza.com/2/0/209c3935-....1_20160202174527_000_GSS1KFLKA.2_Gallery.jpg

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6257741-two-men-shot-bosma-in-his-truck-crown-tells-trial/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje