Bosma Murder Trial 02.03.16 - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so then someone had a samsung charger on hand? makes no sense..to me if the phone was shut off then it would still have battery life when turned on again..and the flood of texts would come through. I guess because Liz had cleaned it off the prints on the phone would have been cleaned too. If Tim was already dead and there was so much blood as they describe..would the phone not have blood on it too then? It will be interesting to see when Tim was killed.

I don't know where Tim carried his phone - but my hubby carries his in his pants pocket - either the front or the side (cargo pants or shorts). It's entirely possible that's where Tim's was and protected from any blood. Not to mention, we don't know where Tim was shot. (I hate typing this!!) If he was shot in the upper left part of his body and he was carrying his phone in his front right pocket, it's likely there wouldn't be any blood on it at all.

I am wondering if it was part of the plan to enter doubt into the picture in regard to TB's potential personal motives for his disappearance.

It seems that DM and MS did not necessarily have a lot of information on their victim in advance of the TB test drive. Who would have thought, really, that such a large search, police involvement and media attention would happen so quickly? I have always understood that police wait 24hours before doing *anything* about an adult missing person. This case seemed special just because of the unique set of circumstances and specific individuals. I wonder if they threw the cellphone, thinking that it may create that niggling of doubt as to whether TB *chose* to disappear from his current life.

all I truly believe that had it not been for the 'ambition' tattoo being noticed by other kijiji truck-sellers, they may have gotten away with murder. Except for that fact that they each seemed to have loose lips, of course. If the tatt hadn't been noticed, LE really had was a description of 2 individuals from 10 feet away in a dingy garage.. no vehicle description; a burner phone with a fake ID making the contacts; LE may not have ever known there was ever a murder, or even a stolen truck (VIN removed), and it would have potentially been one of those forever unsolved cases of a man who just disappeared from his life.

In the Crown's opening statements, it was stated that both DM's and MS's phones were turned off immediately after the 3 began their test drive, and while TB was in the truck with the 2 men. But TB's phone, and sounds like the burner phone, were not turned off. If TB's phone was found turned off and ditched at some future point in time, it could have potentially looked like TB ditched it himself on his way out of his old life and into his new. Except that the plan failed, thanks to the tatt, and instead they got caught very quickly, and sounds like with all kinds of proof.

If I recall correctly, an employee noticed TBs truck at the hanger the day after and notified crime-stoppers.

I do the same on my Android touch screen but the screen has to be live, before that accidentally happens. Since the browser was accessed an HOUR after Tim left on the test drive, I don't suspect his screen was still live due to the screen time-out feature. (I'm probably using the wrong words here but by "live" I mean phone on, screen swiped to unlock, ready to use and/or accidentally touch an app and open it). I realize it's a lot of assuming, but assuming Tim's phone was like mine or yours, someone had to have purposely clicked it on, unlocked the screen and tapped an app to open it. I hope that made sense.

I am guessing that he didn't have a lock feature if the lady was able to use it to call his home number.

[video=twitter;695014288994476032]https://twitter.com/MarkCarcGlobal/status/695014288994476032[/video]

Exact same Samsung I had in 2013 :(

I am guessing that he didn't have a lock feature if the lady was able to use it to call his home number.

Right, but there are 2 versions of it (not really sure I'm using the right words). There's the swipe screen you have to literally swipe to access the apps, texting, phone, etc., then there's the lock screen that comes up it you have it password protected.

[video=twitter;695014296942727168]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/695014296942727168[/video]

Yep, genuine guy, right there. Or is it Lucas? Hard to tell...

I do hope the above sketch portrays Judge Goodman's facial expression accurately.

[video=twitter;695014296942727168]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/695014296942727168[/video]

Yep, genuine guy, right there. Or is it Lucas? Hard to tell...

Looks like Millard's eyes have gone full Bundy.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2494502/3rd-day-of-testimony-in-trial-of-two-men-accused-of-murdering-tim-bosma/

This article contains info I hadn't seen in today's posts - LE were interested in DM's satchel because it was described by other truck owner who went for test drive; DM told LE 'let's put pause on this' when they went to hangar & went into his office, closed door; DM gave LE address of farm in Ayr.

Also contains pic of exact location where TB's cell phone was found - not along roadside fence, but along driveway fence.

I don't know how to add link to google map showing this view of the driveway at Kemira, sorry

That sachel lol - "just wait a moment while I grab my purse..." DM is definitely a handbag type.

Right, but there are 2 versions of it (not really sure I'm using the right words). There's the swipe screen you have to literally swipe to access the apps, texting, phone, etc., then there's the lock screen that comes up it you have it password protected.

My husband & I both have very similar phones, and we have to swipe across screen to 'reactivate' to access apps, etc. Sometimes, my husband's big fingers inadvertently also swipe an icon on the screen as part of that swipe, and activate an app he doesn't mean to open. Might it be that TB's cell phone browser was activated briefly at 10:01 by mistake as an unfamiliar user swiped the screen, trying to figure out how to shut phone off? TB's phone turned off @ 10:02 according to today's testimony.

And did it follow DM's own phone as well? Translation: On other days the phone was used, did the cell tower data line up with DM's personal phone's movements as well? Once could be a fluke...multiple times...not so fluky.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Jackson said Millard's phone then pinged off a cell tower in Brantford, Ont., at 9:44 p.m., before pinging twice around midnight in Cambridge, Ont. The last blip from Bosma's phone, on the other hand, was off a tower in Brantford at 10:56 p.m.

Police traced the calls made to Bosma and Tumemenko to a cellphone number belonging to a shop in west-end Toronto, Jackson said. The name on the bill of sale was Lucas Bate.

Cell tower records showed similar locations for the two phones — Millard's and Bate's — travelling from Etobicoke, in west-end Toronto, through Ancaster, Jackson testified.

The investigator also described the phone interactions between Bosma's cellphone and Bate's. There were several calls between them, with Bate calling Bosma at 9:04 p.m. on the night he disappeared, Jackson said.

http://www.theifp.ca/news-story/6260781-detective-describes-manhunt-for-accused-in-bosma-death/

The reporters actually have stuff to report so they don't have as much time to look around the courtroom and and observe.

MOO

Perhaps the reporters realize now it's all an act, show boat or he's plan kooky, (but not enough for NCR defence) that DM knows they are going to print his absurd behaviour in the MSM for everyone to read. But most of all he wants for himself to see it in print. Hope he gets all newspaper deliveries cut off. JMO.

There are currently 81 users browsing this thread. (16 members and 65 guests)

Guests, feel free to join the discussion, it's really easy to sign up!:seeya:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2494502/3rd-day-of-testimony-in-trial-of-two-men-accused-of-murdering-tim-bosma/

This article contains info I hadn't seen in today's posts - LE were interested in DM's satchel because it was described by other truck owner who went for test drive; DM told LE 'let's put pause on this' when they went to hangar & went into his office, closed door; DM gave LE address of farm in Ayr.

Also contains pic of exact location where TB's cell phone was found - not along roadside fence, but along driveway fence.

I don't know how to add link to google map showing this view of the driveway at Kemira, sorry
First time I saw this info as well and that leads me to ask "Why did DM give them the address of the farm in Ayr?" Oh wait, I know- because he had nothing to hide and probably thought he had cleaned the incinerator out completely, so even if they found it, they wouldn't find anything in it? I really wanna know what this guy was smoke'n . Considering LE where shocked to see something that big, with "ELIMINATOR" & "CREMATORY" on it and I can't help but think these were homicide cops. Was he thinking that just because it was an livestock incinerator that all farmers were sure to have one and no one would be shocked to see one? Makes me remember something that DP said earlier- that the DM side wanted to see the evidence- well, we're starting to see the evidence. MOO

That's a possibility too? They wanted LE to focus the investigation in the Brantford area so it was deliberately tossed to be found? Pretty far from Waterloo where the truck was actually originally taken. I wonder if the phone was wiped before tossing too? I guess since the woman cleaned it off we'll never know.

MOO

MOO

Considering all of the jacked vehicles that end up on Reserve, Caledonia/Brantford way.. I would not discount a theory that DM/MS would have tried to mislead authorities by going in that direction. The two of them certainly would have been familiar with the Reserve reputation for chop-shops. That theory is more plausible to me though, if they were simply going to 'dump' TB alive and well, but liberated of his Dodge Ram..

Where was the truck at this point? Didn't an employee see it at the hanger not too long before LE went there? Or had it been put in the trailer by this time?

Again, sorry if this has already been answered. I'm not caught up and answering as I go along. When LE went to the hangar of the 10th, the truck was already in DM's trailer, sitting in MB's driveway. The employee who saw Tim's truck in the hangar, and took photos of it, that was on May 8th. HTH and MOO.

First time I saw this info as well and that leads me to ask "Why did DM give them the address of the farm in Ayr?" Oh wait, I know- because he had nothing to hide and probably thought he had cleaned the incinerator out completely, so even if they found it, they wouldn't find anything in it? I really wanna know what this guy was smoke'n . Considering LE where shocked to see something that big, with "ELIMINATOR" & "CREMATORY" on it and I can't help but think these were homicide cops. Was he thinking that just because it was an livestock incinerator that all farmers were sure to have one and no one would be shocked to see one? Makes me remember something that DP said earlier- that the DM side wanted to see the evidence- well, we're starting to see the evidence. MOO

Exactly my thoughts! Must be some good stuff!

I wonder if he wanted to be caught? In some demented way, maybe he felt it would put him in the spotlight..make him a "star". That he would be admired for his actions? And this court room is his stage..literally. Had life been too normal for him lately. A truly serious cry for attention?? I mean really...waving at the detective like they were long lost buddies who just reconnected. He truly does have a deep sense of himself.

The evidence so far all seems strongly DM-centric. DM's thumbprint, DM's tattoo, DM's satchel/man-purse, a phone that pinged off the same cell towers as DM's phone...

When are they going to bring out the evidence against MS?

Exactly my thoughts! Must be some good stuff!

I wonder if he wanted to be caught? In some demented way, maybe he felt it would put him in the spotlight..make him a "star". That he would be admired for his actions? And this court room is his stage..literally. Had life been too normal for him lately. A truly serious cry for attention?? I mean really...waving at the detective like they were long lost buddies who just reconnected. He truly does have a deep sense of himself.

A random Bundy article I was reading today characterized Bundy's decision to represent himself in court as part of his basically self-destructive nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje