Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect that the OPP Intelligence Analyst (Phillip Wilkinson) will be recalled tomorrow.....but to sum up his testimony today

May 3, 2013

- Bate phone calls to Araujo and Palmilli (don't believe data for MS and DM phones was presented for this day......but the jury got a lot more info that the tweeters could keep up with)

May 4, 2013

- Bate phone called Igor and TB (ping was near Millard residence in Etobicoke)
- DM communicated with Spaford and Wishbone

[presumption is DM had Bate phone]

May 5, 2013

- Bate phone called Igor at 3:05pm - pinged in North York
- an hour later MS phone pinged on same tower
- at 4:19 DM phone pinged on a tower in the similar area

[inference is that DM, MS and Bate phone we all in same location in the afternoon]

- 11pm - DM and Bate phone ping off towers close to DM Etobicoke residence

[inference is that DM had Bate phone]

May 6, 2013

early am - DM phone pings off tower near his Etobicoke home
7:21 am - TB texts Bate phone - DM phone pings off tower in same area
texts coming in all morning - all pings off tower in Etobicoke
7:22 pm - Bate phone calls TB (still pinging off tower near DM home)

[inference - during this time DM has Bate phone]

6:00 pm MS phone pings at MS residence
7:58 pm SS texts DM and DM's phone pings off same tower as MS's in Oakville

[inference - DM and MS are now together in Oakville]

8:44pm MS gets a text from MM and pings off tower in Ancaster
9:02pm DM phone pinged in Ancaster
9:05pm Bate phone calls TB - THIS WAS THE LAST COMMUNICATION WITH THIS PHONE
9:20pm MS phone still pinging on tower in Ancaster
after 9:20pm MS phone in expert's opinion was shut off, SIM card removed and battery removed. NO FURTHER SIGNALS
9:44pm DM's phone pings off a tower west of TB's residence (I think we previously had a more specific location for this)
THEN (nothing more specific than that) DM phone pings off tower just north of Ayr Farm
11:59pm DM phone pinged off tower very near MillardAir Hangar

[inference.....DM and MS were together with Bate phone when TB went missing. MS deactivated his phone in some way. DM phone pinged off his route that night, ending up at the hangar]

May 7, 2013

9:18am - 9:21am (I realize there is a discrepancy between this and what Adam Smith reported) MS phone turned on briefly and 21 text messages came through

All of the inferences are my opinion. I did this quickly so if I missed anything or need to add anything please let me know!

attachment.php
This shows the little levers that close over the main handle. The top one slides down over the handle then they lock together over the handle. If the cam lever were secure and the handle went through these extra levers and then we're locked it would be a solid latch. Just looks like a shoddy latch to me, not tampering. moo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 156
[video=youtube;sOVLO9CSuCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOVLO9CSuCU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Adrian HumphreysVerified account ‏@AD_Humphreys 7m7 minutes ago
I've uploaded a video shown to the jury today at the #TimBosma #murder trial of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich

It may not have taken much for something to shift inside the trailer, putting some pressure against the doors, causing the flimsy locking mechanism, to let go or break, causing the doors to come open. What was left of the seats, the metal frames, they could have shifted as they were against the main rear doors according to the Crown's OS.

At this point I really believe it's irrelevant and won't weight heavy on jurors minds as far as evidence goes. There was no sloppy LE work done, just a incident that happened and LE were very thorough in noting everything, dotting all I's and crossing all T's. JMHO.

The front seats were found in the same trailer behind the truck and against the main rear doors of the trailer. The driver’s seat, center console and passenger seat had no upholstery, no cushioning, just charred metal. They had been burned.

That looks like the Red Dodge Ram to me. JMO

Do they still have the original texts or does the Crown only want the times and locations? I'm curious about the content of the texts.

Apparently Rogers does not have access to the content of their customer's text messages - the actual phone is needed for that.

Once again, from the Erin Howlett trial:

Fortier said Rogers does not have access to the content of the text messages. That would have to come from the phone, she said.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6169457-man-used-phone-previously-used-by-howlett-ball-murder-trial-told/

Court heard Hamilton police Const. Brent Gibson, say the neighbour, Rocco Oppedisano of Tinsmith Court, “took me downstairs to a security room in his home and showed me the video.”
A trailer, towed by a pick-up truck, is briefly seen driving past the end of Oppedisano’s driveway. This was entered as EXHIBIT #31 at the trial, that continues at the Hamilton courthouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOVLO9CSuCU&feature=youtu.be

I don't believe anything of importance was found in the box. Do you have a link/source stating otherwise? If there was, you're right, there would be major issues with continuity of evidence. Let's say they found the gun that killed TB in the box.....if it even was admissible there would be reasonable doubt. Luckily, nothing of importance was found in the box.

Sorry, I don't mean the empty box from the truck. I'm sure an empty box wouldn't have contents. I mean the box on the legal document that plaintiffs get, that asks them if they require continuity to be disclosed.

Court heard Hamilton police Const. Brent Gibson, say the neighbour, Rocco Oppedisano of Tinsmith Court, “took me downstairs to a security room in his home and showed me the video.”
A trailer, towed by a pick-up truck, is briefly seen driving past the end of Oppedisano’s driveway. This was entered as EXHIBIT #31 at the trial, that continues at the Hamilton courthouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOVLO9CSuCU&feature=youtu.be

Wow! That camera was aligned just right, :great: really cut it close to the top of the security video. Thank you Mr. neighbour for having video surveillance. :happydance: It appears to be DM's red Dodge with the four lights on top of the cab. It's definitely not a black truck. You can tell as it goes across the top of the screen it is lighter in colour than the trailer, which is black obviously. MOO. Technology ROCKS! :D

That looks like the Red Dodge Ram to me. JMO

Me too. Shows up too light to be black or dark blue but too dark to be white or silver. Same roof running lights too. I bet a forensic video technician can even distinguish the dual back wheels.

MOO

There has been absolutely no evidence presented to indicate the trailer was tampered with at any point after LE took control of it. I think it's a huge leap based on many assumptions (some of which were cleared up today) Unless you have a link that shows the trailer was compromised in some way before the trip to Tillsonburg, we will have to wait until more evidence is presented and agree to disagree until that point.

I wasn't really expecting there to be any evidence presented via the Crown. I do think that it is apparent that something caused the padlock to go from locking the doors from Kleinburg to not locking the doors from Hamilton. I am interested in this as evidence was due to be taken from that truck and trailer at the Tillsonburg destination. If lawyers have requested continuity it may help figure it out. However lawyers apparently get deterred from checking that box by the court as it takes extra time to provide continuity. This is one of those times that it may have been helpful. JMO

Do we know it was a cam-lock system? I would like to see pics of the back of the trailer. We have doors at work that lock, but if you don't "lock" the top and bottoms (like in the cam-lock situation) they are not actually secure. Did it say anywhere in the testimony that the doors actually flew open? Or did it just say it wasn't secure? I may not be explaining this well.....going to reread the testimony....

The box flew out so there must have been an opening and the doors were able to open, as in they were not locked as the officer testified.

Over the past 3 yrs I have rumblings from people in the area as to why he needed this truck. I am not sure if I am allowed to mention those rumours. However with the evidence we've seen I can see it being that reason now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I would agree with your husband but in the picture someone posted with the padlock it looked like the latch that was padlocked was an add on. Also, if the system wasn't closed properly the little padlock would be no match for the pressure. JMO

Officer didnt testify that the padlock was broken.

Wow! That camera was aligned just right, :great: really cut it close to the top of the security video. Thank you Mr. neighbour for having video surveillance. :happydance: It appears to be DM's red Dodge with the four lights on top of the cab. It's definitely not a black truck. You can tell as it goes across the top of the screen it is lighter in colour than the trailer, which is black obviously. MOO. Technology ROCKS! :D

That's the first live video I've viewed of the crime in progress. Super creepy.

Just thinking, the trial is expected to take 4 months or about 17 weeks, sitting 4 days a week = 68 days

We are on day 7 and about 10% of the way through the trial. Do we feel 10% done, like we are just scratching the surface?

Just thinking, the trial is expected to take 4 months or about 17 weeks, sitting 4 days a week = 68 days

We are on day 7 and about 10% of the way through the trial. Do we feel 10% done, like we are just scratching the surface?

At first I thought we were moving at a fair clip.

As of today, especially given that I haven't had much time to keep up, I feel like they are rehashing cellphone data we had already been told. I assume I am missing some nuance in the different iterations of cell records.

That said--we already know SO much that we spent years merely guessing at--and often guessing wrong, such as the unpredictable location of the incinerator on the fateful night.

That's the first live video I've viewed of the crime in progress. Super creepy.

Hmm creepier yet is if and when the Crown release the incinerator video.
:( Very tragic. Poor Tim. Poor SB and their little daughter, his parents and everyone who knew and loved Tim. :tears: MOO.

Makes me so sad knowing one day SB will have to tell the story to their daughter.
JUSTICE FOR TIM!!

Are you implying it WAS tampered with? We don't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654