Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know it was a cam-lock system? I would like to see pics of the back of the trailer. We have doors at work that lock, but if you don't "lock" the top and bottoms (like in the cam-lock situation) they are not actually secure. Did it say anywhere in the testimony that the doors actually flew open? Or did it just say it wasn't secure? I may not be explaining this well.....going to reread the testimony....

There is a video at this link that shows the trailer being towed away from DM's mother's house by police (start at 0:45s). http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...pearance-staying-silent-lawyer-says-1.1330722

No close-up of the back but here's a screenshot:
21oojkh.jpg

For Random Name and Tamarind's benefit: I don't want to beat a dead horse here but the contents would not be what puts the pressure on the door but the shifting of the entire trailer frame would do it. When a trailer drives away from you with the doors open you can actually see the sides and roof move. this is also affected by tire pressure, and the type of road surface, hills, bumps etc. The shifting of the door could easily break a little pad lock.
Inhave experienced this type of thing first hand trailering. This is my own opinion but hopefully it's helpful.

Yes thank you. I am more interested in the fact that the padlock was firmly in place between Kleinburg and Hamilton or what you have described may have occurred during that journey. We know it was for some reason not locked, as per officer testimony, between Hamilton and Tillsonburg. The trailer worked well with the temporary binding they used, from the 403 for the rest of the journey, so couldn't have been that much pressure IMO.

I would ASSUME so....but we haven't heard testimony confirming or refuting it. The doors held from Kleinberg to Hamilton but during an ascent from Hamilton to Tillsonburg the latch get go. (presumably bc of shifting of cargo toward the back...bc of the climb....and this put pressure on the doors) Lots of assumptions...but this makes sense to me....

There is a video at this link that shows the trailer being towed away from DM's mother's house by police (start at 0:45s). http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...pearance-staying-silent-lawyer-says-1.1330722

No close-up of the back but here's a screenshot:
21oojkh.jpg

Looks like I was wrong about the tow truck that's a regular pickup truck towing it. Looks kinda small for that size trailer with a ram3500 inside but...(edit never mind watched video it's a ram 3500 towing that's ok)

Look at the doors at the rear doesn't it look like the right side door is open compared to the left side door? The left door had the lever, rod, and cams on it and does the "locking" if the left door was closed and locked before the right door the right door would be free to flap in the breeze

Well most trailers aren't built by untrained staff in a makeshift chop shop so there's that.

MOO

We don't know where the trailer in question was manufactured unless you have seen this somewhere and if so, please provide a link TIA

I'm really trying to figure out why so much is being made about this trailer/box? Did I miss something? Are people implying this was something underhanded by LE or that it will negatively affect DM/MS?

I'm really trying to figure out why so much is being made about this trailer/box? Did I miss something? Are people implying this was something underhanded by LE or that it will negatively affect DM/MS?

Scroll and roll. That's what I'm doing. JMO

I'm really trying to figure out why so much is being made about this trailer/box? Did I miss something? Are people implying this was something underhanded by LE?

I guess so like planting a truck to the murdered man. Finger prints and shell casing. Planting keys in a car and following him around with the Bate phone in the days leading up. Plus all the other evidence. This would have to be the most Elaborate frame job known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm most interested to hear about MM and CN - their involvement in CN's case, what their boyfriends' told them, their activities in the days after. Also intrigued to hear what SS has to say.

Over the past 3 yrs I have rumblings from people in the area as to why he needed this truck. I am not sure if I am allowed to mention those rumours. However with the evidence we've seen I can see it being that reason now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think SS may shed some light on that topic at some point in this trial. :sigh:

Officer didnt testify that the padlock was broken.
I wonder what part was actually broken. Did the officer testify that they wired it shut the first time? I thought I had seen a photo with a lock on it but maybe that was a later photo.

I also wanted to add that if that cam latch wasn't quite on right it could pop open and then the padlock or clip or wire or whatever was on there would experience too much pressure from the shifting trailer and would snap. The officer may not have known what she was looking at if she has not seen one before. If they then got lucky and latched it properly before putting a wire through the extra catch to get them the rest of the way it probably would have been fine. There are many things that could have affected it but I doubt it was tampered with.
Personally I don't think this will make or break the case anyway.

Now that they have laid out the path that DM and MS were travelling on May 6-7, do you think they will (after this) move on to the video evidence they found along that path? I am thinking the 10:10pm Brantford sighting and so on. Then the hangar surveillance.

I wonder what part was actually broken. Did the officer testify that they wired it shut the first time? I thought I had seen a photo with a lock on it but maybe that was a later photo.

I also wanted to add that if that cam latch wasn't quite on right it could pop open and then the padlock or clip or wire or whatever was on there would experience too much pressure from the shifting trailer and would snap. The officer may not have known what she was looking at if she has not seen one before. If they then got lucky and latched it properly before putting a wire through the extra catch to get them the rest of the way it probably would have been fine. There are many things that could have affected it but I doubt it was tampered with.
Personally I don't think this will make or break the case anyway.

They only had need to wire it shut between Hamilton to Tillsonburg. It was locked between Kleinburg and Hamilton. Nobody knows why it wasn't padlocked on the second part of its journey. Officer testified that padlock wasn't broken, just doors not closed. I don't rule out anything, it may not break the case but it is an issue for the Crown IMO.

Now that they have laid out the path that DM and MS were travelling on May 6-7, do you think they will (after this) move on to the video evidence they found along that path? I am thinking the 10:10pm Brantford sighting and so on. Then the hangar surveillance.

I honestly don't need to see the hangar surveillance - nor do I want to. If LE and the Crown say this is where the incinerator was lit and used, that's good enough for me. :(

They only had need to wire it shut between Hamilton to Tillsonburg. It was locked between Kleinburg and Hamilton. Nobody knows why it wasn't padlocked on the second part of its journey. Officer testified that padlock wasn't broken, just doors not closed. I don't rule out anything, it may not break the case but it is an issue for the Crown IMO.

Sounds like it just didn't hook properly. Easy mistake to make. I guess the fact that no one asked for these specific details means they were not important to the crown or the defence. What really matters is that the door opened and the box came out. I bet that officer knows all about trailer doors now. I feel bad for her that this happened. It seems like a case of not knowing and bad luck. I'm sure she was mortified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!