Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Random Name and Tamarind's benefit: I don't want to beat a dead horse here but the contents would not be what puts the pressure on the door but the shifting of the entire trailer frame would do it. When a trailer drives away from you with the doors open you can actually see the sides and roof move. this is also affected by tire pressure, and the type of road surface, hills, bumps etc. The shifting of the door could easily break a little pad lock.
Inhave experienced this type of thing first hand trailering. This is my own opinion but hopefully it's helpful.

Thank you for your input. In your opinion, do you think someone tampered with the trailer or was the box falling out due to normal stress on the trailer (albeit poorly secured) and not nefarious actions?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1 Std.Vor 1 Stunde
Many texts in those critical hours of #Bosma test drive between Smich and girlfriend Meneses.

??? Not really profi like, I think.

I told my husband about this today, he uses these kinds of trailers every day.
He's convinced there must have been some kind of looky-loo (probably LE, definitely not implying anything malicious) in Hamilton. He says there's no way the trailer wouldn't have come unlatched between Kleinburg and Hamilton if it came unlatched between Hamilton and Tilsonburg UNLESS something else happened in Hamilton. It just doesn't make sense.
He says these doors are pretty idiot-proof, so I really don't get how this mistake happened.

Well most trailers aren't built by untrained staff in a makeshift chop shop so there's that.

MOO

Do we know it was a cam-lock system? I would like to see pics of the back of the trailer. We have doors at work that lock, but if you don't "lock" the top and bottoms (like in the cam-lock situation) they are not actually secure. Did it say anywhere in the testimony that the doors actually flew open? Or did it just say it wasn't secure? I may not be explaining this well.....going to reread the testimony....

Very unlikely. It's possible it was a flip up back door/ramp during the 2012 Baja trip. This is not a professional trailer system IMO.

MOO

A refresher. This does not look like a professional door lock system to me.

sy6phw.jpg

I would ASSUME so....but we haven't heard testimony confirming or refuting it. The doors held from Kleinberg to Hamilton but during an ascent from Hamilton to Tillsonburg the latch get go. (presumably bc of shifting of cargo toward the back...bc of the climb....and this put pressure on the doors) Lots of assumptions...but this makes sense to me....

It has to be a double door trailed where they meet in the middle. If a ramp door fell down in travel it would make a hell of a noise and the driver should have felt / heard something. Makes me think it was two swinging doors hinged left and right.

Police make mention of calling two tow trucks to move it. The correct truck is a pickup truck with a gooseneck hitch. Perhaps the tow truck had be towing the trailer on its hook or hitch which can be adjusted up and down hydraulically.

The first tow truck may have been towing the trailer level or nose down causing the doors to try to swing shut more.

The second trip perhaps the tow truck or second tow truck had the trailer on a slight incline making the doors want to swing open on their own.

Okay, fair enough. Not disagreeing, curious - So why do you think it didn't open between K and H, but only between H and T? IF the escarpment hill was steep enough to cause "pressure" as someone said, wouldn't that imply something was pressing on the doors? Something heavier than an empty box? I don't know anymore, it seems so ridiculous. lol :)

Just like with an airline disaster, repeated stress eventually breaks something.

MOO

Based on pictures of the back of the trailer as seen on a friend's fb, the trailer has two doors opening at the middle and what looks like a makeshift plywood ramp that folds down? We have to consider that as of the time of this murder, "employees" of DM were building another trailer so this one could also have been built by them. If there is a ramp that folds up before shutting the doors, I'd have to assume it would have come down on the highway before a box could fly out of the truck. I've heard nothing about that so the plywood ramp as seen in the photos is probably not hinged or was not there at the time that TB's truck was loaded into this trailer.

MOO

Are you able to provide a link or image to support this statement? Pardon my ignorance in advance if against the rules. TIA

For Random Name and Tamarind's benefit: I don't want to beat a dead horse here but the contents would not be what puts the pressure on the door but the shifting of the entire trailer frame would do it. When a trailer drives away from you with the doors open you can actually see the sides and roof move. this is also affected by tire pressure, and the type of road surface, hills, bumps etc. The shifting of the door could easily break a little pad lock.
Inhave experienced this type of thing first hand trailering. This is my own opinion but hopefully it's helpful.

Gravitation, physics.... and tenuously constructed doors with improper locking devices. "It's elementary my dear Watson" ;) It's not going to be a deciding factor of guilt or innocence of the perps.
MOO.

I believe what they are saying is that the Bate phone (which we are led to believe is the burner phone that DM was using) starting to ping off the same tower that MS phone was pinging. Translation: They were both in the same area. MOO

Yes one in either pocket I would imagine.

It has to be a double door trailed where they meet in the middle. If a ramp door fell down in travel it would make a hell of a noise and the driver should have felt / heard something. Makes me think it was two swinging doors hinged left and right.

Police make mention of calling two tow trucks to move it. The correct truck is a pickup truck with a gooseneck hitch. Perhaps the tow truck had be towing the trailer on its hook or hitch which can be adjusted up and down hydraulically.

The first tow truck may have been towing the trailer level or nose down causing the doors to try to swing shut more.

The second trip perhaps the tow truck or second tow truck had the trailer on a slight incline making the doors want to swing open on their own.

All newspaper reports so far from today indicate that it was the doors (plural) that opened. You can see the links in the media thread.

Good thinking about the tow truck and towing the trailer on a slight incline. We did see pictures of it being removed from Kleinburg by a pick up with the gooseneck hitch. Not sure how it was moved the second time. Would you call a regular pick up a tow truck because it came from a towing company?

Are you able to provide a link or image to support this statement? Pardon my ignorance in advance if against the rules. TIA

Unfortunately I cannot. We cannot link social media of unnamed suspects.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1 Std.Vor 1 Stunde
Many texts in those critical hours of #Bosma test drive between Smich and girlfriend Meneses.

??? Not really profi like, I think.

I'm wondering if Smitch told his girlfriend how it all went down, where TB was shot and who pulled the trigger. He has been quoted as telling her Bosma is gone, gone, gone. Wonder if he elaborated? Likewise DM's roommate. Would DM have shared details with him?

Can't wait till the day when MM and the roommate testify.

Do they still have the original texts or does the Crown only want the times and locations? I'm curious about the content of the texts.

I just saw the video of the truck and trailer driving by a home on CP24.

Thank you for your input. In your opinion, do you think someone tampered with the trailer or was the box falling out due to normal stress on the trailer (albeit poorly secured) and not nefarious actions?

IMHO the picture says a thousand words. This was just a poor addition of a latch for a lock. Normally when the latch is latched the handle is snug against the door and goes between two smaller latches that could be padlocked together in a secure manner. I'll try to find a picture. To me this is not the laid but the shifting of the trailer and the doors that would have snapped the lock.

I would ASSUME so....but we haven't heard testimony confirming or refuting it. The doors held from Kleinberg to Hamilton but during an ascent from Hamilton to Tillsonburg the latch get go. (presumably bc of shifting of cargo toward the back...bc of the climb....and this put pressure on the doors) Lots of assumptions...but this makes sense to me....

All newspaper reports so far from today indicate that it was the doors (plural) that opened. You can see the links in the media thread.

Good thinking about the tow truck and towing the trailer on a slight incline. We did see pictures of it being removed from Kleinburg by a pick up with the gooseneck hitch. Not sure how it was moved the second time. Would you call a regular pick up a tow truck because it came from a towing company?

The only time I've ever seen a "tow truck" towing a trailer was via the hydraulic cradle. Many tow trucks are regular pickup trucks in that they don't have the boom and hook, but extending out from underneath is the cradle. I doubt a tow truck from a towing company would have a truck in bed gooseneck hitch like the one that trailer owner would have used. I know when my gooseneck trailer is hooked to my truck it's very close to the rear bumper and the cradle of a tow truck would hit the trailer.

So, I think a true tow truck towed it, using the hydraulic cradle to attach to the trailer, and the height of those is variable. Also since the attachment point is so far beyond the trucks rear wheels any bumps are magnified and the trailer would have been bobbing up and down a lot more than its first trip to kleonberg.

There is only 1 cam lock bar securing both doors. Left door holds right door shut.

If the latch, cams, cam bar, or the tabs the cams lock into broke both doors would open. Or if the cams were not engaged in the tabs it would not matter if the handle was locked or not.

MOO

I saw the lights on the top of the truck (don't know what they are called). I will look for a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654