Bosma Murder Trial 02.10.16 - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's unfortunate that this happened with the trailer, are we to believe another box - a magic box - flew out as well, holding evidence that <modsnip> DM was set up by criminal masterminds? Sorry, Pillay, not buying it. An LE mistake for sure, but not a game changer.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:00 AM
The padlock was locked on the door, she says, but the door wasn't secured. "You didn't secure the trailer at that moment with another lock?" Pillay asks."I didn't have one," she answers. Pillay asks if she could have called for backup from the side of the road and another lock. "I guess I could have done a few things, but I secured it with a wire. That's all we had," she says.

It's over 150 km from Tinsmith Court to Tilsonburg. So ironic that the trailer burst open so close to the Bosma's home.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:01 AM
"You don't know if it's the same box," Pillay says. "I know it's the same box, I saw it come out of the trailer," she says. But it was also driven over by several cars, she says.

aaaaand, there it is.

While it's unfortunate that this happened with the trailer, are we to believe another box - a magic box - flew out as well, holding evidence that genuine DM was set up by criminal masterminds? Sorry, Pillay, not buying it. An LE mistake for sure, but not a game changer.

If anything they would have lost MORE evidence against his client. ;)

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:01 AM
Another officer seized another box in the area they thought was the box, but Trowbridge said it wasn't the right box.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:02 AM
That other box was small and white. She says the one that came out of the trailer was brown, larger in size, and had green on it.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:02 AM
The trailer also wasn't locked once it made it to Tillsonburg, she says. "I didn't have a lock to lock it."

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:03 AM
Pillay now done. Dungey is cross examining for Smich.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:03 AM
He just asks if the wire was still intact by the time the trailer got to the OPP facility. she says yes.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:04 AM
Now taking a morning recess. 20 minutes.

Sean Leathong &#8207;@SeanLCHCH 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Millard lawyer asks if Towbrige could have called back for another lock. She did not. @CHCHNews #Bosma #MillardSmich

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay: when pulled over, didn't call for another lock? No. But you could've? I guess we could've done a few things but we used wire #Bosma

Pillay asks again that importance of this scene was not lost on her. She agrees it was not. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account &#8207;@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay says officer didn't know box she found was one that came out of trailer 3.5 hours earlier. She insists it was the same box. #Bosma

Another officer had been dispatched to go look for box, but bright back and was wrong one. That's why she went back out herself later #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay really pressing the officer about the doors not being secured and the box flying out. #HamOnt #TimBosma #Bosma

Sean Leathong &#8207;@SeanLCHCH 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Towbridge says trailer door remained unlocked after it arrived in Tillsonburg. She did put a police seal on doors. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Sean Leathong &#8207;@SeanLCHCH 59s59 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Millard lawyer is finished, one question about lock from Smich lawyer. Towbridge steps down. @CHCHNews #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Dungey: that wire you placed on, when you got to OPP facility that was still in tact and the door was locked? Yes. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account &#8207;@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
She is done. And for the record her name was LAUREN TROUBRIDGE. Morning recess. #Bosma

Well just because she saw it fall out doesn't mean that it was in fact that very same box. And we all know that this ONE box is the staple for this whole investigation. Forget the truck, the trailer, the incinerator, the dna, the cell phones, etc etc.
Mistrial by box :rolleyes:

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:07 AM
Correction on the officer''s name - it's Lauren Troubridge. Really tough to hear some people stating their names before taking the witness box.

Adam Carter
Feb 10 2016 11:07 AM
Correction on the officer''s name - it's Lauren Troubridge. Really tough to hear some people stating their names before taking the witness box.

I'll never be able to read or type that word again without cringing.

It's a sinking feeling I have for her......... I can't even imagine how she feels right now, never mind when it happened...
My thoughts exactly. However, like redheart said, there is the possibility that that was the ONE box that contained all of the information and evidence of the masterminds of this crime. Not that I want to give DM too much credit, it seems odd to me that he made it all the way from Waterloo to Kleinburg without the back doors flying open. Could he have actually rigged the doors so if it was moved the contents would fall out? IMHO, the officer's lucky she didn't have a truck on the hood! MOO

It does appear, at least up to now, that the defence team has "reasonable doubt" as their only playing card. And their throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it right now.

My thoughts exactly. However, like redheart said, there is the possibility that that was the ONE box that contained all of the information and evidence of the masterminds of this crime. Not that I want to give DM too much credit, it seems odd to me that he made it all the way from Waterloo to Kleinburg without the back doors flying open. Could he have actually rigged the doors so if it was moved the contents would fall out? IMHO, the officer's lucky she didn't have a truck on the hood! MOO

Since it was his trailer, I assume he KNEW there was a glitch with the back doors and knew how to latch/lock them properly. I don't think he rigged anything, I think the LE on scene at MB's home that handled the doors just didn't know about the glitchy latch & assumed they were secure. EDITING to add: I never said they *opened* the back doors I said handled. I was sure I read that a lock was placed on the doors - and that's what I meant by handled. Putting a lock on a door would naturally cause one to assume they were secure.

Since it was his trailer, I assume he KNEW there was a glitch with the back doors and knew how to latch them properly. I don't think he rigged anything, I think the LE on scene at MB's home that handled the doors just didn't know about the glitchy latch & assumed they were secure.

Not sure if we've heard that LE at the scene even went in the back doors. They would have had to wait for the truck to pull it away from the garage. But just another reason perhaps why he was building a new trailer to go with his new truck to make it to Baja by the 15th. ;)

MOO

Someone already mentioned this but, if this is where the defense is jumping in with both feet, clearly they don't have much to work with. OMG THE BOX FELL OUT!!! THE EMPTY BOX!!!

So has anyone mentioned that green tarp blowing out the back of the trailer yet? Remember what the truck was sitting on at the hangar? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876