Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown looking through some documents at the moment, just a little bit of a hold up.
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM

Just a comment re: the Police Officer who took notes but is not here to testify. I don't see it as a huge thing. He's retired. He's not required to testify unless he was subpoenaed. It appears he wasn't subpoenaed because if he was, he would likely be there. He no longer works for LE and is not in their employ. His notes have been presented, another officer, who was there with him, took 666 photographs, made her own notes, just not as detailed as his, and police protocol was observed. (Whether Dungey likes it or not that the entire thing wasn't videotaped). If Dungey doesn't like the fact that one police officer has retired but other members of the team are there to testify "tough beans". Yelling at a witness isn't going to win him any brownie points, however, he MUST do whatever he can to defend his client and that's what he's doing. Game On! I think he "got the memo" that his client is in deep trouble and decided over the weekend he'd better step up and make some noise. MOO

• Trailer doors flying open with items falling out on the highway
  • Leaving the trailer in a commercial garage with no officers stationed to guard it - possible contamination of the scene
  • Investigators not wearing proper clothing when initially entering the trailer - possible contamination of the scene
  • No documentation of the forensic process - not necessarily a violation of procedure, but could hurt the credibility of the investigation

All of this makes LE look somewhat careless. Not as careless as DM and MS, of course, but I would expect better from LE.

*What item(s) flew out? We only have evidence of one cardboard box flying out of trial during transportation.
*How so...contamination? There was a seal placed on the rear door before it was towed from MB's driveway. Where did you read there was no guard stationed in the garage to guard the trailer? IMO I do not believe this is common LE practice for a secure garage with no doubt would have locks on the entry doors and perhaps outside/inside surveillance.
*The officer who entered the trailer in MB's driveway suited up in white overalls IIRC. I will try and find that tweet.
*There is documentation. From the retired forensics tech, who now lives in Florida. McLellan has his report in front of her. And McLellan's 666 photographs. Also there may be other techs who made documentation who may testify yet. IMO none of this makes LE look careless. HTH and MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4h
Dungey demanding to know why she didn't photograph/video entire exam process. "I could have, but I didn't," she says. Not police practice.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4h4 hours ago
McLellan explaining cramped quarters made video difficult. "We chose not to do it." She does not seem flustered by Dungey

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4h4 hours ago
He asks while the whole examination was not videotaped. She says I guess we could've but we didn't. We don't do that in practice.

That is not actually an accurate picture of the model he purchased. Not sure if we can find a link with the correct one.

That was the only model on the site for the company he bought it from. Says 500lb Eliminator.

Is it? I often have a car full of junk depending on what I am doing in any given week. Today I have piles of clothes to take to someone who may want them. A pail, a box of cleaning stuff and an old plant stand. In the front theres a pile of papers where I tipped out a bag while looking for something and two empty cups from Tim Hortons. :coffeews:

I bet you don't have a receipt for an incinerator.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
That amount includes burners, freight. Customer named "Shane." Jury knows Shane worked at Millardair.

BBM I think that would hurt them and they knew it. The only opening they had was to challenge the memory of the officer testifying and to keep pointing out that the notes she had were from a retired officer. If they subpoenaed him they would basically be bringing in an even stronger witness. MOO

If he is giving an international address I doubt he can be subpoenaed. JMO

Why would he be carrying a document like the incinerator purchase in his car?

Perhaps DM had plans on returning the incinerator for a refund at some point? Frugal? MOO.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
500 lbs cremator unit purchased june 2012 was delivered to Millard Hangar. Meant for burning deceased farm animals. @AM900CHML #timbosma

I wonder, what was DM's explanation to his father?

That is not actually an accurate picture of the model he purchased. Not sure if we can find a link with the correct one.

There's pictures of it 3 yrs ago if you go back to the incinerator threads.

Pillay and Dungey don't cross examine. Gordon is now finished.
by Adam Carter 4:14 PM

Crown looking through some documents at the moment, just a little bit of a hold up.
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM
Nothing screams "I'm being framed!!" like a missing man's key on your keychain and a receipt for an incinerator in the back of your car. IIRC, they did not know that TB was dead when they were conducting the search on the Yukon. What??? No cross??

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Exam of Yukon was May 16, 2013 to 12:20 am May 17, when officers sealed everything and left to get some sleep. Returned next day at 4:50 pm.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Crown Brett Moodie done with questions. No cross from Pillay or Dungey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo