Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in that under ground police garage years ago. There is plenty of ceiling height for that trailer. They also use this garage to park large emergency and tactical vehicles.

The Crown is now calling Ryan Tocher as a witness.
by Adam Carter 4:15 PM

Tocher says he's an officer with Hamilton police. In May of 2013 he was in the homicide unit.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
With @HamiltonPolice since 2003. May 2013 assigned to homicide unit. He was asked to test the #Bosma truck key.

He took the keys from Millard's SUV and went to the OPP identification facility in Tillsonburg, Ont.
by Adam Carter 4:19 PM

He wrote key's serial number in his notes. #Bosma

May 30 he got key from forensics office at 11:15 am. Went to OPP garage in Tillsonburg at 12:36 pm.

By this time, Bosma's truck was in a container at the OPP facility.
by Adam Carter 4:21 PM

*What item(s) flew out? We only have evidence of one cardboard box flying out of trial during transportation.
*How so...contamination? There was a seal placed on the rear door before it was towed from MB's driveway. Where did you read there was no guard stationed in the garage to guard the trailer? IMO I do not believe this is common LE practice for a secure garage with no doubt would have locks on the entry doors and perhaps outside/inside surveillance.
*The officer who entered the trailer in MB's driveway suited up in white overalls IIRC. I will try and find that tweet.
*There is documentation. From the retired forensics tech, who now lives in Florida. McLellan has his report in front of her. And McLellan's 666 photographs. Also there may be other techs who made documentation who may testify yet. IMO none of this makes LE look careless. HTH and MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4h
Dungey demanding to know why she didn't photograph/video entire exam process. "I could have, but I didn't," she says. Not police practice.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4h4 hours ago
McLellan explaining cramped quarters made video difficult. "We chose not to do it." She does not seem flustered by Dungey

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4h4 hours ago
He asks while the whole examination was not videotaped. She says I guess we could've but we didn't. We don't do that in practice.

Your post made me wonder if there is video from the car / dash camera that was following the trailer to Tillsonburg, that shows the doors opening and what fell out of the trailer.

Or perhaps it didn't have a camera, since it was an undercover police car.

Tocher broke the seal and tried remotely locking and unlocking Bosma's truck. It worked. Then he got in and started the truck itself.

"It started?" assistant Crown Brett Moodie asks. "Yes, I went up through the bed and in through the driver's side window and it started," Tocher says.
by Adam Carter 4:23 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Tocher says "Yes, it's the key." Arrived at OPP garage at 1:40 pm. He broke seal on #Bosma truck. He remotely locked and unlocked truck.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
He also used key to start engine. Then resealed truck. No cross exam. #Bosma

The jury is now excused. We're done for the day.
by Adam Carter 4:24 PM

I guess it would depend who actually ordered it and why jmo

I doubt Shane had the authority to order a $15,000+ incinerator out of the MillardAir purse on his own signature without the boss knowing what it was for.

I doubt Shane had the authority to order a $15,000+ incinerator out of the MillardAir purse on his own signature without the boss knowing what it was for.

The very idea that he could have, or would have, is really rather ludicrous. It's not like he was ordering Dominoes pizza for the guys & putting it on the MillardAir expense account.

Why would he be carrying a document like the incinerator purchase in his car?

Because he keeps everything out in the open, and does not attempt to hide anything, according to his lawyer. Much sarcasm intended ! MOO

Why would he be carrying a document like the incinerator purchase in his car?

I suspect he was in the process of relocating the document so that it wouldn't be found? Oopsies...

So the Yukon was messy, the trailer was messy with various things being heaved into it, DM's house was a mess....it's really hard to clean up everything when there is no order to things. No wonder he got caught. He's messy in life in general and that eventually comes back to haunt you when there are sooooo many loose ends dangling in the breeze. Just an observation. MOO

"won't testify" = refuses to testify
"won't testify" = won't be testifying cause somebody else who was there with him has his nice detailed notes.

Take your pick and keep playing devil's advocate. It's all in how you interpret the wording, and how the words are rearranged in the tweets.

I agree w/you. I'm not sure how to double quote so as to also include original poster, but this is my add on to your thoughts to them.

It is a gross misrepresentation to SAY that a police officer would
a) "refuse" to testify -- they certainly know it is a natural extension of their work, and are expected to do this with frequency. And
b) this fails to account for the fact that they would be compelled by the prosecution if it were deemed necessary.

I find this characterization really offensive--not only misleading, but an insult to LE. My understanding is this is supposed to be a LE supportive forum. There's a lot of things being stated here that are IMO really slanderous.

I trust SS will take the stand to explain all about the need for ordering the incinerator. I wonder if his testimony will factor into the DI in Laura's case.

I agree w/you. I'm not sure how to double quote so as to also include original poster, but this is my add on to your thoughts to them.

It is a gross misrepresentation to SAY that a police officer would
a) "refuse" to testify -- they certainly know it is a natural extension of their work, and are expected to do this with frequency. And
b) this fails to account for the fact that they would be compelled by the prosecution if it were deemed necessary.

I find this characterization really offensive--not only misleading, but an insult to LE. My understanding is this is supposed to be a LE supportive forum. There's a lot of things being stated here that are IMO really slanderous.

:goodpost:

We're in Canada eh. Could probably leave all that stuff in an unlocked car with the windows down all day long and no one would touch it.

Oh, I see. Test driving would be much more dangerous in Canada ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo