Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian HumphreysVerified account ‏@AD_Humphreys 58s58 seconds ago
500-pound incinerator, it's accessories and shipping cost $15,424.50, invoiced to Millardair, Dellen Millard's aviation company. #TimBosma

***Should have bought a truck instead. :notgood:

Not finished reading yet but Millardair was Wayne Millard's company at the time of this purchase. Wonder if Wayne asked about it?

Not sure why he'd keep his outdated bank cards, but he did. I've gone through two of those in the past year. And I've got at least four credit cards as well, even though I only carry one. Dillon seemed like he may have been short on cash and he probably needed multiple cards. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul if you get my drift.

And we don't know if his fathers will had finished probate. This may have been the only way to access money until that estate is all settled.

It remains perfectly possible that a credible reason for owning an incinerator will be presented in the defense case, though what that might be is hard to anticipate from here. If no such credible reason exists, the date of purchase certainly opens the door for premeditation in the LB case if evidence ultimately suggests that it figured in her disappearance. It's shocking how possible it is, though completely speculative at this point, that DM truly was a raging serial killer hopeful.

Which witness are you guys looking forward to the most?

I'm most curious about what CN has to say......but all of the "friends" will be interesting testimony IMO (SS, AM, CN, MM)

Question....would DM's lawyer have access to CN before the trial? Totally going off of TV, but wouldn't the Crown have the opportunity to "prep" the witness? (ie: go over testimony....not tell her what to say for those who want to twist "prep") Does it matter if CN is considered a hostile witness? (like has been subpoenaed to testify) Assuming if she is a cooperating Crown witness she would not want to speak to DM's lawyers prior to the trial....but if she is a hostile witness would she be allowed to speak to them? Just my rambling thoughts....TIA to you knowledgeable sleuthers....

I'm most curious about what CN has to say......but all of the "friends" will be interesting testimony IMO (SS, AM, CN, MM)

Question....would DM's lawyer have access to CN before the trial? Totally going off of TV, but wouldn't the Crown have the opportunity to "prep" the witness? (ie: go over testimony....not tell her what to say for those who want to twist "prep") Does it matter if CN is considered a hostile witness? (like has been subpoenaed to testify) Assuming if she is a cooperating Crown witness she would not want to speak to DM's lawyers prior to the trial....but if she is a hostile witness would she be allowed to speak to them? Just my rambling thoughts....TIA to you knowledgeable sleuthers....

Any conditions that exist with regard to no contact are not considered to be in force in the presence of a lawyer, from what I understand

So the purchase of the incinerator on June 21st tells me Laura's murder was planned well in advance. Disgusting.

Millardair MRO's fiscal year may have run from June 1 to May 31, many businesses don't use the calendar year as their fiscal year. Also, I have worked for a few companies and not one of them has handed over original receipts to the accountant. They have always been kept at the company's head office. That said, if in fact it was purchased for any kind of a legitimate reason/business expense, it would have been normal had it simply been filed away in a cabinet in a locked office at the hangar, but the fact that he dug it out to carry it with him, speaks volumes. I wonder if LE knew about the incinerator before finding the receipt in the Yukon, or if he gave away his hand right there, causing them to look even amongst clumps of trees on his properties for this fifteen thousand dollar asset.

I was only speculating - should have put an ?? at the end of my post. In any case, I believe he had that particular receipt with him to either dispose of hide elsewhere before the paper trail could be connected back to him. But he's sloppy and stupid, so there's that.

So the purchase of the incinerator on June 21st tells me Laura's murder was planned well in advance. Disgusting.

Well, I don't know if we can make that particular leap just yet? Obviously he planned to use for *something* but without something else to go on it'd just be speculation to assume it was specifically for her. Ugh, I hated typing that.

What was going on in June with Laura Babcock:

That June, Thomas Ryan called his niece to talk about his upcoming wedding near the end of the month. She told him she wanted to bring a new date, but was upset when Ryan said no.
“She said he’d be taking her travelling for a little bit. She was impressed that he was a good photographer and had money and a good-looking fella,” Ryan said about the new flame he now believes was Millard. Babcock never showed up to the wedding.

I wonder where her new boyfriend was planning on taking her?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ck_leaves_lingering_questions_for_police.html

How does it tell you that? We have no idea where Laura is as nobody / no body has been found, alive or dead. Do you have any links that say she is/was in the incinerator?

thanks so much to everybody who is compiling/reporting tweets. this case is as fascinating as it is heartbreaking and i have been keeping the entire Bosma family in my thoughts. it must be so very hard for them to sit in that court room every day.

a random question to the posters who have been here a long time, and "involved" in other cases. has it ever come out that somebody close to the accused has posted in threads like this? just curious.

praying for justice for Tim & his family. they are the ONLY victims in this trial, IMO.

This thread moved really fast today so I don't know if anyone answered this. I know in my experience here on WS I've heard of it happening but have never participated in the threads where it was said to have taken place (that I'm aware of, anyway). There have been other cases where, many were *certain* that's what was going on, but I don't know if was ever proven. I know, not much of an answer. Maybe someone else can give a more concise one?

Question. Is Police able to actually retrieve the content of the text messages between the accused ? Obviously they can if the messages are still on their phones, but how about deleted text messages? Can that be retrieved ? And will any text messages be presented in court as evidence ? I would assume so right?

What was going on in June with Laura Babcock:

That June, Thomas Ryan called his niece to talk about his upcoming wedding near the end of the month. She told him she wanted to bring a new date, but was upset when Ryan said no.
“She said he’d be taking her travelling for a little bit. She was impressed that he was a good photographer and had money and a good-looking fella,” Ryan said about the new flame he now believes was Millard. Babcock never showed up to the wedding.

I wonder where her new boyfriend was planning on taking her?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ck_leaves_lingering_questions_for_police.html

I'm guessing that if it were DM, I doubt that he would be referred to as a photographer, when she could have chosen pilot instead, or heir to an aviation company. JMO

Question. Is Police able to actually retrieve the content of the text messages between the accused ? Obviously they can if the messages are still on their phones, but how about deleted text messages? Can that be retrieved ? And will any text messages be presented in court as evidence ? I would assume so right?

Deleted text messages indeed can be retrieved (some personal experience with cell tech experts) but we don't know if any of that will even be presented as evidence.

thanks so much to everybody who is compiling/reporting tweets. this case is as fascinating as it is heartbreaking and i have been keeping the entire Bosma family in my thoughts. it must be so very hard for them to sit in that court room every day.

a random question to the posters who have been here a long time, and "involved" in other cases. has it ever come out that somebody close to the accused has posted in threads like this? just curious.

praying for justice for Tim & his family. they are the ONLY victims in this trial, IMO.

Yes. In the Tori Stafford case, one ex-girlfriend and one current girlfriend of the male suspect were posting on the threads. One "best friend" of the accused as well. They were mainly posting in defense of the male suspect.

It's basically impossible that the scenario above HASN'T happened at some point. After all, people associated with *victims* regularly post and get verified as insiders. I don't envy the mods the legal and forum-moderation nuances of dealing with that.

Deleted text messages indeed can be retrieved (some person experience with cell tech experts) but we don't know if any of that will even be presented as evidence.

Given the history of stupidity by the accused I wouldn't be surprised if they talked about what they've done via text messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966