Bosma Murder Trial 02.16.16 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He SAID that but did he videotape this as proof? *sarcasm*

It sounds ridiculous but don't be surprised if Dungey asks! I'm sure he will use an elevated, sharp tone in his voice, so as to intimidate the witness and just raise the general stress level of everyone in the room.

My thought exactly- but IMHO, he knew LE had their eye on him, but didn't have a clue to what degree. IMO, the main thing on his mind would be to move the truck, maybe even destroy it- but to do that he'd need the key to unlock the wheels to get it out of the trailer. MOO

I think he figured by moving it and hiding it at his moms he'd leave there for a bit as the heat was on at the hangar. Once the police came, looked around and didn't see the truck the heat would be off. He'd then look back at getting the truck done when things quieted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Like everything a defense lawyer throws up in the air should be taken as gossip. If an officer have some sort of disease and would say I "can't testify because I have a disease which would render my testimony invalide" (like dementia, Alzheimer's or brain damage from an accident), it could be construed/ turned into refusal by the defense lawyer.

I'm just guessing here but I think if the officer in Florida is really that sick, too I'll to testify, he wouldn't be in Florida, he would be back in Ontario where his medical expenses would be covered

You know there is a long-standing theme given today's testimony...

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2..._mother_sells_family_home_for_12_million.html

...the evidence shows DM is a slob.

So much for his fine upbringing.

I think the police would have gone through his car and bag with a fine toothed comb, which may explain any untidiness. I hear they leave a dreadful mess when they raid homes too, found a few articles about it. This may explain the mess at Maple Gate Court.

Just now catching up but I suspect defense KNOWS videotaping evidence gathering isn't standard protocol but threw that out there to cause the jury to doubt the evidence gathering was as professional as it could have been. Because, he knows he's got nothing else to go with.

It sounds ridiculous but don't be surprised if Dungey asks! I'm sure he will use an elevated, sharp tone in his voice, so as to intimidate the witness and just raise the general stress level of everyone in the room.

I doubt it. This is evidence against DM. He's probably not even going to cross. ;)

MOO

I think the police would have gone through his car and bag with a fine toothed comb, which may explain any untidiness. I hear they leave a dreadful mess when they raid homes too, found a few articles about it.

The pictures were from BEFORE LE entered the vehicle......LE did not make the mess.

I think the police would have gone through his car and bag with a fine toothed comb, which may explain any untidiness. I hear they leave a dreadful mess when they raid homes too, found a few articles about it.

LE found the Yukon in a state of YUK. Full of mud and garbage. That's not LE's fault. That's DM living like a pig.

Ok so not sure where you're going with this ...
If there's 3 bank cards one was valid from RBC and the other 2 replacements cards from RBC, what do you think that means?
Also, 4 credit cards means nothing. How many does the average person own?
Visa, MasterCard, then there's places like The Brick, Leons, the list is endless ...

Not sure why he'd keep his outdated bank cards, but he did. I've gone through two of those in the past year. And I've got at least four credit cards as well, even though I only carry one. Dillon seemed like he may have been short on cash and he probably needed multiple cards. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul if you get my drift.

So now LE made the mess in the Yukon? Seriously?? Hoo boy....

I'm just guessing here but I think if the officer in Florida is really that sick, too I'll to testify, he wouldn't be in Florida, he would be back in Ontario where his medical expenses would be covered

He is retired. He is not required to testify in every case that is sitting in the court dockets for the next however many years that he took notes for. I'm sure this happens often in court cases. DM and MS are just not that special. Their lawyers should get over it.

MOO

There was another tweet which I am looking for that said refused and that was what I was initially responding to. If I find it I will post it. In my opinion if someone were to ask me to testify and I said no I won't I would be refusing. I can't think of anything that would prevent an ex officer from testifying unless he is unable to commute or talk JMO. He could always have sent an affidavit or appear by video/skype., as a suggestion. Do we have a first name for this officer? I thought I saw somewhere it was a David Banks?.

We don't know that the officer said "no". The Crown may have told him it wasn't necessary. We just don't know, so go with Dungey's wording of "won't testify". This is a trial, so we don't state something as fact unless there is a link where Dungey is quoted directly as saying he "refused".

Yep. I think it is as simple as he's retired, living in Florida and he is only one of many officers involved in this particular part of the process. His notes fill in for him. I am imagining, "Bosma trial, do you want to testify?" "Do you need me?" "Not really" "Ok...I'll stay in warm Florida." I'm also betting that if him being there would be the difference between a conviction and them going free...he'd be there today. MOO

thanks so much to everybody who is compiling/reporting tweets. this case is as fascinating as it is heartbreaking and i have been keeping the entire Bosma family in my thoughts. it must be so very hard for them to sit in that court room every day.

a random question to the posters who have been here a long time, and "involved" in other cases. has it ever come out that somebody close to the accused has posted in threads like this? just curious.

praying for justice for Tim & his family. they are the ONLY victims in this trial, IMO.

Just now catching up but I suspect defense KNOWS videotaping evidence gathering isn't standard protocol but threw that out there to cause the jury to doubt the evidence gathering was as professional as it could have been. Because, he knows he's got nothing else to go with.

He's probably hoping the jury is filled with CSI watchers who don't know that this is not actually standard procedure. MOO

I think he figured by moving it and hiding it at his moms he'd leave there for a bit as the heat was on at the hangar. Once the police came, looked around and didn't see the truck the heat would be off. He'd then look back at getting the truck done when things quieted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DM had the trailer parked right up against MB's garage door. How easy would it have been for him to simply open the garage door and unload the truck into MB's garage and then drive the rest of the stuff to the dump- he needed that key to unload the truck. LE would have had to get a warrant to search MB's garage and IMHO, they wouldn't have had a good reason. IMO, Even the video showing the trailer arriving wouldn't give them enough to convince a JoP that TB's truck was in MB's garage. IMO, DM just didn't have enough time to clear the evidence.

Re DM's Yukon and the mess of credit cards, driver's license, health card ... never ever fear of robberies, carjacking ...???

No one knows what sort of extra insurance he or his family has. But that's beside the question.
Wouldn't the defense subpoenaed him, compelled him to testify if he did not have a valid reason not to appear?
And his notes were there with another officer who also was part of the testings. I don't see the problem either way.

Court now resuming.
by Adam Carter 3:55 PM

No one knows what sort of extra insurance he or his family has. But that's beside the question.
Wouldn't the defense subpoenaed him, compelled him to testify if he did not have a valid reason not to appear?
And his notes were there with another officer who also was part of the testings. I don't see the problem either way.

BBM I think that would hurt them and they knew it. The only opening they had was to challenge the memory of the officer testifying and to keep pointing out that the notes she had were from a retired officer. If they subpoenaed him they would basically be bringing in an even stronger witness. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966