Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! :rolleyes: Sure...if you were 400 yards onto someone's private property and you turned around...you could EASILY see the incinerator tucked into the trees. You know..the casual person walking along a country road who happens to veer into a field in error.

And the whole "so no one told you to stay off the property" thing is ridiculous. "My client clearly wasn't hiding anything or he would have asked these guys to stay off his property." How often was DM at the farm? And how often was this guy visiting from Toronto to ride dirt bikes? The odds of them ever crossing paths would be worse than winning the lottery. I would bet that if DM was there and the bike came near, he would have had a word. MOO

BBM - Or found himself at the end of a gun barrel and then in the incinerator also. MOO.

I think that was the reason for the long legal arguments delay this morning - likely a last ditch attempt by the legal team to prevent the incinerator evidence from being entered because it was discovered by a "trespasser".

However, given the biker's assurance that he paid for the right to use the land with beer "cold and open, properly" - meaning sitting down with the farmer and sharing - there was a real agreement between the man that rented DM's land and the biker. Basically DM gave up his right to privacy on his land by renting it out, and that renter gave permission for the biker to be on the land.

There was a lot of discussion by DM's supporters way back when that the biker's testimony and the discovery of the incinerator should be excluded because the biker was trespassing. Apparently, he wasn't - he had a right to be there.
Correct. IMHO, the lessee of the property has a right to "quiet enjoyment" of the land he was leasing- meaning he can legally do whatever he wants to do with the land- as long as it conforms with all levels of laws. If the Lessee wanted to grant rights to neighbours,friend of neighbours, hunters etc to use the land he was leasing for any legal purpose, that was entirely up to him. IMHO, the person who was actually guilty of trespassing was the Lessor- or DM himself- seeing that DM used some of the land DM had leased to him for his own criminal purposes. MOO

Everything I posted today came from the mobile version of Adam Carter's live blog. Should be linked to today's CBC coverage. If you can't find it I'll try to dig it up when I'm not on my phone.

:tyou: I did scroll through AC's but didn't see it. Will look again. I just thought there might have been another tweet to clarify WHO Main was meaning when he said he had snowmobiled with someone; new neighbours or DM. I suspect the present owner. But he does say he didn't know DM and doesn't know the new owner by name. MOO.

Correct. IMHO, the lessee of the property has a right to "quiet enjoyment" of the land he was leasing- meaning he can legally do whatever he wants to do with the land- as long as it conforms with all levels of laws. If the Lessee wanted to grant rights to neighbours,friend of neighbours, hunters etc to use the land he was leasing for any legal purpose, that was entirely up to him. IMHO, the person who was actually guilty of trespassing was the Lessor- or DM himself- seeing that DM used some of the land DM had leased to him for his own criminal purposes. MOO

Where is the link that says DM rented out his land? I thought he was referring to the farm beside DM that he had permission to ride on?

When all is said and done, and all the evidence the Crown has against these two creeps is finally revealed, I think it's entirely possible DM, and DM alone, will have earned himself a place in the Canadian Hall of Shame for the category of Single Most Stupid Criminal, ever. His sheer arrogance blinded him into believing he'd actually get away with this. Ugh.

Exactly, the level of depravity. It's painful enough to deal with the death of a loved one but to hear what those two did to him is just unthinkable. It's the kind of horror that movies are made of, not what happens to someone you know, or the guy who lives down the road. :(
And we haven't even touched on the blood evidence LE say they have on the incinerator. It's nice that DM can read all of this while he's in jail- he'll have lots of time to read it over and over and over again for the rest of his days while he's holed up in protective segregation- just like PB, RP, RW and the rest of the serial gang. MOO

Where is the link that says DM rented out his land? I thought he was referring to the farm beside DM that he had permission to ride on?

[video=twitter;699987958124818432]https://twitter.com/SeanLCHCH/status/699987958124818432[/video]

I don't know the legalities regarding the leasing of property with respect to farming. However, I can tell you that we hunt farmers' fields that are leased out to "other" farmers. In all circumstances, we have been referred back to the Owner for permission to hunt and be on the property as well as providing Insurance that covers us and the OWNER of the property. What I can also say is that the Owner gives us written permission and tells us to respect the crops and any livestock that are on the property. We never have received permission from the Lessee.

You have to realize that dirt biker CM thought of the land he was riding on as being TP's, by rights. It was natural for him to report to his friend any weird things going on on the land that he rented. Given this, it was totally understandable that CM took photos of the incinerator to show the farmer TP.

CM's friend lived on an adjacent farm, and that is no doubt how he came to know TP.

I don't know the legalities regarding the leasing of property with respect to farming. However, I can tell you that we hunt farmers' fields that are leased out to "other" farmers. In all circumstances, we have been referred back to the Owner for permission to hunt and be on the property as well as providing Insurance that covers us and the OWNER of the property. What I can also say is that the Owner gives us written permission and tells us to respect the crops and any livestock that are on the property. We never have received permission from the Lessee.

That's probably what the lawyers were arguing this morning for 2 hours - did CM have a right to be there? Apparently the answer is yes.

I may be wrong on this, but it's a combination between this tweet and the fact that there was "corn" growing in DM's field. AFAIK, DM did not do any type of farming. IMO, the barn he was talking about was DM's barn and the land was the Roseville farm. I'll wait for the slides to come out and retract if necessary.

Feb 17 2016 11:04 AM

Fraser asking about a barn on one of the properties that Main would ride on. The farmer who owned the property would lease/rent some areas of the property, Main says.
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn
Adam Carter

This is cool...

[video=twitter;700095942603776001]https://twitter.com/AnnB03/status/700095942603776001[/video]

I don't think you recall how big a story this was at the time and how media was covering it. Did anybody come forward and say they saw a fire? Did anyone say the saw the incinerator? Nope, not a word until cops actually descended upon Millards farm. If not for that, nobody would have seen or noticed a thing.

I do recall how big this story was, I have been here since the beginning. One of the neighbours did take a pic of the eliminator and post it on social media, they did call it in to LE. Many many tips did come in, it was reported in the media that LE had a tough time keeping up to them.

This is cool...

[video=twitter;700095942603776001]https://twitter.com/AnnB03/status/700095942603776001[/video]

Sounds like she's the go to expert for this type of scenario. Sigh.... She certainly knows her stuff!

So since the Yukon was moved on from today, does that mean no blood, dna or gsr was found there? Or will they go back to it later?

I do recall how big this story was, I have been here since the beginning. One of the neighbours did take a pic of the eliminator and post it on social media, they did call it in to LE. Many many tips did come in, it was reported in the media that LE had a tough time keeping up to them.

It's CM the dirt biker that took the pictures, and he only showed them to Le when they showed up at the farm on the 11th when he was out biking. He had been there the day before (10th) too.

<modsnip>

Well if you are going by what DM said himself, his protestations of innocence...if you just focussed on that...he's so absolute in declaring his innocence and non-involvement, and he claims everything that was in the papers prior to the trial was not in his disclosure and I quote, "bull****". I mean this guy didn't just say he didn't do it, he yelled "innocent" from the mountain tops (newspaper interviews, letters to friends).

That might be enough for a friend to develop a great distrust of the media and LE...until the full story came out. Now that we are at the trial phase, all the rumours are being substantiated.

<modsnip>IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members