Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Crown asks Huys to describe a long rod with flat metal end that was attached to the eliminator. Dungey objects, says it is speculation.

What is this? Some sort of stoker/poker?

But why would Dungey object, and not Pillay? Unless he was just the quickest..

There was once a video showing how the incinerator works when the Super Nova website was still around. I'm thinking that this is the rake/hoe like utensil that was used to pull the ashes out of the bottom section when emptying.

Maybe it was Dungey who objected because it wasn't DM's fingerprints they found on it. Just a guess.

Seeing a human stand inside this thing makes you realize this was not purchased to burn a bit of garbage or car parts as some have suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautifully written piece tonight by Clairmont:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...family-bear-witness-as-grim-photos-displayed/

The Bosma family has known the details of Tim's murder and the fate of his remains for nearly three years now. But likely nothing could prepare them for the horror of seeing photos of bones in a crowded courtroom, while seated just a stretch away from the men accused of reducing their loved one to that.

Smich and Millard, as always, sat side by side — although distinctly not together — at a table, each with his own screen directly in front of him. Neither man showed any reaction to the pictures of the bones.

Nor did they flinch when shown photos of The Eliminator itself, a massive beast so large that the forensic anthropologist, Dr. Tracy Rogers from University of Toronto, is seen deep inside it, painstakingly collecting bits of debris and dust.

Debris and dust.

I know not everyone believes DM is guilty of this heinous crime. Despite the mountain of evidence and the slew of experts in various areas (because clearly, that could all be wrong, mistaken, whatever?). But what I'd really love to see, is someone explain away all that, and explain how he had nothing to do with the death of Tim Bosma. Oddly enough I've never actually seen anyone explain that.

The daily trial threads are for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only. The thread is not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc.

Please discuss trial evidence/testimony only. All off-topic posts will be removed.

:tyou:

<modsnip> So explain all the bone fragments a bone etc in this thing. Including blood of the deceased. It's a device used to cremate large animals to dust. Yet some how a human should be there body and all.

Just waiting on more testimony - as yet nothing has been proven other than a few bones and a tooth. Haven't heard any testimony to say anything was proven in regard to where the bones originated. Just keeping on par with the trial to date. HTH

OMG the incinerator is much bigger than I expected.

Awww how awful for TB's loved one to have to sit in the courtroom and see all this. So devastating and heartbreaking. What a nightmare for them. MOO:tears:
As much as I have followed Tim's case since he went missing, I can honestly say that I was not prepared with the fury and disgust I feel at the horrifying sight of that Incinerator.

How horrific and evil is the sight of that thing?

How many other victims were "eliminated" in there?

HOW DARE THEY?

How can those <modsnip> sit there and look at that - knowing what they did?

It is beyond murder - it is a whole other level of deprivation.

Be careful folks. When you try to imagine what goes on in the mind of depraved lunatics, you go places you may wish you hadn't.

Thinking of the Bosma family and friends during this dark time.

There was once a video showing how the incinerator works when the Super Nova website was still around. I'm thinking that this is the rake/hoe like utensil that was used to pull the ashes out of the bottom section when emptying.

Maybe it was Dungey who objected because it wasn't DM's fingerprints they found on it. Just a guess.

I wonder if there is video evidence coming up of his client using a rod when the video of the eliminator comes up.

Actually, flipflop was here, following the media along with many of us. We know how big the story was. Someone did post a picture of the Eliminator on twitter. There was a big uproar here from <modsnip>, vilifying the <modsnip> neighbours.

Vilifying the <modsnip> neighbours who didn't even notice a noxious bonfire fueled with accelerant, probably in the middle of the night, on an uninhabited neighbouring farm property? As helpful as the dirtbike fellow turned out to be, he probably never would have called in his new 'find', since there was likely no way for him to make the connection between the property and the incarcerated suspect. I am seriously shocked that the neighbours didn't notice and report that fire. It's one thing to be easygoing about fellow farmers burning debris, but this was likely in the night at an uninhabited unused farm property which was probably huge due to the accelerant used. It can't be compared to just your average farmer burning rubbish, imho.

I must say, when I finally saw the image of the death machine (proper name "incinerator" or the "terminator" just so not to confuse anyone with what I'm referring to) with the expert standing inside it, I was dumb-struck by how big it really is. I have so many things to say... none appropriate for myself as a Christian, or the TOS of this forum.

I think the forensic anthropologist was squatting in there, not standing. Still shocking to see. JMO

I think the forensic anthropologist was squatting in there, not standing. Still shocking to see. JMO

Maybe she was sat down on some plastic, she looked too comfortable to be squatting, but I could be wrong...

I know I read two tweets today one that said she was standing and another of her squatting. I'm not sure which this image is with her head poking out but either way it clearly shows how massive this thing is. :(

I know I read two tweets today one that said she was standing and another of her squatting. I'm not sure which this image is with her head poking out but either way it clearly shows how massive this thing is. :(

It was mentioned as being 10 feet tall, but I don't know how much of that is the main cremation chamber, nor how much of that is accounted for by the trailer.

Also, IMHO, you don't send idiots in to do a smart mans job. From the reports today, that's a pretty complex piece of equipment. SO COMPLEX that the forensic anthropologist was right inside of it picking out bone fragments and scooping up ashes from the interior nooks and crannies of the burn chamber. I'd be really stretching my cranium mass to think that either DM or MS had the guts to get into the incinerator to clean it out properly. Well, if they did, I'm sure they'd have to wear diapers. IMO, it was probably cleaned out sufficiently for them to use again. Perhaps there was something in the incinerator that made the AG issue a DI in the LB case? IMO, we wouldn't hear about that at this trial. MOO

Maybe there was no need to clean it out as there was nothing in there of a criminal nature. It was left out in the open after all, and a vacuum would have sucked up ash, if it was thought to hold anything incriminating.

BBM - So are you suggesting he's lying on the stand? What would be the benefit of that. He's testifying under oath. And we know there is a lot of information held back prior to the trial. IMO I doubt he just threw that out there. IIRC there were photos way back that were posted showing a wooden platform built around the excavator. Some members suggested back then it was relevant to work/repairs being done on the excavator. HTH and MOO.

No I didn't mean it that way. What I did mean was, in following the live tweets, the engine swap comment seemed to come out of nowhere, with no context. The witness either hadn't mentioned it previously or it hadn't come through the tweets.

Anyway, I am very curious to find out if the engine swap will be brought up again in this trial or a future trial. If I understood correctly, the witness insinuated that he actually saw people using it in the middle of the woods by a pond?

I didn't mean it that way. What I did mean was, in following the live tweets, the engine swap comment seemed to come out of nowhere, with no context. The witness either hadn't mentioned it previously or it hadn't come through the tweets.

Anyway, I am very curious to find out if the engine swap will be brought up again in this trial or a future trial. If I understood correctly, the witness insinuated that he actually saw people using it in the middle of the woods by a pond?

I think it will be mentioned again. The witness did appear to throw that in, which is what I mean by the Crown can't control everything a witness says. I think the fact that the witness claims work was being done on the farm is interesting, including the random comment about an engine swap in relation to the excavator.

Maybe there was no need to clean it out as there was nothing in there of a criminal nature. It was left out in the open after all, and a vacuum would have sucked up ash, if it was thought to hold anything incriminating.
Of course. IMO, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member