Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So LE had seen the Eliminator prior to arresting DM on the 12th. Then lo and behold, they find the invoices for the Eliminator in DM's possession when they arrest him. Bingo!

Feb 17 2016 11:28 AM
The court is now seeing photos of a treeline laneway.

(Things have gone silent for now, probably lunch soon I'd guess.)

Edit yep:

Feb 17 2016 11:31 AM
Now taking the morning recess. Back in 20 mins.

Stopping to eat, myself. If anyone has time it might be worth scouring the twitter accounts of other journos to see if there's stuff we missed.

I mentioned early on, everybody knows what's going on (or at least notices) at the Farms around them. I am not surprised that someone had noticed some odd things going on.

engine swap. so from bosma's to dm's dodge, potentially?
Does that make sense since DM was getting TB's truck painted red? Curious to find out when he saw the engine swap happening? Maybe pics? Just thinking that the D would object to a witness saying something like that if it wasn't related to the case. MOO

So LE had seen the Eliminator prior to arresting DM on the 12th. Then lo and behold, they find the invoices for the Eliminator in DM's possession when they arrest him. Bingo!

DM was arrested on May 10th.

Does that make sense since DM was getting TB's truck painted red? Curious to find out when he saw the engine swap happening? Maybe pics? Just thinking that the D would object to a witness saying something like that if it wasn't related to the case. MOO

It sounded like he was listing other weird things he'd seen in the past, but maybe I'm wrong.

engine swap. so from bosma's to dm's dodge, potentially?

I don't think so. I think if the engine was missing or not original it would have been noted by LE forensics when they went over the truck. I have a feeling that this was something that happened previously. I could be wrong though. Also, Bosma truck started up with key. I don't think they had enough time to do a proper two engine swap and have the Bosma truck functional. I don't know though. Wow, lot's to think about now.

DM was arrested on May 10th.

Oops...sorry. You are absolutely correct, so the opposite. They arrested DM and had the evidence of the purchase and then found the Eliminator.

It seems like he just threw the engine swap comment out there in passing. Previously he had only mentioned seeing the incinerator, excavator, and skid steer. I wonder if it is relevant to the trial and whether he will expand on it after the recess.

I think the engine swap that Main is talking about is the John Deere excavator. I think they were working on it. MOO

ETA: Do you guys remember the snowy pics of the excavator? I'm trying to remember if they were on someone's FB page or if they were on here. I'll look.

I guess DM didn't take into account some pretty observant people who noticed things out of the ordinary. Ie the 2 cars leaving the field and now this guy noticing the Eliminator and excavator

People who live on farms are generally very observant of any unusual activity. I'd say you'd have a better chance of getting away with something like this if he did it all at Maplegate. City people barely know who their neighbours are. Especially in Toronto. MOO

Feb 17 2016 11:59 AM
Justice Goodman now in the room. Just waiting on the jury.

Feb 17 2016 12:01 PM
Jury is back. We're now underway.

Feb 17 2016 12:02 PM
Main is now identifying the various fields around the Ayr farm.

Feb 17 2016 12:04 PM
Main now marking down where the laneway runs on the treeline.

Feb 17 2016 12:06 PM
Main's drawn labelling of the farmland is now marked on a map that the court is seeing.

Feb 17 2016 12:07 PM
Main said he rode his dirtbike out to where the eliminator was on May 11, with the police following behind him in their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo