Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, The rims certainly painted black or Plasti-dipped to look black.

Funny no mention of the camera on the back of the Yukon? It looks like a dash cam mounted outside, is there two or is that another set of LED lights.

Napper505

I asked what it was and someone gave the answer.
The camera on the back was mentioned in week 3 discussion thread ;)

ETA: I swear my device is haunted today! I didn't hit post lol....I got a call and deleted this to see it is was answered before I posted.

I saw the one image on twitter and hubby, looking over my shoulder asked "who's bedroom blew up?"
I wasn't expecting to see a full sized DVD recorder/player like that one. Don't know what I was expecting to see! lol Why would someone have the whole player rather than just the DVD? Do those write to the unit itself?

It makes no sense to me that he gave the DVR to CN. Get rid of it. He didn't really get rid of the gun either. He gave it to someone to hold onto for him., There's a pattern. He passes things off to others, whether it be ordering stuff, doing stuff, holding stuff. He's always at arms length.

This guy is a regular Tom Sawyer.....He's the CEO or whatever at Millardair but SS is the one who really runs the show. He has his own security system but he dishes the DVR to CN to hold onto. And then there's the gun locked in the box dished off to another friend to look after. And that does not include AJ the co-op student and Columbian worker guys hanging out at the hangar building his toys or whatever.
Gees this guy really is the brains of the whole operation and he has a full compliment of groupies to aid and abet him in all of it ... With that kind of entourage, that makes MS look like he was DM's personal valet 'so to speak'.....
Now think about it all for a second--who got to carry the gun the night of the test drive with TB?? And who do you think we'll see the most of when the DVR photos are entered into evidence?

I wasn't expecting to see a full sized DVD recorder/player like that one. Don't know what I was expecting to see! lol Why would someone have the whole player rather than just the DVD? Do those write to the unit itself?

The DVR has a built-in hard drive.

DVD is too small a storage size for video. You'd be swapping disks all the time. These devices use a hard drive, so the challenge is to either get the hard drive out and hook it up to a computer and wipe it clean and put it back in the DVR, or take the hard drives, unscrew the fancy screws that you need a special screwdriver for, get the disks out from inside and smash them.

I suspect, but we won't hear about until later, that these accused were advised by their lawyers to plead guilty but refused.

Can you elaborate? I am intrigued and would like to know why you suspect this. TIA.

Well these are interesting.

First off, right from the beginning BP mentions the cost of site inspection. I don't recall hearing anything about a site inspection or a permit with regards to the incinerator. No wonder it was a surprise to him that someone would want it to be mobile. How do you get a site inspection on a mobile unit? :waitasec:

Also interesting that, just like in the case of my wanting to put a new car on Visa for the points, because of the price of the unit, they could only put a down payment on Visa and had to pay the balance by cheque. I'm guessing that was paid by Millard Properties cheque #230. ;)

Also interesting that these appear to be Mr Penner's email copies. I guess SS deleted all his, even though he is still using that email account. And don't call MillardAir, call my personal cell #.

July 3rd..LB goes missing/off the radar....hey Bill, when are we expecting that incinerator...no rush or anything....just kinda wanted to know.

July 9th..SS..how much fuel do we need? BP..well the carcasses (why would he think it's for carcasses ;) ) will help with the burning....hey Shane, I'm heading to TO we should meet up..SS "crickets".

Aug 13th...can you send me another copy of that invoice? My boss who is on vacation needs one. (Because it's the only way he can get the controller to pay it?) Again..meet up with BP in September? Not even touching that one is he? And hey...the incinerator works great now...(so what's the problem with Mr Cook saying it was used more than once again? :waitasec:

MOO

SS cell phone instead of a Millard Air Company # and also SS's personal gmail email address instead of a Millard Air Company email, I find these odd. JMO

Aw, now I'm so sad my little contribution to the first few weeks of trial as de-facto security DVR expert didn't stick in your head! :p

(I kept explaining it was like a big DVD player with hard drives inside, and that was why CN probably couldn't just 'destroy it'.)

EDIT: I just actually looked at the photos--if you look at the RIGHT edge of the unit, you can see the coax connectors for each camera. I had theorized that DM hurriedly pulled the power and unscrewed all the camera cables when he realized he needed to get the DVR out of the hangar.

EDIT 2: Actually, the foremost video connectors look to be RCA type (audio/video), the camera connectors may be behind them. The visible ones are probably to output sound and video to a monitor.

Aw, now I'm so sad my little contribution to the first few weeks of trial as de-facto security DVR expert didn't stick in your head! :p

(I kept explaining it was like a big DVD player with hard drives inside, and that was why CN probably couldn't just 'destroy it'.)

EDIT: I just actually looked at the photos--if you look at the RIGHT edge of the unit, you can see the coax connectors for each camera. I had theorized that DM hurriedly pulled the power and unscrewed all the camera cables when he realized he needed to get the DVR out of the hangar.

EDIT 2: Actually, the foremost video connectors look to be RCA type (audio/video), the camera connectors may be behind them. The visible ones are probably to output sound and video to a monitor.

As soon as I heard about the DVR I knew exactly what it was, only because of the one we have for our TV. It can hold like, 200 HD digitally recorded movies at 2 hours long each - so they do hold a ton of data. I wouldn't know how to delete the data unless it was still connected to the tv menu, but if I was caught on video on that machine doing something awful, I'd sure as heck try to figure out a way to destroy the insides of the machine.

That is... if I didn't get busted, before I had a chance to get ahold of it again. Which, I believe is the only reason DM didn't destroy it.

Aviation, real estate & farming and I'm right in there but I know nothing about security (I'm glad that you do!!) and for the love of me AE, I don't know why I thought that this was going to be more like a playstation type box that was suspended in some upper corner with a camera on it? So does this unit sit in someones office? How big is the memory on it? Does more than one camera feed into it?

Aviation, real estate & farming and I'm right in there but I know nothing about security (I'm glad that you do!!) and for the love of me AE, I don't know why I thought that this was going to be more like a playstation type box that was suspended in some upper corner with a camera on it? So does this unit sit in someones office? How big is the memory on it? Does more than one camera feed into it?

In my office it's rack-mounted, so it's in the server room with the servers (picture vertical electronic equipment racks). We have about ten ceiling-mounted cameras, and each of them literally has a cable run through the ceiling and down into the server room, where it connects to the back of the DVR with a normal coax cable connector.

I honestly don't know the total storage space in mine, but it can store about three months' worth of feed from each of ten cameras before it starts overwriting. At least several hundred gigabytes, but keep in mind the video isn't exactly HD / GoPro type quality.

The one in CN's closet looks like it might have screw holes to enable it to be mounted in an equipment rack like mine.

Why did this dumb girl just keep it for a year? Why not get rid of it? Why did DM give it to her? Why not toss it in the elimiator? I'm sure in 5 it'd be more than done for. Same with the gun. I don't get any of this...

Broken record, but: I don't think DM thought about the DVR until it was nearly too late, certainly after he realized AJ had called LE.

CN might have figured she was being watched.

bosma-tooth.png

A tooth recovered from inside an animal incinerator court heard was found on Dellen Millard's farm was examined by dental experts but could not be confirmed as being Tim Bosma's.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...der-suspects-girlfriend-tim-bosma-trial-hears

Police seized DVR and another item from home of murder suspect’s girlfriend, Tim Bosma trial hears

Wilson said officers searched a garage, basement and an upstairs bedroom.

About three hours after the search began, officers entered an extremely cluttered bedroom.

Looks like her room was already like that and note the title of the article!! JMO

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...der-suspects-girlfriend-tim-bosma-trial-hears

Broken record, but: I don't think DM thought about the DVR until it was nearly too late, certainly after he realized AJ had called LE.

CN might have figured she was being watched.

So toss it in the eliminator since you are towing it all around the farm.

Couldn't she just put it in a gym bag and go get rid of it? She had a YEAR. Keeping it there was only adding to her accesory after fact case.

Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Examining human tooth found in incinerator on Millard’s farm | EXHIBIT #67-A

by the Mob Reporter Adrian Humphreys from the National Post

[video=youtube;9ILN0NSU1To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILN0NSU1To[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members