Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link for what time CN was arrested? IIRC CN was arrested on April 10, 2014.....same day this search warrant was executed.....was she arrested BEFORE they searched her house or AFTER? Testimony today has house search starting around noon and finding the evidence in CN's bedroom after 3pm. TIA

The source also says Noudga, who is in her fourth year of university, wrote an exam in the morning and was arrested in the afternoon. A search warrant was executed at her Etobicoke home.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4...or-his-return-millard-was-allegedly-escaping/

Here are the emails about the sale of the incinerator:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/300099872/Emails-about-sale-of-incinerator

Well these are interesting.

First off, right from the beginning BP mentions the cost of site inspection. I don't recall hearing anything about a site inspection or a permit with regards to the incinerator. No wonder it was a surprise to him that someone would want it to be mobile. How do you get a site inspection on a mobile unit? :waitasec:

Also interesting that, just like in the case of my wanting to put a new car on Visa for the points, because of the price of the unit, they could only put a down payment on Visa and had to pay the balance by cheque. I'm guessing that was paid by Millard Properties cheque #230. ;)

Also interesting that these appear to be Mr Penner's email copies. I guess SS deleted all his, even though he is still using that email account. And don't call MillardAir, call my personal cell #.

July 3rd..LB goes missing/off the radar....hey Bill, when are we expecting that incinerator...no rush or anything....just kinda wanted to know.

July 9th..SS..how much fuel do we need? BP..well the carcasses (why would he think it's for carcasses ;) ) will help with the burning....hey Shane, I'm heading to TO we should meet up..SS "crickets".

Aug 13th...can you send me another copy of that invoice? My boss who is on vacation needs one. (Because it's the only way he can get the controller to pay it?) Again..meet up with BP in September? Not even touching that one is he? And hey...the incinerator works great now...(so what's the problem with Mr Cook saying it was used more than once again? :waitasec:

MOO

I would also like to offer this to think about...We have a trial with 2 accused who each have antagonistic defences. They are both accused in another murder that may tie into this one, but details MUST be omitted from this trial. On top of that, there is the WM murder. The point being this...although the evidence appears to be overwhelming, the crown REALLY has it's work cut out just to avoid all the landmines that could lead to a mistrial. And believe me, the defence(s) are going to try anything and everything to get there.

Hi WSers, I just got back and am going to have to catch up on the thread, but first I want to say...what an incredibly interesting day it was! Some huge things happened that are just simply unbelievable! And I shared an elevator ride with SB...she seemed to be in good spirits today!

I hope these "huge things" are for better and not worse!

The only thing that worries me about this case right now is the absence of DNA proving that it was Tim Bosma's body. I think the defence is really going to jump on that and it'll be critical for establishing their defence.

Also, I think the video will be crucial in determining the path the defence takes. If the video shows DM and MS putting a body into the incineratorand turning it on, then they are screwed. However, I have serious doubts that it shows them doing those specific things. If it just shows them hanging around the hangar then the defence will use it to raise reasonable doubt.

On the positive side, if there even is one, the physical evidence on the car is very damning as is the circumstantial evidence with all the phone tracking.

There was Tims DNA found on the incinerator door...was there not?

Also, yes quite possible they put Tim in the incinerator at the farm (or wherever they picked it up from) so that may not be on the video....but IMO, they ain't that smart!

Now afternoon recess for 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 2:46 PM

Really? :waiting:

LOL. We have to keep in mind that just because the jury is not in, court is still in session. The court reporter would be transcribing the legal arguments, and is entitled to a break every so often. Or the judge needed a bio or coffee break.

<snip>
Also interesting that these appear to be Mr Penner's email copies. I guess SS deleted all his, even though he is still using that email account. And don't call MillardAir, call my personal cell #.
<snip>

They may make SS's emails (i.e. from his account) exhibits when he gets called as a witness as well. From my personal experience in court, that is what happened.

Hey

I've searched the threads for the images of DM's alleged Dark Blue GMC Yukon.
The most recent images are not in the Images and maps thread. I don't remember were they were.

Three years ago I was in search of a vehicle that when on the highway people would be just a little unsure if I was an "LE". I was looking for a police style SUV. I was tired of getting cut off and in general road rager's . I looked at purchasing an ex OPP Tahoe but anything available at the time was too worn out and did not have much of an interior left after OPP dismantled all of their interior systems and electronics and lighting.

I instead purchased a very similar style vehicle made by another brand. It was dark dark Blue, blacked out windows, no Chrome, factory blacked out headlights. I added Black chrome wheels and Viola. At first glance it might be an OPP.

Please find the images of the Black rims on the Yukon and re-post them. They look like black Police rims to me. Add the flashing Led's and you have what looks like a Police vehicle at night.

There a drawbacks to this approach of course people tend to slow down when you approach from behind.:gaah:

Napper505 :)

Oh! has the Prosecution entered any "GSR" evidence from the "casing" found in "TB's'" truck? if so did it match GSR found in Truck. I don't recall reading whether this was entered.

There was Tims DNA found on the incinerator door...was there not?

Also, yes quite possible they put Tim in the incinerator at the farm (or wherever they picked it up from) so that may not be on the video....but IMO, they ain't that smart!

Just jumping off your post wrt video evidence and the Crown's opening statement:

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

This same video system also shows images of the Eliminator being ignited outside the hangar door. This, the Crown says, was the incineration phase of the death of Tim Bosma which took place over several hours in the early morning hours of May 7th.

A forensic video analyst will give evidence in this trial about his analysis of this video and several other relevant videos from various locations, dates and times.

The rims are minimally differnt then LE SUV rims, LE are 8 holes and DM's are 5 hole, which to me is just a black steel rim. IMO, I would not make to much of the rims because they are quite popular in the off road vehicles. My TJ had black steelies, with 6 holes, he could have gotten ones way closer to LE rims.

But if those are DM's words you've cut and copied, then that would prove he was trying to mock the LE SUV (LED flashing lights and all) and probably for no good reasons!

Hey

I've searched the threads for the images of DM's alleged Dark Blue GMC Yukon.
The most recent images are not in the Images and maps thread. I don't remember were they were.

Three years ago I was in search of a vehicle that when on the highway people would be just a little unsure if I was an "LE". I was looking for a police style SUV. I was tired of getting cut off and in general road rager's . I looked at purchasing an ex OPP Tahoe but anything available at the time was too worn out and did not have much of an interior left after OPP dismantled all of their interior systems and electronics and lighting.

I instead purchased a very similar style vehicle made by another brand. It was dark dark Blue, blacked out windows, no Chrome, factory blacked out headlights. I added Black chrome wheels and Viola. At first glance it might be an OPP.

Please find the images of the Black rims on the Yukon and re-post them. They look like black Police rims to me. Add the flashing Led's and you have what looks like a Police vehicle at night.

There a drawbacks to this approach of course people tend to slow down when you approach from behind.:gaah:

Napper505 :)

Here is the wheel with the black rim AND now that mention it look at the front of the Yukon. I see two push bar mounts for either ex-police vehicle OR it once had a plow mounted. Also the radiator appears to be non stock and seems to be doubled up. (possibly heavy duty police use? or simply a tow package?)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• plate2.jpg
    plate2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 152
the crown REALLY has it's work cut out just to avoid all the landmines that could lead to a mistrial. And believe me, the defence(s) are going to try anything and everything to get there.

I don't think there's any evidence the defense attorneys are trying to get a mistrial. That doesn't serve their clients' interests, as it would simply lead to another trial.Their objections to evidence which, if admitted, could be used to argue for a mistrial later, in fact suggests the opposite. They are doing their part to ensure a fair trial.

It's a common perception that the defense lawyer's job is to "get the guy off." If the client is an innocent party, as Guy Paul Morin's lawyer was certain he was, that is indeed the objective. And for certain high-profile attorneys defending billionaire crooks, that may also be the case. But, most criminal cases are a confusing mass of shades of grey. The clients are rarely Sunday School superstars, pillar of the community types. They are often difficult, unstable, damaged human beings, and even ones who present themselves well can be very difficult to work with. They may and do often resist their lawyers' advice, don't necessarily (or even usually) tell them the whole truth - maybe not any of the truth!

The defense lawyer's job is to make the Crown do its job honestly and according the rules, and to introduce mitigating factors or exculpatory evidence for their clients, if there is any.

You may remember that Rafferty's lawyer in the Stafford case did neither. But he was vigilant to ensure the Crown played by the rules. The guy was guilty as sin and was convicted. QED.

I suspect, but we won't hear about until later, that these accused were advised by their lawyers to plead guilty but refused. They were probably also advised to undergo a voluntary psychiatric assessment, which they probably also refused. Criminal clients are not the cream of the crop.But having an equitable system, fallible as it is, depends on an accused being adequately represented, and the rules being followed.

Pillay's objection to the inadmissible testimony was proper. That kind of thing prevents mistrials.

You say this like he was actually ever working at an airport. :waitasec: ;)

MOO
I know what you're saying- but- the fact is that IIRC, this vehicle was registered to Millardair. At airports, not every vehicle is just allowed to drive all over the aprons and cross runways etc. An AVOP- Airside Vehicle Operator's Permit is required. As a licensed pilot, DM would already hold a Radio Operators License. Communication is required between the vehicle, tower/ground and base operations for all movements. So in looking at the equipment inside of the Yukon and it's ownership, I'm suspecting that the Yukon was Millardair's airside vehicle. I'm posting excerpts from Pearson, but Waterloo would be similar. MOO

"1.4.11 RadioFrequencies
Vehicles operating in the Manoeuvring Area must be equipped with authorized multi-frequency radio transceivers capable of operating on all published radio frequencies used at Toronto Pearson.
Air Traffic Control (ATC) may deny Manoeuvring Area access to a vehicle operator who is unable to communicate on a required frequency.
For radio frequency listing, see ATD AVOP, Appendix A: Airport Frequencies."

headlights
tail lights
rotating or flashing yellow beacons.
Affixing decorative vehicle lighting to a vehicle interior or exterior is strictly prohibited on airside surfaces.
Beacons
All vehicles operated or driven in the Movement Area must be equipped with a rotating or flashing yellow warning light. Beacons must be turned on at all times while vehicles are in motion on airside surfaces.
An operating beacon indicates that the operator is in the vehicle and prepared to move.
The following simple test should be applied to ensure the adequacy of a beacon: If the light emitted from the beacon is clearly visible in full sunlight at a distance of 15 metres, then it meets the intent of the ATD.
With the exception of emergency response vehicles, strobe lights are not authorized for use at this airport.

http://www.torontopearson.com/uploa...ves Administration July 2015 - 2015-07-17.pdf

Thank you, The rims certainly painted black or Plasti-dipped to look black.

Funny no mention of the camera on the back of the Yukon? It looks like a dash cam mounted outside, is there two or is that another set of LED lights.

Napper505

This was discussed awhile back I think it is a standard backup camera mounted low to help lining up the trailer hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member