Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What could they have wanted the DVR for? Are they referring to a PVR, like a Rogers box? Or are they referring to a DVD recorder? I'm a little confused.

From Crown's OS.....

A DVR in Nougda's bedroom shows Millard and Smich in the hangar at around 1:30 A.M. on May 7, 2013. Crown claims that is when TB's body was burned

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?299841-Bosma-Murder-Trial-Daily-Recap

Seems like the DVR was the security footage from the hangar....MOO

What could they have wanted the DVR for? Are they referring to a PVR, like a Rogers box? Or are they referring to a DVD recorder? I'm a little confused.

DM gave her the DVR from the hangar on the Thursday. The date LE said she was known to have "helped DM, accessory after the fact." MOO.

When I googled DVR the results were almost all for Video Security systems. Maybe that's what they're referring to?

That makes sense guys. Thanks! As I recall I was having fun in Punta Cana when that happened.

I get the feeling that Millard was a pack rat and just couldn't bring himself to throw things away. Why not chuck the DVR in to a lake? Why keep the burned out seats? Why even keep TBs truck when the heat got turned up? Why carry around the receipts for the Eliminator? Ether this guy was stupid or he had a huge hoarding problem.

A few musings, it sounds as if they are getting ready to introduce the video of the early morning hours at the hangar. Oh Boy, that's going to be tough.

Whatever the 2nd thing retrieved was may be introduced later and they don't want it to clutter up their cadence in presenting evidence. Everybody knows about the letter, it was in the opening statement so I can't imagine that it's now deemed inadmissible but who knows.

Slow slogging so far this week. Hard days for everybody.

I get the feeling that Millard was a pack rat and just couldn't bring himself to throw things away. Why not chuck the DVR in to a lake? Why keep the burned out seats? Why even keep TBs truck when the heat got turned up? Why carry around the receipts for the Eliminator? Ether this guy was stupid or he had a huge hoarding problem.

I totally agree!

Can someone fill me in on the letter? I missed that as well.

It makes no sense to me that he gave the DVR to CN. Get rid of it. He didn't really get rid of the gun either. He gave it to someone to hold onto for him., There's a pattern. He passes things off to others, whether it be ordering stuff, doing stuff, holding stuff. He's always at arms length.

Can someone fill me in on the letter? I missed that as well.

From the Crown's opening address:

After Mr. Millard's girlfriend was charged for her role, police executed a search warrant on her residence in Toronto and seized from her bedroom several letters that were written to her by Mr. Millard over a period of many months while he was in jail after his arrest. These letters varied in terms of content, but one theme of many letters was Mr. Millard wanting a key Crown witness to change his evidence. His girlfriend was asked to reach out to this person to get him to change his evidence.

This was a person Mr. Millard considered a friend and someone who he believed could be convinced to change the his statement to police. This was to assist Mr. Millard as he considered what this person knew about the plan to steal the truck as damning and incriminating information. For example, in one such letter to his girlfriend, Mr. Millard wrote the following: “If he knew his words were going to get me a life sentence, he would want to change them. Show him how he can, and he will change them.”

Despite Mr. Millard’s written direction at the end of many of these letters to “destroy these letters”, they were still in the girlfriend’s bedroom in April 2014, when she was arrested for her involvement which was almost 1 year after the murder and the arrest of Mr. Millard.

In the search of Mr. Millard’s girlfriend's residence, police also seized from her bedroom a DVR - digital video recorder - that Mr. Millard had taken from the airport hangar and given to his girlfriend to hold on to, apparently without explanation. He gave this to her on May 9th when he picked her up while en route to Kleinburg to drop the trailer with Tim Bosma's truck in it at his mother's place.

I cant understand how the defense managed to get those letters inadmissible? Its so frustrating, but I don' t understand - if the letters were inadmissible- wouldn't this be brought up after the Crown's opening statement? I'm very lost.. very very lost.

I think he was sloppy and ran out of time, that's all.

How could he have gotten rid of the truck, specifically? Just park it somewhere and walk away? Without knowing how much physical evidence he'd left behind?

And by the time he could have driven to a lake to toss the DVR, he knew LE was already on to him. Remember, it was only something like 5-6 days from Tim's murder to DM's arrest.

I cant understand how the defense managed to get those letters inadmissible? Its so frustrating, but I don' t understand - if the letters were inadmissible- wouldn't this be brought up after the Crown's opening statement? I'm very lost.. very very lost.

Possibly there is no way to prove that they came from Millard?

Crown Tony Leitch is asking about April 10, 2014, when a search warrant execution happened in Etobicoke.
by Adam Carter 3:34 PM

He was looking for a DVR recorder on Rufford Road.
by Adam Carter 3:35 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
April 10, 2014 executed search warrant 5 Rufford Rd., Etobicoke. To search for a DVR.

Who spilled the beans? How did they know to get a search warrant to search for the DVR at CN's residence?

I think people may be jumping to conclusions about the letters.

I agree. I may have started the speculation, but I was just questioning why Leitch would ask the officer NOT to mention the "second item" seized. We don't even know if this was the letters. It may be something completely irrelevant. It may be introduced at a later time. I doubt we have heard the last of the letters. MOO

I think he was sloppy and ran out of time, that's all.

How could he have gotten rid of the truck, specifically? Just park it somewhere and walk away? Without knowing how much physical evidence he'd left behind?

And by the time he could have driven to a lake to toss the DVR, he knew LE was already on to him. Remember, it was only something like 5-6 days from Tim's murder to DM's arrest.

Ran out of time? This guy was driving all over Southern Ontario! He could easily have stopped somewhere and dumped stuff. Better to attempt to dump it than to be found with it I say.

It makes no sense to me that he gave the DVR to CN. Get rid of it. He didn't really get rid of the gun either. He gave it to someone to hold onto for him., There's a pattern. He passes things off to others, whether it be ordering stuff, doing stuff, holding stuff. He's always at arms length.
Maybe he was cocky and viewed this "evidence" as "trophies" to be "cherished" at a later date. He was likely arrogant enough to assume that he wouldn't be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice