Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So toss it in the eliminator since you are towing it all around the farm.

Couldn't she just put it in a gym bag and go get rid of it? She had a YEAR. Keeping it there was only adding to her accesory after fact case.

Maybe it ran out of fuel. ;)

I actually wondered whether LE were able to find receipts or speak to SS about how much propane was ever purchased for that incinerator. If the tank was filled, and probably only the once, how many hours was it estimated to have burned? They know how many it burned the night it was at the hangar because of the video, but how many hours previous to that?

MOO

Couldn't she just put it in a gym bag and go get rid of it? She had a YEAR. Keeping it there was only adding to her accesory after fact case.

He must have told CN to hold on to it, meaning not destroy it, for some odd reason. It could have been disassembled and broken into small pieces and slowly gotten rid of, by her. But, what's on it shows that DM and MS were somewhere-- that she wasn't. That is something in her favour.

I'm not sure what the legal issue was, but Leitch specifically told officer Wilson to not say what the other item recovered was, just that it was recovered. Anyone recall any details about this mystery item?

"Wilson said there was a second item seized by police during the search but was asked by assistant Crown attorney Tony Leitch not to say what it was."

I'm not sure what the legal issue was, but Leitch specifically told officer Wilson to not say what the other item recovered was, just that it was recovered. Anyone recall any details about this mystery item?

"Wilson said there was a second item seized by police during the search but was asked by assistant Crown attorney Tony Leitch not to say what it was."

I'm not sure it was ever reported. The opening statement claims the DVR and letters from DM were found. AFAIK anything else is just speculation right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I'm getting in a lot of these back-and-forths tonight, but: I suspect by the time DM thought about the DVR, the Eliminator was already parked in the trees.

CN: trying to put myself in her place. My boyfriend is in jail for murder. I'm hiding evidence, and I helped him clean up after the fact. The cops are probably watching my every move, but my boyfriend has told me to stay cool and it'll all be fine. Do I, at this point, put a large heavy object in my bag and -- do what with it? Throw it in a trash can at Canadian Tire? Retail stores have security cameras, and someone may see me do it, or find it when they clean out the bins. Throw it in a dumpster? Better make sure no one is around. And it's weird how often evidence in dumpsters gets found. Drive out to the country and dump it -- where? Side of the road? What if the cops are following me? What if a passing car sees me? And I already know it didn't take someone long to find Tim's phone after that was dumped, and it was so much smaller.

Yeah, I'll just leave it in my closet and hope my millionaire boyfriend knows best.

I feel like I'm getting in a lot of these back-and-forths tonight, but: I suspect by the time DM thought about the DVR, the Eliminator was already parked in the trees.

CN: trying to put myself in her place. My boyfriend is in jail for murder. I'm hiding evidence, and I helped him clean up after the fact. The cops are probably watching my every move, but my boyfriend has told me to stay cool and it'll all be fine. Do I, at this point, put a large heavy object in my bag and -- do what with it? Throw it in a trash can at Canadian Tire? Retail stores have security cameras, and someone may see me do it, or find it when they clean out the bins. Throw it in a dumpster? Better make sure no one is around. And it's weird how often evidence in dumpsters gets found. Drive out to the country and dump it -- where? Side of the road? What if the cops are following me? What if a passing car sees me? And I already know it didn't take someone long to find Tim's phone after that was dumped, and it was so much smaller.

Yeah, I'll just leave it in my closet and hope my millionaire boyfriend knows best.

I see what you're saying but knowing that she in fact helped him clean up a murder scene..she had to figure police will be showing up with a search warrant one day.

I actually wondered whether LE were able to find receipts or speak to SS about how much propane was ever purchased for that incinerator. If the tank was filled, and probably only the once, how many hours was it estimated to have burned? They know how many it burned the night it was at the hangar because of the video, but how many hours previous to that?

MOO

I showed my hubby the pic of the incinerator, where it shows the length on the propane tank. His guess was it was probably a 200 L tank. That's judging that his trailer dimensions are correct for then tandem. trailer. He said the tank could even be bigger but that was his best guess.

So IF it is the 200L tank, that tank would last roughly 6.3 hours (if my math is correct)
Penner stated that it burns 31.7 L/hour on a full burn. So my guess is that's at its full setting. From what I've read, you can increase an decrease the burn Temps.

Feb 22 2016 2:44 PM

Penner said in another email the SN500 would need 31.7 litres of propane per hour at full capacity

I see what you're saying but knowing that she in fact helped him clean up a murder scene..she had to figure police will be showing up with a search warrant one day.

I guess I'll ask, as a final rebuttal, what would you SPECIFICALLY have done with it?

I'm pretty resourceful and I can't think of how I'd get rid of it if I knew I was under surveillance.

(Although I'm technically capable of destroying the data on the drives, but that's outside the scope of this exercise.)

I guess I'll ask, as a final rebuttal, what would you SPECIFICALLY have done with it?

I'm pretty resourceful and I can't think of how I'd get rid of it if I knew I was under surveillance.

(Although I'm technically capable of destroying the data on the drives, but that's outside the scope of this exercise.)

What you said made sense about taking it apart and dumping small pieces. Or go on a trip to Niagara with friends and dump it in lake Ontario on the way.

MOO

That is of course, assuming propane was actually purchased and not stolen. Just thinking about this massive propane tank...

Hubby disconnects ours from the grill, puts it in the trunk of the car and takes it to be filled at the local gas station that has a propane filling station. When it's full, it's pretty heavy. And that's just a little tank for a back yard grill.

This tank, that powered the incinerator is not being picked up by anyone - empty or full. It had to be either towed to a filling station or have a propane delivery come to where it was. I don't know much about airplane hangars but would there be a propane filling station right there at the airport?

Just thinking out loud here.

Barlow couldn't say if it was Bosma's tooth. "I could not say from the sample I had available. It had the appearance of a human tooth."
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

Now seeing metal particles that were seized from The Eliminator that Barlow studied.
by Adam Carter 2:07 PM

Could it be possible that the metal particles were bullet fragments?
JMHO

I suppose there are tests to determine the composition of the metal to determine the type, alloy, etc. I'm not sure it's necessary though. We know someone was incinerated, there are human bones, a human tooth, a missing man tied to Millard and Smich, etc. In my opinion, there is no reasonable doubt for the jury at this point. JMO

Bought the biggest strongest permanent magnet I could find and ripped the HD out and applied the magnet sweeping it back and forth for 10-15 mins.

JMO but I think it was kept as leverage over MS. I suspect alot of what goes on in this little world involves leverage aka 'indirect blackmail'

Bought the biggest strongest permanent magnet I could find and ripped the HD out and applied the magnet sweeping it back and forth for 10-15 mins.

JMO but I think it was kept as leverage over MS. I suspect alot of what goes on in this little world involves leverage aka 'indirect blackmail'

Maybe. All I know is what another poster had commented earlier and what I saw today...DM and MS don't even so much as look at each other the entire time they are in that courtroom. I got the impression that these two former friends don't like each other very much. JMO

I am laughing at that first line...Come on Ariane, I've read a lot of your posts and you can do better than that....or maybe you live in town.

I'd whip it into the burn barrel by our garden shed, douse it with a little somethin' somethin' and watch it burn....No permit required in this township when it is a contained burn. Then bury the cremains.
A little bit country and a little bit rock and roll :D

Maybe. All I know is what another poster had commented earlier and what I saw today...DM and MS don't even so much as look at each other the entire time they are in that courtroom. I got the impression that these two former friends don't like each other very much. JMO

If I was MS I'd never talk to him again.....sorry dark humour .....couldn't resist

I do live in town. Suburbs all the way. But I don't get the sense CN is a farm girl either. :)

But the original statement was "put it in a gym bag ..." So I was trying to figure out where that thought lead. Put it in a gym bag and take it where?

If destruction is on the table too, that's another argument. But I don't think CN had the means or the wherewithal. And we don't know if taking it out to the (garage?) and taking it apart with a hammer would have drawn suspicion from her family. She did live at home, right?

I guess this is all pointless speculation, but the bottom line is I've never been surprised CN still had the thing.

I can imagine they think the others missteps are the reason they got caught. I also imagine each one thinks the other talked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member