Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial newb questions: is this kind of delay pretty normal?

Does there ever come a point where the judge can tell them to STFU?

:judge: :floorlaugh:
Thank you, I so needed a good laugh this morning!

Adam Carter Feb 23 2016 10:47 AM

And still no jury. I have a feeling it's going to be a little while.

:waiting:

Almost time for the morning break:gaah:

If there is someone out there with more information regarding trial procedures please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think these legal arguments are as a result of going straight to trial. Had there been a preliminary trial, then what could be entered as evidence and what was inadmissable, would have been sorted out at the preliminary stage.

This has to be hard on the family and the jury. It's interrupted evidence and the flow is broken. Long days with little evidence can be exhausting.

Well it is pretty normal in a situation where there is a mountain of evidence against the accused and there was a direct indictment which didn't give the defense a chance to argue all this stuff away back then when they realized what the Crown strategy was going to be I guess.

The judge has to listen to all reasonable legal arguments to prevent an appeal. I suppose at the point where the arguments are no longer reasonable or have no legal basis is when he can tell them to STFU. LOL

MOO

Adam Carter Feb 23 2016 11:02 AM

For anyone wondering, having legal arguments like this without the jury present isn't unusual. In a case as large as this one is and with two accused, there is a ton of evidence to sift through, and there can be disagreements between the Crown and the defence. We had been moving really smoothly through evidence, but bumps like this were bound to happen.

If there is someone out there with more information regarding trial procedures please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think these legal arguments are as a result of going straight to trial. Had there been a preliminary trial, then what could be entered as evidence and what was inadmissable, would have been sorted out at the preliminary stage.

This has to be hard on the family and the jury. It's interrupted evidence and the flow is broken. Long days with little evidence can be exhausting.

Well the defense did have discovery and could have and should have argued away whatever they foresaw as a problem during the pre trial motions/hearings. I do believe they had those didn't they? I just never understand how it works when the defense basically tries and a lot of time succeeds, to argue away anything that makes their client look guilty, which is kind of the reason why there is a trial IMO. After all the hard work investigating, the defense gets evidence thrown out over human error or things that negatively portray their client. I'll never understand how that's a "fair" trial. It's only fair for the accused...not the victim.

MOO

What could be the argument now?
The equipment manufacturer can't state that it would be possible to burn a human body in the incinerator!!!
IMO

I m still wondering who made the trailer for the incinerator......the trailer appears to be thoughtfully and professionally done which is most unlike anything I have seen so far out of that hanger. I see the piecemeal way DM added all sorts of goodies to his Yukon around and about the dash...what a proverbial sh@@house.
I am curious about the trailer because if it was done in Georgia, when it got to the hangar it was already to go. It seems it was likely tested at the hangar but I doubt that they kept it there hanging around in the parking lot for all comers to see.
Gees someone please ask the company guy if they did the trailer too while he is still in town !

Back in court now - still hearing legal arguments. No jury yet.
by Adam Carter 11:35 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 7m7 minutes ago
Jury dismissed until 1 . @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Well it is pretty normal in a situation where there is a mountain of evidence against the accused and there was a direct indictment which didn't give the defense a chance to argue all this stuff away back then when they realized what the Crown strategy was going to be I guess.

The judge has to listen to all reasonable legal arguments to prevent an appeal. I suppose at the point where the arguments are no longer reasonable or have no legal basis is when he can tell them to STFU. LOL

MOO

So if they already did discovery and they still have all these objections (from the defence I gather). and the subsequent legal arguments and delays could it be that DM has gotten a little more involved in his own defence. He wants to defend himself in the LB case and he's been reading up on the law while he is at the crowbar hotel---maybe he just throwing in a thought or question here and there in this proceeding??
MOO ....quite personally, I have not been impressed with some of the defense's arguments on past days ......has left me thinking that I would not be running out to hire any of DM's lawyers In my hour of need.

I m still wondering who made the trailer for the incinerator......the trailer appears to be thoughtfully and professionally done which is most unlike anything I have seen so far out of that hanger. I see the piecemeal way DM added all sorts of goodies to his Yukon around and about the dash...what a proverbial sh@@house.
I am curious about the trailer because if it was done in Georgia, when it got to the hangar it was already to go. It seems it was likely tested at the hangar but I doubt that they kept it there hanging around in the parking lot for all comers to see.
Gees someone please ask the company guy if they did the trailer too while he is still in town !

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22 Std.Vor 22 Stunden
This was the first time they had someone wanting to make the unit mobile, Penner says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21 Std.Vor 21 Stunden
Seeing photo again of The Eliminator. Penner says this is the same kind SS bought. Schlatman had told him they were putting it on a trailer,

So if they already did discovery and they still have all these objections (from the defence I gather). and the subsequent legal arguments and delays could it be that DM has gotten a little more involved in his own defence. He wants to defend himself in the LB case and he's been reading up on the law while he is at the crowbar hotel---maybe he just throwing in a thought or question here and there in this proceeding??
MOO ....quite personally, I have not been impressed with some of the defense's arguments on past days ......has left me thinking that I would not be running out to hire any of DM's lawyers In my hour of need.

DM can't object to something while he has two attorneys officially representing him. Now if they have the opportunity to speak with him before, during breaks/lunch and after trial about things he's concerned about, they may be catering to him but I somehow doubt it.

My personal opinion on the LB case is that DM has found himself an interesting past time in jail and he's enjoying reading up on the law, seeing his own evidence discovery, having the ability to look at it and come up with a defense etc. He has something to do and a purpose. When the actual trial comes however, I think you will see him hire an attorney.

MOO

We're now on a short recess, but still no jury today. I can't report on anything said in court unless the jury is present.
by Adam Carter 12:03 PM

This is the most agonisingly slow trial. Must be unbearable for the family.

It started off well. But like Adam Carter tweeted, this is a huge case with a LOT of evidence. We were bound to run into a snag like this. And I'm sure there will be many more. That 4 month prediction may be off considering we're in week 4 and less than half of the crown's case has likely been presented. I feel sorry for the jury if that's the case.

MOO

Well the defense did have discovery and could have and should have argued away whatever they foresaw as a problem during the pre trial motions/hearings. I do believe they had those didn't they? I just never understand how it works when the defense basically tries and a lot of time succeeds, to argue away anything that makes their client look guilty, which is kind of the reason why there is a trial IMO. After all the hard work investigating, the defense gets evidence thrown out over human error or things that negatively portray their client. I'll never understand how that's a "fair" trial. It's only fair for the accused...not the victim.

MOO
Seems like the mere existence of the incinerator is problematic for DM's team-let alone the absence of livestock it was intended to use. Probably not so much from MS's side- after all, when your friend with the incinerator says he needs help doing something nefarious you would have a hard time forgetting about helping him clean out the last batch of ashes. Add a gun and a bunch of other friends who didn't seem to mind the incinerators existence and I think you have a bunch of friends who don't have much of a choice. MOO

While we are waiting, Prairie_dawg was asking what this was in the Yukon:

What_is_this.jpg

It's a Sony marine radio.

Sony marine.jpg

Is there no place for open discussion? I am sorry if this is not the place but I am still finding things that make that Yukon look like the penultimate getaway vehicle.

There appears to be an Infra red light bar on the dash just behind the windshield. This would allow all lighting to be turned off and driving with night goggles.

Google Infra red light bar and see what I mean. We still don't know what the strange device is in place of the stereo or the rigged item where the passenger airbag should be. I am hoping LE will at some point tell us, if not I am hoping a super sleuther can enlighten us. Type R seems to be some sort of Honda Civic thing. But the strange device with a round screen where the stereo should be is like nothing I have ever seen in a dashboard before.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• What_is_this5.jpg
    What_is_this5.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 341
  • Dellen_Yukon.jpg
    Dellen_Yukon.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 218
  • What_is_this.jpg