Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake police lights seems remarkably illegal.

Well just like the "minor" chop shop people think he was running (I personally do not, I think all the toys, stolen and otherwise, were for him), LE have bigger fish to fry so I don't think he's been issued a ticket for that. :floorlaugh:

MOO

Lots of interesting legal arguments today, some very big in nature. Unfortunately, that's about all I can say about that.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 45 Min.Vor 45 Minuten
#TimBosma @AM900CHML legal arguments have really delayed this trial.very stressful for Bosmas. Sadly can't say why.

DM and his toys never cease to amaze me. However, he may have used a vhf radio in the Yukon for communication with a base station at Millardair while they were at Pearson (don't know if they would have had one at Waterloo) and he may have even had a need for flashing lights if he was driving around on the apron at either Waterloo or Pearson. MOO

You say this like he was actually ever working at an airport. :waitasec: ;)

MOO

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 45 Min.Vor 45 Minuten
#TimBosma @AM900CHML legal arguments have really delayed this trial.very stressful for Bosmas. Sadly can't say why.

I can imagine. I'm sure to them it is like the defense lawyers saying "Your honour, my client is innocent so please do not allow the Crown to present evidence that makes him look otherwise".

MOO

Do we know why DM was carded ? ( that led to a recorded note of his ambition tattoo) I don't think it would be a far-fetched guess that he might of been pulled over by LE at some point, and with the Sony marine system and dash lights, they might of been suspicious about the use for them.

DM and his toys never cease to amaze me. However, he may have used a vhf radio in the Yukon for communication with a base station at Millardair while they were at Pearson (don't know if they would have had one at Waterloo) and he may have even had a need for flashing lights if he was driving around on the apron at either Waterloo or Pearson. MOO

OK, what's the legit reason for having a licence plate obscuring system ? : )

Now back in court. Still no jury in yet.
by Adam Carter 1:46 PM

...and the "Type R" box controls those LEDs on the dash. They are sold on the web (including Amazon) as emergency flashers so that you too can look like the police (selectable blue or red from the controller). If you saw a dark GM SUV speeding down the road with flashers blazing wouldn't you think it was LE and get out of the way?

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.dx.com/p/type-r-blue-and-red-warning-strobe-light-for-all-vehicles-40-led-4037#reviews

Again Variant, awesome job thanks for your time. I think we now have a possibility of racing down the 401 with lights going that could account for the ping times on the cell towers seeming to be illogical. I wonder if the Type R box was also wired into the headlights to make them alternate as well, would be simple I am sure. Also for someone who asked RE: airport? The ONLY vehicles permitted to have Blue and Red lights flashing are police all others must have blue for snow removal or red for non police emergency vehicles and amber for everyone else.

The jury is now back in. Goodman thanks them for their patience.
by Adam Carter 1:51 PM

"Yesterday we heard some evidence from Mr. Cook as to if the device [The Eliminator] was used on more than one occasion. That was improper opinion evidence," Justice Goodman says to the jury. Cook was not in a position to offer that opinion, he adds. "You are to ignore that answer."
by Adam Carter 1:53 PM

Cook is led in, but then immediately excused.
by Adam Carter 1:54 PM

***Good luck unringing that bell

The next witness is William Barlow. The Crown wants to qualify him as an expert in the field of forensic dentistry.
by Adam Carter 1:55 PM

He became a Dr. of dentistry in 1965.
by Adam Carter 1:56 PM

He's also lectured in the area of forensic dentistry. He's an asisstant professor at U of T.
by Adam Carter 1:57 PM

He has testified in court previously four or five times.
by Adam Carter 1:58 PM

Barlow is qualified as an expert for forensic dentistry.

so a "win" for the defense. SMH

Well if I were a juror I'd be thinking...huh? I've been told TB's remains were found in the incinerator and Shane S sent an email saying the unit runs fine. So I'd be thinking...why isn't Shane S also on trial? :waitasec:

MOO

He was called in to assist with the Bosma case.
by Adam Carter 1:59 PM

He was called in to examine a piece of a tooth.
by Adam Carter 2:00 PM

Some metal fragments were also recovered from The Eliminator. He x-rayed them to see if there were anything useful in those metal fragments, too.
by Adam Carter 2:01 PM

The court is now seeing a photo of the tooth fragment -- it's about 2.5 cm long.
by Adam Carter 2:02 PM

"I concluded that it was part of a tooth - the root portion of a tooth," Barlow says.
by Adam Carter 2:02 PM

The next witness is William Barlow. The Crown wants to qualify him as an expert in the field of forensic dentistry.
by Adam Carter 1:55 PM

He became a Dr. of dentistry in 1965.
by Adam Carter 1:56 PM

He's also lectured in the area of forensic dentistry. He's an asisstant professor at U of T.
by Adam Carter 1:57 PM

He has testified in court previously four or five times.

Barlow is qualified as an expert for forensic dentistry.

Graduated in 1965 and still working! Good for him. I'm sure there is a wealth of experience behind his name.

This tooth fragment was found in the Eliminator incinerator that was found on Millard's farm in Ayr, Ont.
by Adam Carter 2:03 PM

Court now seeing a radiograph of Tim Bosma's teeth.
by Adam Carter 2:03 PM

None of the radiographs were terribly useful in comparing for identity comparison, he says. "It was a partial specimen. Without any other specimens available, it was difficult to go any further."
by Adam Carter 2:05 PM

Barlow says the fragment looked like it was a lower mandibular first bicuspid.
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

Barlow couldn't say if it was Bosma's tooth. "I could not say from the sample I had available. It had the appearance of a human tooth."
by Adam Carter 2:06 PM

Now seeing metal particles that were seized from The Eliminator that Barlow studied.
by Adam Carter 2:07 PM

This is the most agonisingly slow trial. Must be unbearable for the family.

Obviously you didn't follow Jodi Arias trial. Now that was long and slow, it took 2-3 weeks to go through 1 witness. Then delay after delay, I'm sure most weeks only had 8 hours of testimony in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo