Bosma Murder Trial 02.23.16 - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear that Eco Pro is now the distributor for the incinerators. The biggest difference between the roll back lid and hatch is the width of the unit. The standard hatch type is 4'9" and the roll back is 8'. IMHO, this could be significant if it was going to go on a trailer and may be the reason why the standard hatch was ordered. MOO

http://www.ecoconcepts.org/images/PDF/ECO-500F.pdf

now on lunch break, back at 1:45. Argh.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22 Std.Vor 22 Stunden
This was the first time they had someone wanting to make the unit mobile, Penner says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 21 Std.Vor 21 Stunden
Seeing photo again of The Eliminator. Penner says this is the same kind SS bought. Schlatman had told him they were putting it on a trailer,

But then we have this statement from the manufacturer "Cook"
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Feb 22 2016 4:16 PM

It's not customary to have the incinerator on a trailer, Cook says. It has happened once or twice, but not in the agriculture industry.

But then we have this statement from the manufacturer "Cook"
TwitterFacebookLinkedIn

Adam Carter

Feb 22 2016 4:16 PM

It's not customary to have the incinerator on a trailer, Cook says. It has happened once or twice, but not in the agriculture industry.

I interpret that as them saying it isn't customary for their incinerator to be PUT on a trailer....not that the company did this for them.....they both read the same to me....MOO

It would appear that Eco Pro is now the distributor for the incinerators. The biggest difference between the roll back lid and hatch is the width of the unit. The standard hatch type is 4'9" and the roll back is 8'. IMHO, this could be significant if it was going to go on a trailer and may be the reason why the standard hatch was ordered. MOO

http://www.ecoconcepts.org/images/PDF/ECO-500F.pdf

In the week discussion, I was referencing to ECO because I could not find an existing Eliminator Web site. I was shocked when they called Cook up and mentioned ECO. Makes perfect sense!

LOL Thanks again Variant you have a sharp eye. I posted too soon after you put that up.

Sony CDX-HR910Ui Marine stereo system

Where is the glass on top and for what purpose is it (IF it is there)?

Edit: I found it: Circuit Board CoatWeather (Resin Plastic Cover)

So DM has a boat, otherwise this radio would be pointless. ???

When the trial will have ended, we are trained mechanics, I think.

Lots of interesting legal arguments today, some very big in nature. Unfortunately, that's about all I can say about that.

Looks like today is going to much like yesterday. A lot of legal arguments. IMO it's centering around the Eliminator. Pillay was very quick to object yesterday when Cook made the observation that it looked that it had been used more than once. I'm wondering, if the Crown can get that into evidence here, that it can be used in a later trial.

The problem with that statement is that the witness is offering (unasked) a personal opinion, not a statement of provable fact. He was not, AFAIK, called as an "expert witness" (and some of the discussions in the voir dire may relate to qualifications of expert witnesses, or evidence being offered that certain witnesses are expert - but this is usually settled in advance. Perhaps not with a direct indictment, I don't know).

Very recently the Supreme Court made a ruling on exactly the sort of statement Mr. Cook made.

You can find a learned discussion of the issue here:

http://www.thecourt.ca/2014/03/03/e...officers-and-the-curative-proviso-r-v-sekhon/

But the gist is, an opinion, even though based on the witness' own experience, is not evidence of the facts in the case before the court. It has no probative value. It can be very misleading (in either direction -- for the Crown or for the accused), but since it is not evidence it should not be admitted.

In the worst case scenario, ignoring the rules of evidence, minor though they may seem, can lead to a mistrial, certainly give grounds for an appeal (which can be very expensive and further delay justice, whether it's justice for an innocent accused or justice for the victims of a serious crime).

If you read through all the minutiae, you will see that in the case in question, the SCC upheld the original verdict in spite of this questionable ""evidence" which the trial judge allowed, but should not have allowed. When the Crown has a strong case and plenty of supporting evidence, properly obtained and presented, they do not need to bend the rules or break them in order to get a conviction.

In an adversarial system however, which is what we have, it is the duty of the defense (in this instance, of the Crown if the role is reversed where the questionable statement is concerned) to hold the opposition's feet to the fire and insist on proper legal procedures. Whichever side does this, they are doing us, the public, and the justice system, a favour by ensuring the rules of fair trial procedures are followed.

Yes, it's frustrating for us, who are anxious to see what comes next, but the alternative: sloppy evidence introduction, witness testimony going unchallenged when it is off-limits, judge ruling on gut instinct rather than the law, either side letting the other off the hook, etc. etc., all leading to mistrials and having to go through it all over again - is far worse.

I personally am very impressed with the professional, thorough and proper conduct of the case from all parties in the face of a very difficult (emotionally and tactically) challenge. We can be proud that we have a justice system that is far more judicious in every sense than what we see south of the border, though as the Goudge inquiry found very recently (see http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/inquiries/goudge/report/index.html) we still have some egregious miscarriages of justice and must seek to avoid them by learning from them and applying remedies.

Followers of some of the more horrific examples of mismanagement in the past can see, in this case, how far we have come. The cooperation of the various police forces shows planned improvements based on Justice Galligan's recommendations after the Bernardo fiasco; the careful forensic work shows how far we have come since contaminated and even faslified evidence was allowed, unquestioned, to convict an innocent man (Guy Paul Morin. Full report here: https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/morin/morin_ch1.pdf), a news article with relevant summary here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/morin-inquiry-slams-investigation-1.161599

This article on the 30th anniversary of the murder of little Christine Jessop itemizes ten things we have learned from that case (and many apply to the Truscott case as well). We can see that learning applied in real life in the investigation, prosecution and yes the defense, in the Bosma case as well.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...0_things_that_were_learned_from_the_case.html

I assume you meant the circular glass screen on the Sony Marine radio?

See the one from the truck with the knob and circular screen marked for comparison. It is just a common CD,MP3,radio, sat radio, I concede nothing nefarious here.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• SonyMarineRadio.jpg
    SonyMarineRadio.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 177
  • SonyRadioSideView.jpg
    SonyRadioSideView.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 176
Is there no place for open discussion? I am sorry if this is not the place but I am still finding things that make that Yukon look like the penultimate getaway vehicle.

There appears to be an Infra red light bar on the dash just behind the windshield. This would allow all lighting to be turned off and driving with night goggles.

Google Infra red light bar and see what I mean. We still don't know what the strange device is in place of the stereo or the rigged item where the passenger airbag should be. I am hoping LE will at some point tell us, if not I am hoping a super sleuther can enlighten us. Type R seems to be some sort of Honda Civic thing. But the strange device with a round screen where the stereo should be is like nothing I have ever seen in a dashboard before.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

...and the "Type R" box controls those LEDs on the dash. They are sold on the web (including Amazon) as emergency flashers so that you too can look like the police (selectable blue or red from the controller). If you saw a dark GM SUV speeding down the road with flashers blazing wouldn't you think it was LE and get out of the way?

Type R.jpgStrobe lights.jpg

http://www.dx.com/p/type-r-blue-and-red-warning-strobe-light-for-all-vehicles-40-led-4037#reviews

wow, you guys are great! Thanks for the finds!

Is there no place for open discussion? I am sorry if this is not the place but I am still finding things that make that Yukon look like the penultimate getaway vehicle.

There appears to be an Infra red light bar on the dash just behind the windshield. This would allow all lighting to be turned off and driving with night goggles.

Google Infra red light bar and see what I mean. We still don't know what the strange device is in place of the stereo or the rigged item where the passenger airbag should be. I am hoping LE will at some point tell us, if not I am hoping a super sleuther can enlighten us. Type R seems to be some sort of Honda Civic thing. But the strange device with a round screen where the stereo should be is like nothing I have ever seen in a dashboard before.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sorry if a double post appears...seems im having technical difficulties today!

The top picture is a led light bar. They come in cubes or full length bars. I have a friend who has his jeep decorated in them lol

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/off-road-lights/

Also, that next pic seems to be a dimmer and on/off switch. Maybe related to lights, I don't know. They are usually just an on/off switch but MNR (of thats what it says) seems to make products that assist back lighting of products.

Wow...Im slow! The post above (Variants) could be a possibility as well. I think I retract my post lol

I assume you meant the circular glass screen on the Sony Marine radio?

See the one from the truck with the knob and circular screen marked for comparison. It is just a common CD,MP3,radio, sat radio, I concede nothing nefarious here.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Weather Coat for using the radio on a boat. I googled it. :)

...and the "Type R" box controls those LEDs on the dash. They are sold on the web (including Amazon) as emergency flashers so that you too can look like the police (selectable blue or red from the controller). If you saw a dark GM SUV speeding down the road with flashers blazing wouldn't you think it was LE and get out of the way?

View attachment 89658View attachment 89659

http://www.dx.com/p/type-r-blue-and-red-warning-strobe-light-for-all-vehicles-40-led-4037#reviews

Wow!!

If LE only look for framed/not framed tattoos, then they probably overlook something like this at times .....

Penner is the Canadian distributor. Cook is the American manufacturer. So likely the Canadian distributor had never had a Canadian customer mention wanting to make the unit mobile and therefore requesting that it run on propane. It appears that the American manufacturer has only seen it requested once or twice.

MOO

Edit: I found it: Circuit Board CoatWeather (Resin Plastic Cover)

So DM has a boat, otherwise this radio would be pointless. ???

When the trial will have ended, we are trained mechanics, I think.

Well not if it is on a boat. So why is it in a Yukon in the GTA?

MOO

Thanx to all for the radio information. I was sure it was going to turn out to have a built in police scanner.

View attachment 89658View attachment 89659

DM and his toys never cease to amaze me. However, he may have used a vhf radio in the Yukon for communication with a base station at Millardair while they were at Pearson (don't know if they would have had one at Waterloo) and he may have even had a need for flashing lights if he was driving around on the apron at either Waterloo or Pearson. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo