Bosma Murder Trial 02.29.16 - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a break down of the glove evidence today as best as I can make it out from the tweets.

There were 4 black nitrile gloves tested. 3 were found on DM when he was arrested. They did not specify where the other was found.

First glove, that was found on DM, had blood stain and yielded 2 male DNA profiles and one female profile. The DNA could be from blood, skin or sweat. This was the most important find because the blood found on the thumb of the glove matched TB's DNA. The male and female DNA found on the inside and outside of the glove matched DM and CN.

The second glove tested had a blood stain with insufficient DNA to do a comparison. They did not specify whether there was additional male and female DNA on this glove but there was either both or just female DNA on this glove based on future tweets.

One set of gloves had both male and female DNA inside. The male DNA matched DM, the female matched CN.

The other set of gloves had just female DNA inside that matched CN.

So of the four gloves, the Crown only summarized the first one which had the DNA of three people TB, DM and CN.

MOO

One was found near the barn when the incinerator was found. MOO.

Investigators also found a black nitrile glove on the ground near a barn on the property.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...en-accused-in-tim-bosma-murder-continues.html

AJ refused to tell Crime Stoppers where the truck was. He only went to the police after he had learned they came to the hangar. They came to the hangar because Igor spotted the Ambition tattoo.

IMO the circumstances are unbelievable that DM had been on file after being carded regarding the ambition tattoo and gave LE an early lead. I'm sure DM didn't expect to see LE as soon as he did after the unexpected hangar visit and went into panic mode

People keep saying this but what if Igor hadn't seen the Ambition tattoo?

ABro I think of this everyday as I read through these threads. Since the Audrey Gleave and Tim Bosma murder I find myself much more observant of details around me and suspicious behaviour. Thank goodness IT remembered the tatoo.

IMO the circumstances are unbelievable that DM had been on file after being carded regarding the ambition tattoo and gave LE an early lead. I'm sure DM didn't expect to see LE as soon as he did after the unexpected hangar visit and went into panic mode

What does this mean? That you don't believe it? That you think someone's lying? Or just that you're flabbergasted about what the court was told happened?

AJ refused to tell Crime Stoppers where the truck was. He only went to the police after he had learned they came to the hangar. They came to the hangar because Igor spotted the Ambition tattoo.

ABro, I do agree, but had AJ not called CS about TB's truck, how would LE have known it was ever there? LE did not know at the time of their first visit to see DM that the truck had been there, correct?

I wish AJ had led LE to the hangar as soon as he suspected it may be TB's truck there, but at least he made the call and IMO, some may not have. He’s no hero, but without that call DM may have had enough time to get rid of things without leaving such a traceable trail of evidence, IMO. Luckily AJ told SS about calling CS,and then DM became aware of what AJ did, and that awareness and the threat of LE being on to him became DM’s impetus to react swiftly and carelessly, IMO.

It seems AJ got scared that his call led LE to DM and that's why he eventually squawked to LE, IMO.

At the same time, DM suspected AJ's call led LE to him and not only IT's id of his ambition tattoo, and that's why he panicked and scrambled to get rid of evidence quickly, but from my understanding neither scenario was true and I'm just glad that both DM and AJ acted on their own misguided suspicions which ultimately helped LE arrest the alleged killers, IMO.

All MOO.

What does this mean? That you don't believe it? That you think someone's lying? Or just that you're flabbergasted about what the court was told happened?

Kinda thought my comment could be subject to a few interpretations, but it's the latter Abro that you touched on -flabbergasted/blown away- From my interpretation of the evidence presented thus far, it looks like all facets of neighbouring LE (Toronto, Hamilton, KW) brought their "A game" with quick, military like precision investigation from the word 'go'. Unfortunately time wasn't on TB's side, but I commend LE for treating the case as an 'active forceable confinement' senecio

Here's something to think about:

Imagine if AJ never called Crimestoppers, never took pictures of the truck, and never expressed any concern about the truck being in the hangar. Imagine he had just turned a blind eye to it altogether. If this happened, would DM have moved the truck to his mom's place? I would argue no. The truck would have stayed at the hangar, at least for a while longer while they stripped it down or did whatever they planned to do to it.

Now, in the meantime, the police talk to Igor and identify DM as a person of interest based on the ambition tattoo. As actually happened, the police then send a couple officers out to the hangar to verify the tattoo and take a look around. Now, imagine if on that visit, the truck was still there and the police found it. How would that have changed the course of things?

I think about this a lot. The police had that early, critical lead with the tattoo. But at the same time, DM got alerted by finding out about AJ's call to Crimestoppers, prompting him to move the truck and make other steps to clean up his tracks before LE finally got to him. I wonder how the course would have changed if they caught him with the truck on that first hangar visit.

Thanks matou

Here's the pic of the other canvas bag that was found at Maple Gate

mjv5e8.png

I haven't read any theories about why DNA was found on the undercarriage and maybe it's too gruesome for people to imagine but I suspect it may have been to help the body fit into the incinerator better. I apologize if that's too offensive to imagine but it is the most likely conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recall some mention that the gun was a bit of a pea shooter. Given TB was shot inside the truck, it seems to have been off-plan and may not have killed him instantly. Other shots may have been required if he tried to escape. It might explain how his phone ended up so far from the road? That isn't a good way for a killer to dispose of a phone.

Imagine if AJ never called Crimestoppers, never took pictures of the truck, and never expressed any concern about the truck being in hangar. Imagine he had just turned a blind eye to it altogether. If this happened, would DM have moved the truck to his mom's place? I would argue no. The truck would have stayed at the hangar, at least for a while longer while they stripped it down or did whatever they planned to do to it.

Now, in the meantime, the police talk to Igor and identify DM as a person of interest based on the ambition tattoo. As actually happened, the police then send a couple officers out to the hangar to verify the tattoo and take a look around. Now, imagine if on that visit, the truck was still there and the police found it. How would that have changed the course of things?

I think about this a lot. The police had that early, critical lead with the tattoo. But at the same time, DM got alerted by finding out about AJ's call to Crimestoppers, prompting him to move the truck and make other steps to clean up his tracks before LE finally got to him. I wonder how the course would have changed if they caught him with the truck on that first hangar visit.

Thank you for this post, billandrew!! You put AJ's role into crystal clear perspective for me. Yes, I agree, had he not called CS, and LE looked around the hanger when they did, DM would very likely have been caught red-handed with the truck, IMO, and all those present in the hangar at the time would have been in hot water too, IMO.

All MOO.

The police had that early, critical lead with the tattoo. But at the same time, DM got alerted by finding out about AJ's call to Crimestoppers, prompting him to move the truck and make other steps to clean up his tracks before LE finally got to him. I wonder how the course would have changed if they caught him with the truck on that first hangar visit.

But in AJ's defense, he's not the one who tipped off DM, it was SS.

Even if LE didn't get that lead on the ambition tattoo through police sources, once they publicized it (which they did on the morning of Friday May 10), they probably got multiple id's of DM pretty quickly.

Even if LE didn't get that lead on the ambition tattoo through police sources, once they publicized it (which they did on the morning of Friday May 10), they probably got multiple id's of DM pretty quickly.

I believe you missed what I was saying. If AJ had turned a blind eye to the truck and never talked to his family about his concerns, SS would never have alerted DM. The truck would have stayed at the hangar and it would have still been there when the cops came by.

Yes, from AC's Twitter: "It was like blood dust that you could see under high magnification," Sloots says.

ETA: I see amis_ already answered this. I'm a slowpoke.
:facepalm:

Mark my words----I am convinced that we will all be hearing more about this "blood dust" that could only be seen what under a microscope.
Dr. Rogers and Sloot.....are amazing experts each in their own field.

Thanks for that reminder, Satchie! I'm so back and forth about AJ and everything else in this case, it's hard to know what or who to blame sometimes, except I feel strongly that justice will be served, IMO.

I'm off to bed and maybe after a good sleep, things will make more sense tomorrow. I hope for Tim Bosma and his family's sake all the evidence will lead to conviction(s). I do know one thing though, everything that happened to Tim is completely cruel and senseless.

Good night good folks.

All MOO.

Imagine if AJ never called Crimestoppers, never took pictures of the truck, and never expressed any concern about the truck being in the hangar. Imagine he had just turned a blind eye to it altogether. If this happened, would DM have moved the truck to his mom's place? I would argue no. The truck would have stayed at the hangar, at least for a while longer while they stripped it down or did whatever they planned to do to it.

I don't like the thought of AJ's delay..my first instinct was to be irritated that he did not act swiftly as soon as he recognized the Bosma vehicle. And then I realized that it was AJ's family meeting that really set off all of the Thursday night activity to clean things up. That clean up actually set up some other key players in quick order...CN became an accomplice....SS clearly chooses sides and points the finger at himself.....anonymous friend stores the gun....contact with Charlie the IT guy is recorded and on and on.

Not to mention, apparently AJ's wife and daughter didn't want to call it in either. Not one of those 4 adults, after getting confirmation that TB's truck was in that hangar, thought they should call LE direct with this info? After seeing SB pleading on the news? :notgood:

MOO

4th glove is in the Yukon inside the bag with the incinerator receipt

Looks like gray ashes on it ..... similar to the incinerator clean-out tool

Attachments

• millard glove in yukon with incinerator  receipt looks like ashes on it.JPG
    millard glove in yukon with incinerator receipt looks like ashes on it.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 41
  • ash cleanout tool dm incinerator.JPG
    ash cleanout tool dm incinerator.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 39
Not to mention, apparently AJ's wife and daughter didn't want to call it in either. Not one of those 4 adults, after getting confirmation that TB's truck was in that hangar, thought they should call LE direct with this info? After seeing SB pleading on the news? :notgood:

MOO

Now 4 adults not wanting to call....so what were they afraid of.
That pretty much screams that they all knew that DM was up to a whole lot of no good...and not the person to be reporting to Crimestoppers be it anonymous or not.
You are absolutely right about SB's early pleas on television---heartbreaking.

4th glove is in the Yukon inside the bag with the incinerator receipt

Looks like gray ashes on it ..... similar to the incinerator clean-out tool

Agreed about the appearance of ashes on that one glove. From my experience handling campfire ashes, I would expect that kind of white/grey staining on the glove like in the picture. If that is in fact what it is, the prosecution will surely present it in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13