Bosma Murder Trial 02.29.16 - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the incinerator has an electric igniter or would it require a flame source ie lighter?

Although a power source was required for the Eliminator, a regular lighter would come in handy along with a some accelerant to ignite a fire in an open field to dispose of evidence, IMO.

If DM is not a smoker, wonder why he had lighter among his belongings when arrested? I'm a smoker, but I don't know of any of my non-smoker friends who routinely carry a lighter around with them, although it's possible they may, IMO. I guess if DM smoked drugs that could explain his need for a lighter, IMO.

All MOO.

Although a power source was required for the Eliminator, a regular lighter would come in handy along with a some accelerant to ignite a fire in an open field to dispose of evidence, IMO.

If DM is not a smoker, wonder why he had lighter among his belongings when arrested? I'm a smoker, but I don't know of any of my non-smoker friends who routinely carry a lighter around with them, although it's possible they may, IMO. I guess if DM smoked drugs that could explain his need for a lighter, IMO.

All MOO.

I'm sure DM and crew lit up the odd joint or two, smoked crack or whatever their drug of choice was. JMO

I apologize if this has already been discussed (it probably has lol) but I can't keep up with hundreds of posts daily... I'm wondering why MM (smich's gf) has not been charged with anything whereas CN was? Given what smich said ("don't tell them anything babe") at the time of his arrest, him texting her that bosma was "gone gone gone" (mentioned in the crown's opening arguments) & that her DNA was found on things it seems she was involved or at the very least knew stuff??

I'm guessing that MM had the good fortune of being arrested before CN...and that may be why she is free and CN is charged. In other words, LE were likely provided with enough incriminating evidence from MM singing, that they were not in any desperate need of making a deal with CN.

I think you're misunderstanding my question...as a hypothetical, what if half the jurors lay it on MS and the other half on DM? What then?

IMHO
I think Sillybilly maybe correct about both DM & MS being equally covered by the
'essential elements' of first degree .....
But a different thought occurred to me--What if DM is more specifically found guilty of forcible confinement resulting in death......And MS is found to be guilty of something more deliberate like firing the .38 causing death and there is DNA evidence or fingerprints to prove it at this stage.
There is just something quirky for me about there having been the forcible confinement for one and not the other.

Further to my thought---DM has been so generous on a number of occasions to dish off incriminating items to friends and acquaintances such as the DVR and the toolbox containing the gun......It has occurred to me repeatedly that the night of the theft, the 2 may well have brought a gun along "just in case" and that DM would have let MS carry it especially if he was to sit in the back seat.
I am just saying---

I don't think you are being annoying at all.

But I have been sitting here thinking about it.

Either the blood testimony on the bag got missed by reporters in all that was going on or we will hear about it tomorrow. Clearly a link has to exist between the blood stain, DM's DNA and the crime or else there's no point in bringing it forward as evidence.

I got nothing else at this point.

As someone has already pointed out, that bag/satchel may resurface when evidence is given on gun powder residue. I have a feeling that it was used to carry a gun.

The only thing linking MS to this so far is DNA from a cigarette butt found at the hangar correct? So far he's managed to stay in the background in the whole scenario. I wonder if it's the Security Video that is the real evidence that puts him in it? Waiting patiently for the pieces of the puzzle to come together.

Posting without reading ahead so this may have already been answered. However, the incinerator video would only show MS after the fact, since at that point Tim was already deceased. The Crown intends to prove they shot him.

rsbm

cansleuther: To clarify, if SB and WDB could not id MS, that IMO makes the reasoning of MS's lawyer submitting the evidence more sound re the admission that MS was present for the IT test drive and id'd as such by IT, and especially in light of the fact that there is no solid eyewitness id to name MS, (as yet) that places him at the TB test drive, IMO.

Is that correct that SB and WBD were asked to id MS and could not? Memory seems to support that view but maybe I'm way off on this and I don't want to confuse anyone about the facts we know so far.

All MOO.

Me too! (Except it was a week ago). He studied me. A couple other girls in court had similar experiences. He tends to make eye contact with observers during transition times.

So how did you feel when you looked up and he was looking right back at you???
I think had it been me I would have done an involuntary shudder that went from the top of my head right down to my toes !!
And then I read that he did it to Night_is_Mine too.
Just a thought---maybe he literally only sees people proud and free on his trips to the courtroom. He'll want to savour his days in court during the trial because when this is all over he is going to see a whole lot less of regular Canadians for a long long while.

Here is a break down of the glove evidence today as best as I can make it out from the tweets.

There were 4 black nitrile gloves tested. 3 were found on DM when he was arrested. They did not specify where the other was found.

First glove, that was found on DM, had blood stain and yielded 2 male DNA profiles and one female profile. The DNA could be from blood, skin or sweat. This was the most important find because the blood found on the thumb of the glove matched TB's DNA. The male and female DNA found on the inside and outside of the glove matched DM and CN.

The second glove tested had a blood stain with insufficient DNA to do a comparison. They did not specify whether there was additional male and female DNA on this glove but there was either both or just female DNA on this glove based on future tweets.

One set of gloves had both male and female DNA inside. The male DNA matched DM, the female matched CN.

The other set of gloves had just female DNA inside that matched CN.

So of the four gloves, the Crown only summarized the first one which had the DNA of three people TB, DM and CN.

MOO

Agreed, electricity was stated as needed for the fans/afterburner IIFC. I would expect such an expensive piece of equipment would have an electric igniter but you never know.

It had what looked to me like a riello burner (red box) on one end of it (similar to what you'd find on an oil furnace). Those have built in igniters, and need electricity for the igniter and the pump.

Agreed, electricity was stated as needed for the fans/afterburner IIFC. I would expect such an expensive piece of equipment would have an electric igniter but you never know.

Welcome Yendys :welcome:

Great question and I'd have to say I agree with you. If my propane BBQ comes with an igniter, I'd have to think a piece of equipment like that Eliminator did too, even though it was kind of a special order with propane being the fuel souce.

MOO

Here is a break down of the glove evidence today as best as I can make it out from the tweets.

There were 4 black nitrile gloves tested. 3 were found on DM when he was arrested. They did not specify where the other was found.

First glove, that was found on DM, had blood stain and yielded 2 male DNA profiles and one female profile. The DNA could be from blood, skin or sweat. This was the most important find because the blood found on the thumb of the glove matched TB's DNA. The male and female DNA found on the inside and outside of the glove matched DM and CN.

The second glove tested had a blood stain with insufficient DNA to do a comparison. They did not specify whether there was additional male and female DNA on this glove but there was either both or just female DNA on this glove based on future tweets.

One set of gloves had both male and female DNA inside. The male DNA matched DM, the female matched CN.

MOO

So of the four gloves, the Crown only summarized the first one which had the DNA of three people TB, DM and CN

I really appreciate how you've organized this important information!! :tyou: Kamille!

All MOO.

I don't know if DM is a cigarette smoker or not. It's possible he is, and had his pack in his pocket, or his murse. Most smokers I know have at *least* one extra lighter in their car, aside from the one they're currently using.

rsbm

cansleuther: To clarify, if SB and WDB could not id MS, that IMO makes the reasoning of MS's lawyer submitting the evidence more sound re the admission that MS was present for the IT test drive and id'd as such by IT, and especially in light of the fact that there is no solid eyewitness id to name MS, (as yet) that places him at the TB test drive, IMO.

Is that correct that SB and WBD were asked to id MS and could not? Memory seems to support that view but maybe I'm way off on this and I don't want to confuse anyone about the facts we know so far.

All MOO.

My memory, which is absolutely faulty at this point, is that we have never *heard* get SB asked whether she could identify MS or DM in the courtroom. We've never heard about her viewing a lineup. So it's not that she can't positively identify them, it's that we have never heard her being asked to do so.

Furthermore, I thought someone, maybe one of the journos, said there was a specific reason she and others were not being asked the question, but I don't think reason was spelled out.

If someone had opposing info (meaning, SB has stated or acknowledged that she could not positively identify them) please bring along a link, because I'm sure this will come up again.

I'm sure DM and crew lit up the odd joint or two, smoked crack or whatever their drug of choice was. JMO

I have often wondered what DM & MS were smoking the night they picked TB for the test drive. I mean the whole thing is so unbelievable---the clean up and cover up that followed so sloppy and bizarre it all seems lone humongous drug induced nightmare.

IMHO
I think Sillybilly maybe correct about both DM & MS being equally covered by the
'essential elements' of first degree .....
But a different thought occurred to me--What if DM is more specifically found guilty of forcible confinement resulting in death......And MS is found to be guilty of something more deliberate like firing the .38 causing death and there is DNA evidence or fingerprints to prove it at this stage.
There is just something quirky for me about there having been the forcible confinement for one and not the other.

Further to my thought---DM has been so generous on a number of occasions to dish off incriminating items to friends and acquaintances such as the DVR and the toolbox containing the gun......It has occurred to me repeatedly that the night of the theft, the 2 may well have brought a gun along "just in case" and that DM would have let MS carry it especially if he was to sit in the back seat.
I am just saying---

If DM was found guilty of FC but it was MS who pulled the trigger, they would still both be found guilty of 1st degree because the murder occurred during the forcible confinement at which both were present.

So of the four gloves, the Crown only summarized the first one which had the DNA of three people TB, DM and CN.

MOO

I suspect it was the one in the reddish/orange bag with the incinerator invoice. I know lots of folks here thought it was a different type of glove but I never thought that. It appeared to have whitish/grayish spots on it that would be completely inconsistent with the type that folks here posting here about. The palm of the glove (and palm side of the fingers) had that coloration as did the back of the glove, in various spots. I believe the glove in the bag was the 4th nitrile.

MOO

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a glove found at the farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties