Bosma Murder Trial 03.02.16 - Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics of MM in a push-up bra. Regardless of what I might conclude about her based on her involvement with MS, I feel bad for her. It is unfortunate that her pics have to be shown to the world. JMO

That seems a bit violating. For one I hope they made sure she was of age in those photos before displaying them. Second, what is the relevance of a "sexy selfie" being shown in court??

I don't imagine the Crown would include those type of photos gratuitously, so I'm thinking they may connect somehow in the bigger picture that will later become apparent, IMO.

All MOO.

Pics of MM in a push-up bra. Regardless of what I might conclude about her based on her involvement with MS, I feel bad for her. It is unfortunate that her pics have to be shown to the world. JMO

The photo in question that is mentioned today at trial, may be the same one online that MM herself posted for all the world to see, IMO.

All MOO.

IKWYM, but, I hope they are writhing with despair. Nothing compares to what they have allegedly put TB's family through. IMO MOO

ETA this is in response to raining earlier post

I don't imagine the Crown would include those type of photos gratuitously, so I'm thinking they may connect somehow in the bigger picture that will later become apparent, IMO.

All MOO.

Not to mention, if the picture were completely irrelevant I'm sure the defence would object, given their track record of legal arguments so far IMO

So someone's looking for a 2006 Dodge Truck in November 2012 on kijiji, the same month (or day?) that Wayne Millard dies? There are many tie-ins IMO to the WM and LB cases in today's testimony so far. JMO

The photo in question that is mentioned today at trial, may be the same one online that MM herself posted for all the world to see, IMO.

All MOO.

MOO - Maybe they are painting a picture of the relationship between MM and MS in order to calibrate with her upcoming testimony. (To validate her testimony)

I know my opinion is unpopular. I'm not trying to stick up for anyone in particular. I was a friend of TB's. But I will stand by my opinion. It will be hard for MM to ever move on from this if everyone remembers her as some murderer's slinky girlfriend, the one in the push-up bra.

That seems a bit violating. For one I hope they made sure she was of age in those photos before displaying them. Second, what is the relevance of a "sexy selfie" being shown in court??

I think it's to show how close she was to MS and how much they entrusted in each other. When it comes to her testifying the defense can't try to spin as she was just an acquaintance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the friends and family of DM and MS and their perceived unfortunate association with the accused, it cannot be forgotten that both DM and MS could have spared them a lot of the speculation had they each agreed to plead guilty, IMO. Not to mention, they especially could have spared TB's family from having to be subjected to all the gory details presented at trial, IMO.

My compassion is reserved for the victim and his family, friends and the community.

All MOO.

I know my opinion is unpopular. I'm not trying to stick up for anyone in particular. I was a friend of TB's. But I will stand by my opinion. It will be hard for MM to ever move on from this if everyone remembers her as some murderer's slinky girlfriend, the one in the push-up bra.

She had that picture posted herself before the murder. She has no class whatsoever.

I was wondering that as well. So far we have seen a lot of items introduced by the Crown that would be considered as "loose ends." For now anyway. For them to show them there must be some relevance. Time line related? Possibly found on another of the devices as well? I can't see them introducing this as evidence if it isn't somehow beneficial. MOO

It shows a lot of things. Mostly establishing that this was Smich's iPad, not some kind of shared property. A lot of the meaningless evidence presented is just to reinforce connections, whether it be to other people, devices, residences, or whatever.

I don't know. It seems like DM was pretty good at charming people. Regardless, I'm not trying to judge anyone's character, I'm just saying they are entitled like everyone else to have their privacy respected and to not be harassed/exploited unduly by the public. <modsnip>

Sorry but if you hang out with bad boys sooner or later you are going to become one of them ....or the victim of one of them.....or a witness in the trial of one of them.
It is like 'you are what you eat'.......just another law of nature.

It shows a lot of things. Mostly establishing that this was Smich's iPad, not some kind of shared property. A lot of the meaningless evidence presented is just to reinforce connections, whether it be to other people, devices, residences, or whatever.

Making it meaningful IMO

ETA I see ADAWG has answered my question as to the relevance of intimate photos.

I agree! For one she is not on trial, nor accused in any way. Regardless of what went on or is going on in the background, I feel they should have "covered up" the pics to show her face only? Or is that not allowed? I really take exception to this, however I have little knowledge of legal proceedings.

I wouldn't worry about your view not being popular, billandrew. Every contribution here is worthy, IMO and we need not all agree on everything all of the time. :)

You are obviously a very caring and compassionate soul who likely extends the benefit of the doubt to others, and that speaks well of you and your character, IMO. Also, I like it when people have the courage to state their honest opinions and will defend them, despite how others react. That's a trait I can trust. Good for you!

All MOO.

That is an excellent point thank you!

I think it's to show how close she was to MS and how much they entrusted in each other. When it comes to her testifying the defense can't try to spin as she was just an acquaintance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that millennials (and younger) have way fewer qualms about publicly posting 'sexy' pictures of themselves. (Other posts in the thread have indicated that MM herself posted the pic publicly, but I wouldn't know/have no proof.)

Whether they will regret it in ten or twenty years? Who knows. But for now they're over eighteen and they get to make their own choices, and live with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks