Bosma Murder Trial 03.02.16 - Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we all need to realize that that is the reality of living in the age of technology. If you have any internet footprint, it's out there...for good....

TOTALLY. It's scary seeing it all laid out like that!

Off I go to live off the grid now... byeeeeee.

I wasn't being insensitive to peoples privacy, but in all honesty, when DM was arrested, for most of them it just seemed like another day. Public profiles everywhere, instagram accounts and some continue to be very public. For example, this evidence today couldn't have come as a surprise to AM- yet there he is with a public profile? How about all of his friends who have now been exposed? It's hard to feel sorry for DM & MS's top tier friends-their friends and families- yes, I have all the sympathy in the world for them. MOO

Totally agree.....there are ways to make instagram and facebook accounts private.....that's the first thing I would be doing if I was somehow connected to someone who had been arrested for murder....MOO

From AC's tweets: "The serial number of that iPad is DN6H6DPGDFJ1. Now the court is seeing a picture of the iPad seized from Smich's home in Oakville with the same serial number."

I am hoping this serial number matches the one that LB had been loaned from her former boyfriend, SL. Maybe I am grasping at straws, but there is hope IMO that the ipad found at MS's home could be one and the same.

All MOO.

You can search that number and find that's an iPad 2 with wifi and 3G introduced in March 2011 and discontinued March 2014. I had the exact same one.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 54s55 seconds ago
Expert points out that the hand in the photo of the gun has a distinctive freckle.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Seeing close up of hand with gun photo. Taken Aug. 3, 2012, 1:04 pm on ipad2. Freckle on index finger. Can see partial view of man's face.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
This photo found only on Mark's iPad backup. Man seems to have slight moustache. Other photos of Smich show slight moustache.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Seeing a rotated and zoomed in version of handgun photo. Can see a freckle or mole on one finger. Can see part of a face.

Oh boy...time for the Crown to bring in an expert from the forensic freckle faculty

That picture is very disturbing. But I think it's going to be used as evidence more at WM's trial than TB's.

I remember that picture. It's hard to dismiss as "coincidence." But as for trial re WM's demise, it has not been determined whether that case will go to trial or not. A judge has yet to rule on whether there is sufficient evidence to proceed. IIRC a decision was supposed to come down this month or next .

Im thinking that no he wasn't involved since he hasn't been charged. But, he seems very close, meaning there appear to be many interrelationships. He also went to the Baja race correct?

We don't know that AM had any role in the crime. We do believe that he was at one time living at Maplegate with DM. They were clearly friends for a number of years based on AM's FB account. There are still photos and at least one video of DM on his FB page. The video shows someone holding the camera/phone walking out of the hanger toward a helicopter with running blades and Millard is in the pilot's seat. It looks like, from posts on AM/s timeline that DM was looking to teach AM to potentially fly. Not sure what the mods are thinking of us looking and reporting on his FB page given we have no knowledge that AM is facing charges or has been charged. His most recent posts on his own timeline indicating him living life....

I remember that picture. It's hard to dismiss as "coincidence." But as for trial re WM's demise, it has not been determined whether that case will go to trial or not. A judge has yet to rule on whether there is sufficient evidence to proceed. IIRC a decision was supposed to come down this month or next .

Judge will rule in 2 days (Friday).

Totally agree.....there are ways to make instagram and facebook accounts private.....that's the first thing I would be doing if I was somehow connected to someone who had been arrested for murder....MOO

But then if you were ever on trial for anything, your lawyers wouldn't be able to say that your account was out in the open for anyone to look at so you weren't hiding anything. ;)

I wasn't being insensitive to peoples privacy, but in all honesty, when DM was arrested, for most of them it just seemed like another day. Public profiles everywhere, instagram accounts and some continue to be very public. For example, this evidence today couldn't have come as a surprise to AM- yet there he is with a public profile? How about all of his friends who have now been exposed? It's hard to feel sorry for DM & MS's top tier friends-their friends and families- yes, I have all the sympathy in the world for them. MOO

I agree with you, but I still feel bad for them. More so for the "peripheral" friends who clearly had nothing to do with a murder and likely had no idea DM was capable of committing it. And it's easy to look back and say people should have made their social media accounts private.

Yeah, highly disturbing to me too, especially since the Steam profile was created around the time WM died. Not sure if the photo was necessarily added that time too, but still....

It just goes to show how sick DM actually is. IMO

What was the weapon used in the WM case?

Can they use the same evidence for different trials, meaning use the same evidence more than once?

Thanks for the input.

Welcome earlygirl :welcome:

That picture is very disturbing. But I think it's going to be used as evidence more at WM's trial than TB's.

MOO

Today's evidence in conjunction with all the evidence presented so far IMO leaves little room for reasonable doubt that DM is guilty as charged. I think more evidence will follow about MS, but things looks pretty bad for him too, IMO.

As Abro kindly reminded me last night, reasonable doubt has to be reasonable. The big picture is emerging nicely, IMO and it's going to be huge when all is said and done!

Al MOO.

I agree with you, but I still feel bad for them. More so for the "peripheral" friends who clearly had nothing to do with a murder and likely had no idea DM was capable of committing it. And it's easy to look back and say people should have made their social media accounts private.

I think MsS is referring to the fact that the profiles are PUBLIC as of TODAY......not back then.....very easy to restrict FB access to only your friends so you don't have random people looking at your profile and commenting on your pictures....

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 31s31 seconds ago
Now seeing sexy selfies of girl who appears to be Meneses in push-up bra.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
Some photos were found on both the iPad and backup. Others were found only in that Jan 20 backup--not on physical iPad.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
Sorry, to clarify, the backup of the iPad ("Mark's iPad") occurred on Jan 20, 2013

how is this relevant to Tim's murder? was this necessary to show photos of her in court in a pushup bra?

That seems a bit violating. For one I hope they made sure she was of age in those photos before displaying them. Second, what is the relevance of a "sexy selfie" being shown in court??

Im thinking that no he wasn't involved since he hasn't been charged. But, he seems very close, meaning there appear to be many interrelationships. He also went to the Baja race correct?

Yes, he raced with him and SS in Baja.

Rachael Harvie ‏@rharvie_41
@susanclairmont does the trial run March 14-18?

Susan ClairmontVerified account
‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Rachael Harvie
No.

What was the weapon used in the WM case?

I believe it was an illegally obtained handgun, but I'd have to find the link to MSM. I think initially it was reported to be a long gun. I'll have to find an article to link.

how is this relevant to Tim's murder? was this necessary to show photos of her in court in a pushup bra?

I was wondering that as well. So far we have seen a lot of items introduced by the Crown that would be considered as "loose ends." For now anyway. For them to show them there must be some relevance. Time line related? Possibly found on another of the devices as well? I can't see them introducing this as evidence if it isn't somehow beneficial. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member