Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe they are focusing on where this shell was found. Those shells fly at quite the velocity. It could have ricocheted off of pretty much anywhere in the enclosed area of a truck cab, regardless of where it was shot from. I believe once they add in the evidence of where the concentration of gun shot residue was found it will have a greater impact than where the shell casing was found with regards to where the shooter was positioned. MOO

For anyone that has never seen how a handgun ejects the shell, watch this clip. Now this isn't the exact gun but the principal is the same. Even in slow motion you can get a sense of how fast that shell is being ejected.

[video=youtube;glqZO0s8ouE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glqZO0s8ouE[/video]

Could probably get them at the gun store in Hamilton if he knew someone with a gun license.

Yes but where are the rest of them? Did he get some with the gun? Was the gun loaded with 8 when he got it and was his ammo in short supply at the time of an alleged 3rd murder? ;)

MOO

Dungey says Sachak did not present any evidence as to what the truck looked like before it was stripped. "That would change your opinion as to the mobility of any casing, correct?" he says. Banks says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

Dungey also talking about how the truck was moved and transported. "That could easily cause a casing to flip back?" Dungey says. "Yes, it could," Banks says.
by Adam Carter 12:33 PM

"It could flip back, because of jolts," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 12:33 PM

"Pulling it back into the flat bed could cause considerable jerking," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 12:34 PM

The truck was removed from the trailer by a tow truck, onto a flat bed, because it was crammed in there so tightly.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey's turn to cross for Smich. Dungey asks Banks to speculate: if casing was on seat when it's down, then seat lifted, casing would fall.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Dungey saying angle of truck as winched into trailer could cause casing to roll back in cab.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Smich lawyer gets Banks to agree bullet casing could have moved or bounced back from the front seat, under varying circumstances #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
He asks about possibility of casing rolling from front of cab to back during transportation. Banks agrees totally possible. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Dungey points out the truck was moved up into the trailer, presumably on an angle. Banks agrees that could do it. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
He says truck photos Sachak used show a stripped interior. Says floor would've been smoother with carpeting. Again, B agrees. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
Dungey finished with Banks. Re-exam by Crown Leitch. Back to collection of GSR, establishes Banks only collects samples, not an expert.

***more shell game. Looks like retired officer Banks isn't playing though. He's going to agree with any possibility, knowing that it's all nonsense and no one can say for sure where the casing originated from, other than from the gun. Which no one can definitively say where it was when fired since the body was incinerated.

In fact if Sachak continues this line it makes the Crown more than likely to bring in an expert which they probably will and the trajectory of a shell is MORE likely to have sailed from the front seat to the back as a back seat shot would have been so close to the rear window it likely would ricochet off and bounce back towards the front seat. I think the shell there makes a front seat shot FAR more likely but then I am not an expert. JMO

Honestly does it really matter which one of these Cretans pulled the trigger. The blame game--- you're more guilty than me. Give me a friggin break.
(I would have called them orangatans but it would be such an insult to our noble orange primate friends)

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5m5 minutes ago
Sachak establishes that #TimBosma truck seats in the back were always folded up (non-use position) since police seizure

This one confuses me because there are evidence photos with the seat flipped down taking pics of the blood stain on the seat. :waitasec:

I hope this is either a non complete tweet or that this jury is good with details.

MOO

Maybe they are in the yellow toolbox?

Speaking of that, where would someone in Canada legally obtain Winchester .380 bullets for this gun? I'm surprised LE didn't find a box of them somewhere in the mess at Maplegate Dr.

MOO

Dungey says there were "all kinds of actions" that happened with the truck -- it was moved from Millard's mother's driveway to Hamilton, and then Tillsonburg. On the way to Tillsonburg, the truck's back doors opened up.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

Dungey is now done with cross examination.
by Adam Carter 12:39 PM

Now taking lunch break. Back at 2 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:40 PM

Its going to be VERY interesting to hear the separate defense presentations when we get to that. I think you are right and they will be VERY adversarial. IMO Guilty for sure but the defense will be showing 'the other guy is more guilty than my guy'.

DM's previous lawyer did say they were going to "zealously" fight the charges. DM and MS are definitely adversaries.

Dungey says there were "all kinds of actions" that happened with the truck -- it was moved from Millard's mother's driveway to Hamilton, and then Tillsonburg. On the way to Tillsonburg, the truck's back doors opened up.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

Dungey is now done with cross examination.
by Adam Carter 12:39 PM
Where did the aggressive Dungey go? Chalk one up to the Crown for clarifying that little issue with the Jury. MOO

am I the only bored out of my skull my the current cross going on, and Banks' statement as a whole.. so repetitive. I understand the need for it but c'mon..

:bored::sleep:

Geesh, SM lawyer couldn't read my post that quick! He's on the ball today.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey's turn to cross for Smich. Dungey asks Banks to speculate: if casing was on seat when it's down, then seat lifted, casing would fall.

Funny how they don't mind the witnesses speculating when it suits their needs.

Obviously, SO much happened to the truck between the trigger pull and stowing of the truck in the trailer. That shell casing could have been plenty of places, all over the place and a thousand other places, and then back to where they found it. Where they found it has no bearing on who fired the gun, IMO.

it's just so strange the involvement this girl has (CN)...why on earth would she be interested in having a picture of a gun sent to her? Was she a gun collector? Was this part of her ART? Staged photo for something?

Was this part of her 'kink'?

Hoping that the blood spatter expert can give a more precise idea of where Tim was and where the shooter would have been, as well as be able to explain all the spatter on the outside of the truck. I hope my belief that the blood on the under carriage, muffler etc was either from blood seeping though seat bolts, or from driving over blood that came from Tim when he was moved from the truck. Also the "tissue" matter that was collected should confirm if this was brain matter to tell us where TB was shot. :(

That was my gut interpretation the first day DM did the head-shaking routine, but in retrospect he would be implicating himself by acknowledging that there was anything to clean up that he personally had knowledge of.

Then again, we are seeing repeatedly that he's not the sharpest crayon in the drawer.

Pretty sure he can't even spell "drawer".

True, but it looks like the work of a Grade 7 student. My point was that he didn't learn the same writing skills in school as most Canadian kids and this probably contributes to the immature look of his English written output. He also forms his numerals in the European (UK and French) way.

Former homeschool mom here :) I taught 4 of my 7 how to read and write, and DM's printing in that letter does not look "child-like" to me at all. Not even close. But, that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum