Bosma Murder Trial 03.09.16 - Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What hard evidence is there that Smich was even with Millard that night besides that his phone was in the general area at about that time? No positive IDs, No recognizable security footage, and not one fingerprint. My guess is that this is probably the reason MM avoided prosecution while CN got nailed. Their case against Smich would be weak without her details.

The reason why MM avoided prosecution was likely because she was not a participant in the murder, nor in assisting the accuseds cover up the murder and avoid detection. Apparently it is not a criminal offence to know things, hear things, be told things, and not report it/share said information with the police.. I believe it is more of a moral and ethical 'offence', but not one that one can face criminal charges for. MOO.

CN meanwhile, was physically present with DM when he i)took TB's truck hidden inside a trailer to DM's mother's driveway, presumably to avoid being found; ii)went to the farm to move the incinerator to a more secluded location on the site, presumably to avoid being found; and iii)delivered a toolbox which apparently had both a gun, and GSR inside, to a mutual friend of DM and MS, also presumably to avoid being found; and iv)CN's DNA was found on one of the nitrile gloves that LE had confiscated, which glove also had blood on it. Because of her direct participation in all of that, and the Crown's theory that CN knew or ought to have known, that a truck was stolen and a man was murdered, she faces Accessory charges. I believe there is no evidence to suggest that MM was physically involved in any of the cleanup/hiding evidence activities. MOO

yes....one wonders if she still has loving feelings for him...there are plenty of sick and twisted women attracted to psychopathic killers who are doing time behind bars....scott peterson...the menendez brothers...richard ramirez (the night stalker) etc

Paul Bernardo

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by canali

yes....one wonders if she still has loving feelings for him...there are plenty of sick and twisted women attracted to psychopathic killers who are doing time behind bars....scott peterson...the menendez brothers...richard ramirez (the night stalker) etc

Paul Bernardo

yup...just do some google searches..will make your jaw drop and your head spin.
thank god for all the other more sane gals around us.

The jury on this case is made up of folks just like us here. They may not know as much about this case as those of us who dig, and dig, and compare, and dig some more, and cross reference, etc., but I'm going to assume they're reasonably sharp people that know a line of horse-hooey when they're hearing one. Such as, a defense attorney attempting to cause reasonable doubt by throwing out all sorts of possibilities and speculative ideas that can actually be ruled out.

That said, I think the timeline of the evening Tim went missing is 100% critical and must match at least beyond a reasonable doubt for the jurors to get an accurate picture of where the accused were from 9pm onward. Between all the different surveillance video from Trinity Road to the hangar, I think the Crown did an excellent job showing exactly where they were and what they were doing. For me personally, was the video seen AFTER the sun came up and it being perfectly clear, that was DM's truck towing the trailer. Frustrating that the video evidence didn't also show them putting truck IN the trailer, but that was obviously out of view of the camera.

Just some random thoughts. moo, etc.

Following the theory that this was all about the truck (sad very sad).... looks like the red Dodge has seen better days.
attachment.php

Taken from page 49 of todays presentation

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 141
Yes but not just anyone can pump propane. You have to have a license for it. I'm not sure gas stations are going to be employing people overnight with that kind of expertise. Isn't it usually just an attendant to take payments? They wouldn't be able to leave the cash to fill a propane tank IMO.

MOO

We, of course, have no idea.. but normally industrial businesses will have a contract with a service company who will come at regularly scheduled intervals (ie weekly perhaps) to exchange/refill empty tanks with full tanks. In those cases, the cylinders (containers) are not actually owned by the customer, but by the service company.. service company rents out the cylinders, and then charges each week (or whatever interval) for the fuel used/exchanged. I noticed that MA had at least one forklift which would also have required propane (was in a video (AM FB), I believe wrecking a vehicle or something, in the old hangar). They could have conceivably had 2 tanks to fire up the incinerator with... one on the machine, and a spare for when the one on the machine ran out. I can't see them going out in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning, to refill a tank that large.. but could be wrong. MOO (I wonder if LE checked whether there were any such contracts in place, to see how much fuel was being used historically, compared to around the time of the 'event'?).

I think Pillay's cross pointed out one thing...Had these two NOT played follow the leader it would have been much harder to identify a SINGLE vehicle traveling in the videos. However, since the TWO trucks were always traveling close together it ruled out the other similar vehicles. The chances of one similar vehicle traveling through any of the videos was high but the likelihood of TWO vehicles (Ram and the Yukon) traveling through ALL of the videos with Ram in front Yukon in rear is so unlikely to be anything BUT the two accused that it totally maintains continuity of the theory of events. The more I think about it I am amazed at LE for managing to piece this all together. MOO (Good job you guys!)

My first thought was resumes. Seems like everyone around DM was working on resumes...
Maybe her boyfriend told her he got her a job (cleaning ashes from an incinerator by hand) and she's eagerly bringing out her resume.

I was wondering about the bursts of light (possible flames) from the eliminator outside the hanger..could they be from checking whats going on inside ?? Or possibly opening a door to get rid of other evidence..such as bloody rags or clothes from the truck clean up

BBM - I agree. DM looks confident and cool. MS on the other hand appears tentative, and is looking around (looked all the way to the right, then all the way to the left, and then he even looked back outside before walking off screen). Was he looking for something? Paranoid?

scared for his life?

I was wondering about the bursts of light (possible flames) from the eliminator outside the hanger..could they be from checking whats going on inside ?? Or possibly opening a door to get rid of other evidence..such as bloody rags or clothes from the truck clean up

We will never know, for sure. And that is ok. I don't think I even want to know.

IIFC SB said MS was wearing a red hoodie with the hood up. I was thinking the same thing - they must have changed clothes. There is no way the could have put TB in the incinerator without getting blood on them. From personal experience, calving cows, red and orange are the best colours to wear to hide blood stains - if you're planning on wearing the clothes again. :(
I believe SB said DM was wearing an orange t-shirt ?? long sleeved. MOO

Yes I believe she said long-sleeved orange and the other red hoodie. We need these security cams to be in colour!

The jury on this case is made up of folks just like us here. They may not know as much about this case as those of us who dig, and dig, and compare, and dig some more, and cross reference, etc., but I'm going to assume they're reasonably sharp people that know a line of horse-hooey when they're hearing one. Such as, a defense attorney attempting to cause reasonable doubt by throwing out all sorts of possibilities and speculative ideas that can actually be ruled out.

That said, I think the timeline of the evening Tim went missing is 100% critical and must match at least beyond a reasonable doubt for the jurors to get an accurate picture of where the accused were from 9pm onward. Between all the different surveillance video from Trinity Road to the hangar, I think the Crown did an excellent job showing exactly where they were and what they were doing. For me personally, was the video seen AFTER the sun came up and it being perfectly clear, that was DM's truck towing the trailer. Frustrating that the video evidence didn't also show them putting truck IN the trailer, but that was obviously out of view of the camera.

Just some random thoughts. moo, etc.

agreed
IMO

My thoughts too ... they maybe tried to toss evidence in there .... but I doubt they were successful and had to burn it the next day at the farm.

I say that because:

--- the first "glowing fire" in the video came from the (open) top lid of the incinerator when they first lit the fire (built in electronic spark) ... most likely the lid is kept open to prevent an explosive gas mixture from building up ... once the fire is started then the top lid is closed

--- later we see a smaller flame from the lower ash clean-out door ... either they were checking the progress of the machine or maybe they wanted to toss in some gloves or clothing or whatever ... but that will not work because a back-draft fireball comes out of the opening .... remember the whole unit is slightly pressurized by the blower fans plus the fire itself creates an expansive pressure.

I'm surprised the Crown didn't ask the witness from the Eliminator manufacturer in Georgia whether flames or light could ever be visible while in operation.

We're looking for something close to the hangar in Breslau. The SUV was gone for 30 minutes from 12:42am to 1:12am. After it returned, at 1:33am DM and MS were seen on the video inside the hangar and at 1:44am the incinerator was lit.

So wherever it went, it was no more than 10-15 minutes out from the hangar and then back again, depending on how long it was at it's destination. Still not sure if one or both of them were in the SUV at this time.

MOO

ETA: The idea of going for propane is good. Just trying to figure out if there is somewhere they could have done this at that time of the morning.

Maybe Smich ran out of smokes. My guess is that he was probably chain smoking them from 9:00 onward. I'd say it's pretty likely he was going through at least 4 or 5 an hour, so by 1:00 he must have been getting low, even if he'd started with a fresh deck. With a long night ahead he may have needed to replenish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have finally caught up after being away for business for two days. I am saddened and sickened from the testimony. Reading about SB sobbing made me sob as I'm sure it did many. I pray for the Bosma family and friends.
Thanks to those who take the time to post the tweets and to all who share their opinions and insight on this forum.
I wonder what today will bring. I truly hope the other witnesses to come ie CN, SS and MM will be cooperative and the truth comes out. I am hopeful yet doubtful.
Every day on my way to work I drive past the intersection of Trinity Rd and Wilson Street. There is not a day that I do not think of Tim Bosma as I pass through. RIP Tim Bosma.

Do you recall the hours the propane filling station was open?

I would think with a tank that size and possibly other propane items around the hangar..Millardair might have a large propane tank on premises and that superior or another company comes in and fills the tank. Our shop is heated by propane and it gets filled by superior every month. I don't think the size of the propane tank on the eliminator would be easily removed and just taken to a filling station..you would probably have to take the whole trailer there..and can you imagine pulling into a gas station with that and getting it filled up? The looks it would get?

I also wanted to point out defense grasping at a particular straw today. It was mentioned about a vehicle passing by the Super Sucker at 9:05 that "could" have been the Bosma truck.

NO, no it could not have been. At 9:05 the Bate phone was calling Tim's phone and DM and MS were walking down Tim's driveway. The truck was still parked at Tim's house, at that time.

I think that is why he was calling in to question how the witness authenticated the time stamps. Basically the defence theory is that LE built their theory by what they saw on video, then made the timeline fit however it suited them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]Tim Bosma Murder Trial: Video at Dellen Millard’s hangar the night Bosma is killed | EXHIBIT #99 (A)[/h]
[video=youtube;H9ZN1qA2lCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZN1qA2lCI&list=UUnsj4TU7mOQ-4l2HOaRekgA&index=1[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse