Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly new here, but I can answer this question. We had work done on our property with an excavator for several weeks. The "ether" is used to start the engine of the excavator, in my case it was a diesel excavator, don't know if only diesel needs ether. They would start the machine in the morning, and it would run all day. There was at least one morning that they could not start the engine because they had run out of ether the previous day, and had forgotten to get more. They did try though for a good 15 minutes or so, without the ether, and it was a no go. So someone had to run out and buy some before they could get it started. So I think that if you are really lucky you might get the engine started without it, but much safer to have it on hand.

Welcome to posting Skibunny! :welcome:

Thanks for that explanation. I had no idea what that meant and thought it was a bad typo so I ignored it. Very helpful first post. Hope you chime in more often. :)

This is what makes me think DM is telling his lawyer what he wants him to talk about. The new explanation is just as stupid as the first. I think a good lawyer would prefer to just drop it. The lawyer is just obeying his boss in my opinion.

I do hope the line of questioning is at DM's direction, which would lead me to believe also that even if his lawyers advise him not to testify in his own defense, he may well disregard their good advice and take the stand despite it.

DM needs control, IMO, and will assert it at every opportunity, IMO.

All MOO.

only a question if anyone knows.

If a defense lawyer met with a Crown witness, what would conquences be for this if it was found out? It's not like a Jury or Judge would know something like this happened......if that witness was pro defense having to testify for the Crown.

I can't figure out why he is even asking a mechanic about the business of finances when he completely discredited the book keeper for the same thing. And the idea that MB was running the business as it was intended is suspect since she gave up and had to sell it?

Yes...I'd like to see the books to see how many planes ended up renting space there and how much they made from them. It's one thing to flog that but you've got to back it up. Oh wait...not when you're the defense. You can pretty much say anything you want without backup. And as you've said, it was obviously not profitable because she sold the hangar.

MOO

<rsbm>

Also, in regard to that Dr. appt.. it seemed that it was for MS.. and from what I can gather from the photo.. looks like it might be with this doc in Oakville:

Dr Parlow, Carol Marian

Psychiatrist

http://www.doctor-ontario.com/medecin/medecin-parlow-carol-marian-5422.htm

The writing on the calendar is difficult to decipher, but the grocery list is more clear. It looks like it says the appointment is with a Dr. Pragloski - there is a GP with that name in Etobicoke.

29bez44.jpg

MS was arrested on May 22, 2013, but charges for murdering LB were not made until almost a year later. This leads me to suspect that the ipad found in MS's bedroom was not SL's, otherwise, I would hope that charges would have been laid in that murder a whole lot sooner. moo

<rsbm>

The writing on the calendar is difficult to decipher, but the grocery list is more clear. It looks like it says the appointment is with a Dr. Pragloski - there is a GP with that name in Etobicoke.

29bez44.jpg

Thank you cansleuther, I was looking at a pic that was cut off! So scratch my post about the psych visit!

What I took from that was, that DM was digging up old foundations. Rather than preparing for a new one.

I thought that is what was meant too....but that doesn't make any sense either. There wouldn't be an old foundation in a swampy area.

IMO both DM's personal and MA's business financial records and bank statements should be allowed into evidence. I may be interpreting it wrong, but IMO, without proof of all the conjecture being tossed about by DM's defense team about DM's so-called wealth, I think it appears very suspicious.

Why not simply produce this information instead of asking those unqualified to comment about his wealth (SS or JV) or dismissing details from someone with direct knowledge of his bank accounts (cash flow) LW1? I believe it's because such information would not confirm the common perception of DM's associates that DM is "loaded".

All MOO.

Mar 31 2016 3:48 PM
Sachak again attempting to illustrate Millard's wealth. "You told police he had more money than the average Joe ... he had more money than the average Shane Schlatman," Sachak says. "He's loaded, it what you told the police."

BBM
I found this comment by NS unnecessary.

Yeah, another idiotic comment from NS, IMO. As a lawyer, IMO, he's a complete buffoon.

It might be as simple as instructions from DM to "ask this question or you're fired." What lawyer would risk halting the trial at this point. There was another time earlier in the trial when I thought that DM was directing the questions, in particular the questions about hosting parties. In that case, DM interrupted the questioning to speak with his lawyer, who came back with questions to confirm how DM had parties. Does anyone remember where that happened in the trial?

I found the line of questioning where I thought that DM was leading his lawyer to show DM's good natured personality.

From #33 at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-23-16-Day-26/page3&highlight=Robert+Bochenek

"You considered him to be a rich acquaintance or rich friend, fair?" Sahack asks. Bochenek says yes.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

Bochenek says he had been at parties at Millard's place before moving in.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Sachak reading out a text from Millard, in which he says he takes most of his garbage out in the Yukon.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Sachak asks for a moment, now speaking with Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

Sachak now asking about parties and BBQ's at the house. Bochenek says he had been going there since 2010.
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

Sachak now done. Smich's lawyers have no questions.
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

MS was arrested on May 22, 2013, but charges for murdering LB were not made until almost a year later. This leads me to suspect that the ipad found in MS's bedroom was not SL's, otherwise, I would hope that charges would have been laid in that murder a whole lot sooner. moo

The police wouldn't need to be in a rush to process all the evidence for the LB arrest, since DM was already in prison.

Do we know that that was the intent - digging out a 100 year old house foundation? Or was he starting to dig for a new foundation for his 'dream house'? What if he dug up an old septic bed/tank? What if there were old Indian artifacts? (Or was he digging to prepare for a pet cemetery business?) I'm not sure it is legal to just start digging on a property, even if you own it, without some kind of approvals from the Town/Region?

Do we know that that was the intent - digging out a 100 year old house foundation? Or was he starting to dig for a new foundation for his 'dream house'? What if he dug up an old septic bed/tank? What if there were old Indian artifacts? (Or was he digging to prepare for a pet cemetery business?) I'm not sure it is legal to just start digging on a property, even if you own it, without some kind of approvals from the Town/Region?

If DM and MB applied to build an automotive workspace I would think he would been aware of the township's requirements for any other projects and had a Survey showing what was where on the property ie: well/septic

I am dealing with an issue similar to this currently Septic tank vs structure and drilled well

Napper505

re: artifacts I am very aware of this issue, I am sure DM and MB are as well as some one posted earlier that CM was a descendant of "JB" native owner of many nearby acres. I think that thread was removed. http://www.cbc.ca/news/homeowner-charged-35-000-by-archeologists-1.872910

Queue Banjo music!

Course this one might be a little more appropriate ... LOL

[video=youtube;08e9k-c91E8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8&spfreload=10[/video]

The police wouldn't need to be in a rush to process all the evidence for the LB arrest, since DM was already in prison.

True. Or to lay charges on people that were already in jail, until they were sure they had all their ducks in a row, so to speak. I think the provenance of the ipad is up in the air yet.

I'm just thinking about how fortunate it is that DM and MS did not get bail. I can only imagine had either of them been free until the trial started, they could have found ways to get to witnesses, IMO - perhaps through a sympathetic intermediary?

As it is, IMO, it does not look good that DM's mother is in contact with SS who I presume is on DM's no contact list.

All MOO.

This is what makes me think DM is telling his lawyer what he wants him to talk about. The new explanation is just as stupid as the first. I think a good lawyer would prefer to just drop it. The lawyer is just obeying his boss in my opinion.

Surprising DM is direction? Nah....he's a wanna be superstar attorney himself, don't ya remember? He's goin' solo for the WM trial

Are we ever going to get the context of the text from DM to SS aboit the Bosma family?
Why is this such a sticking point?
SS said he knew about the truck beings TBs on May 9th in the evening, and then just randomly DM texts him saying about the family?

There has to be more to it...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I think Sachak is helpfully reminding us that if DM just wanted to steal a truck, he could have easily done so with SS' help. He's reminding us that his sicko client wanted to kill as much as he wanted the truck.

Sachak... While it is true that your client is charged with theft over $5000... (did DM forget to tell you?).... we are waaaay past that now, this is a murder trial. Focus!! :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966