Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole hangar is 55,000 sq. ft.

http://www.570news.com/2015/04/02/millardair-hangar-sells-making-room-for-chartright-air-group/

I don't think you would rent the whole hangar, just enough space to park your plane?

Is $15,000 normal? Won't lie, my jaw kind of dropped but I know zip about aviation.
Guess I won't be parking my non-existent plane anywhere. :crazy:

Adam Carter
Mar 31 2016 12:53 PM
In Spring 2012 MillardAir didn't have a government licence to have planes in the hangar, court hears.

Umm....wrong. You don't need a government licence to have planes in the hangar. You need a government licence to do maintenance on planes in the hangar.

They never got a licence to rent the hangar out after his arrest either. Someone just actually put out notice that they were willing to rent the space. Probably all it took to get planes in there. Maybe DM should have tried that. But it was too much trouble for him to move his crap out of there first and secure the place with a decent surveillance system I guess? But nice try Pillay.

MOO

SS is the manager of the hangar and he doesn't know what the nightly rental fee is for the planes? On what planet would anyone be expected to believe that?

Really. Someone calls the company and requests a rate to store their plane there overnight and he says what? Here, call this cell number and speak to Ms Burns, I only open the door to let you in once you've made a deal with her. Pulleeze. His coaching is so transparent.

MOO

Is $15,000 normal? Won't lie, my jaw kind of dropped but I know zip about aviation.

Considering they were paying $19,000 per year to rent the land, I'd say that sounds a little high. :rolleyes:

I love that Dungey gets to go after DM's defense.

MOO

Not even remotely close to this number!!!! To put it in perspective...to park the largest airplane at Waterloo Airport it costs $60/day. That is out in the open (for everyone to see, not trying to hide your airplane) BUT there is no way it jumps from $60 to $15000 to park inside. Frankly I think $1500 sounds like a huge amount. For that price it better come with a massage! MOO

http://www.waterlooairport.ca/en/businessatykf/ratesfees.asp

One tweet said $1500 and one said $15000, isn't it possible the larger number was a typo?

I tweeted the reporters and they conferred and AH also had $1,500 in his notes as well as SC. So I think the answer is $1,500/night.

I tweeted the reporters and they conferred and AH also had $1,500 in his notes as well as SC. So I think the answer is $1,500/night.

That might also be incorrect. Perhaps that rate was by the month? If it's only $60 to park outside on the apron, why would anyone park in that hangar for $1500 for one night?

This link at Brantford airport shows some monthly rates for small planes in the $350-$500 range.

MOO

http://www.brantfordairport.ca/aviation/Pages/T_Hangar_Leases.aspx

Earlier testimony showed MB name on the building permit for the farm building.
What appear to be trusses are piled in a heap in this GoogleEarth shot from Sept 2013.

attachment.php

Based on the testimony, I believe that MB was already involved with trying to "right the ship" and get some cash-flow coming in to a sinking MAir, prior to May 6th.
She had $125000 reasons to keep the gravy train flowing. Interesting that she was only successful once her son was locked away out of the picture.
SS has proved himself to be "loyal to the boss" for a pay cheque... so she kept him around.

my opinion only

Attachments

• Trusses behind barn Sept 2013.jpg
    Trusses behind barn Sept 2013.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 217
Really. Someone calls the company and requests a rate to store their plane there overnight and he says what? Here, call this cell number and speak to Ms Burns, I only open the door to let you in once you've made a deal with her. Pulleeze. His coaching is so transparent.

MOO

Well I suppose it's possible he really didn't know what the rental rate was because he wasn't actually the "manager" of the hangar. A true manager would know these things (my hubby is plant manager where he works and he knows the company up one side and down the other), but the guy who swept the floor, answered the phone and locked the door at night likely wouldn't know. I suspect his title at the hangar has been greatly exaggerated. Or he's bold faced lying. Or both.

moo.

The price per night for leaving the plane in the hanger would have been based on the size of th planes footprints. I recall that the hangar was large enough to hold large passenger planes. So maybe that is where the higher number comes from.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 27s28 seconds ago
Millard was invited to Schlatman's wedding. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11s12 seconds ago
"You're not lying are you? You're not tailoring your evidence to suit Mr. Millard?" Sachak asks. Schlatman says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

Hmmm maybe they do read WS ;)

I remember, but cannot find, the reference to a letter or other means that DM was trying to prevent a witness from testifying. Didn't he write a letter to CN to say something along those lines? Could it be SS, or is there someone else entirely? And if it is SS maybe that is why the cross began with clearing up that he isn't on DM's "side"?

The price per night for leaving the plane in the hanger would have been based on the size of th planes footprints. I recall that the hangar was large enough to hold large passenger planes. So maybe that is where the higher number comes from.

No, higher number was a typo

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
@susanclairmont @AD_Humphreys consensus is I heard it wrong. Glad you are paying attention!

I find it really "ballsy" that DM is already ordering parts for "his new truck" only 2 short days after TB was 'gone gone gone'.

Just not sure why it matters? DM's mom is now in charge of things and this is money coming in AFTER DM was arrested. So IMO, this money is usless in determining what DM is worth prior to TB'S death. Maybe DM's team is curious for how much more money they can squeeze out lol

I don't trust much of anything SS is saying! We see that he's deleted text messages before LE got his phone but LE got the missing texts from DM'S phone. I believe he and LW2 were selective on what they saved. It would be more suspicious if the phones were 100% deleted of texts!

I remember, but cannot find, the reference to a letter or other means that DM was trying to prevent a witness from testifying. Didn't he write a letter to CN to say something along those lines? Could it be SS, or is there someone else entirely? And if it is SS maybe that is why the cross began with clearing up that he isn't on DM's "side"?

From the Crown's opening statement:

After Mr. Millard’s girlfriend was charged for her role, police executed a search warrant on her residence in Toronto and seized from her bedroom several letters that were written to her by Mr. Millard over a period of many months while he was in jail after his arrest. These letters varied in terms of content, but one theme of many letters was Mr. Millard wanting a key Crown witness to change his evidence. His girlfriend was asked to reach out to this person to get him to change his evidence.

This was a person Mr. Millard considered a friend and someone who he believed could be convinced to change the his statement to police. This was to assist Mr. Millard as he considered what this person knew about the plan to steal the truck as damning and incriminating information. For example, in one such letter to his girlfriend, Mr. Millard wrote the following: “If he knew his words were going to get me a life sentence , he would want to change them. Show him how he can, and he will change them.”

Despite Mr. Millard’s written direction at the end of many of these letters to “destroy these letters”, they were still in the girlfriend’s bedroom in April , 2014, when she was arrested for her involvement which was almost 1 year after the murder and the arrest of Mr. Millard.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

HOWEVER, remember when they introduced the evidence on the search of CN's bedroom? They said they found the DVR and something but they did not mention what else, though we know it was letters from the Crown's statement. That LE officer that did the search will have to come back and describe finding the letters, I suppose.

I just remember that they jury has not been told of the discovery of the letters yet.

I want to see if there are any texts between SS and AM.
Without being specific, I recall (seeing for myself, at the time) that shortly after DM was arrested, something was done to protect SS from being identified. Which is kind of pointless, considering that everyone involved already knew was going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie