Bosma Murder Trial 04.05.16 - Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the photo with Millard's print, the writing is much more visible and can be compared ot the reference photo from the RCMP.
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

Dungey asks if in her courses, Plath was instructed on comparisons with photos. She says no. "Typically, we examine physical objects."
by Adam Carter 10:42 AM

"I don't know of any specific training there is in that," Plath says.
by Adam Carter 10:43 AM

Plath says it's encompassed in her duties to know the parts of a firearm and examine an item.
by Adam Carter 10:44 AM

Dungey now finished. Plath is excused. Jury now being excused for a legal argument.
by Adam Carter 10:45 AM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
She has never been trained in comparing photos of guns.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 58s59 seconds ago Newmarket, Ontario
Smich's Lawyer: So you don't really have any expertise examining photos?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
So you really have no expertise comparing photos, Dungey suggests. She says her expertise is in comparing factors (markings/features/design)

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Newmarket, Ontario
Smich's Lawyer: There is no methodology in that they've trained you, of the alleged guns? #BosmaTrial

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Newmarket, Ontario
Gun Expert: I am trained in the examination and classification of firearms #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
"I am trained in examination and classification of firearms," she says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 25s25 seconds ago Newmarket, Ontario
Smich's Lawyer is now done with cross #BosmaTrial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Dungey is finished. Plath is excused.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 17s18 seconds ago
Dungey is suggesting Plath has no expertise comparing images of guns. Plath says she compares the markings and shape of firearms. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 21s21 seconds ago
Dungey asks if Plath has taken courses on comparing photos of guns. No. "So really you don't have any expertise in re to these photos."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s17 seconds ago
Dungey asks again if she's ever testified about a Walther PPK in a homicide trial. No, she says again. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 7s8 seconds ago
Plath is done. Jury leaving for legal arguments. #Bosma #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s11 seconds ago
Justice Andrew Goodman excusing during while legal issues are discussed. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
Plath is done.
Judge asks jury to step out for a brief moment for legal arguments before we continue. #Bosma

That photo is so gangsta' with the face just barely covered by the gun. Nice to see the grey hoodie making another appearance. And maybe clean your fingernails before taking such a photo. MOO

hehehehe ewwww I just noticed that.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 28m28 minutes ago
#Bosma court is full. Crown's evidence is reaching a crescendo. About a dozen witnesses left. Full story 6pm @CHCHNews Tweets til then

rsbm bbm

Yay! We're so near to the finish line! Justice for TB is fast approaching!

All MOO.

I think DM always giving looks to MS or reacting with looks on his face speaks so much to his involvement. Why he is so emotional about certain things said if he really had no part in this as he claims?! MS is so smart to sit there with a poker face the whole time.

I don't get it. If a gun expert is testifying about a specific type of gun, would you not think they would review and fire a few rounds prior to testifying? Rather than saying " I fired one of these about 8 years ago?"
Guess I am getting picky in my old age.

I don't get it. If a gun expert is testifying about a specific type of gun, would you not think they would review and fire a few rounds prior to testifying? Rather than saying " I fired one of these about 8 years ago?"
Guess I am getting picky in my old age.

Agreed, as a hypothetical gun expert I'd be taking any excuse as an opportunity to take a gun to the range.

Do we have any idea who else is up today? When are the girlfriends testifying?

I think DM always giving looks to MS or reacting with looks on his face speaks so much to his involvement. Why he is so emotional about certain things said if he really had no part in this as he claims?! MS is so smart to sit there with a poker face the whole time.

IMO DM mistakingly feels like he still has control over these people. Don't know if jail has hardened MS or he has had counselling but he doesn't seem to be falling for DMs childish antics. He has done a very good job of fading into the woodwork in this trial. I think the TD has clearly counselled him. RP doesn't seem to have a lot of control over DMs behaviour.

Do we have any idea who else is up today? When are the girlfriends testifying?
I think I read that the jury is not in on Thursday and Friday so legal arguments about the girlfriends can happen. So that would put them on the stand next week. But I'm not positive

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

"In the MIllard PPK, you have far more evidence because it's functional," Dungey says. "You see all the aspects of it."
by Adam Carter 10:39 AM

Millard is looking Smich up and down just after Dungey said that.
by Adam Carter 10:39 AM

Still makes me wonder why DM keeps looking at MS like that. It's almost as if he's saying "See what a mess you got me into. This is the gun you brought to the test drive, but they call it Millard's gun"

All this clickety-click with the mouse...I had to change to a new mouse and now I am refreshed! Can I expense that to WS? lol

His courtroom conduct is getting really old. As in, carbon-dated, fossil old. :gaah:

Seriously ??? Did you really expect that he would learn anything from this experience.... " in his mind " he is imaging what it is like to be standing in the lawyer's shoes as preparation for his turn in the LB case where he plans to take on a fool for a client :rolling:. [Just saw the new page with he imogis---fantastic...so much easier to read etc...Thanks!]

Court back in session, but jury out of the room for legal arguments. I can't talk about what's being said until the jury is recalled.
by Adam Carter 11:01 AM

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 37s38 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
No jury at the moment, so will hold off on tweets until they're back #BosmaTrial

Why does he keep doing that? Weird behaviour IMO.

I've always thought it is his way of 'testifying' without getting off his chair. The bits and pieces of letters and interviews etc. we've seen have always suggested that the man is fundamentally and fairly transparently manipulative. I think this is just more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95