Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that Mark Smich's gun ever left his possession? Who is saying that D. Mellard delivered Mark Smich's gun back with weed to him in a tool case?
''

We don't even know if Mark Smich owned a gun. I don't think BD's skewed testimony is proof of that. We do know that his "best friend" never saw him with a gun.

MOO

My memory is hazy (no drug usage here) but i do remember it being presented by the OP in the post as an evidence photo, "as found" on an I-Pad. You may well be correct that it was an example photo, rather than an evidence photo - and attributed incorrectly. The weapon shown, was of a Glock type. The post also included a list of ammunition calibres that the "Zombie ammo" was manufactured for, including .380 ACP.

Since I made the original post a few hours ago, I have searched for that photo - and my post - it is not to be found. I can only assume that this particular thread has since been deleted, wherever the post was made.

Day 30 (yesterday's discussion) page 17, post # 245 Ontario mom listed the Zombie Bullets and what sizes they come in.

Cansleuther page 17, post #243 posted a pic of the zombie bullets.

ETA: Look above the top post, there is a tool bar to the right. Go to trial day 30, click on search thread, type Zombie bullets. There were a few more post related to the bullets, I only referenced 2.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 3h3 hours ago
BOSMA TRIAL: Who is Mark Smich?

Today we heard about two very different sides. Both dark.

Smich's lawyer says... http://fb.me/6zV8l97M2

DM tried so hard to reach Hagerman on May 9. He didn't try to contact anyone else, as far as we know, even after several failed calls. It seems there was no second or third option if Hagerman was unavailable. Was Hagerman the only guy on the planet who DM could trust with this toolbox? Or perhaps there's another reason, which we have yet to hear about, as to why DM selected him in particular...

I thought it was interesting that Hagerman name dropped several names. Made me think he wants to paint it as a large pool of people and he was only one of many.

Huh? So you think all 3 drove to Kimera....TB ditched his phone...was shot... And THEN they went back to get the yukon? So all of the video evidence of the Yukon following TB's truck was a coincidence? And the video expert was mistaken when he said it was DM's Yukon? We have heard from firearm experts and blood spatter analysts that they can not be certain who the shooter was......please help me understand your theory, because it isn't making any sense to me. mOO

My theory is that the shooting happened in Tim Bosma's truck. That Tim Bosma through his cell phone out the window and in the chaos the two doofuth's didn't catch that. What does that have to do with the Yukon following them? I am ignorant on some of the details of all of this. I did read about it at the time but my memory fails me on some of it. Why does the yukon make any difference to Smich shooting bosma in Tim Bosma's vehicle? Help me with this? I am interested to know.

Day 30 (yesterday's discussion) page 17, post # 245 Ontario mom listed the Zombie Bullets and what sizes they come in.

Cansleuther page 17, post #243 posted a pic of the zombie bullets.

ETA: Look above the top post, there is a tool bar to the right. Go to trial day 30, click on search thread, type Zombie bullets. There were a few more post related to the bullets, I only referenced 2.

I tried that, but thanks. My google search-foo is much better, than on this forum - I came up empty here. Maybe I threw too many variables at it.

Last week I was reading the early days of the trial after becoming confused on a few issues.
I remember finding this from day 5 post 262, Who was this Brendan Daly? I found out yesterday.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 17s17 seconds ago
Iaccio has been sworn in as an expert in cell communications. He got a call from police on May 7 after #TimBosma vanished. #HamOnt #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 30s30 seconds ago
There were 2 production orders by HPS in this case for 2 numbers--one was the Lucas Bate phone (the phone that called #Bosma on May 6)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Also a phone registered to Brendan Daily. Spelling is unclear.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
289 number belonged to a "Brendan Daly." #MillardSmich

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Iaccio says in the particular case, @HamiltonPolice made 2 production orders. 1 for "Bate" records & 1 for records of a 289
number. #Millard
Napper505 :)

Wow, good catch.

Adam Carter
Feb 8 2016 2:40 PM
Two production orders were of interest to Hamilton police: 647-303-2279 - the "Lucas Bate" phone, and the other was 289-400-4124, a Brendan Daley.

I assume those numbers were calls made to Bosma's cell, that couldn't be identified as people known by family/friends. It's possible it's just a coincidence that someone else by that name had called TB that day.

I looked at the cell phone exhibit to see if BD's phone number appears anywhere and couldn't find it. There is one call on Sunday May 5, in Oakville, 1:39 pm Smich received a called from "4124 unknown" (only the last 4 digits of the numbers are listed). Another coincidence possibly.

However, if that was BD's phone, when the Wind mobile guy produced the data for the production order, it would probably have shown the number was in Oakville all night. So perhaps no one followed it up.

The only connection I can imagine would be if MS used BD's phone to call TB on May 6.

My theory is that the shooting happened in Tim Bosma's truck. That Tim Bosma through his cell phone out the window and in the chaos the two doofuth's didn't catch that. What does that have to do with the Yukon following them? I am ignorant on some of the details of all of this. I did read about it at the time but my memory fails me on some of it. Why does the yukon make any difference to Smich shooting bosma in Tim Bosma's vehicle? Help me with this? I am interested to know.

Unfortunately, it's a very complicated case and there's been a lot of evidence. If you're not clear on this stuff, you might need to go back and read some of the mainstream media coverage.

Briefly, I believe the poster you quoted was pointing out that those three people couldn't have all been in that place at one time, because someone had to be driving the other truck. Remember there were two trucks.

Wow, good catch.

I assume those numbers were calls made to Bosma's cell, that couldn't be identified as people known by family/friends. It's possible it's just a coincidence that someone else by that name had called TB that day.

I looked at the cell phone exhibit to see if BD's phone number appears anywhere and couldn't find it. There is one call on Sunday May 5, in Oakville, 1:39 pm Smich received a called from "4124 unknown" (only the last 4 digits of the numbers are listed). Another coincidence possibly.

However, if that was BD's phone, when the Wind mobile guy produced the data for the production order, it would probably have shown the number was in Oakville all night. So perhaps no one followed it up.

The only connection I can imagine would be if MS used BD's phone to call TB on May 6.

It doesn't mean the Daly phone called the Bate phone.

It simply means that Daly had a WIND phone.

The only production orders for WIND were for the Bate phone and Daly's phone.

Everyone else used Rogers and Bell so the production orders on their phones went to Rogers or Bell.

Wow, good catch.

Hm, I interpreted this a little differently -- that for this whole case, there were two Wind Mobile phone numbers for which HPS obtained production orders. Doesn't mean that BD called TB, IMO. Iaccio was just a representative from Wind reporting his company's involvement in this case. When the Rogers rep testified, she listed six numbers that productions orders were obtained for, IIRC.

So MS "best friend" kept a distance and felt uncomfortable with his so-called best friend; and then DM friend SS so-called wasn't a friend even though they had matching tattoos, went on vactaions together and were planning on building homes next to eachother. What? Was this non-friend Daly paid off?

This could also just be a bit of pot induced paranoia. Since BD mentions his discomfort after getting high. Just speculating.

I'm undecided on whether the two doofuses were dumb enough to ditch the phone or if it being tossed out by TB is more likely.

But as far as shooting from the back seat, we've already heard testimony about significant GSR over the driver's side seat/roof.

Residue could be there if shooter reached over seat. Does anyone know if Smitch is left handed? That would make sense. I looked at the rap video and he is giving left hand punches, and holding the lamp in the right hand and knife in the left, so maybe.

BD finished testifying today.....

They need to recall him back. I hope they have the opportunity to do so. Unless he has said what they wanted to to build their case and were afraid of dismantling him. Personally I would love to see a good lawyer dismantle that man.

i

billandrew has an excellent timeline attached to his signature in his posts. To sum it up though, DM's Yukon was caught on film following TB's truck shortly after they arrived at TB's house. A neighbour testified he saw 2 vehicles leave a nearby field. The police stopped looking for a third party and the crown has made zero indication that anyone else was involved, so either MS or DM had to be driving the Yukon. So the time line doesn't fit for all 3 to be in TB's truck over 20 minutes away where TB's cell was found. That was all from memory so I could be off on miles/times, but that the general idea. Have a look at billandrews timeline - it's a great reference if you haven't been following along closely.,...or even if you have :)

They need to recall him back. I hope they have the opportunity to do so. Unless he has said what they wanted to to build their case and were afraid of dismantling him. Personally I would love to see a good lawyer dismantle that man.

Why do they need to recall him? What evidence are you looking to get from him?

Do we know if MS was right handed, or left? Do we know if he was sitting behind TB, or behind DM? All factors to consider, also.

I've sat in court a few times & DM is left handed, MS is right handed...at least while they're writing in court.

We don't even know if Mark Smich owned a gun. I don't think BD's skewed testimony is proof of that. We do know that his "best friend" never saw him with a gun.

MOO

BD says he never saw MS with a gun, which may or may not be true. He did agree that MS wrote rap lyrics about guns, and Pillay read out the line from MS's iPad "my 380 is no stranger, when I'm angered you're in danger."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003