Bosma Murder Trial 04.13.16 - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DM did all this exciting coming of age stuff when he was 14, while his father and grandfather looked on so proudly. It was all over the Canadian news. Then, just one year later, he was shipped off to live with his uncle Robert Burns due to some issues in the family. From Adam Carter's tweets of Robert Burns's testimony:

For "altruistic reasons," he says, he watched Millard from ages 15 to 17. #TimBosma #Bosma Mar 10, 2016

I think you make a very good point ..... I have often considered that DM received a lot of hero-worship at 14 by setting world records .... and there began his feelings of "celebrity status" among the crowd.

Including his attitude of thinking his teachers and schools were somewhat "beneath him" .... thus the private schools and extra measures to get him to barely scrape through and get his diploma.

His extraordinary accomplishment at 14 may have "ruined him" (for lack of a better word) .... and lets face it , his list of other noteworthy accomplishments appears to be zero .... other than being the party-guy , the entertainer-guy , the wealthy-guy , the RV toy-guy , the world travel-guy ..... all those things have the appearance of of a former celebrity trying to keep some fans clustered around him.

My takeaway was that DM was living like a celebrity. He bought his friends meals, travel, weed to follow him around and hang out with them. All of them were younger. He was burning through a lot of cash because he literally had an "entourage".

Looks like we were typing similar posts at the same time .... haaaaa .... you nailed it and said it better than me.

I find it so interesting to read some of the reporters' twitter feeds and see what they retweet from non-reporters. I am assuming the reporters have to remain very neutral in terms of what they themselves post but they can express their feelings about the trial by retweeting others.

My takeaway was that DM was living like a celebrity. He bought his friends meals, travel, weed to follow him around and hang out with them. All of them were younger. He was burning through a lot of cash because he literally had an "entourage".

Not arguing with the theory (because it sounds pretty apt) but your use of the word "celebrity" made me reflect on what DM's actual lifestyle was like. It's been a few weeks since we saw how he lived (interior of truck trashed, computers covered in dust, everything looking sort of half-arsed and low-rent). I can't make it fit with the initial "millionaire playboy" media profile, or even the idea of someone who could spend $15k/month on auto parts. Or someone who could appreciate travel or fine dining. The money aspect of this gets more confusing every day.

But I think of his belongings/trashed surroundings, and the fact that he was wearing the same single polo shirt in most of the early photos we saw of him, and I can't help but think it didn't take much to impress his entourage.

(It's also given me cause to step back and be grateful for my own lot. If that's how the "rich" live, I'll stay where I am.)

"Nobody held a gun to your head?"

Ugh with this lawyer. Great turn of phrase in this trial.

That's how I feel about the use of the word dead to mean Smich's phone ran out of battery power as an explanation to MM. ugh

Not arguing with the theory (because it sounds pretty apt) but your use of the word "celebrity" made me reflect on what DM's actual lifestyle was like. It's been a few weeks since we saw how he lived (interior of truck trashed, computers covered in dust, everything looking sort of half-arsed and low-rent). I can't make it fit with the initial "millionaire playboy" media profile, or even the idea of someone who could spend $15k/month on auto parts. Or someone who could appreciate travel or fine dining. The money aspect of this gets more confusing every day.

But I think of his belongings/trashed surroundings, and the fact that he was wearing the same single polo shirt in most of the early photos we saw of him, and I can't help but think it didn't take much to impress his entourage.

(It's also given me cause to step back and be grateful for my own lot. If that's how the "rich" live, I'll stay where I am.)

He may not have spent much on clothing except...remember those slim fireproof racing suits DM was wearing in one Jeep pic? AM had one too.

so where was the big bombshell that AM was going to unleash at this trial? Oh wait, two days of legal arguments....ok, got it. JMO

Interesting that AM and Hagerman were both original scouts on other missions and they both had roles in this mission as well, cleanup crew. What else? MOO

Could be, but I think one of them is just flat out lying. To me, logic says it's MH. Then again, logic also says AM was the one who got out. So who knows?

Although none of it makes sense, IMO, MH wold be the one doing the drop. AM seemed quite busy communicating with someone (MS) telling that person the location specifics. I believe MH testified that AM was texting during their travels.

DM did all this exciting coming of age stuff when he was 14, while his father and grandfather looked on so proudly. It was all over the Canadian news. Then, just one year later, he was shipped off to live with his uncle Robert Burns due to some issues in the family. From Adam Carter's tweets of Robert Burns's testimony:

For "altruistic reasons," he says, he watched Millard from ages 15 to 17. #TimBosma #Bosma Mar 10, 2016

A family member and I were discussing the trial today. The topic of all of the juvenile stunts and thieving came up.....I referred to them as *advertiser censored* and his posse, but she referred to them as being just like "Peter Pan and The Lost Boys!!! The more we talked about it the better the metaphor fit.... I don't need to fill in the obvious key boys for you but you may have trouble identifying the girls......MM would be Wendy--hovering over and worrying about MS. And then of course there's CN---she would be Kinkerbell....(a little creative licence exercised here of course). Children never growing up.... playing at their fantasy games in Never Never Land !

Did you know that there is an actual syndrome called the Peter Pan Syndrome....it is recognized as a psychopathological disorder in which a man is unable to grow up......as it applies to women who refuse to grow up it is called the Wendy Syndrome. The definition of the Peter Pan Syndrome, Symptoms, Treatment, Causes, & Test can easily be accessed at www.syndromespedia.com
The article is very concise and written in simple language. If you have found the behaviour and mindset of the accused et al disturbing and almost impossible to comprehend then this article is for you......It describes in stunning detail, the complex and bizarre behaviour that we have all been trying to come to terms with for so very long. Personally, I have found it very informative and hope you will too.

Well, that was disappointing to see that the one person that possibly may have come forward on his own only gave a statement and volunteered a blood sample after he was arrested for murder. And willingly offered up his phone after he deleted the call and text messages.

People may not think much of Sachak, but personally, I think he did a pretty good job of pointing out quite a few of his lies. JMO

So AM only mentions weed at DMs parties? Big deal. I think he's lying! JMO

Yes, I noticed that also. Something one would remember, for sure. Why lie? One of them has to be lying.. about a few things at least. Seems there are many discrepancies. I am also wondering why the 2 men would have taken MH's parents' vehicle, rather than AM's vehicle, which was obviously available to do 'the drop', since AM said the backpack was in the trunk and he got it out to put it into MH's vehicle? Why put MH's parents at risk of potentially having their vehicle impounded, and bringing that into the equation, or even just exposing MH to his parents' wrath due to his lack of respect for their vehicle? Why say 'park' if it was 'house' where they met, or vice versa? One says the planned drop-off location was Smich's say-so, while the other says he immediately pulled off the road when hearing DM's arrest was connected with the TB case and pulled in at the nearest available option for drop-off.. can't be both.

Other things aren't really connecting for me either, perhaps others can explain... AM reportedly told MH that Maplegate had been raided the morning of the 11th, but meanwhile AM says he was at work that day, at Campbell's, when he saw the news on the TV in the break-room that DM had also been charged with forcible confinement in the TB case. AM tells MH in a text or phonecall that DM has been arrested, but MH says the first he heard of it is when they met in the park, which AM says they never met at a park.. my head is kind of spinning.

Agree with all of the first paragraph and most of the second. IIRC, MH said the first they heard that DM was charged with forcible confinement of TB was on the radio in the car. AM had told him that DM was arrested, but they claim to have thought it was just for a theft of a truck prior to hearing it on the radio. AM could not have been at work when he saw that news on the 11th because the 11th is the day they were doing the drug and tool box drop and they were heading back from Oakville around 4:00. MH says they met at the park and he had to look for his parent's keys to use their car. The text message from AM said to meet at the park, but for some reason, AM now says they met at the house. I tend to think MH's story makes more sense. Still don't understand why AM wouldn't have just driven, rather than going on a search so that MH could take his parent's car instead.

JMO

IMHO, if DM and MS wanted to simply steal a truck- they would have simply stolen the truck. Furthermore, they had a lot of practice: the bobcat, the motorcycle, complete with trailer, the cement mixer, the cement polisher. AFAIK, no one ended up in the incinerator with those thefts. Why? Because IMO, DM was just interested in stealing the merchandise. DM implemented a look out strategy.

In the case of TB's truck, DM and MS went into two-man team mode. AFAIK, DM did not ask for lookouts- the details of this mission was not shared with any of the usual participants. Only DM & MS's desire to steal a truck was shared. Did DM & MS take loaded guns with them to the other thieving missions? Personally, I don't think so. Vehicles get stolen all the time and the owners wake up to find them gone. If they wanted to simply steal the truck, TB would be alive today. MOO

I think you make a very good point ..... I have often considered that DM received a lot of hero-worship at 14 by setting world records .... and there began his feelings of "celebrity status" among the crowd.

Including his attitude of thinking his teachers and schools were somewhat "beneath him" .... thus the private schools and extra measures to get him to barely scrape through and get his diploma.

His extraordinary accomplishment at 14 may have "ruined him" (for lack of a better word) .... and lets face it , his list of other noteworthy accomplishments appears to be zero .... other than being the party-guy , the entertainer-guy , the wealthy-guy , the RV toy-guy , the world travel-guy ..... all those things have the appearance of of a former celebrity trying to keep some fans clustered around him.

And as far as the party guy...the entertainer guy ...the wealthy guy....the toy guy....the world travel guy ---that was all zero too.....
The only ones he fooled were a bunch of lost boys who couldn't tell the difference between smoke and mirrors and the real thing....but he seduced them with weed, a party pad, a bunch of old cars and a hangar he couldn't pay for.
He led them down the garden path and in the end he ruined his own life utterly and took a good shot at doing the same to theirs.
He conned them all and in the end their loyalty proved that he pretty much owned them all as well.

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak points out the pause and asks if Michalski is lying to the jury #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Marlena will be a witness later. So he'll ask her what Michalski told her when she couldn't find Mark. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak asks again -- did you say "don't worry his phone is dead?"
Michalski says he said "his phones probably dead." #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Re: it's not the last time, Sachak asks "so you said it's not the last time his phones going to be dead?" Michalski agrees. #Bosma

BBM..if he said this...how did he know MS had a dead phone? hmmmm

.....I find all this real hard to swallow, come on. I get the feeling AM has practiced and prepped for this. The more I hear from AM, the more I am convinced he either knew or had a good idea what had happened. Maybe this is the "lies" that ended the friendship between him and MH. I feel like MH was trying to be honest and remember the events, well I feel AM is very "rehearsed"

MOO

I think the point of this questioning was because AM had said that he told MM:

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11h11 hours ago
Michalski response to that was "I told her that you guys were fine and that it's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last"

and suggested that was because...

Sachak suggests this is because he knew they'd gone on a mission. He agrees.

A mission to steal a truck, Sachak says.
Correct, Michalski says.

Only to admit, after a long pause, and after ...

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11h11 hours ago
Sachak says Marlena will be a witness later. So he'll ask her what Michalski told her when she couldn't find Mark.

that he actually told her ...

Told her Mark's phone is probably dead and that's why she can't reach him. Didn't have explanation as to why Mark wasn't home.

and then said...

Michalski knew Millard/Smich were on a mission May 6 to steal a truck, says Sachak.

Michalski says he didn't think of it that way. "They could have been sleeping at the hangar." Didn't tell Marlena that or about a mission.

So he didn't think of the theft being a reason MM couldn't find him at the time, but testified that that was the reason he told her it wasn't the first time and wouldn't be the last.

Caught in another lie. JMO

Agree with all of the first paragraph and most of the second. IIRC, MH said the first they heard that DM was charged with forcible confinement of TB was on the radio in the car. AM had told him that DM was arrested, but they claim to have thought it was just for a theft of a truck prior to hearing it on the radio. AM could not have been at work when he saw that news on the 11th because the 11th is the day they were doing the drug and tool box drop and they were heading back from Oakville around 4:00. MH says they met at the park and he had to look for his parent's keys to use their car. The text message from AM said to meet at the park, but for some reason, AM now says they met at the house. I tend to think MH's story makes more sense. Still don't understand why AM wouldn't have just driven, rather than going on a search so that MH could take his parent's car instead.

JMO

"l still don't understand why AM wouldn't have just driven, rather than going on a search so that MH could take his parent's car instead."
Maybe he was paranoid about his car being followed or there being a bolo on his license plate.... Just a thought.

Ha. Yes. I suppose Sachak was trying to make it so that MS was actually getting some kind of benefit from his relationship with DM? IIRC, today TD was asking AM if the red caddy was *his* personal fav. :)

Yes...how would AM know whether the caddy was MS's personal fave? And considering there are at least two pics of AM driving it in different scenarios, maybe it was actually his personal fave. Doesn't appear that MS ever got the benefit of driving any of DM's vehicles until the night of May 6, 2013. And I wouldn't call that experience a benefit.

And why does Sachak keep mentioning that caddy associated with MS? Remember the testimony about how MS and MM would "work" on the caddy in the hangar and again Sachak claimed that DM didn't like the car. What is this all about?

MOO

"Irrespective of whatever debts Dellen might have had ... or loans he hadn't paid, in your mind, you're like 'buddy, you're loaded, you could pick up a $20,000 truck?'" Sachak says. Michalski agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:40 PM

Isn't this called "leading the witness?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads