Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Beforehand, he knew DM had "scoped" the area. Knew a Bobcat was the target. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Michalski won't agree with Sachak that he was a willing participant in "theft missions" organized by Dellen Millard. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Millard had scoped area out ahead of time. Precautions taken to avoid arrest. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
"You don't want to leave a trail that links you to that bobcat theft...that's why these precautions are taken," Sachak says. Yes. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3m3 minutes ago
He wouldn't agree that it was adventurous, fun or for comraderie. Michalski says "I did it because it was easy enough. #Bosma

Bobcat was loaded into a trailer and towed away by a Dodge Ram 3500. #Bosma

Michalski didn't ask for the $100 DM had promised him for his involvement. "That wasn't the motive," Sachak suggests. He agrees. #Bosma

Trailer used to steal Bobcat. Towed by Dodge 3500 Ram. Michalski never asked for the $100 Dell promised. Wasn't motivated by money. #Bosma

"If at all possible you don't want to leave any evidence behind that would link you to that theft?" Sachak asks, and Michalski says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:21 PM

Sachak now asking about a place called The Wingporium in the west side of Toronto, where Michalski would hang out with Millard and other friends.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

Sachak asks if they talked about anything illegal there, but Michalski says no. He says he and Millard would talk about it at his house.
by Adam Carter 12:24 PM

"it was a secret amongst friends," Sachak says, and Michalski agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

Sachak again illustrating that everyone involved in the theft were "willing participants."
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

Sachak suggests Smich looks very different today. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

Does anyone know what the point of this is? They've asked witnesses this a lot.

Sachak says their friends used to go to a place called the Wingporium in TO. DM, Hagerman, Smich. Others. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Michalski and Millard used to go around to pubs to find the spiciest wings. Michalski liked the lemon pepper and black mamba wings. #Bosma

Theyd hang out and talk about stuff like the Baja race. "Camaraderie, male bonding, fun," Sachak says. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

He suggests they'd bring up the theft, but Michalski said no--only at the house. "More privately," he said. #Bosma

Sachak suggests they'd laugh about it. It was a "secret amongst friends" that they'd done it and got away with it. Yes, he says. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Michalski recalling how he Millard and other friends liked to gather at the Wingporium in Toronto's west end #Bosma

During bobcat theft, Hagerman, Michalski and another friend Steven Kenny were all in a car together. #Bosma

He wouldn't agree with Sachak that they told war stories and boasted about their theft missions in such a public place #Bosma

Court now seeing the texts between Michalski and Millard from May 5, 2013 again.
by Adam Carter 12:26 PM

Smich's girlfriend Marlena called him that morning, looking for Smich.
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

"I told her that you guys were fine and that it's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last," Michalski says to Millard in the text.
by Adam Carter 12:28 PM

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak now referencing the cell phone extraction report from May 5-May 7, 2013. #Bosma

Michalski saw these texts yesterday. #Bosma

"Only privately" Michalski said, nothing he would mention nothing criminal in such a public place #Bosma

Sachak referencing one from Michalski to Millard early on May 7, re: an early morning call he got from Marlena Meneses. #Bosma

(This is when Millard told him Smich was with her, that things were "just swell" & "Marlena's a child and worries too easily.") #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 42s43 seconds ago
Sachak suggests this is because he knew they'd gone on a mission. He agrees. #Bosma

My take is that DM's lawyers want to remind everyone that the image that is being portrayed in court by MS (sweater, full hair that is groomed, quiet demeanor etc.) is not the MS that existed in 2013. MOO

"You had concluded in your mind they had gone to a mission or theft?" Sachak says. Michalski says he knew they had gone to steal a truck.
by Adam Carter 12:29 PM

After a long pause, Michalski now saying it could have been that Smich's phone was dead. Sachak asks about that pause. "It wasn't just you trying to come up with a little lie to tell the jury?" Sachak asks. Michalski says no.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

Maybe the "someone to change testimony, if they knew it would get DM life"
So they knew (AM atleast) that DM was going to steal a truck. Premeditation would be "the test drive" Because you DON'T test drive a truck that you plan to steal! That's a great way to get caught, too risky!

I agree. DM could easily have gone on the test drive alone as well. Or he could have sent someone else in his place and then went back later under cover of darkness with his lookouts and assistants to steal the truck, IMO, DM could have sent SS to check out the truck and report back to him if it was a good truck for DM's purposes, IMO. There was no good reason to have two people on that test drive, unless the plan was to be in a 2 on 1 situation, overpower the truck owner, together force him out of the truck, and if there was any resistance, then suddenly decide to kill him, IMO.

All MOO.

My speculation is, the hanger video. I see many differences in MS to that video. I'm sure this will be part of the defense. They'll probably have their own forensic experts pic that video apart. MOO

SS did identity them but he isn't an expert. That's why I think that did not go any further then it did with the defense.

A mission to steal a truck, Sachak says. Correct, Michalski says. #Bosma

"From your previous experience you knew that it takes all night," Sachak says. Michalski disagrees. #Bosma

Sachak asks "why would you say that to Marlena?" #Bosma

Sachak asks why he would say that. Michalski says because he had tried to get ahold of Mark in the past and couldn't. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
After a long pause, Michalski now saying it could have been that Smich's phone was dead. #TimBosma #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
AM tells her smichs phone is likely dead. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Sachak asks why it took him so long to respond just now. He says he didn't want to get his words mixed up. #Bosma

"Wasn't you just coming up with a little lie for the jury?" Sachak suggests. Michalski says it was not. #Bosma

Sachak points out the pause and asks if Michalski is lying to the jury #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Marlena will be a witness later. So he'll ask her what Michalski told her when she couldn't find Mark. #Bosma

Sachak asks again -- did you say "don't worry his phone is dead?"
Michalski says he said "his phones probably dead." #Bosma

Re: it's not the last time, Sachak asks "so you said it's not the last time his phones going to be dead?" Michalski agrees. #Bosma

"But all along, you knew when Marlena was calling, you knew that the reason Mark was not home and Dellen was not home was because of the theft?" Sachak says. "I didn't know they had completed the mission," Michalski says.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

"I didn't think of it that way," Michalski says. "Did you think they had gone away on a romantic holiday, is that what you thought?" Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

"You told Dellen 'f--k off' when he asked you should he steal from the nice guy or the *******?" Sachak asks. Michalski says yes.
by Adam Carter 12:38 PM

"It's like, 'f--k off, you've got the money, right? You've got the money, you don't need to steal?" Sachak says. "That's right," Michalski says.
by Adam Carter 12:39 PM

"Irrespective of whatever debts Dellen might have had ... or loans he hadn't paid, in your mind, you're like 'buddy, you're loaded, you could pick up a $20,000 truck?'" Sachak says. Michalski agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:40 PM

Michalski agrees that "most definitely" Millard was rich enough to buy a $20K truck.
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

Michalski insists he told Meneses that Smich couldn't be reached because his phone was likely dead #Bosma

Sachak: but you knew the reason Mark was not home and Dellen was not home was bc they were doing a theft. #Bosma

Michalski: "I didn't know if they had completed the mission." #Bosma

Michalski knew Millard/Smich were on a mission May 6 to steal a truck, says Sachak. #Bosma

Sachak: it's Monday May 6, you know DM has left to go steal a truck.
Michalski: attempt to, yes.
Sachak: whatever. #Bosma

Sachak says when Marlena calls, he knew they were out doing a theft. "or they could be sleeping at the hangar," he says. #Bosma

Sachak asks if he told Marlena either of those possibilities. He did not. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3m3 minutes ago
AM knew may 4 and-5 about theft. Sachak presses why he didn't tell her about it... AM- I didn't think of it that way. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

"Did you think they had gone away on a romantic holiday, is that what you thought?" Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

When Millard showed him the Kijiji listings on May 4, Michalski told him to "f%#k off." #Bosma

Sachak listing off properties Millard owned. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

"So it's like, you've got the money buddy, go buy a dodge. That's why you told him to f%#k off," Sachak says. He agrees. #Bosma

Michalski said that because Millard could afford to just buy a truck. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 53s53 seconds ago
Sachak: you told Dellen f$%k off when he asked whether to steal from the nice guy or %$#hole
Michalski: yessir #TimBosma

I still find it fascinating that in the eyes of the Defense, the woman that did the books for DM wasn't qualified to speak to his financial situation but all his buddies that he parties and did drugs with are qualified. MOO

Michalski played junior A hockey as a goalie, he says after Sachak asks him.
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

Sachak now asking about the different categories at the Baja race that Michalski and Millard entered. "You weren't a professional racer. Dell wasn't a professional racer. You and Dell were in the loser class?" Sachak asks. Michalski agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

"You guys only made it 15 miles. You were like the losers of the loser class," Sachak says. Michalski agrees, to a laugh in the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

This race was in May 2011.
by Adam Carter 12:44 PM

Sachek is classy :facepalm:

My speculation is, the hanger video. I see many differences in MS to that video. I'm sure this will be part of the defense. They'll probably have their own forensic experts pic that video apart. MOO

SS did identity them but he isn't an expert. That's why I think that did not go any further then it did with the defense.

If it isn't him in the video, he dressed the same as the guy in video when he picked up MM in the early morning of the 7th. MOO

Sachak now references text exchange in which Millard says "100,000 and I'm out of the hole." #Bosma

Regardless, Sachak suggests Michalski thought he was loaded and could afford a truck. Michalski agrees. #Bosma

In video statement to police on May 13,2013, Michalski was asked if he had the $ to buy a truck. "Most definitely," he said. #Bosma

May 13, 2013 video statement to police. Asked if Millard had money to buy truck. Answer: "Most definitely." #bosma

Sachak: And that's what you're telling the jury today?
Michalski: yes sir. #Bosma

Michalski agrees that "most definitely" Millard was rich enough to buy a $20K truck. #TimBosma #Bosma

Michalski plays hockey. Junior A. "Above average player," Sachak suggests. "I was a goalie sir," Michalski responds. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Michalski played Junior A hockey. "I was a goalie, sir." #bosma

Sachak going through different levels of hockey. Makes joke about being an "ankle skater." #Bosma

Michalski plays AAA hockey as goalie, court giggles as Sachak makes self deprecating remarks about his hockey skills #Bosma

***Sachak sure skipped by that $100,000 to get him out of the hole text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968