Bosma Murder Trial 04.14.16 - Day 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
May 18, lots of texts btwn IPad and a single phone number from 7:13 p.m. to 7:53 pm. Essentially arranging a meeting at Kerr and Speers.

A Shoppers Drug Mart at the meeting spot.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
More from iPad: "I'm leaving now hurry up." "I can't wait around too long." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
And also "I'm not bringin nothing with me neither so hills when I see uin person"

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Still May 18. 7:43pm. See u soon shoppers drug mart kerr and speers. Im leaving now hurry up... I cant wait around too long

Now seeing messages from May 18. It's a conversation between the iPad and a phone number about meeting up.
by Adam Carter 3:43 PM

One of the messages in this exchange says "go to shoppers and call Marlena."
by Adam Carter 3:45 PM

I'm assuming it's MS texting BD or Arthur?

I thought the toolbox and backpack transition had already gone down at this point..so is this Smich's regular drop spot?

I don't think they did a very good job of presenting this..why would they not have made a powerpoint presentation of all the phones together lining up who called who rather than tell the jury it will make better sense when they show the other phones..way to confusing. Similar to the way they did the phone pings and tower presentation.

I think it's due to there being two separate witnesses for each set of data. They can't combine them together.

I don't think they did a very good job of presenting this..why would they not have made a powerpoint presentation of all the phones together lining up who called who rather than tell the jury it will make better sense when they show the other phones..way to confusing. Similar to the way they did the phone pings and tower presentation.

I think we have to remember that the 'legal arguments' have a lot to do with how and when something is presented. It is confusing, I agree, but it's having quite an impact on me, nevertheless.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
Now seeing a 'web history' extraction from the iPad. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3s3 seconds ago
Web history from iPad shows web search for "rounds for 9mm" May 18 12:52pm

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 54s55 seconds ago
Now looking at web history from iPad. Used to search "rounds for 9 mm." On 12:52 p.m. May 18, 2013.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
A Google search was made on this iPad for "rounds for 9mm." Date is May 18, 2013 at 12:52pm. Visited one time. #Bosma

We're now seeing an entry from the iPad's web history. There's a Google search on May 18 for "rounds for 9mm."
by Adam Carter 3:50 PM

We're now moving from the iPad to a Blackberry that was found at Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM

There was also a media card in the phone.
by Adam Carter 3:53 PM

They have to both make the case that this was MS's phone (by content) and present what was found on that phone alone, first.

Then I guess they will present the DM phone, and THEN a presentation that links that conversations between the two, IMO.

It may all be related to admissibility as well...who can, according to rules and procedure, present the evidence. This guy did the work on the iPad, so it's all he can speak to.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 50s50 seconds ago
Ryder also examined a damaged BlackBerry Bold & extracted a physical image but couldn't navigate device.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s33 seconds ago
NOW moving on to a blackberry (and a 1GB media card that was inside it) that Ryder analyzed. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8s9 seconds ago
Ryder also asked to examine a BlackBerry Bold that was damaged and not working. He looked at handset and media card.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Blackberry itself was damaged and Ryder could not navigate it. #Bosma

* someone asked how the jury keeps track

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Notebooks that they cannot take out of the courthouse.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6s6 seconds ago
Mark S is the Facebook account on the seized Blackberry device. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s13 seconds ago
Found a Facebook account on the BlackBerry, associated to name: Mark.S. #Bosma

Wonder why MM would have cause to worry about MS 'dying' just because she couldn't get ahold of him overnight, when normal people are sleeping?

Fictitious conversation: "Marlena, honey, if you hang with me you'll soon become a mobster's wife? Free (stolen) jewelry, anything you want. Can you handle the danger I might get into?"

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 12s13 seconds ago
Account was shut down, Ryder says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
There is a link to a Facebook profile in iPad for user "Mark .S." #Bosma

It's no longer accessible, Ryder says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s17 seconds ago
Now seeing contact list from BlackBerry. Includes; Big Iisho Matt Ward; Big Ish Cell; Big Isho New #; Dellen The Fellon; Kowaliki Mi Negro

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s26 seconds ago
Now seeing a contact list for the phone. One is "Dellen the Fellon" #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 23s24 seconds ago
Jury now seeing list of contacts from why the crown says is Mark Smich's phone they include "Marlena Meneses" and "Dellen the Fellon" #Bosma

And THIS (IMO) is why someone like SS could have helped us with context.....I have no idea what "before I can dip" means......doubt we're talking about swimming.....
I'm still catching up so forgive me if this has been clarified but "dip" is slang for leave or leaving.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

There's a Facebook user account for Mark S. found on the Blackberry.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

That Facebook account is no longer active, Ryder says. We've heard Smich deleted his account.
by Adam Carter 3:57 PM

Now seeing contacts from the phone. Among them are "Dellen The Fellon, Big Isho Matt Ward, Kowallski Mi Negro, Marlena Menses" and "Alex Carreno."
by Adam Carter 3:59 PM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC now
Jury now seeing images from a media card from the Blackberry, the pictures are of a man who looks like Smich #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s34 seconds ago
We're now seeing photos recovered from the media card. Two appear to be of Smich. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 34s34 seconds ago
When police seize phone they disable it by removing SIM card and putting it on Airplane Mode. That way can't be remotely deleted. #Bosma

I'm still catching up so forgive me if this has been clarified but "dip" is slang for leave or leaving.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

thanks.....I still write out in full all my text messages......and apparently i'm not up on the "lingo".....

Of note: Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses' name isn't spelled correctly in the phone contacts from the phone found at Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 4:01 PM

Now seeing images that were on the Blackberry media card. There appear to be two shots of Smich on it.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

Now seeing photos retrieved from BlackBerry media card. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s44 seconds ago
Getting some very specific info about how devices store data/ how they do their extractions.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s11 seconds ago
Sharlene started a charity in Tim's honour which supports families of homicide victims. It is called Tim's Tribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcs1317