Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The investigators and Crown prosecutors on this case are phenomenal IMHO! Imagine their delight when they were able to access all these damning messages! They are hard to digest, especially for TB's family, but I imagine they too feel very grateful for the incredible combined effort of so many dedicated professionals seeking justice for TB.

All MOO.

While the LE involved in this and the other two cases have done a phenomenal job of putting all this together, they (as well as myself) must have been astounded at what they were able to recover from DM's phone and the fact that he still had it after this murder.

He really thought he'd get away with it. Just like every other mission. :notgood:

MOO

While the LE involved in this and the other two cases have done a phenomenal job of putting all this together, they (as well as myself) must have been astounded at what they were able to recover from DM's phone and the fact that he still had it after this murder.

He really thought he'd get away with it. Just like every other mission. :notgood:

MOO

I wonder if that close shave with the bobcat (LE showing up at hangar) and then getting away with it further emboldened him.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Oct. 20, 2012. Texts at 3:20 a.m. as Millard phone and friends head out to do mission. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
In the midst of talking about their mission, Millard and friends joke about "boners" and holistic medicine.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Oct 20, 2912. Millard texts say10 phone "there's a GPS on that bobcat!" Says Shane found it. #Bosma

"I haven't slept, went right back to airport to do damage control," he writes. "Only me you & Shane know about GPS. Let's keep it that way."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
Then Shaner texts: "cops just left." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 30s30 seconds ago
Oct 20 2012 millard wants bob cat moved to farm. police come looking for it. Has GPS. Shane found it. Cops just left hangar. @AM900CHML

BBM - anyone care to look up SS's testimony re: Bobcat and GPS? Perjury perhaps? MOO

ETA - I bet these were the text messages the Crown was trying to introduce during SS's testimony to prove he knew the Bobcat was stolen.....but they were ruled inadmissible at that time......could we see a recall of SS? wouldn't really add much.....but would be nice to see how he reacts to clear evidence of his lies....MOO again

BBM - anyone care to look up SS's testimony re: Bobcat and GPS? Perjury perhaps? MOO

I had the same thought, but my (VERY VAGUE) memory is that he admitted to removing the GPS, but pretended not to know why he was removing it. Not directly contradicted by texts, if my memory serves.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s54 seconds ago
Now Nov 5, 2012. Texts Javier Villada asking about KMs on red truck. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s47 seconds ago
After Bobcat theft, a msg "There's a GPS in that Bobcat!" Court has heard #Millard directed his mechanic to remove the GPS from machine

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 45s46 seconds ago
Schlatman at one point writes "Cops just left." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11s11 seconds ago
Nov. 10, 2012. An exchange of texts seems to be Millard and Smich trying to determine if their names show up when they message each other.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 11s12 seconds ago
Jury now seeing instant messages further linking the contacts "say10" and "mi negro" as one person whom the crown alleges is Mark Smich

Nov 10, 2012. 3-way exchange btwn say10, Millard phone and Millard email. Seems to be confusion around what name is popping up in convo

Wow...so the police did show up at the hangar regarding the bobcat and spoke to SS? Yeah sure Shane, you had no idea about any of the stolen stuff. :notgood:

MOO

Omg so cops tracked the bobcat, showed up at hanger and they had already moved it and Shane was in on it the whole time. WOW

Wow...so the police did show up at the hangar regarding the bobcat and spoke to SS? Yeah sure Shane, you had no idea about any of the stolen stuff. :notgood:

MOO

Yeah. I understand why some folks undertake devil's advocacy on behalf of the guys in the gang who aren't on trial for murder, but I still feel they were all pretty scummy.

Now onto Nov 25, 2012. Convo w say10. Say10 asks if he ordered "those things yet"--says has a "way better idea."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
dec 3, 2012 convo w say10. "Tomorrow I start firing people," Millard phone writes to say10. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Millard texts Shaner asking about changing the lock on the hangar door. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 24s24 seconds ago
Also texts 'mi negro' that he is busy organizing a funeral and the layoff of 15 employees and renegotiating deals w banks. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 3s3 seconds ago
Texts from Millard suggest he wanted the locks changed at MillardAir right before he laid everyone off except shayne Schlatman in Dec 2012

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 33s33 seconds ago
Dec 3 2012 4 days after millards father wayne dies. Tells smich. "Tomorrow I fire people" "organizing a funeral and laying off 15 people 1/2

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
Texts w Kowalski about plans for business. "Shutting sown the maintenance division, and renting hangar space," he writes. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4s4 seconds ago
In Dec 2012 #Millard talks about organizing his dad's funeral, renegotiating with banks, and firing all employees except Schlatman-- at once

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9s10 seconds ago
Millard; " renogiating deals w banks. A lot going on really fast" talks about going back to old business. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

We're seeing a lot of texts here, so I'm just grabbing the ones that appear the most interesting for now.
by Adam Carter 3:08 PM

Dec 3 2012, a message from Millard phone to Shaner: "Special project: Either after hours tonight or early tomorrow morning discreetly change the lock on the hangar entrance. I'll want 3 keys, 1 for me, 1 for you, 1 spare to be kept in the key cabinet."
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

In a message from the Millard phone: "Still under a lot of pressure, turns out my dad was hiding debts."
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

I have a feeling there is a treasure trove of data relating to LB and WM on DM's cell phone. The testimony today seems to be skipping over key dates relating to those two cases.

I'm surprised these guys didn't use BBM (blackberry messenger) instead of texting. As far as I know, if you don't turn on the 'save history' button, there is no trace of the messages, and aren't any chat histories to recover.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Dec. 6, 2012. Texts w Shaner re picking him up as an employee of MillardProperties after everyone is fired. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 14s14 seconds ago
Jury seeing text from Millard saying "turns out my dad was hiding debts" to Shayne Schlatman #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9s9 seconds ago
#Millard had Schlatman change the door locks the day he fired everyone but him. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 42s42 seconds ago
Shaner says "ya no worries. I am very happy working for you." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9s9 seconds ago
From #Millard phone: "turns out my dad was hiding debts." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
Then an exchange w "Kinks."
Millard writes "still under a lot of pressure. Turns out my dad was hiding debts." #Bosma

I bet these guys are wishing they'd used BBM (blackberry messenger) instead of texting. As far as I know, if you don't turn on the 'save history' button, there is no trace of the messages, and aren't any chat histories to recover.

Blackberry servers keep everything. RCMP has the encryption ID since 2010. No, bad idea!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Oct. 20, 2012. Texts at 3:20 a.m. as Millard phone and friends head out to do mission. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
In the midst of talking about their mission, Millard and friends joke about "boners" and holistic medicine.

Oct 20, 2912. Millard texts say10 phone "there's a GPS on that bobcat!" Says Shane found it. #Bosma

"I haven't slept, went right back to airport to do damage control," he writes. "Only me you & Shane know about GPS. Let's keep it that way."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
Then Shaner texts: "cops just left." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 30s30 seconds ago
Oct 20 2012 millard wants bob cat moved to farm. police come looking for it. Has GPS. Shane found it. Cops just left hangar. @AM900CHML

WHY HAS SS NOT BEEN CHARGED????????? :confused::eek:

We're seeing a lot of texts here, so I'm just grabbing the ones that appear the most interesting for now.
by Adam Carter 3:08 PM

Dec 3 2012, a message from Millard phone to Shaner: "Special project: Either after hours tonight or early tomorrow morning discreetly change the lock on the hangar entrance. I'll want 3 keys, 1 for me, 1 for you, 1 spare to be kept in the key cabinet."
by Adam Carter 3:12 PM

In a message from the Millard phone: "Still under a lot of pressure, turns out my dad was hiding debts."
by Adam Carter 3:14 PM

Oh snap! So he allegedly kills WM, and then it turns out there's no golden egg and he's mad?

Lots of nastiness in these texts.

Now onto Nov 25, 2012. Convo w say10. Say10 asks if he ordered "those things yet"--says has a "way better idea."

4 days before Wayne's death. What does Say10 refer to as a "way better idea"? :waitasec:

Kinks suggests taking out a loan to pay them off. Millard writes "yea I might have to do that." #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 58s59 seconds ago
Jury seeing a text from Millard saying "turns out my dad was hiding debts" contact kinks suggests "getting loan" #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 23s24 seconds ago
Further texts talking about "having the financial screws put to me" #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 59s59 seconds ago
Next on screen is a convo w Steven Kenny about a cheque and financial situation of biz. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 33s33 seconds ago
Millard; "still under a lot of pressure. My dad was hiding debts. My dads death has put financial screws to me."@AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
Then from mi negro: "hi Dell its Marlena." She's looking for Mark's new #. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member