Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now taking the morning recess. Back in 20 mins.
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 47s47 seconds ago
Ryder testimony done. Another witness up after the break. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s41 seconds ago
The next witness is Const. Craig Harrison. Crown asks for a couple minutes to set up--so jury is sent back out again. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s48 seconds ago
Next Crown witness is Const. Craig Harrison. Justice Andrew Goodman orders morning recess first. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 36s36 seconds ago
Jury excused for morning recess as crown sets up for next witness. #TimBosma

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 4m4 minutes ago
At #TimBosma murder trial we're hearing more of accused killer Mark Smich's rap lyrics... (1/2)

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 3m3 minutes ago
"Never lonely, its just me & my chrome piece I'm holding /
The cards I was dealt, I'm never folding / The One & Only, SAY10.. It's no fony.l

There's a one day discrepancy between the WS forum and the reporter tweets spreadsheet regarding the trial day #, resulting from last Monday's adjournment before any witnesses took the stand. Websleuths is on Day 36 while the reporter tweet spreadsheet is on Day 37.

:gaah:

Just something to keep in mind if you're comparing info across different sources.

Will the jury see the rap lyrics as damning for MS, or simply as a wannabe rapper's fantastical words?

I'm not sure. There are a lot of rap lyrics filling the airways these days but most of those who write them are not actual killers, IMO. Rap lyrics often express racist, misogynistic, and violent themes and language, IMO, yet a lot of ordinary young people are fans of it, IMO. I'm no fan of rap music in general, although there are a few exceptions that I do appreciate, but much of it I see as a rebellious expression of youth raging against the establishment they reject while glorifying a gangsta and celebrity sub-culture they wish to identify with because it is considered "cool", IMO. I don't know what to think. lol

All MOO.

Court is back in session, and the jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM

I think the rap lyric testimony is pretty weak. Let's see what else the text experts have recovered. JMO

I think the rap lyric testimony is pretty weak. Let's see what else the text experts have recovered. JMO

I agree, and TD must think so too or he would have cross-examined the witness, IMO.

All MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 27s27 seconds ago
Jury is in and Const. Craig Harrison is on the stand. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 20s21 seconds ago
#Bosma jury back. Next witness Det. Cst Craig Harrison

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 23s23 seconds ago
Jury back. Craig Harrison is the next witness. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 31s31 seconds ago
He's a police officer with the Hamilton service who specializes in mobile devices and data recovery. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s28 seconds ago
And we're back. Const. Craig Harrison up now. Crown seeking to qualify him too as an expert in mobile forensics/data recovery. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s22 seconds ago
He's a detective constable. Crown is seeking to qualify him as an expert in mobile devices and forensic data recovery.

Will the jury see the rap lyrics as damning for MS, or simply as a wannabe rapper's fantastical words?

I'm not sure. There are a lot of rap lyrics filling the airways these days but most of those who write them are not actual killers, IMO. Rap lyrics often express racist, misogynistic, and violent themes and language, IMO, yet a lot of ordinary young people are fans of it, IMO. I'm no fan of rap music in general, although there are a few exceptions that I do appreciate, but much of it I see as a rebellious expression of youth raging against the establishment they reject while glorifying a gangsta and celebrity sub-culture they wish to identify with because it is considered "cool", IMO. I don't know what to think. lol

All MOO.

I don't know about the jury but I wasn't as sold on Smich's participation in this thing until that SAY10 thing was released the other day. Its easy to say a kid made some bad choices in life, but to label yourself as the evil incarnate, is a whole different story. For me anyway.

The next witness is Det. Const. Craig Harrison.
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

The Crown is now seeking to have Harrison qualified as an expert witness for mobile devices forensics and data recovery.
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

He's with Hamilton police.
by Adam Carter 11:50 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 47s48 seconds ago
Harrison is an expert in mobile devices, forensics and data recovery. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s49 seconds ago
Crown Tony Lietch is taking witness through his CV. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 38s38 seconds ago
That should read forensic data recovery.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
He worked in computer industry before becoming a police officer. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 26s27 seconds ago
Jury is back. #timbosma Const craig harrison on stand. Forensic expert in mobile data collection. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6s6 seconds ago
He's with @HamiltonPolice, in tech crime unit. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3s4 seconds ago
Harrison is a police officer w Hamilton Police. He worked in computers before that. Now in tech crime unit (since 2012). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s16 seconds ago
Crown is going through his CV now. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 38s38 seconds ago
Harrison worked in computers before joining @HamiltonPolice in 2007 -- has been a specialized tech officer since 2012 #Bosma

All MOO.

I still think the shifting goal posts on the standard of admissibility of evidence is strange. How is it that other evidence on DM's character is inadmissible because it's not directly relevant to the charges in this trial, yet MS's rap lyrics are admissible? As far as I'm concerned, they are just typical rap lyrics, and if they indeed implied a direct proclivity to murder, then every rapper should be picked up right now and charged. IMO, though I personally detest rap, and detest MS, I have to wonder why those are allowed into evidence. WTH do they prove?

He's a member of the High Tech Crime Investigators Association.
by Adam Carter 11:52 AM

Harrison is now qualified as an expert.
by Adam Carter 11:57 AM

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 52s53 seconds ago
Witness has taken "Cell phone seizure and analysis" -- a five day course #timbosmatrial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5s6 seconds ago
He has testified at other homicide trials. #Bosma

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 18s18 seconds ago
Witness also took a "chip off" course dealing with how to examine locked phones #timbosmatrial

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 26s27 seconds ago
Witness has, among other things, given evidence about a PlayStation 3 at a homicide trial #timbosmatrial

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 49s50 seconds ago
The court qualifies Harrison as an expert. #Bosma

MS is a talented lyricist like I'm an Italian sumo wrestler that rides her unicorn through Timmies' drive-thru.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
Harrison gets permission from court to refer to notes and computer to refresh his memory.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 47s47 seconds ago
Monday May 13, 2013. 1:42 p.m. He went to Fountain Street business in Waterloo (GA Masonry) to obtain video.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Harrison is qualified as an expert. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
First piece of evidence Harrison was involved with was seizure of video from GA Masonry next to Millardair hangar at Wtlo airport. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
(We saw this video previously during testimony by Michael Plaxton, video expert). #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 10s11 seconds ago
Harris collected video from GA masonry- across from Millard Air. May 13-2013 @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13