Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison was called in to assist for the collection of evidence in this case on May 13, 2013.
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

Harrison recovered video from GA Masonry in Waterloo.
by Adam Carter 12:00 PM

The clock on that footage was off by -29 mins.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8s9 seconds ago
Jury once again seeing Exhibit 99. Photo showing time on video vs. time on his cell phone. Shows video is 29 minutes behind actual time.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Jury has learned a lot already at this trial about security videos, how they capture images and how you check their time stamps.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 24s24 seconds ago
He downloaded a May 6, 2013 video from 10-11 p.m.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 47s47 seconds ago
He gave video he collected to Michael Plaxton, @HamiltonPolice forensic video expert. Jury has already heard Plaxton's evidence. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 32s32 seconds ago
Harris also collected video on may 6th 2013 11-12pm. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 11s11 seconds ago
Harrison says he collected video from GA Masonry, which is the business across the street from the MillardAir hangar. #Bosma

MS is a talented lyricist like I'm an Italian sumo wrestler that rides her unicorn through Timmies' drive-thru.

That explains the sparkly rainbow coloured glitter, I saw outside my Timmies on the ground this morning. ;)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 33s33 seconds ago
Harrison also did an extraction from Christina Noudga's cell phone. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 22s22 seconds ago
June 12, 2014. Worked on an extraction from phone of Christina Noudga, Dellen Millard's girlfriend. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9s10 seconds ago
Harrison collected some of the surveillance video evidence we have seen & examined #Millard gf Christina Noudga's phone. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 14s14 seconds ago
Harris also extracted data from Christina Nougda phone june 12 2014 #TimBosma @AM900CHML

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Feb. 11, 2016. Works on reproducing cell phone data to "a more usable format." For phones belonging to Brendan Daly, Matt Hagerman...

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14s14 seconds ago
...Dellen Millard, Marlena Meneses, Shane Schlatman and others.

Harrison also did an extraction from Christina Noudga's phone -- Millard's girlfriend.
by Adam Carter 12:04 PM

He also did work on other major witness phones, like Shane Schlatman, Matt Hagerman, and Marlena Meneses, Smich's girlfriend.
by Adam Carter 12:06 PM

Court now seeing a powerpoint presentation to educate the jury on the work Harrison did on the phones.
by Adam Carter 12:07 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s33 seconds ago
He also did extractions from phones for Brendan Daly, Matt Hagerman, Andrew Michalski, Robert Bochenek, Shane Shlatman & Lisa Whidden #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 32s33 seconds ago
Harrison also extracted data from the phones of Dellen Millard, his girlfriend Christine Noudga, Shayne Schlatman, Brendan Daly #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 38s39 seconds ago
Harrison later examined most of the other devices we've seen in this trial, from different witnesses who have testified. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 50s51 seconds ago
He also did one for Dellen Millard's phone. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 42s43 seconds ago
Examined devices from hagerman,michalski,bochenik, schlatman.millard, menesis. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
PowerPoint presentation called Data Storage on iPhones. #Bosma

I'm probably letting him off too easy, but the rap/say10/hood-rat clothes and faux-gangster speak just make MS seem like a big ol' poser to me.

I still think the shifting goal posts on the standard of admissibility of evidence is strange. How is it that other evidence on DM's character is inadmissible because it's not directly relevant to the charges in this trial, yet MS's rap lyrics are admissible? As far as I'm concerned, they are just typical rap lyrics, and if they indeed implied a direct proclivity to murder, then every rapper should be picked up right now and charged. IMO, though I personally detest rap, and detest MS, I have to wonder why those are allowed into evidence. WTH do they prove?

I think the only thing of any relevance in the rap lyrics is the reference to "his .380". I can see why this particular set of lyrics was allowed in. I have to assume he's written many others without a reference like that and perhaps his lawyer could have pointed this out but we really have to take this piece of a rap lyric as it is intended. MS wrote a lyric indicating he had a .380. Now did he? Or did he know someone who did? Again, this is anyone's guess.

MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s59 seconds ago
And for Marlena Meneses's (Mark Smich's gf) phone. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 55s56 seconds ago
Matt Hagerman, Robert Bochenek, Andrew Michalski and Mark Smich's girlfriend Marlena Meneses. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
Seeing a PowerPoint now for 'data storage on iPhones.' #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 58s58 seconds ago
Extraction from Millard iPhone was more difficult and had to be done with the help of Apple.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 52s52 seconds ago
Millard had an iPhone 4s, which had to be sent to Apple to be unlocked, the others police just extracted the data. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
W/ Millard's phone, they weren't able to unlock it. Had to be sent to Apple, who then sent the data back. #Bosma

I don't know about the jury but I wasn't as sold on Smich's participation in this thing until that SAY10 thing was released the other day. Its easy to say a kid made some bad choices in life, but to label yourself as the evil incarnate, is a whole different story. For me anyway.

I looked up a site that gives explanations to how the popular rappers chose their names. Rap in some forms includes satanic references.

Here is the link: http://genius.com/4142650 Here's just one example, bbm: "Killer Mike got his name from how he “kills microphones” when he is rapping, meaning he bodies the whole song with just his verse. Like on Snappin' and Trappin', the first commercial verse Killer Mike ever spit."

In context to this crime, I agree SAY10 is more than mildly disturbing, but on its own, it could be simply a rapper persona MS chose for any number of less horrifying reasons, IMO.

All MOO.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 59s60 seconds ago
Harrison says the program he uses celebrite can unlock an Apple iPhone. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s39 seconds ago
Leitch talking about Celebrite software that police use to "unlock" phones. Was in the news recently regarding FBI & terrorist phone in U.S.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 11s11 seconds ago
Millards phone offered same challenges of san bernadino case. Couldn't be unlocked. Cellebrite remedied that.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12s12 seconds ago
Harrison used same software to unlock phones that was recently part of court case in US; police opened iPhone despite Apple court opposition

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s9 seconds ago
Proper spelling is Cellebrite.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 34s35 seconds ago
Harrison now giving the jury a crash course in how a mobile device stores data. #TimBosma

Millard's iPhone had the guts of an iPhone 4S - it had to be sent to Apple and they sent back data about it.
by Adam Carter 12:09 PM

According to his presentation, most modern devices like the iPhone use SQLite databases to store messages.
by Adam Carter 12:10 PM

Some deleted messages can be recovered on a phone if they're in the "SMS database," Harrison says, while others can't.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

Deleted messages stay on your phones until the slot it's in is needed for a new message, and then it's overwritten.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s49 seconds ago
Learning about the mechanics of SMS messages. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 38s39 seconds ago
Harrison is explaining storage system on cell phones. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 34s35 seconds ago
So when a message is deleted for example, it doesn't show up but is still stored in the SMS database on the phone #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 33s33 seconds ago
Harrison says even deleted messages can be extracted.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 36s37 seconds ago
Deleted messages stay on a device unless the space is needed and info is overwritten. Many texts we've seen at trial were "deleted." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 58s58 seconds ago
Extraction from Millard iPhone was more difficult and had to be done with the help of Apple.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 52s52 seconds ago
Millard had an iPhone 4s, which had to be sent to Apple to be unlocked, the others police just extracted the data. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s39 seconds ago
W/ Millard's phone, they weren't able to unlock it. Had to be sent to Apple, who then sent the data back. #Bosma

BBM
Hmmm...wasn't there just a big to-do in the U.S. about the FBI (or CIA...can't recall and too lazy to look up) wanting Apple to help them access the phone of the terrorists who attacked that community centre in California? Apple wouldn't help so they found their own way to do it. There may be different requirements with the different requests but this strikes me as being very similar. Why is Apple so helpful here but wasn't in the U.S.? MOO

***catching up.... so which is it? He used the software to unlock it or he sent it to Apple? Seems to be conflicting info here unless I am missing something.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Cellebrite is the world leader in cellular forensics. Your technology follows your every move! @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Cellebrite is the software tool police use to do these extractions, pulling data from iPhones. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Now learning about Cellebrite. Forensic tool specializing in cellular forensics. Used around world by police/military/intelligence agencies.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Correction: Cellebrite is spelled as shown. It's used to pull data from mobile devices and is used around the world by police and military

Harrison used Cellebrite for the investigation, which is used by law enforcement, the military and intelligence agencies.
by Adam Carter 12:17 PM

Cellebrate pulls from a wide range of applications, like WhatsApp, etc.
by Adam Carter 12:19 PM

We haven't gotten into the actual data that was recovered yet -- Harrison is still explaining the technicalities of how he did his job.
by Adam Carter 12:23 PM

Ann Brocklehurst @AnnB03
people sometimes communicate through online Scrabble games says witness at #timbosmatrial

Well that's sort of weird.

BBM
Hmmm...wasn't there just a big to-do in the U.S. about the FBI (or CIA...can't recall and too lazy to look up) wanting Apple to help them access the phone of the terrorists who attacked that community centre in California? Apple wouldn't help so they found their own way to do it. There may be different requirements with the different requests but this strikes me as being very similar. Why is Apple so helpful here but wasn't in the U.S.? MOO

That certainly is interesting. Notwithstanding that, however, that whole Apple/FBI thing in the States, was purely smoke and mirrors for public consumption. There is no way US intelligence services need to go to Apple to have them unlock an iphone. FBI/CIA/NSA have had that ability for years, but need to maintain the illusion that the privacy of the public is still safeguarded. Sorry, if this is a bit off topic.

EDIT: I should have added that what I wrote is NOT to imply that local LE would have that ability. However on the level of the NSA, you can damn well bet they do.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 27s27 seconds ago
Cellebrite can even retrieve some deleted messages, Harrison says #Bosma

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 2m2 minutes ago
people sometimes communicate through online Scrabble games says witness at #timbosmatrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Cellebrite can pull data from a wide range of apps (incl. Whats App, Text Plus etc.) #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
PowerPoint presentation is made an exhibit...Harrison was asked to work on Millard iPhone.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
If messages are deleted and overwritten (and therefore not recovered), there's no way to know they were there. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Jury has just learned long, complicated lesson on how data is collected. Now about to see evidence. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

BBM

***catching up.... so which is it? He used the software to unlock it or he sent it to Apple? Seems to be conflicting info here unless I am missing something.

I believe the software was used for various phones and the iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal