Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Usually you can tell from flow of conversation etc if things are missing. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s25 seconds ago
SMS messages are texts sent over cellular network. IMessages are data sent directly from one Apple device to another.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
MMS similar to text message but can also send multi-media.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 44s44 seconds ago
Diff types of messages as well -- iMessages, SMS (texts), MMS (photos or long texts, emojis etc). #Bosma

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03 8s8 seconds ago
I would say you have to be pretty tech-savvy to be a judge these days

BBM
Hmmm...wasn't there just a big to-do in the U.S. about the FBI (or CIA...can't recall and too lazy to look up) wanting Apple to help them access the phone of the terrorists who attacked that community centre in California? Apple wouldn't help so they found their own way to do it. There may be different requirements with the different requests but this strikes me as being very similar. Why is Apple so helpful here but wasn't in the U.S.? MOO

***catching up.... so which is it? He used the software to unlock it or he sent it to Apple? Seems to be conflicting info here unless I am missing something.

Sounds like DM may have done some "alterations" or jailbreaking perhaps to his phone? Or maybe not. Either way, the recent Apple decision about not unlocking phones was after 2013 when LE in this case would have been trying to access the information in his phone so it would not have applied.

MOO

BBM
Hmmm...wasn't there just a big to-do in the U.S. about the FBI (or CIA...can't recall and too lazy to look up) wanting Apple to help them access the phone of the terrorists who attacked that community centre in California? Apple wouldn't help so they found their own way to do it. There may be different requirements with the different requests but this strikes me as being very similar. Why is Apple so helpful here but wasn't in the U.S.? MOO

***catching up.... so which is it? He used the software to unlock it or he sent it to Apple? Seems to be conflicting info here unless I am missing something.

DM's iPhone 4S had to be sent to Apple because they couldn't unlock it with the software.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 10s10 seconds ago
Witness has made a big spread sheet w communications sent w who he was asked to mine data on. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Total number of "contacts" (which includes all texts calls GPS etc) in the Millard phone is 26,160. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Total number of "contacts" in Millard iPhone — all chats, messages, etc. — is 26,160.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 40s41 seconds ago
On millards device alone 26,150 calls. Msg's chats. An enormous job to go through everything. @AM900CHML @timbosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont now4 seconds ago
Communicated with Say10 3,042 times. With Mi Negro, 2,442. With Juice, 73. With Yes You+May 1,144.

looks like written shortly after LB...?

Exactly. The lyrics by themselves might not mean too much, but coming just days after Laura's death, gives them more weight IMO.

It also sounds like the testimony was allowed after legal arguments. There are probably quite a few legal arguments due to the crossover of the 3 deaths. Say10/Satan sounds proud of himself.

Millard's phone had 26,160 contacts in its "timeline" -- that's all of the chats, mms and call logs from his device.
by Adam Carter 12:31 PM

The first number identified in Millard's phone is a contact for "Say 10," which has 3,042 contacts. There's also "Mi Negro" with 2,442 contacts.
by Adam Carter 12:33 PM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s17 seconds ago
For ex. there are 3,042 contacts w "say 10" (Smich's number) #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 15s15 seconds ago
Contact names include. Say 10. Mi negro. Juice. http://Yesuandmay.hotmail . @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5s5 seconds ago
These contacts start Jan. 27, 2012.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 35s36 seconds ago
jury now looking at the contacts in #Millard's phone, with number of times contacted. "Say 10" "Mi Negro" and "Juice" among them. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
Contact ends on day of Millard's arrest, May 10, 2013.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 12s13 seconds ago
3,042 contacts w say 10. Smichs #. @AM900CHML

DM's iPhone 4S had to be sent to Apple because they couldn't unlock it with the software.

No...Apple used Cellebrite on it.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 25m25 minutes ago
Millards phone offered same challenges of san bernadino case. Couldn't be unlocked. Cellebrite remedied that.

Looks like he got a new phone in Jan 2012. Wonder if he kept his old one and if it was found.
ETA had my timing wrong. That phone should contain info from the time LB was missing and the death of his father.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
That spreadsheet is being made an exhibit. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Contacts end day of millards arrest. May 10,2013 @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 31s31 seconds ago
Harrison says Dellen Millard's iPhone contacted "say10" 3042 times between Jan 27 2012 and May 10 2013 #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s11 seconds ago
For ex. there are 3,042 contacts w a "say 10" phone. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4s5 seconds ago
"Say10" is an alias the crown alleges is used by Mark Smich #Bosma

OT:

Digital TrendsVerified account ‏@DigitalTrends Apr 13
Hackers for hire, not Cellebrite, opened the terrorist’s #iPhone for the feds http://bit.ly/1Vp6bMM

Exactly. The lyrics by themselves might not mean too much, but coming just days after Laura's death, gives them more weight IMO.

It also sounds like the testimony was allowed after legal arguments. There are probably quite a few legal arguments due to the crossover of the 3 deaths. Say10/Satan sounds proud of himself.

Sure, but if they allow past suggestive behaviour to imply some kind of definitive future action, then perhaps they should get a forensic Priest on the stand to testify that SAY 10, actually has a pitchfork and horns and dwells in the 9 circles of hell. As always, just MOO

No...Apple used Cellebrite on it.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 25m25 minutes ago
Millards phone offered same challenges of san bernadino case. Couldn't be unlocked. Cellebrite remedied that.

Hm, you're quoting AP, the reporter who's notorious for getting her facts wrong?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
W/ Millard's phone, they weren't able to unlock it. Had to be sent to Apple, who then sent the data back.

"Say 10" is a nickname for Smich, the Crown says.
by Adam Carter 12:38 PM

We're now seeing texts from Millard's phone on Feb 29, 2012.
by Adam Carter 12:40 PM

The text reads: "I'm buried under work trying to get these projects done. Once they're complete I will have proper time for us to run the missions & chill ... Once that's done, next on the list is: getting you a G1, sound equipment for recording, nab a dodge 3500, sell the green jeep, nab a Nacra18 sail boat."
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 23s24 seconds ago
We're going to go through messages from what is believed to be Millard phone and read them into the record. Starts Feb. 29, 2012, 12:36 p.m.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews now4 seconds ago
Crown Tony Leitch will now read messages sent from #Millard phone, & Harrison will read all the responses & incoming msgs. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
"I'm buried under work trying to get these projects done. Once they're complete I will have proper time for us to run the missions..."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s10 seconds ago
First message we see is to the Say10 contact on feb 29, 2012. Says "I'm buried under work trying to get these projects done." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 23s24 seconds ago
It includes a to do list of projects. Under "next on the list," it includes "getting you a G1" and "nab a dodge 3500" #Bosma

*Driver's licence learner's permit = G1

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
...next on the list is: getting you a G1, sound equi8pment for recording, nab a dodge 3500, sell the greet jeep, nab a nacra18 sail boat"

Hm, you're quoting AP, the reporter who's notorious for getting her facts wrong?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes
W/ Millard's phone, they weren't able to unlock it. Had to be sent to Apple, who then sent the data back.

BBM

I'm sorry.....don't know which is right.....but had to laugh.....I've found numerous spelling mistakes and fact errors already this morning....doing the scroll and roll on her tweets....

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Conversation feb 2012 between millard and smich. DM says how swamped he is. But once he is free he wants to run more missions. @AM900CHML

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
In a msg to Say 10 #Millard lists under todo: nab a Dodge 3500.... #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 25s26 seconds ago
He wants to "nab" a dodge 3500m sell the green jeep. " Nab"a sail boat. Run the missions and chill. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7s8 seconds ago
Jury dismissed for lunch. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6s7 seconds ago
Jury leaving for early lunch so Crown can get hard copies of the contact list for them. #Bosma

We're now breaking for lunch. Back at 2 p.m.
by Adam Carter 12:43 PM

BBM

I'm sorry.....don't know which is right.....but had to laugh.....I've found numerous spelling mistakes and fact errors already this morning....doing the scroll and roll on her tweets....

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 35m35 minutes ago
Extraction from Millard iPhone was more difficult and had to be done with the help of Apple.

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 36m36 minutes ago
Millard's iPhone had the guts of an iPhone 4S - it had to be sent to Apple and they sent back data about it. #TimBosma #Bosma

"Say 10" is a nickname for Smich, the Crown says.
by Adam Carter 12:38 PM

We're now seeing texts from Millard's phone on Feb 29, 2012.
by Adam Carter 12:40 PM

The text reads: "I'm buried under work trying to get these projects done. Once they're complete I will have proper time for us to run the missions & chill ... Once that's done, next on the list is: getting you a G1, sound equipment for recording, nab a dodge 3500, sell the green jeep, nab a Nacra18 sail boat."
by Adam Carter 12:41 PM

ubm Was DM promising to help MS get his rap music recorded? This text is incredibly damning for DM, IMO.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members